April 27, 2024, 10:38:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jury convicts Pa. man of murder in Accutane case  (Read 2046 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 30, 2009, 12:42:16 AM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CHEERLEADER_STABBED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
Jun 29, 3:26 PM EDT

Jury convicts Pa. man of murder in Accutane case
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- A Pennsylvania man who claims mood swings from an acne drug caused him to fatally stab a 16-year-old cheerleader has been convicted of murder.
The Allegheny County jury took fewer than two hours on Monday to convict 20-year-old John Mullarkey Jr., of Monroeville, of killing his ex-girlfriend Demi Cuccia (KOO'-shuh) in 2007.
Mullarkey's attorney had asked earlier for a mistrial because Hoffmann-La Roche Inc., of Nutley, N.J., pulled Accutane off the market Friday citing concerns over pricing of a generic version and other issues.
But Judge Jeffrey Manning said the trial wasn't tainted because the company's decision had nothing to do with the defense's claims that Accutane affected Mullarkey.
Mullarkey's attorney has acknowledged his client stabbed Cuccia but says it wasn't premeditated.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »

OK...I thought I had heard every excuse in the book and more, but......

MY ZIT MEDS MADE ME DO IT  ???  Pathetic...

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.