March 28, 2024, 12:40:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770380 times)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1840 on: July 09, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »

I am beginning to reach the end of my ideas ugh.  I keep trying to think think think.  There are so many different directions this case could go, it is mindboggling. There are too many possibilities, and nothing to eliminate them. 

my personal gut feeling is to go with the dogs.  I know many people say dogs are so unreliable and also are the handlers, but at this point in time I put more store in the dogs than I do all these conflicting stories.  So if I back up to the beginning and go with the dogs, they turned the corner and went south on 6th. So if I stick with this idea for the time being and go with she went down 6th, totally out of the way, my first question has to be WHY???

possibilities
she was heading to another friend's house
she was turning the corner off of maple to get away from someone
someone was over there and called her over
I really can't think of any other reason for her to go that way

next question would be, how far down 6th did her scent go, was it straight down one side of the street or in the middle or zigzagging back and forth into the yards or what
most likely it did ont go up to a door of a house or they would have a search warrant for that house.   unless the poeople let them come on in.  do we know how many houses they searched or if they searched inside any houses?   if not, why not.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1841 on: July 09, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »

I'm confused do we know that Josh has learning disabilities or autism or some other disorder, or could he maybe just not get along and have anger problems, because the divorce has upset him and he is acting out because of that?
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1842 on: July 09, 2009, 05:51:56 PM »

guess I will give my personal opinion on the josh theory etc.  and I will just post whatever I am thinking here, and reserve the right to change my mind if someone brings up something I don't think of.

josh is not driving a car, so if he did something to lindsey someone has to be helping him OR he talked her into going with him to some very secluded place no one can find. 

if they fight all the time and she likes to dig her fingernails into him, wouldn't the police notice there are huge gouge marks on him?  if he hit her in the back of the head and knocked her unconscious so she can't fight, he would have to carry her somewhere, again he would need help to get her so far away no one is finding her.
I really think if josh did something to her, they would have found her.  UNLESS someone helped him.

or she is someplace where he left her and they just did not look there, some old building etc.  so did they miss searching places?

To find me:
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1843 on: July 09, 2009, 05:57:13 PM »

hey monkeys,
I had to take a break from the site after the caylee case.  It was so heartbreaking.   But I have been lurking occassionally and I want to say that I am really impressed with how ya'll have been trying to help.  Tracygirl, there are many of us who understand how you feel. I work in a children's hospital and I have 2 small children.  I see how kids treat thoses who are different and it worries me daily.  I am trying to teach my own kids to cherish those who are different. 

traci
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1844 on: July 09, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »

guess I will give my personal opinion on the josh theory etc.  and I will just post whatever I am thinking here, and reserve the right to change my mind if someone brings up something I don't think of.

josh is not driving a car, so if he did something to lindsey someone has to be helping him OR he talked her into going with him to some very secluded place no one can find. 

if they fight all the time and she likes to dig her fingernails into him, wouldn't the police notice there are huge gouge marks on him?  if he hit her in the back of the head and knocked her unconscious so she can't fight, he would have to carry her somewhere, again he would need help to get her so far away no one is finding her.
I really think if josh did something to her, they would have found her.  UNLESS someone helped him.

or she is someplace where he left her and they just did not look there, some old building etc.  so did they miss searching places?

Ditto this post....the only person I can think of to help him would be maybe his mom, but she had a poly, the missionary man, but we have nothing to go on. It also would leave an adult very vulnerable to a child's inability to keep a secret and with stand questioning if an adult helped or lured him to do something. To me 2+2 is not equaling 4. but as you say, if there is something that comes up or a theory to how this could have been done by him and it makese sense, then ok. 

Norose, no we do not nor has it been said he has any disability for sure. The subject came up because of behaviors and a "could be". There is no way to varify this information without the mom confirming or denying or a medical professional trained in diagnosing such things.

I will admit my well is starting to running dry and there is just nothing new to go on. We have no interviews or press conferences....nothing, just Kara and I am sure she has to be careful.

So she walks south on 6th street. why? maybe she was taken on maple, the person turned down 6th and she jumped out for a bit to get away but he caught her again? Does that explain it? Maybe????
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1845 on: July 09, 2009, 06:06:39 PM »

lets say lindsey did make it home, went in the house and her and josh were still fighting over the bike that was left at the shell station.  say josh did hurt her etc, where would he hide her, certainly the dogs would find her at the house or really close like in the yard etc.  say lindsey did not want to fight or was scared of getting hurt and left again.  where would she go?  by then it is probably dark.  does she call someone? her phone is on the charger?  or does she just run outside and take off.  where does she go?  does josh chase her, is she hurt, or does she get back on the road and someone picks her up from there, or does she run and hide or go to someone's house she knows and they hide her?  so who is she close enough to, to go to their house and hide?  And would they hide her this long?

or if josh chased her outside, where do they go, where would she run? and how far would she run to go hide? and if all of this is going on, where is her mom?  not home or is she?

lets say josh did hurt her really bad or even choked her, killed her etc, his mom would have to help him hide her, her car does not work, so how do they get her out of the area?  call a friend? would a friend get involved in something like that?  if they hid her within walking distance why is no one finding her?

I just can't make this work?  anyone?

To find me:
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1846 on: July 09, 2009, 06:15:58 PM »

There is the person who says she has helped Lindsey but (!) she does have children of her own, would she protect Lindsey at the risk of being sent to jail away from her children? She called the police and CPS before, it makes sense she would do that again.

If lindsey got home, josh gave her a hard time about the bike, she left again to walk to the gas station maybe she got picked up? But why would they hid that fact, certainly not incriminating.

If lindsey got home and josh was upset, choked her and she died, the mom in an effort of trying to protect Josh, of course her daughter is laying there dead, so she calls her friend, the life long friend, she comes to help her take Lindsey away...The mom had a poly and I am sure the home was searched and everyone questioned...

Trust me, I have run these things through my head over and over again, I can't make it work.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1847 on: July 09, 2009, 06:18:35 PM »

I know I said early on to look at the brother..
He would have had to lead her off into the woods.. drop her in water..

I have found no evidence that this ever happened.. So I have said nothing more about the boy because his ability to hide her would be very limited at the time mentioned it would have been to dark to have gone very far and the close water body has probably already been searched..

It appears to be a stranger abduction and gas station video as well as Eyewitness is all you have to find him and his trail..
If you do not have any of those, we are at square one.. and it is no different then Amber Dubois and countless others who have vanished without a trace.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1848 on: July 09, 2009, 06:24:03 PM »

The missionary man....He befriends Josh to get close to the sister. Josh tells him of the troubles he has, especially with his sister. The missionary man in an attempt to help josh convinces him he must help him take the sister away where she cannot bother him anymore. What about all of the other kids? There are many that supposedly bully and pick on him..

Another....So Josh is upset with Lindsey about the bike when she gets home, starts choking her, (I think it has been said the mom was home, is that correct?) Josh calls the missionary man who comes to help Josh dispose of the body. All the while the mom is there in the house,  she doesn't notice her daughter was hurt, nor the man taking her daughter out of the home.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1849 on: July 09, 2009, 06:29:53 PM »

Janet,
First off, to remind me there is a little girl missing is a bit disrespectful. Obviously I know that.

If you wish to continue to look at only the brother as you have done, well, we at least know that avenue is covered. I will be looking in directions I feel is more likely.

Tracygirl ... I meant no disrespect.

This is a forum.  No member should be made to feel that their contribution should not be a focus of dialogue.  None of us knows what happened to Lindsey Baum following witness accounts observering her two blocks from her home.  We are all speculating on what little is known.

Considering the location of Wayne Watne's residence as it relates to the two block route Lindsey would have had to walk following witness observations and ... considering Wayne Watne's relationship with Lindsey (church) and Josh (fishing) ... I accumulated and compiled back up that had the potentional directing attention on Wayne Watne as a person of interest and ... I posted that compilation in the research thread that DD created on the topic.

When the argument between Josh and Linsey are considered ... when it is considered that Lindsey was only two blocks from her home when observed by witnesses ... when Melissa Baum's own words are considered ...when the words of McCleary residents in comments to  KING NEWS are considered and ... when Kara Kampen's own words are considered ... I believe that Josh Baum could also possibly be a person of interest in Lindsey's disappearance.

In the background ... I am now in the process of accumulating and compiling as much back up as I can to support that belief in regards to Josh Baum.  I will post that compilation in its own thread when I have completed the task.

Then ... I will move on to another possible person of interest.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1850 on: July 09, 2009, 06:34:55 PM »

sorry but I am over here laughing at our attempts to make this work.  so far we are not doing a very good job of it and it sounds ridiculous.  what are we missing?

the only thing that I can really make sound believeable is she went home, they started fighting he chased her out of the house she ran he followed, he came back and she did not.  the mom calls the police. Said she never made it home, but does not mention they were fighting and the son chased her out of the house and he came back and she did not.  this would mean lindsey ran and the brother chased her down, but to where?  and like edward says, it would have to be close enough they would have found her during all of the searching.  wouldn't they?  maybe they missed her? it is possible but unlikely.  is this why they searched some place (we can't find) 6 times?  because they thought she was out there hurt?  remember they said she might have gotten hurt out somewhere. 

so did she make it to someone's house and they hid her?  maybe they did, but for their own selfish crazy reasons. but the dogs would have trailed her there?  so she has to be somewhere on the dog trail?  I know most of you think the dogs are way off, but I personally believe them, I really do.  I think the feds did trail her and just are not saying where to, I really do.  and I think the trail just ended poof and they can't figure it out from there. 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1851 on: July 09, 2009, 06:39:31 PM »

Janet,
First off, to remind me there is a little girl missing is a bit disrespectful. Obviously I know that.

If you wish to continue to look at only the brother as you have done, well, we at least know that avenue is covered. I will be looking in directions I feel is more likely.

This is a forum.  No member should be made to feel that their contribution should not be a focus of dialogue.  None of us knows what happened to Lindsey Baum following witness accounts observering her two blocks from her home.  We are all speculating on what little is known.

Considering the location of Wayne Watne's residence as it relates to the two block route Lindsey would have had to walk following witness observations and ... considering Wayne Watne's relationship with Lindsey (church) and Josh (fishing) ... I accumulated and compiled back up that had the potentional directing attention on Wayne Watne as a person of interest and ... I posted that compilation in the research thread that DD created on the topic.

When the argument between Josh and Linsey are considered ... when it is considered that Lindsey was only two blocks from her home when observed by witnesses ... when Melissa Baum's own words are considered ...when the words of McCleary residents in comments to  KING NEWS are considered and ... when Kara Kampen's own words are considered ... I believe that Josh Baum could also possibly be a person of interest in Lindsey's disappearance.

In the background ... I am now in the process of accumulating and compiling as much back up as I can to support that belief in regards to Josh Baum.  I will post that compilation in its own thread when I have completed the task.

Janet

thanks for doing that, it will really help.  I know you must be seeing something we are missing.  I don't have a problem with thinking josh might have something to do with this; in that the fight contiued on, but his hiding her is my problem here.  unless the search just missed her and that is possible.  or she got to someone's house from there and they did something to her.  she could have went to the wrong person's house. 

I think my problem in this theory is I don't believe the witnesses LOL

To find me:
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1852 on: July 09, 2009, 06:41:20 PM »

<snipped>  so she has to be somewhere on the dog trail?  I know most of you think the dogs are way off, but I personally believe them, I really do.  I think the feds did trail her and just are not saying where to, I really do.  and I think the trail just ended poof and they can't figure it out from there. 

I agree with you doubledecker.  I don't believe there was no scent/nothing found of Lindsey.  I think LE is keeping that information to themselves right now.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1853 on: July 09, 2009, 06:54:50 PM »

okay say she does make it home, and is near there.  where is she, let me get a map

To find me:
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1854 on: July 09, 2009, 06:55:04 PM »

doubledecker - it doesn't work because the person who abducted Lindsey came off of RT 8 and returned on that exact highway. Heading toward HIS home.

As I was correct with Brooke Bennett - all the way down to the location of her body (2 miles, she was 2.1 miles) - when this all shakes out this will be a stranger abduction with the perp coming from RT 8 to get gas at the Shell station.

The timing of the abduction leaves little doubt in my mind who (profession wise) abducted Lindsey.

This of course could be a random lunatic in his mother's car, but I seriously doubt it. Mostly likely this is a person returning home from an appointment he had in the immediate area or the next few towns over.

Josh is so far down on my list - he's not even on my list. Neither is Mr. Watne. But, please feel feel to look at him and Josh as much as anyone wishes.

Interesting similarities -

Haylee - father at work.

Caylee - no known father. (mother is killer and I made that exact statement when it was totally unpopular)

Lindsay - father in another state thousands of miles away.

I could go on here - but you get the drift. Probable that the abductor does know some fact in some of these cases, but not all.

Mom are great people, but children need a mom and a dad. If you look at the stats on missing children you will see a correlation when the father is no where to be seen.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1855 on: July 09, 2009, 06:56:01 PM »

Janet,
First off, to remind me there is a little girl missing is a bit disrespectful. Obviously I know that.  If you wish to continue to look at only the brother as you have done, well, we at least know that avenue is covered. I will be looking in directions I feel is more likely.

I agree.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1856 on: July 09, 2009, 06:56:21 PM »

Janet,

Janet

I have not stopped you from doing whatever you feel is the way you wish to look. I simply asked for the "how" because I can't seem to get there. dig, look, if you find something by all means post so we can help.

DD as for the dogs....would a dog follow a scent while a person is in a car?
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1857 on: July 09, 2009, 06:59:56 PM »

red line is lindsey's street and it runs all around that red line on out.  there is a ton of desolate area out in behind where lindsey lives.

To find me:
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1858 on: July 09, 2009, 06:59:58 PM »

<snipped>  so she has to be somewhere on the dog trail?  I know most of you think the dogs are way off, but I personally believe them, I really do.  I think the feds did trail her and just are not saying where to, I really do.  and I think the trail just ended poof and they can't figure it out from there. 

I agree with you doubledecker.  I don't believe there was no scent/nothing found of Lindsey.  I think LE is keeping that information to themselves right now.

MuffyBee

I am more inclined to disregard the tracking dogs than I am the witnesses.  I cannot comprehend why the witnesses ... one who was a neighbour ... would obstruct the investigation.

Think about it.  It is known that Lindsey took the Maple Street route from her home to the Kampen/Williams residence an hour earlier.  Why did the tracking dogs not pick up her scent.

Janet

+++++

BLOODHOUNDS

FBI joins search for missing 10-year-old girl
Story Published: Jun 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM PDT

A wide-ranging search was launched early Saturday in the town and the surrounding forests. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of Lindsey has been found. Even bloodhounds failed to pick up her scent.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

Focus now on abduction
BY JACOB JONES The Daily World
Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:25 PM PDT

Scott said authorities have run into several dead ends with almost no signs of the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl, who was last spotted wearing a blue pullover shirt and blue jeans.

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1859 on: July 09, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »

doubledecker - it doesn't work because the person who abducted Lindsey came off of RT 8 and returned on that exact highway. Heading toward HIS home.

As I was correct with Brooke Bennett - all the way down to the location of her body (2 miles, she was 2.1 miles) - when this all shakes out this will be a stranger abduction with the perp coming from RT 8 to get gas at the Shell station.

The timing of the abduction leaves little doubt in my mind who (profession wise) abducted Lindsey.

This of course could be a random lunatic in his mother's car, but I seriously doubt it. Mostly likely this is a person returning home from an appointment he had in the immediate area or the next few towns over.

Josh is so far down on my list - he's not even on my list. Neither is Mr. Watne. But, please feel feel to look at him and Josh as much as anyone wishes.

Interesting similarities -

Haylee - father at work.

Caylee - no known father. (mother is killer and I made that exact statement when it was totally unpopular)

Lindsay - father in another state thousands of miles away.

I could go on here - but you get the drift. Probable that the abductor does know some fact in some of these cases, but not all.

Mom are great people, but children need a mom and a dad. If you look at the stats on missing children you will see a correlation when the father is no where to be seen.

Very interesting for sure. so do you have a sense of where she is? What town? What type of car?

I wish we had access to more information such as video from the gas station.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.