April 18, 2024, 04:56:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: La Raza, Racism, Illegal Immigration, and Your Wallet  (Read 1687 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 01, 2009, 07:43:02 AM »

I found this at www.thefoxnation.com -

"Suzanne", a female caller to Mark Levin's show on June 25th, revealed the ominous secret of the Democrat health care reform effort.

I want to tell you that last week I attended a conference on health care reform sponsored by La Raza. And I will tell you that what they had to say, Mark, is scarier than anything that's been said so far on the health care plan.

The kind of comments that were made and the notes that I took... they started the conference out by saying "America does not need health care reform, but Latino immigrants need health care reform."

And someone from Menendez' office [Ed.: Sen. Robert Menendez, D-NJ] promised that he would make sure that "the useless barriers of citizenship would not be in this bill" and that he would make sure that they would use keywords like "streamline"...

...One of the quotes they said was, "We want to make sure we take care of barriers like verification, but we can streamline programs to the more affluent" and, quote, "Useless treatments for the elderly can be gone because we don't need to spend money for people who are going to die anyway."

Gee, what a surprise. A group that preaches racial superiority and divisiveness wants to enact a stealth illegal immigration bill -- not dissimilar to chain migration. The bill will reward illegal immigration to the direct detriment of all American taxpayers and especially the elderly.

Kind of puts Judge Sotomayor's membership in La Raza in a new light, doesn't it?

Groups like La Raza encourage the Balkanization of America. They promote mutually hostile political groups that do not form a "melting pot", that do not utilize a common language, and that do not share the principles of America's founding.

As for those who belong to or support either La Raza or The Children's Defense Fund, I would strongly encourage you to drop your membership and support. The racial divisiveness promoted by these outrageous groups is antithetical to America's civil society.

It's time to politically punish these cretins who are out to dismantle our country.

..."This debate should be about health care for all, and setting the nation on a pathway to future health and well-being. Adding layers of immigrant verification and bureaucratic red tape to a new health care system would guarantee that millions of citizen children are effectively barred from accessing preventive care and would raise the cost of health care... we are extremely concerned that some view health reform as a way to scapegoat immigrants... Making health care easier to use and accessible for all workers and children is simple common sense."

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009/06/red-alert-la-raza-if-american-people.html

There needs to be enforcement of E-Verify, The Real ID Act of 2005, and voter registration and poll reform.  Look at what happened in Minnesota.  How can there be more votes in a geographical area then there are registered voters?  In my area (not Minnesota) I saw people register with a utility bill and a 'friend' to verbally vouch for their identity.

Is this why Nancy doesn't want the public to view the immigration healthcare bill?

There are lots of bombs in there that will continue to give our jobs and national prosperity away?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 08:04:50 AM »

In India, based on either my ignorance or facts, does not have the same 'prosperity' as the U.S. - they are still growing.  India takes identity theft, illegal immigration, and corruption seriously.

...the scheme, to be finalised over three years, will help in the delivery of vital social services to the poorest in society who often lack – or are at least told they lack – sufficient identification papers. The government has long complained that most of the money set aside for the neediest is diverted as a result of corruption, and it believes the cards could help to tackle identity theft and fraud.

At a time of increased concern over the threat of militant violence, the government also hopes that the creation of the scheme will boost national security and help police and law and order officials...

"It cannot be denied that the system of proving identity in India is complicated and confusing. But a system of national ID cards can technically introduce a new route to citizenship," said Charu Lata Hogg, an associate fellow of the Asia programme at Chatham House. "This could be used as a security measure by the government which leaves migrant workers, refugees and other stateless people in India in limbo, without access to public services, employment and basic welfare."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/id-cards-planned-for-indias-11-billion-1721552.html

In the U.S. sometimes it seems like government wants to give more and more away to anyone that puts any name on a paper.  It doesn't matter how often or how many benefits you get, let us give you more.  The safety net is being broken by the greedy, at the expense of the needy citizen, those here legally, current and future taxpayers.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 08:12:52 AM »

...it is one thing to celebrate heritage, as Sotomayor did with membership in La Raza, and it's another to enshrine race-consciousness in law.

Americans made that mistake once, to the nation's eternal shame. The nation should never repeat the terrible crime of treating people differently based upon what color they are or where they came from.

Sotomayor has tipped her hand. She is guilty of race-consciousness. She thinks "a wise Latina" would probably make better decisions than a white man. She thinks if no people with dark complexions score high enough for promotion, no people with light complexions should be promoted either.

That view should not advance to the highest court in the land.

If it does, it will be clear which members of the U.S. Senate believe that it should.

http://**/Opinion/Editorials/200906300602

I don't understand why there is a need after all these years to put people into race or ethnic based groups.  Why should anyone have to choose a slot?   Why should any program be targeted to just a few or many based on race or ethnic background? 

Why aren't programs designed to help everyone?  Aren't all people in need of help?  Don't all people need healthcare? 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.