May 29, 2024, 11:46:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 142 7/23/09 - 8/5/09  (Read 231604 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: July 30, 2009, 06:13:47 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20213713/detail.html
Cindy Anthony Gives Sworn Testimony Wednesday
Defense Attorney Richard Hornsby May Use Cindy As Villain Character

POSTED: 12:08 pm EDT July 29, 2009
UPDATED: 12:29 am EDT July 30, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Cindy Anthony gave sworn testimony again Wednesday in the murder trial of her daughter, Casey Anthony.

Cindy Anthony's husband, George, was also set to give his deposition, but his wife's session ran long and his had to be rescheduled.

The Anthonys left the State Attorney's Office shortly before noon. They told WESH 2 cameras that they were hungry and heading to lunch, but not much else. The depositions finished at about 7:15 p.m.

Neither the Anthonys' attorney, Brad Conway, nor the State Attorney's Office would talk specifically about what subjects they covered in the depositions.

Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney, also offered little insight into the specific questions Cindy Anthony answered for hours behind closed doors in her second day of sworn deposition. However, when it was all over with on Wednesday, Baez said Cindy Anthony's deposition was civil and she gave thorough answers.

"It's pretty much the same of what we've been hearing," Baez said. "The state has to take depositions the same way the defense does. It's really just part of the case."
Defense attorney Richard Hornsby said Baez could learn a lot in the sessions just based on the state's questions.

"That's a gold mine for him to know. It gives him insight into what they're thinking," Hornsby said.

At the same time, he said prosecutors have to ask Cindy Anthony a lot of questions because they don't know what Baez's defense will be.

Casey Anthony is at the Orange County Jail. She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home.

The 23-year-old maintains that a nanny by the name of Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee.

Baez explained why the questioning with Cindy Anthony and prosecutors on Wednesday took so long.

"Once she gives answers, she likes to explain them and be as detailed as possible," he said. "That led to the length of time."

Hornsby had a different opinion.

"She has back-tracked," he said. "They've got to pin her down."

He said Cindy Anthony's stories have been inconsistent, so they need her story on the record before they go to trial."I think Casey Anthony is the wild card," Hornsby said. "I think Cindy Anthony is the loose cannon."

Baez said Wednesday's deposition was a night and day difference to the very volatile Cindy Anthony seen in April at a civil suit deposition.

Cindy Anthony is a witness for both sides. Hornsby said he believes that she's critical to the state's theory of motive, but he thinks Baez may make her the bad guy to prove that Casey Anthony isn't guilty.

"I think he's going to," Hornsby said. "She's a perfect person for the villain character. I don't think the jury's going to warm to her."

Lee Anthony, Casey Anthony's brother, is scheduled to be deposed Thursday at 9 a.m. New discovery documents are also expected to be released in the case against Casey Anthony on Thursday.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: July 30, 2009, 06:17:50 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-caylee-anthony-hearing-073009,0,3576797.story
Attorney seeks earlier hearing in Casey Anthony's civil case
 Sarah Lundy  Sentinel Staff Writer

4:53 AM EDT, July 30, 2009
Lawyers representing a Kissimmee woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation in civil court plan to ask a judge this morning for an earlier hearing date to address certain issues.

Today's meeting is set for 9 a.m.

A hearing is currently set for Sept. 8. However, Keith Mitnik with the Morgan & Morgan law firm, which is representing Zenaida Gonzalez, a 38-year-old mother of six, would like an earlier date so the case can progress.

The September hearing will address questions Casey Anthony, her parents and her brother refused to answer during interviews with Morgan & Morgan.

Casey Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie, whose remains were found in December less than a mile from her family home.

Last summer, Casey Anthony initially told investigators a baby sitter named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez took Caylee.

At the time, detectives questioned Gonzalez -- the woman suing Anthony -- but cleared her after she told them she did not know Anthony or the toddler. They showed a picture of Gonzalez to Anthony, who conceded the woman was not the nanny.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: July 30, 2009, 06:22:07 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/7/30/lee_anthony_facing_deposition_today.html
 Lee Anthony Facing Deposition Today
Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:51:29 AM

ORLANDO -- After a marathon deposition by Cindy Anthony, it's Lee Anthony's turn to answer questions about the murder case against his sister.

Lee Anthony will be deposed Thursday at 9 a.m. at the State Attorney's Office.

Prosecutors are asking the family questions as they continue to put together their case against Casey, who is accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.

The deposition with Cindy Anthony didn't wrap up until late Wednesday night.  Cindy’s deposition took 13.5 hours over the course of two days.

No one is saying exactly what was discussed.
Lawyers for Casey say these depositions didn't have the fireworks like the ones earlier this year involving the civil case against Casey brought on by Zenaida Gonzalez.

George Anthony was supposed to answer questions as well Wednesday, but that's been delayed until next week.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: July 30, 2009, 06:38:06 AM »

One final parting thought for the evening/morning...Just why did George buy that gun?  Protection for himself, to ensure Casey's cooperation, planning to kill himself should some family/financial secret(s) come to light?  I wonder if LE were tipped off by Trumball Jim?

O.k., I'm over my one thought limit here.  Have a good one, everyone!  On the count of three, all together now...One, Two, Three, DOCUMENTS!

ISpy,great posts.I enjoyed reading them.I've been awake since 2:30.I should have logged in.
Gotta have more coffee.On that note I say WAKE UP      Monkey Devil!
I'll even do a document dance for you.     

~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #804 on: July 30, 2009, 07:10:37 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/20222332/detail.html

Lee Anthony To Face Tough Questions In Deposition

Posted: 6:05 am EDT July 30, 2009Updated: 6:17 am EDT July 30, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News is following new developments in the case against Casey Anthony. Casey's brother, Lee Anthony, will be questioned under oath Thursday by prosecutors about his sister's murder case.

Lee Anthony's attorney, Tom Luka, said his client will not avoid answering the tough questions, because the line of questioning will be based on facts and not his opinion about his sister or what she may have done.

Prosecutors want to know what Lee saw or heard during the months before she was arrested and charged with murdering her daughter Caylee.

Luka says his client is not nervous and understands that this is part of the judicial process.

"It's a common legal strategy to want to know what your witnesses are going to say before you actually talk to them," said Luka.

Cindy Anthony spent 13 hours between Tuesday and Wednesday answering prosecutors' questions. Casey's attorney Jose Baez was there to listen.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Schaeffer told Eyewitness News that prosecutors are likely trying to determine if Cindy and George will be hostile witnesses during the trial.

However, Baez says this deposition was nothing like the Zenaida Gonzalez civil case against Casey. Cindy and George were obviously frustrated and grew angry during that process.

"I say that to try and give a little more dignity to the situation," said Baez. "I think it's unfortunate that Ms. Anthony giving depositions previously were broadcast in a negative way."

At one point, there was concern that Lee Anthony may be charged with obstruction of justice because of contradicting statements he had given to sheriff's investigators in the past. Now that Lee Anthony has been granted immunity he does not have to worry about that any longer.

In addition to Lee Anthony's deposition, some 1,500 pages worth of discovery in the case against Casey are expected to be released Thursday. Lee's deposition could potentially last all day.

OH NO!!  Does this mean George and Cindy have immunity as well???  OH NO!!!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #805 on: July 30, 2009, 07:32:59 AM »

Desi- HI!

O.k., I'm sure you've all seen this before and I'm prob waaaay behind, but can somebody explain this to me?

I found under sunbiz.org where Dennis/Sheri Milstead own GOTCHA Billboards and The Sign Store (both listed under Friends & Sponsors on the KidFinders Network website).  Who is Malori Milstead?

GOTCHA Billboards
http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet.exe?action=DETFIL&inq_doc_number=P06000082469&inq_came_from=NAMFWD&cor_web_names_seq_number=0000&names_name_ind=N&names_cor_number=&names_name_seq=&names_name_ind=&names_comp_name=GOTCHA&names_filing_type

GOTCHA Billboards, Inc.
Title P MILSTEAD, MALORI J
1740 E ROAD
LOXAHATCHEE FL 33470

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Sign Store
http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet.exe?action=DETFIL&inq_doc_number=P00000070037&inq_came_from=OFFBWD&cor_web_names_seq_number=0000&names_name_ind=R&ret_names_cor_number=N06000010388&ret_cor_web_names_seq_number=&ret_names_name_ind=&ret_names_comp_name=&ret_names_filing_type=&ret_cor_web_princ_seq=0002&ret_princ_comp_name=MILSTEADSHERRIJ&ret_princ_type=P
Title PRES MILSTEAD, MALORI
1740-B E RD
LOXAHATCHEE FL 33470
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Sign Store For Big Ads, Corp.
http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet.exe?action=DETFIL&inq_doc_number=P05000020612&inq_came_from=NAMFWD&cor_web_names_seq_number=0000&names_name_ind=N&names_cor_number=&names_name_seq=&names_name_ind=&names_comp_name=SIGNSTOREFORBIGADS&names_filing_type=
THE SIGN STORE FOR BIG ADS, CORP
Title V.P. MILSTEAD, MALORI V.P.
1740 E ROAD
LOXAHATCHEE FL 33470 US

Sign Shack, Unlimited, Inc.  http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet.exe?action=DETFIL&inq_doc_number=P06000147947&inq_came_from=NAMFWD&cor_web_names_seq_number=0000&names_name_ind=N&names_cor_number=&names_name_seq=&names_name_ind=&names_comp_name=SIGNSHACKUNLIMITED&names_filing_type=
SIGN SHACK UNLIMITED, CORP.
Title P,T MILSTEAD, MALORI J
1740 E ROAD SUITE B
LOXAHATCHEE FL 33470 US

O.k., really going now.  LOL!

Must be a relative. She was with KFN way back when this case started. They may have had to put these businesses in her name. However, I didn't think they were even legitimate businesses.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2008/7/17/kid_finders_network_offers_assistance_in_search.html

Kid Finders Network Offers Assistance In Search
Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:21:01 PM

ORLANDO -- A local group is stepping up and offering to help in the search for Caylee Anthony, 2.

The Kid Finders Network helps Florida families find missing children.

They're hoping the Anthony family will agree to let them help in the search for the missing girl.

The Kid Finders Network is a non-profit organization that uses donations from the community to fund their work.

"I've had families who have mortgaged their house two and three and four times just to keep printing flyers and keep giving out T-shirts and to keep putting on events to keep their kid's names in the forefront,” said Malori Milstead from the Kid Finders Network. “Because that's always going to be your child and as long as their missing, it's always going to hurt."

If you would like to get in touch with the network, call (877) 663-5678.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #806 on: July 30, 2009, 07:48:52 AM »

Thanks Tupelohoney.Very interesting about Lee.
I'm curious about Cin-cin and George too.   

~ Peter Frampton
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: July 30, 2009, 08:10:20 AM »

i never knew Lee was given immunity...does anyone know if Cindy and George were also given immunity...i never heard that in the news.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #808 on: July 30, 2009, 08:24:03 AM »

i never knew Lee was given immunity...does anyone know if Cindy and George were also given immunity...i never heard that in the news.

I don't believe anything was on the news about this! Why wasn't the public notified? If Cindy and George were given it also, it opens up a whole can of worms!!

Lee's kept a low profile, maybe this has been in the works for awhile, but I'm sure if Cin & George were given it, people would have been all over that.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #809 on: July 30, 2009, 08:26:18 AM »

My understanding is that in Florida, when you are subpoenaed for testimony as a witness, anything you say during the testimony can not be directly used to show you committed a crime. However, that does not mean that if the state has evidence independent of your testimony they can not charge you.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #810 on: July 30, 2009, 08:26:54 AM »

Partial transcript from Nancy Grace show in January 2009

GRACE: The worst he can say is that the police were not pleasant? OK, he`s got to hit me with more than that before he gets my attention.

Straight out to Natisha Lance, our producer, on the story from the very beginning. Natisha, what can you tell me about possible immunity, criminal immunity, for tot mom brother Lee Anthony?

NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, that is the big question tonight, Nancy, is will Lee Anthony get immunity? Apparently, his attorney, Thomas Luca, is worried that Lee could possibly face obstruction charges or aiding and abetting charges. Now, what he`s trying to do is seek a subpoena for Lee Anthony. If he`s given the subpoena, he would then get immunity. Now, the caveat is...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait, wait! If he`s given a subpoena, he automatically gets immunity?

LANCE: That`s right. Under Florida law, he would be given immunity. Now the caveat to that is, Nancy, if he`s given this immunity, he has to take stand in the murder trial. He cannot plead the 5th. He has to get up there, tell his story, tell exactly what he knows. If Casey did give him inside information, he has to spill it all on the stand during that murder trial.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: July 30, 2009, 08:28:15 AM »

I never read that Lee had been given immunity either -- Since Cin Cin was so reluctant to give her deposition this week, it's possible she hasn't received immunity .. but who knows ?
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #812 on: July 30, 2009, 08:29:18 AM »

Ooooo Lee's testimony could be very juicy! He's the one that heard what Casey said, what Cindy said, saw all the reactions and spilled the beans. He has actually given us more insight on the night the Police were called than anyone. It's Cindy that tried to unring that bell. 

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #813 on: July 30, 2009, 08:30:48 AM »

GRACE: The worst he can say is that the police were not pleasant? OK, he`s got to hit me with more than that before he gets my attention.

Straight out to Natisha Lance, our producer, on the story from the very beginning. Natisha, what can you tell me about possible immunity, criminal immunity, for tot mom brother Lee Anthony?

NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, that is the big question tonight, Nancy, is will Lee Anthony get immunity? Apparently, his attorney, Thomas Luca, is worried that Lee could possibly face obstruction charges or aiding and abetting charges. Now, what he`s trying to do is seek a subpoena for Lee Anthony. If he`s given the subpoena, he would then get immunity. Now, the caveat is...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait, wait! If he`s given a subpoena, he automatically gets immunity?

LANCE: That`s right. Under Florida law, he would be given immunity. Now the caveat to that is, Nancy, if he`s given this immunity, he has to take stand in the murder trial. He cannot plead the 5th. He has to get up there, tell his story, tell exactly what he knows. If Casey did give him inside information, he has to spill it all on the stand during that murder trial.

Thanks for the refresher .. had forgotten that.   
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #814 on: July 30, 2009, 08:30:56 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-caylee-anthony-hearing-073009,0,3576797.story
Attorney seeks earlier hearing in Casey Anthony's civil case
 Sarah Lundy  Sentinel Staff Writer

4:53 AM EDT, July 30, 2009
Lawyers representing a Kissimmee woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation in civil court plan to ask a judge this morning for an earlier hearing date to address certain issues.

Today's meeting is set for 9 a.m.

A hearing is currently set for Sept. 8. However, Keith Mitnik with the Morgan & Morgan law firm, which is representing Zenaida Gonzalez, a 38-year-old mother of six, would like an earlier date so the case can progress.

The September hearing will address questions Casey Anthony, her parents and her brother refused to answer during interviews with Morgan & Morgan.

Casey Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie, whose remains were found in December less than a mile from her family home.

Last summer, Casey Anthony initially told investigators a baby sitter named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez took Caylee.

At the time, detectives questioned Gonzalez -- the woman suing Anthony -- but cleared her after she told them she did not know Anthony or the toddler. They showed a picture of Gonzalez to Anthony, who conceded the woman was not the nanny.

Does anyone know if this hearing will be televised?

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #815 on: July 30, 2009, 08:33:05 AM »

Thanks for the refresher .. had forgotten that.   

So does this mean the Anthonys also have immunity as they were also subpoenaed for these depositions?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: July 30, 2009, 08:40:18 AM »

Thanks Tupelohoney.Very interesting about Lee.
I'm curious about Cin-cin and George too.   

Good Morning, everyone.  an angelic monkey
 I just got up and haven't even had my first cup of coffee, but I have sent an e-mail to Kathi and maybe we will hear what this is all about.
What a sour note to wake up on.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #817 on: July 30, 2009, 08:40:46 AM »

Ooooo Lee's testimony could be very juicy! He's the one that heard what Casey said, what Cindy said, saw all the reactions and spilled the beans. He has actually given us more insight on the night the Police were called than anyone. It's Cindy that tried to unring that bell. 

and good post about he immunity....i just wonder from his CMA promise, if he would still lie, or not give information. I think the bond between him and Casey is too strong and too weird for him to give evidence against her. So then i wonder if the A.s also get immunity..Cindy is not capable of telling the truth, but 13 hours boy i bet that SA was very frustrated but i bet they asked tough and to the point questions
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #818 on: July 30, 2009, 08:42:37 AM »

what the hadoodle???  they gave lee immunity?  why oh why oh why????     (and i gotta say he's lookin' rough)

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #819 on: July 30, 2009, 08:45:08 AM »

I wanted all the Ants to be deposed at the same time, but seperate rooms, attorneys ect. As it stands now, Cindy gets to coach her family on questions asked/ answered. I do like the idea of George stewing all weekend until his depo.

I completely agree!  However, George is going to need to be careful since they have his testimony from the GJ.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.