May 28, 2024, 12:46:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 142 7/23/09 - 8/5/09  (Read 231305 times)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #820 on: July 30, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »

More from same NG show:

GRACE: OK, let`s unleash the lawyers. We are taking your calls live. Joining me tonight out of the Atlanta jurisdiction, veteran criminal defense attorney, Renee Rockwell. Also joining me out of New York, Hugo Rodriguez, defense attorney, former fed with the FBI.

Renee, try, put it in a nutshell. How do you get immunity by just getting a subpoena? That doesn`t sound right to me.

RENEE ROCKWELL, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Nancy, if he`s potentially a target for any type of charges, if they want his testimony, they`re going to have to give him something in exchange, which equals immunity.

GRACE: I know that. But again, that wasn`t my question. Hugo Rodriguez...

HUGO RODRIGUEZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Sure.

GRACE: ... there`s more to getting immunity than a subpoena showing up in your mailbox via registered mail. You got to work out immunity deal.

RODRIGUEZ: No, not in the state of Florida, Nancy.

GRACE: Good. Explain.

RODRIGUEZ: The law in the state of Florida is if a state attorney subpoenas any witness, that witness has immunity.

GRACE: Oh, you`re talking about use immunity, not blanket immunity.

RODRIGUEZ: Yes. Exactly. Exactly.

GRACE: OK. I understand.

RODRIGUEZ: So obviously, they want to talk to him. He doesn`t have a privilege. He doesn`t have a legal privilege...

GRACE: Right.

RODRIGUEZ: ... of any conversations he`s had with his sister or anyone else.

GRACE: And very quickly, explain the difference between use immunity and blanket immunity.

RODRIGUEZ: Anything he says to them, they cannot use against him in a criminal prosecution. If they could otherwise prove any other crime without use of his own words, they could still prosecute him.

GRACE: Now, let`s think about it. Why would tot mom brother Lee Anthony need criminal immunity? Let`s go to Leonard Padilla, bounty hunter who first bailed the tot mom out of jail and then planned and executed an exhaustive search for little Caylee`s remains. Why would Lee Anthony need criminal immunity, Padilla?

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER: Somebody had to get the information where the body was back on August the 11th, also to the private detectives. He might be part of that daisy chain I`ve been talking about.

GRACE: Oh, you and the daisy chain again!

PADILLA: Me and the daisy chain.

GRACE: Listen, under our criminal justice system, you do not -- as much as I may not like it -- you do not have a duty to be a good Samaritan. If you know where a body is, you don`t are to call police. You can just keep on going by. So the fact that Lee Anthony may have known -- they`re not even saying he did, but if he may have known where the body was, that does not equal criminal charges. You`ve got to -- a criminal charge, you`ve got to do more than know something, Leonard.

PADILLA: It does if you have the intention to foil the prosecution`s case by following that up with the "Zenaida did it, the other Zenaida did it," and your discovering the body...

GRACE: Ah. If you mislead police, knowing better. I understand now, an obstruction charge.

I want to go back out to Natisha Lance. Natisha, you stated that the attorney is seeking immunity for tot mom brother Lee Anthony. Is there any indication what he believes Anthony -- Lee Anthony`s involvement is?

LANCE: Well, he said that he may have information that police may misconstrue as him obstructing justice or aiding and abetting in this crime that Casey carried out. But did not get into specifics.

GRACE: That does not sound good, Leonard Padilla.

PADILLA: No, it doesn`t. No, it doesn`t.

GRACE: OK, you were the one in the home, Padilla, not me. Tell me, what was Lee Anthony`s attitude? How has he been? Has he been more concerned about the tot mom or about finding little Caylee?

PADILLA: He was -- when we originally got there, he was concerned about aiming us towards Jesse Grund. Then subsequently, he was very concerned about a search for Casey that his mother had sent him on, where he went looking for her around the 2nd or the 3rd of July. And he always carried a binder with a ton of notes. I told Nick Savage one day, Go get that binder. See what he`s got in there. But I don`t know if they ever did or didn`t.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: July 30, 2009, 08:47:06 AM »

what the hadoodle???  they gave lee immunity?  why oh why oh why????     (and i gotta say he's lookin' rough)
it's too early....

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #822 on: July 30, 2009, 08:49:23 AM »

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that in this image Bobo is putting the moves on the female reporter and Cindy looks pizzzed about it?

Good morning Monkeys
LOL....I was so hoping someone would post this image.To me it looks like cindy is checking out Holly in jealousy.Wanna bet cindy shows up again soon dressed something like Holly?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: July 30, 2009, 08:51:59 AM »

Partial transcript from Nancy Grace show in January 2009

GRACE: The worst he can say is that the police were not pleasant? OK, he`s got to hit me with more than that before he gets my attention.

Straight out to Natisha Lance, our producer, on the story from the very beginning. Natisha, what can you tell me about possible immunity, criminal immunity, for tot mom brother Lee Anthony?

NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, that is the big question tonight, Nancy, is will Lee Anthony get immunity? Apparently, his attorney, Thomas Luca, is worried that Lee could possibly face obstruction charges or aiding and abetting charges. Now, what he`s trying to do is seek a subpoena for Lee Anthony. If he`s given the subpoena, he would then get immunity. Now, the caveat is...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait, wait! If he`s given a subpoena, he automatically gets immunity?

LANCE: That`s right. Under Florida law, he would be given immunity. Now the caveat to that is, Nancy, if he`s given this immunity, he has to take stand in the murder trial. He cannot plead the 5th. He has to get up there, tell his story, tell exactly what he knows. If Casey did give him inside information, he has to spill it all on the stand during that murder trial.

Thanks for the refresher .. had forgotten that.   

So does this mean the Anthonys also have immunity as they were also subpoenaed for these depositions?

I wonder that too....but then the same rules would apply and Cin & George would not be able to plead the 5th either right?

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #824 on: July 30, 2009, 08:58:49 AM »

Looking for silver cremation heart jewelry here prompted me to go back to Cindy's John Morgan deposition to look for a closeup of her jewelry for comparison.  WOW!  I'd forgotten how totally out of control she was!  I also saw how proud she was of herself, thinking she outsmarted the attorneys (even smugly winking at Brad Conway -Part 8, IIRC).  Watching the depo, I wondered if the water bottles are a signal.  It seemed whenever she was feeling pressured and losing her control, Brad would move her water bottle close to her.  Hhhhmmm.  Sorry, but I can't sit through all 8 episodes of Cindy to verify that.

Which brings me back to Tuesday and Wednesday's depos.  The video of Cindy arriving on Tuesday was interesting.  Cindy appeared to me to be secretly crying coming up the walkway (the facial muscles around her mouth were working the way they do when someone is quietly crying-think frustration).  As they neared the reporters, the Deputy very kindly out her hand around Cindy in a protective way and Cindy deliberately stepped completely to the side, facing away (as in "I don't want or need your help.").  Cindy made an odd facial expression with her mouth at that point similar to a last inhale when someone stops crying.  It appears to me that she kind of pulled herself together at that point.
Second observation- Isn't it interesting that even though Cindy & Baez are both working to free Casey, he's careful to keep his distance from her and vice-versa.  Do we have any pics of the two of them talking together or standing near each other?  ITA with whoever said in the last few pages that they are attempting to put on a unified front.  There are obvious cracks in the facade though...not buying it.
Third observation (and no offense intended)- I wonder if Brad instructed Cindy & George to push his wheelchair as it "humanizes" them.  We tend to think of those we see helping handicapped people as compassionate, kind, loving, etc.  I can think of no other reason Brad would need anyone to push his wheelchair as he seems more than capable. I don't mean this offensively, but they aren't exactly the easiest things to wheel (needed one last year temporarily), particularly going up ramps of any angle.  Brad does fine without their help.  Why would he need it?
Fourth thought- If Casey didn't like Cindy's first cameo (as she caustically called it in her initial phone call from jail), the I'm sure she won't be too thrilled with Tuesday's post-deposition "performance" by Cindy (all tanned, hair highlighted, adorned with Caylee jewelry,sunglasses and wide smile). Cindy & George say they want Casey to be found innocent and get out of jail.  I think the bigger problem for Cindy & George would be if Casey did get off and get out of jail.  JMO

ISpy........I totally agree....I think Cindy was crying too, but somehow managed to pull her psycho self together in a hurry for another kodak moment.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #825 on: July 30, 2009, 09:10:45 AM »

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that in this image Bobo is putting the moves on the female reporter and Cindy looks pizzzed about it?

Good morning Monkeys
LOL....I was so hoping someone would post this image.To me it looks like cindy is checking out Holly in jealousy.Wanna bet cindy shows up again soon dressed something like Holly?

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: July 30, 2009, 09:12:12 AM »

Ooooo Lee's testimony could be very juicy! He's the one that heard what Casey said, what Cindy said, saw all the reactions and spilled the beans. He has actually given us more insight on the night the Police were called than anyone. It's Cindy that tried to unring that bell. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #827 on: July 30, 2009, 09:15:16 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-documents-073009,0,2997539.story

Prosecutors to release documents in Casey Anthony case
The State Attorney's Office will release documents in the Casey Anthony case.

7:09 AM EDT, July 30, 2009

The State Attorney's Office will release more than a thousand pages of documents today on the state's case against Casey Anthony.

It is unclear what the documents contain, but check back and we'll post updates as we review the reports.

No photos or videos are expected in today's release.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: July 30, 2009, 09:20:43 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20222752/detail.html
More Info Released In Anthony Case
Casey Anthony Charged With Murder In Daughter's Death

POSTED: Thursday, July 30, 2009
UPDATED: 9:09 am EDT July 30, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The state attorney's office on Thursday released more than 1,000 pages of new documents in the Casey Anthony case.

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/0730/20223432.pdf

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #829 on: July 30, 2009, 09:33:37 AM »

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The state attorney's office on Thursday released more than 1,000 pages of new documents in the Casey Anthony case.

Well, that took all of 5 minutes to read. I'm sure there is more. Interesting that Cindy is now remembering Zanny and the conversations that Casey coached her in. Hair straightener, Videos, etc. Yeah right!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: July 30, 2009, 09:38:35 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/7/30/lee_anthony_facing_deposition_today.html
 Lee Anthony Facing Deposition Today, New Documents Released
Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:10:28 AM
ORLANDO -- The State Attorney's office has released more documents in the Casey Anthony case.   

More than 1,000 new pages were released Thursday.

The documents include polygraph information as well as information on Casey's ex-fiance Jesse Grund.

No photos or videos were released

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: July 30, 2009, 09:39:49 AM »

More Anthony Evidence Released
Lee Anthony Faces Deposition On Thursday
POSTED: 6:24 am EDT July 30, 2009
UPDATED: 9:03 am EDT July 30, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors released hundreds of pages of documents in the Casey Anthony case on Thursday.

About 1,500 pages were released as more depositions take place involving the Anthony family.

Casey Anthony's brother, Lee Anthony, will face some tough questions from prosecutors at 9 a.m.

Cindy Anthony completed a round of depositions on Wednesday. She is considered a key witness for attorneys on both sides of the case.

Defense attorney Jose Baez said Cindy Anthony wasn't as volatile as she's been in the past."It was very professionally done deposition, and everybody's tempers were kept in check," Baez said.

"She's a loose cannon, and you have to reign her in and get her testimony very concise. You want advance your case using her," defense attorney Richard Hornsby said.

Hornsby said he believes Cindy Anthony is critical to the state's theory of motive, and they need to get her story on the record in case it changes at trial. He also said he believe Baez will use her to prove Casey Anthony is not guilty.

George Anthony was scheduled to be deposed earlier this week, but that was rescheduled to a later date.

Casey Anthony remains at the Orange County Jail. She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home.

http://www.wesh.com/news/20222439/detail.html
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: July 30, 2009, 09:40:07 AM »

Whose address is 2500 W Colonial Drive?  A box containing many items including an umbilical cord??

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: July 30, 2009, 09:45:20 AM »

Well, that took all of 5 minutes to read. I'm sure there is more. Interesting that Cindy is now remembering Zanny and the conversations that Casey coached her in. Hair straightener, Videos, etc. Yeah right!

Only thing I found interesting was someone sent Rev Grund a Casey VooDoo Doll via priority mail.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: July 30, 2009, 09:47:15 AM »

Public Record Request On Jesse Grund.
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0730/20223703.pdf

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: July 30, 2009, 09:49:18 AM »

Prosecutors release documents in Casey Anthony case
The State Attorney's Office released documents in the Casey Anthony case.

The State Attorney's Office is morning released more than a thousand pages of documents this morning on the state's case against Casey Anthony.

It is unclear what the documents contain, but check back and we'll post updates as we review the reports.

No photos or videos are expected in today's release.

Here are some points of interest:
The Orlando Police Department released the personnel file of Casey Anthony's former boyfriend Jesse Grund. Records show Grund was enrolled in the police training program in 2007 and 2008. He resigned for "personal reasons" in June 2008, according to a resignation letter he sent to Chief Val Demings. Records show he garnered mostly positive reviews, but was reassigned to remedial training at one point. The documents show he came in late and also failed to pay for a vehicle registration.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-documents-073009,0,2997539.story
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: July 30, 2009, 09:49:34 AM »

Good Morning Boo, and all Monks old and new!   Nothing we didn't already know here. Come on give us the GOOD STUFF!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #837 on: July 30, 2009, 09:50:29 AM »

Whose address is 2500 W Colonial Drive?  A box containing many items including an umbilical cord??

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #838 on: July 30, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »

Good Morning Boo, and all Monks old and new!   Nothing we didn't already know here. Come on give us the GOOD STUFF!

Morning Sunny!  Yeah not much there, but I'm looking forward to the fingerprints, if they are in this dump.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: July 30, 2009, 10:04:41 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-hearing-073009,0,511754.story
Attorney tried to get earlier hearing in Casey Anthony civil case but judge turned him down
Lawyers for Zenaida Gonzalez wanted an earlier hearing date in the Casey Anthony civil case.

Sarah Lundy Sentinel Staff Writer

4:53 AM EDT, July 30, 2009

Lawyers representing a Kissimmee woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation in civil court asked a judge this morning for an earlier hearing date to address certain issues.

But Orange Circuit Court Judge Jose R. Rodriguez said he is booked up with other cases until then.

A hearing is currently set for Sept. 8. However, Keith Mitnik with the Morgan & Morgan law firm, which is representing Zenaida Gonzalez, a 38-year-old mother of six, wanted an earlier date so the case can progress.

The September hearing will address questions Casey Anthony, her parents and her brother refused to answer during interviews with Morgan & Morgan.

Rodriguez advised Mitnik to check everyday to check for cancelled hearings, which may free up another time.

Casey Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie, whose remains were found in December less than a mile from her family home.

Last summer, Casey Anthony initially told investigators a baby sitter named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez took Caylee.

At the time, detectives questioned Gonzalez -- the woman suing Anthony -- but cleared her after she told them she did not know Anthony or the toddler. They showed a picture of Gonzalez to Anthony, who conceded the woman was not the nanny.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.