March 28, 2024, 03:31:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir ~ Photos, Videos and Maps  (Read 36342 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 12:47:32 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »

Naples Daily News (Florida)
April 5, 2009 Sunday

The question remains: What happened to Adji?

For Marie Neida, the horror of her son going missing continues to dominate every facet of her life.

"I pray to God for my son to come back home," Neida said Friday.

It's been about three months since 6-year-old Adji Desir disappeared from outside his grandmother's house at Farm Workers Village in Immokalee.

Since then, Neida and her family members have tried to continue with their daily lives, while passing out fliers with her son's information and keeping in touch with the Collier County Sheriff's Office for updates on the case.

"My family is so-so," Neida, 36, said in a sad voice. "I'm so-so."

The situation has taken an emotional and psychological toll on the family, but especially on Neida and Adji's grandmother, Jesula Thebaud, 55, said Neida's husband, Antal Elant, 42.

"They don't sleep at night," Elant said. "Nobody sleeps."

Elant said the family prays daily for the safe return of Adji.

"We pray to God for Adji every night," Elant said. "Everybody wants Adji to come back home."

As for the outpouring of support from community members, Elant and Neida said they are grateful for everyone's efforts.

Elant said that above all else, people should keep looking for his stepson.

"I don't want anyone to give up," Elant said. "We need help very much."

Although 12 weeks have gone by, hope that the mentally disabled boy could be found remains in the community.

"It's good to know that the fliers are still out there and that people are still looking for him," said Sgt. Ken Becker with the Collier County Sheriff's Office Special Crimes Bureau.

Even three months later, local and statewide businesses have kept the missing-child fliers with Adji's information posted.

"I am glad to see that," Becker said.

Becker admitted that after the initial rush of tips back in January, the flow of information has slowed down a bit.

However, that doesn't mean that the multi-agency task force has stopped working the case. The task force is headed by the Collier County Sheriff's Office and includes agents from the FBI and Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).

"Over the last 12 weeks, we have done a number of follow-up investigations," Becker said.

The department received between 400 and 500 tips related to the disappearance of the developmentally disabled 6-year-old.

And it's community tipsters that could ultimately make the difference, he said.

"A case like this is going to depend on somebody that has seen something or has information that will help us find Adji," Becker said. "If you've got any information, no matter how small, contact us so we can follow up. It could be a key component to solve this case."

He added that on a case like Adji's, because time has passed, the tips aren't concentrated in Collier County anymore.

That's where help from the FBI, FDLE and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children comes in, Becker said.

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children president Ernie Allen agreed.

"Time dramatically expands the boundaries," Allen said.

It's one of the reasons the center has been adamant about getting Adji's story to national media, he said.

"We're trying to use media to keep awareness big," Allen said. "So we can generate the new leads we need to break this case loose."

He said Adji's information also had been sent to law enforcement agencies around the world.

"Obviously the primary focus initially was the rapid response, the search and rescue," Allen said.

At this point, Allen said the investigation had changed and become a more traditional criminal investigation.

"Now our focus is to keep the level of awareness of Adji as high as possible, so we can generate leads," Allen said. "Somebody out there knows what happened to Adji."

Allen said one of the key messages that the group wants to send is that, just because it has been three months, it doesn't mean the world can forget.

"Adji is still out there," Allen said.

As for whoever has her son, Neida has a simple request - take care of Adji and return him safely home.

"I want my son back," she said. "If someone sees Adji, call the police right away."

For more information about the search for Adji Desir visit the Collier County Sheriff's Web site at www.colliersheriff.org or visit the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's Web site at www.missingkids.com
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:952091714&start=5

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009, 12:50:17 PM »

Something is FINALLY moving forward in the search for Adji!!!!!!!

Gale St.John is arriving in Orlando today, and driving down to search for Adji.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/15/nationally-known-psychic-search-adji/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2009, 12:51:15 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2009, 12:52:09 PM »

Here are a couple of links for info pertaining to that area.

Grace try here

http://www.collierclerk.com/RecordsSearch/CourtRecords

and also http://www.colliersheriff.org/Index.aspx?page=1922

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2009, 12:53:04 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2009, 12:54:22 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2009, 12:57:36 PM »

<snip>
Please light a candle for Adji:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=adji

Keep him in our prayers.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 01:01:06 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »

quote author=Lovinlife link=topic=4380.msg850735#msg850735 date=1245785003]
This is old but I didn't see it posted anywhere so I thought I'd put it down.  I think this article sums up what all of us who come here to find news and say a prayer feel. Monkeys will never give up on you Adji!

http://www.bloggernews.net/120752

Adji Desir: America’s Forgotten?
Posted on May 5th, 2009 by Stone in All News, Op-ed, Society and CultureRead 1,882 times.

Immokalee, Florida- Its been so long for Adji he has been missing for what seems an eternity. He disappeared from his grandmothers front yard on January 10, 2009 at around 5:15pm. He went outside to play with some friends and vanished just fifteen minutes or so later. Never to be seen again. Poor Adji his nickname is Ji Ji . Just adorable.

I don’t know anything about Adji only that he is so precious and adorable to of  vanished into thin air. I haven’t heard anything regarding him on the tv or internet. Its very sad to me he is now in the ranks with the others of America’s forgotten lost children. Adji is a special needs child, he is six years old but has the mental capacity of a two year old. He doesn’t talk so well either he has a communication disorder.

Poor Adji so young and vulnerable out there somewhere alone most likely scared. I hope he is alive, somewhere his family is so distraught and grieved with pain. You can see it on their faces. His grandmother’s face brings tears to my eyes each time I see her picture. They don’t come from grand means or high living, they toil day in and day out to survive in this world. Adji’s disappearance only hurts them worse. Their pain is evident their sadness is deep within. It is deep within me also. I don’t report on Adji as much simply because there is nothing on him new or old.

There was a report of a psychic lending a hand to find him. I don’t  know what ever came of that search I know Adji is still missing. His family says that they are doing so so in their day to day lives and they don’t sleep well. Media attention dropped Adji like a bad habit not to long after he disappeared. I don’t think its fair to be honest. Caylee got more attention in the time she was missing then found dead than any child I have ever seen in my life. Adji is still out there missing yet he gets no media coverage. To me thats a huge lack in judgment to this day Caylee still gets more coverage then any missing kid. Even in death she is talked about and reported on more then Adji or Haleigh or any other child missing.

Its ridiculous to me that this is going on in our media. Adji is still missing he could very well be alive somewhere. Yet no one wants to give him the time of day or the attention that may bring him home. I would like to know why he doesn’t receive the attention that Caylee did or does. I would like to know why. Is it because his family isn’t from grand means in life. Is it because he isn’t white? I know thats a heavy question but its valid. Why isn’t Adji covered like Caylee or Haleigh in the beginning of her disappearance? I intend to dig up that dirt, find out why Adji was left out to dry by the media. Forgotten and abandoned. Its not right at all not by a long shot.

Adji Desir is a six year old African American, he has black hair and brown eyes. He weighs forty five pounds and is three feet tall. He is mentally handicapped, he has the mind of a two year old and has a communication disorder. He was last seen wearing a blue and yellow shirt with blue and yellow shorts. He was wearing black and gray sneakers. If you or anyone you know has any information regarding Adji please contact Collier County Sheriffs at (Florida) 1-239-793-9300 or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST).

[/quote]

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2009, 01:02:41 PM »

Parents of Adji, Baby Brian holding on to hope their children will be found

By ELYSA BATISTA (Contact)
Originally published 7:37 p.m., Friday, June 26, 2009
Updated 7:37 p.m., Friday, June 26, 2009
SEARCH FOR ADJI DESIR

Adji Desir has been missing from Immokalee since Saturday evening, Jan. 10, 2009.

Time is the enemy for the parents of a missing child.

The first 72 hours are the most crucial.

After that, statistics show the chance of the child ever being found continuously falls.

It has been six months since six-year-old Immokalee resident Adji Desir disappeared from outside his grandmother’s house at Farm Workers Village.

Meanwhile, the search for Baby Brian Dos Santos, who was taken from his mother in Fort Myers, has been going on for the past two-and-a-half years.

And in spite of hundreds of man-hours and thousands of dollars, both investigations have yet to turn up the missing boys.

However neither the Collier County Sheriff’s Office or the Fort Myers Police Department are calling it quits.

“As far as any tips, they’ve slowed down to about nothing,” said Sgt. Ken Becker with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office Special Crimes Bureau. “In the last three weeks, we probably got one. Other than that, we haven’t been getting any tips.”

And the majority of the case leads, Becker said, didn’t come from within Collier County.

One of the leads that arose soon after Adji went missing was that the developmentally challenged boy could be in Haiti.

“That was something that we looked into early on,” said Becker, adding that the agency spoke with Adji’s biological father and that the boy’s extended family members have taken fliers back and posted them in Haiti. “There is no indication at this point that he is in Haiti.”

It’s always ongoing, said Fort Myers Police Department Detective Matt Sellers, of the search for now 2-year-old Bryan Dos Santos.

“This past month we received two leads,” said Sellers, who said the Fort Myers Police department gets tips on the Baby Bryan case from time to time.

Investigators previously said they believed the baby was taken because his parents failed to pay human smugglers. Bryan’s parents, Maria de Fatima Ramos Dos Santos and Jurandir Gomes Costa, both Fort Myers residents, were brought into the United States illegally from Brazil, but failed to pay the smugglers’ entire fee, police said.

A woman driving a dark SUV took Bryan from Ramos Dos Santos at knifepoint Dec. 1.

It’s hard, said Sellers, because sometimes investigators have to refer back to the family when a lead is found.

“A lot of the leads are dead ends,” he said. “You don’t want to give false hope to the victims.”

Fort Myers Police officials said that from November 2006 to June 2007 alone, the department dedicated roughly 1,278 man-hours and $36,409.65 to the Baby Bryan search.

The search for Adji, said Collier Sheriff’s spokeswoman Michelle Batten, is a little harder to quantify.

Back in January, Sheriff’s Office officials estimated that roughly 300 law enforcement officials — 100 of which were Collier County deputies — were involved in the search for Adji, with boats and airboats joining the effort.

In addition to law enforcement from Collier County, several sister agencies turned out to help, including the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Hendry County Sheriff’s Office, Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Federal Bureau of Investigations and Hendry Correctional Institution and the Tampa Search and Rescue Team.

“Investigations like that, just can’t be tracked in the form of dollars and cents,” said Batten. “From the beginning this was about the safety and welfare of a little boy.

Yet time, officials said, has a way of slowly fading memories.

“Obviously your freshest information will come in the first couple of days. The public is paying attention to the case the most,” said Sellers, who has been involved with the Baby Bryan case since day one. “As time goes on, it gets harder. ... There’s less news, less public interest.”

Sellers said he still holds out hope, for the one lead that will help him find Baby Bryan. He said the family is doing the best they can.

“I don’t know if it ever gets easier,” said Detective Matt Sellers, with the Fort Myers Police Department. “It’s something that will stay with the parents forever.”

Also holding onto the hope of a miracle are Adji’s mom Marie Neida and stepfather Antal Elant.

“I think when we get Adji back, then the life will come back,” said Elant 42, at the family’s Immokalee home. “I can talk and I can laugh, but in my heart is tight.”

And although it doesn’t ease the pain of missing child, in May the couple welcomed a baby girl, who they’ve named Adjiani — after her brother.

Neida, 36, said that she prays daily for her son’s return and urged anyone who thinks they may have seen her son to please contact the authorities.

“I pray, and pray, and pray,” said Neida.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jun/26/parents-adji-baby-brian-holding-hope-their-childre/

Interactive search map for Adji
http://www.naplesnews.com/thesearchforadji/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2012, 10:00:15 PM »

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/adji-desir/view
ADJI DESIR

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.