May 29, 2024, 11:58:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 142 7/23/09 - 8/5/09  (Read 231606 times)
strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1240 on: July 31, 2009, 03:07:56 PM »

Won't ugLee need an attorny in Sept. when the depos with Morgan begin again?

Yep. Let's see who crawls out of the sewer to do the job....

Typical habitats for Lawyers are sewers, courthouses, hospital emergency rooms, bars (they only pass one in their entire lives), and—according to frequent reports—at the bottom of the ocean. They are also known for being caught and trained as evil villains for the Church of Scientology.

Hee-hee.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1241 on: July 31, 2009, 03:10:40 PM »

Good Afternoon Monks old and new. ummmmmm sounds like Luka did the same thing Mark NeJame did......got out of hell!! Why did he feel the need to make this statement so quickly...or at all?  I can't wait ti hear...the rest of the story!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1242 on: July 31, 2009, 03:11:28 PM »

I wonder if Luka was ever paid anything for representing Lee.   Probably not.   No sense in wasting any more time on a non-paying client, I guess.     
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1243 on: July 31, 2009, 03:12:25 PM »

Good Afternoon Monks old and new. ummmmmm sounds like Luka did the same thing Mark NeJame did......got out of hell!! Why did he feel the need to make this statement so quickly...or at all?  I can't wait ti hear...the rest of the story!!

Me too!   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1244 on: July 31, 2009, 03:12:28 PM »

Typical habitats for Lawyers are sewers, courthouses, hospital emergency rooms, bars (they only pass one in their entire lives), and—according to frequent reports—at the bottom of the ocean. They are also known for being caught and trained as evil villains for the Church of Scientology.

CC that should read SOME lawyers

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1245 on: July 31, 2009, 03:14:03 PM »

I wonder if Luka was ever paid anything for representing Lee.   Probably not.   No sense in wasting any more time on a non-paying client, I guess.     

I would guess he was not paid, but I really don't know.  Doesn't he share office space with Conman?  Wonder if we will hear the same announcement from Conman after Georgette's depo.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1246 on: July 31, 2009, 03:14:15 PM »

Maybe someone already posted this from the OS & I didn't scroll down far enough.  Sorry:

Sarah Lundy

Sentinel Staff Writer
2:30 PM EDT, July 31, 2009

The attorney for Casey Anthony's brother reports his representation is no longer needed in the case.

Thomas Luka said he was retained to help protect Lee Anthony's rights while detectives investigated the death of his niece, Caylee Marie, whose remains were found in December in woods less than a mile from her family home.

The two-year-old's mother, Casey Anthony , is charged with first-degree murder in the toddler's death.

Prosecutors questioned Lee Anthony under oath Thursday at the State Attorney's Office. Luka said they finished interviewing Anthony and dont' need him to answer anymore questions.

Therefore, Luka's role in the case has come to an end, he said. If something comes up and Lee Anthony needs an attorney again, Luka would return.

He may help Lee Anthony in the civil case against his sister. Attorneys for the woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation may want Lee Anthony and his family to answer questions they initially balked out during their depositions.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-bk-casey-anthony-case-lee-anthony-073109,0,6525802.story

Thanks cece! Something tells me we will not be seeing him again

Rest in Peace Caylee

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1247 on: July 31, 2009, 03:15:05 PM »

I stand corrected - twenty lashes

Do No Evil 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1248 on: July 31, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »

Maybe someone already posted this from the OS & I didn't scroll down far enough.  Sorry:

Sarah Lundy

Sentinel Staff Writer

The attorney for Casey Anthony's brother reports his representation is no longer needed in the case.

Thomas Luka said he was retained to help protect Lee Anthony's rights while detectives investigated the death of his niece, Caylee Marie, whose remains were found in December in woods less than a mile from her family home.

The two-year-old's mother, Casey Anthony , is charged with first-degree murder in the toddler's death.

Prosecutors questioned Lee Anthony under oath Thursday at the State Attorney's Office. Luka said they finished interviewing Anthony and dont' need him to answer anymore questions.

Therefore, Luka's role in the case has come to an end, he said. If something comes up and Lee Anthony needs an attorney again, Luka would return.

He may help Lee Anthony in the civil case against his sister. Attorneys for the woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation may want Lee Anthony and his family to answer questions they initially balked out during their depositions.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-bk-casey-anthony-case-lee-anthony-073109,0,6525802.story

You are too quick, cece! Wink

I just found this article too, and was going to post it.

Sounds to me like he hasn't really left the case.

Maybe this was done "on paper" so Lee does not have to pay him while he is "not representing" him?

I dunno how lawyers work and bill their clients. Just thinking here.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1249 on: July 31, 2009, 03:23:01 PM »

I would guess he was not paid, but I really don't know.  Doesn't he share office space with Conman?  Wonder if we will hear the same announcement from Conman after Georgette's depo.

It wouldn't surprise me.    I do think they share the same office.    I'm surprised Conman has lasted for as long as he has.   I know they are getting free publicity from this, but I doubt having to deal with any of the A's is worth it.      I wouldn't last two hours working for Sindy.
strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1250 on: July 31, 2009, 03:26:33 PM »

Attorneys can choose to terminate their representation of a client.  Reasons range from personality conflicts, financial concerns with a nonpaying client,  excessive time demands with client or other cases, and so on- - - .  It is difficult to conjecture why one's representation has been terminated.  In Luka's saying that his representation is no longer needed, he may not have meant that Lee no longer needed a lawyer's services, but rather that Luka's services were no longer needed, implying a personality conflict.  The same statement may be interpreted as a financial issue.  It's hard to tell.  One thing for sure is that lawyers do not come cheap for sure.  This is a convoluted complex case, which heaps on the financial burden of the Anthony family.  All for one sick sociopathic sister/daughter.  Casey has surely hurt  her family deeply despite the fact that they back her up.  It all started out that Casey believed she was no longer the center of attention after Caylee arrived.  Now the result is that Casey has lots and lots of attention from her family, from the press, from everywhere.  She may not even care whether it is positive or negative attention.  But just wait till she's locked away into obscurity, away from the glare of public attention.  That's when it may sink into her thick head.
strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1251 on: July 31, 2009, 03:31:49 PM »

Sarah Lundy

Sentinel Staff Writer

Maybe this was done "on paper" so Lee does not have to pay him while he is "not representing" him?

In cases such as this billing is generally done on the basis of the time the attorney puts in.  It's only big time business firms that pay attorneys to be available all the time on a retainer basis.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1252 on: July 31, 2009, 03:37:54 PM »

Sarah Lundy

Sentinel Staff Writer

In cases such as this billing is generally done on the basis of the time the attorney puts in.  It's only big time business firms that pay attorneys to be available all the time on a retainer basis.

Thanks.

Then maybe my gut reaction was right. Trouble between the two of them.

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1253 on: July 31, 2009, 03:42:09 PM »

Come on MORGAN & MORGAN &MITNIK! Ask for the transcripts!   

Hold on monkeys - I don't think it is as easy as Morgan and Morgan just asking.  I think they would have to petition the court and show just cause for needing them, and since they have done their own............ could be denied.   I might be interpreting this wrong - who knows, but if it were that easy, I think we would have already seen it.   
The more likely way we will see those depo transcripts, IMHO is if SA or biasbutt asks for them for trial.  Since all the attorneys were not present, they very well may ask so that all of the "teams" can be prepared.

(2) Transcripts. No transcript of a deposition for which a county may be obligated to expend funds shall be ordered by a party unless it is:
(A) agreed between the state and any defendant that the deposition should be
transcribed and a written agreement certifying that the deposed witness is material or specifying other good cause is filed with the court or
(B) ordered by the court on a showing that the deposed witness is material or on showing of good cause. This rule shall not apply to applications for reimbursement of costs pursuant to section 939.06, Florida Statutes, and article I, section 9, of the Florida Constitution.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1254 on: July 31, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »

So Lee doesn't need representation anymore, what about for the upcoming murder trial, he will need representation then. Something happened, period. Now to find out what the truth really is 

Let's sic Kathi B on the situation.     Monkey Devil!

Good idea !     
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1255 on: July 31, 2009, 04:07:03 PM »

It was not necessary for Luka to have made that statement that his services were no longer needed if all was indeed hunkie dory.  His doing so does raise questions.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1256 on: July 31, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »

It was not necessary for Luka to have made that statement that his services were no longer needed if all was indeed hunkie dory.  His doing so does raise questions.

I agree.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Monkey with Class
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1257 on: July 31, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »

HUGE red flag with Lee's attorney bailing.    Something is up and I bet we hear before the weekend is complete.  I bet the twists and lies were completely different from what Lee ahd spoke to his attorney about previously.  Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.

Have a great weekend monkeys!!!!  I will have to check in to see the reason of departure of Lee's attorney.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1258 on: July 31, 2009, 04:44:45 PM »

HUGE red flag with Lee's attorney bailing.    Something is up and I bet we hear before the weekend is complete.  I bet the twists and lies were completely different from what Lee ahd spoke to his attorney about previously.  Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.

Have a great weekend monkeys!!!!  I will have to check in to see the reason of departure of Lee's attorney.

I agree with you on this. There was really no reason for Luka to make a public announcement. If this were truely the case that Lee no longer needed representation, it would have just been quietly done behind closed doors, and no one would have been the wiser. If there was an agreement for him to possibly come back later, that would have been between them. There was no need for this public announcement unless there are other implications. I don't think we will never see Luka representing Lee ever again.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1259 on: July 31, 2009, 04:45:48 PM »

So Lee doesn't need representation anymore, what about for the upcoming murder trial, he will need representation then. Something happened, period. Now to find out what the truth really is 

I sent an e-mail earlier. Haven't heard back from her which idicates to me she is busy.   

Let's sic Kathi B on the situation.     Monkey Devil!

Good idea !     

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.