April 27, 2024, 11:04:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 skeletons found 6/29/09 Dacula & 7/2/09 Lawrenceville GA (BOTH ID'd NO CRIME)  (Read 7110 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 06, 2009, 06:03:33 PM »

More skeletal remains found in Gwinnett
Second such discovery this week
By CHRISTIAN BOONE

Thursday, July 02, 2009

For the second time this week, human remains have been found in Gwinnett County.

Police say there’s no evidence to support any connection, but both investigations are ongoing.

The latest discovery occurred Thursday morning in unincorporated Lawrenceville, said Gwinnett police spokesman David Schiralli. The bones were discovered in a creek bed in the woods near the 1000 block of Cassina Court.

Gwinnett’s medical examiner will try to determine the identity and cause of death, Schiralli said.

On Monday, a man’s skeletal remains were found in a wooded area near Ga. 316 in Dacula. The dead man’s identity and cause of death are unknown.
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2009/07/02/more_skeletal_remains.html
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 09:28:50 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 06:05:16 PM »

Human remains found in Gwinnett
DACULA GA - Gwinnett County Police are working to identify human remains that were found in a wooded area of Dacula.

Some tree workers were in the area near Tanner and Drowning Creek Roads on Monday when they discovered some bones. The workers soon realized to their horror that  they were not viewing the kind of animal bones one might normally find in the woods.

Police have said they have determined the remains are from an adult human, but that the cause of death and the gender of the deceased have not been determined. Investigators said that they believe the remains have been in the wooded area for at least a year.

The medical examiner's office has reviewed the dental records and compared the dental remains to the dental records of missing person Justin Gaines and have determined that the skeletal remains are not likely to be those of Gaines.

http://www.examiner.com/x-9126-Gwinnett-County-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m6d30-Human-remains-found-in-Gwinnett

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 06:22:36 PM »

Skeletal remains found in creek bed

A passerby found skeletal remains in a Lawrenceville creek bed Thursday - the second set of human bones found in Gwinnett this week, police said.

The skeleton lay in a wooded area in the bank of the creek behind a residence in the 1000 block of Cassina Court.

Officials with the Gwinnett Medical Examiner's Office are investigating, but it's too early to determine the age or gender of the victim, police said.

Cpl. Illana Spellman said there's no evidence to suggest a connection between the remains and another skeleton spotted by laborers Monday in Dacula near Ga. Highway 316.

Authorities said the first skeleton belonged to an adult human, but dental records suggest it's not Justin Gaines, the college student missing since November 2007.

The bones in Dacula had apparently been exposed to the elements for more than a year, police said.
http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.asp?SectionID=6&SubSectionID=6&ArticleID=61670&TM=389.548

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 06:41:21 PM »

NUT - there was a MP case in Dacula GA, I need to remember who it was.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 03:01:02 PM »

Jason Roark/Lilburn-Snellville GA
Justin Gaines/Duluth GA

several others too...

Leslie Adams / Lilburn GA was missing and her body was finally found and identified.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 09:22:35 AM »

2nd skeleton found has been ID'd /

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. -- Police have identified skeletal remains found in a Gwinnett County creek bed a week ago as those of an 80-year-old man who wandered away from home last summer.

Investigators said Thursday there was no sign of foul play in the death of Jean LaGuerre, a Haitian immigrant who suddenly left his daughter's front porch in Lawrenceville on Aug. 13.

His remains were found July 2.

The medical examiner's office continues to try to determine the cause of death.
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/251/story/773235.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 09:26:21 AM »

JEAN's MISSING REPORT from 2008 >>>>>>

Elderly Gwinnett man missing a month
Friday, September 12, 2008

Jean Laguerre’s family will celebrate his 81st birthday on Friday, but he may not be there to join them.

The Lawrenceville man has been missing for a month, since he vanished from the front porch of his daughter’s home in a quiet cul-de-sac on Melrose Woods Court. Urmiss Roche said her father would sit outside for hours, relaxing with the family dog “Daisy” and watching neighborhood activities.

On Aug. 13, Laguerre sought refuge on the porch as usual around 8 p.m. When his daughter glanced out the window about a half-hour later, he was gone. Family members canvassed the neighborhood for two hours with no luck. Then they dialed 911.

“We did dog searches, we did helicopter searches,” Roche said. “The police did the best they could do.”

The family is especially worried because Laguerre, a native of Haiti, speaks only Creole. He never left home unaccompanied.

Laguerre also suffers from high blood pressure and diabetes, for which he takes medication. The family said he has not exhibited any signs of dementia.

Laguerre’s other daughter, Bernonde Laguerre, lives less than five miles from the Roches. The remainder of Laguerre’s 13 children are spread out between Haiti, Canada and New York.

The two sisters from Lawrenceville have spent frantic weeks distributing flyers and searching area hospitals, hoping he’ll turn up.

Bernonde Laguerre said she has had difficulty concentrating at work, and “every time we’re driving somewhere, we’re looking for him.”

Laguerre is a black male of medium complexion, about 5 feet tall and 142 pounds with salt-and-pepper hair.

Gwinnett police released a photo of Laguerre to the media shortly after his disappearance. However, department spokeswoman Cpl. Illana Spellman said investigators have no new leads.

“Hopefully something else will come in, but right now we don’t have anything,” Spellman said.

If you see Laguerre, contact Gwinnett County Police at 770-513-5300
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/09/12/missing_gwinnett.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »

Bones identified as missing elderly man
7/10
LAWRENCEVILLE - Skeletal remains found by a jogger last week are those of a missing elderly man who could have suffered from dementia or Alzheimer's, police said Thursday.

A skull and some bones belonging to Jean Laguerre, 81, who disappeared nearly a year ago, were recovered on a bank of the Alcovy River in Lawrenceville, about two miles from where he was last seen.

Laguerre wandered off his daughter's front porch the night of Aug. 13 last year and was never seen again, despite police searches by land and air. An investigation by the Gwinnett County Medical Examiner's office concluded Thursday that the bones were Laguerre's.

Forensic experts are in the process of determining the cause of death. Police do not suspect foul play, said Gwinnett police spokesman Cpl. David Schiralli.

A jogger from South Carolina was visiting family on the Fourth of July weekend when he spotted the bones near Cassina Court on July 2.

Laguerre's daughter told police she'd left her father alone on the porch for about 30 minutes when he vanished. She said the native of Haiti, who spoke only Creole, was taking blood pressure medication and never left the home unaccompanied.

An independent study by a group called Safe Return determined Laguerre likely suffered from dementia or Alzheimer's.

A phone number listed for the family's home has been disconnected.

Laguerre's remains were the second skeletal findings reported by police last week.

Laborers in Dacula found the skeleton of an adult male near Ga. Highway 316 on June 29. The bones had apparently been exposed to the elements for more than a year.

Schiralli said investigators are awaiting medical records to determine an identity of the first skeleton found.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.asp?SectionID=6&SubSectionID=6&ArticleID=61927&TM=132.196

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 04:49:53 PM »

1st set ID'd as per Grande at HFTM

8/6/2009 12:01:00 AM
Bones ID'd as those of Dacula man
By Heath Hamacher
Staff Writer

DACULA - Skeletal remains found in a wooded area near Drowning Creek Road and Tanner Road on June 29 have been identified as those of Scott Spalding of Dacula.

Spalding, 38, was reported missing on Aug. 5, 2000.

The remains - found by tree service employees working on the property - were quickly ruled out through dental records as being those of Justin Gaines, a college student missing since 2007.

Gwinnett police spokeswoman Cpl. Illana Spellman said it was also dental records, through the military, that confirmed the remains as Spalding's.

"Mr. Spalding died of a single gunshot wound from a handgun located at the scene," Spellman said. "The Medical Examiner's Office has ruled Mr. Spalding's death a suicide."

The Gwinnett police Cold Case Unit had been working the case.
http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.asp?SectionID=6&SubSectionID=84&ArticleID=62926

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.