March 28, 2024, 02:24:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi ... Thought she ran on anti-scandal?  (Read 2371 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: November 16, 2006, 10:37:15 AM »

Nancy Pelosi … Madame Speaker … Are you really “ready to govern?”

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/11/16/nancy-pelosi-madame-speaker-are-you-really-ready-to-govern/

Why would anyone make their first order of business and damage their credibility and power as speaker back someone like Murtha where Nancy Pelosi railed during the midterm elections about political  and lobbyist scandals? It would seem Nancy Pelosi cares little about political scandal, only if its Republican. Is that what people voted for?

I Nancy only worried about Republicans scandals? I think we can all agree that scndal knows no party ... its an individual issue prevelent on both sides. Too bad Pelosi does not see this issue in a bi-partisan manner.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 10:51:06 AM »

There’s a lot of crap going on in Congress all the time.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/11/16/there%e2%80%99s-a-lot-of-crap-going-on-in-congress-all-the-time/

If the Democrats want to be a serious force in cleaning up Washington’s corruption, Murtha can not be the Majority leader of the House. It is that simple.

And if they do want to keep this up, I have a feeling the American public will realize a chastised Republican party may be for them in 2008.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 11:31:21 PM »

Dear Red,

Can you explain what the scandal was about?  Do you mean her wanting her friend Murtha to be the Majority leader of the House? Such as JFK wanting his brother to be Attorney General? This is not uncommon.

Pelosi's scandal will be on the back burner within several days.

With respect,
Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 02:11:49 PM »

Oh, the Runaway Bride of Congress will never be on the back burner.  This is only simmering.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 09:55:27 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Oh, the Runaway Bride of Congress will never be on the back burner.  This is only simmering.

So true...and someone should have warned her about too much BOTOX, however I have to say that my biggest fear for our country right now is another mistake like the Presidential Election of 1976 - and the ensuing years.  Seems like no one wants to admit there was a misery index... it scares me.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.