April 25, 2024, 09:30:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wayne Watne - Missionary At Lindsey's Church; Took Josh Fishing Etc  (Read 29970 times)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 11:16:03 AM »

Roy Coney Dixon   
Roy Coney Dixon, 68, of Malaga, went to his eternal home to be with the Lord on February 27, 2009. He will always be remembered as a loving husband, dad, grandpa and great-grandpa. He was born on March 25, 1940, in Allison, AR, to the late Luther and Edith Dixon. He was raised in Mountain View, AR. When Coney was young, he would work in the cotton fields to help the family out and later, he worked various jobs in the lumber industry in Arkansas. Coney eventually started making seasonal trips to Cashmere, WA, seeking orchard work. On one of his trips to Cashmere, he met Joan Marie Collins. Coney knew he had met the "Love of his Life" and he married Joan on August 28, 1964, in Wenatchee, WA. Coney and Joan continued making seasonal moves between Cashmere and different areas of Arkansas, which included Jacksonville, Fayetteville, Springdale and Alpena. In the early 1970's, they decided to make the Wenatchee Valley their permanent home. Coney worked in the area orchards in all capacities. He obtained a back injury that forced him to retire from orchard work. After retiring from orchard work, Coney decided to take a passion of his and make it a career, when he started breeding and raising German Shepherds. Coney's German Shepherds brought him a lot of joy and happiness over the years. Coney was an avid hunter and enjoyed taking his family on camping and fishing trips. You could always find him whittling on a piece of wood, his work was remarkable and will always be cherished.
He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Joan Dixon of Malaga; five children: two sons, Dennis and wife, Rebecca Dixon of Mountain View, AR and Jeff and wife, Jennifer Dixon of Peshastin, WA; three daughters, Melissa and husband, Tony Gonzalez of Moses Lake, WA, Stacy and husband, Robert Watne of Vancouver, WA and Colleen Dixon of Malaga, WA; 11 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; one brother, W.S. and wife, Betty Dixon of Harrison, AR; three sisters, Neoma and husband, Ed Stevens of Nevada, MO, Juanita and husband, William Trail of Artemas, PA and Barbara Reynolds of Fox, AR. He was preceded in death by his parents; one brother, Orville Slayton; and infant son, Mark Dixon.
Commemoration Service will be held at the Graveside in the Cashmere Cemetery on Tuesday, March 3, 2009, at 11:00 a.m. A reception will follow the service at the Cashmere American Legion Hall. Arrangements are in the care of Heritage Memorial Chapel in East Wenatchee.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2009, 04:32:28 PM »

Wayne Watne, a member of the Evergreen Christian Community Church and representative of Harvest Vision Ministries

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m7d1-Emotional-vigil-held-for-missing-Washington-girl-Lindsey-Baum
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2009, 03:50:12 PM »

Considering Wayne Watne's connection to both Josh and Lindsey as well as the location of his residence in relationship to the Baum residence ... I believe that he should fall in the category of "person of interest".

Janet

++++++++

FBI: Stranger not likely behind girl's disappearance
Story Published: Jul 1, 2009 at 7:35 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM PDT

Experts with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children say if the girl was abducted, it most likely wasn't by a stranger who was hiding in the bushes.

"From what knowledge we have and the information that I have that it's someone that she possibly knows, somebody that is in the area," said Henry Schmidt with the organization.

The FBI now wants neighbors to think about anyone who may have been in the area Friday night. They also want to hear about anyone suddenly engaging in strange behavior, such as not showing up for work, selling their car for no reason or changing their appearance.

"We're certainly not looking for a witch hunt or anything of that sort, but the bottom line is we have a missing girl. And so anyone who is in this area is going to be someone we want to talk to," said Ron Twersky, FBI assistant special agent in charge.

http://www.komonews.com/news/49651607.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2009, 03:54:12 PM »

Story Updated: Jul 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM PDT

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2009, 03:54:39 PM »

oops, slips

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 12:33:44 PM »

This man needs to be looked at in the case of 3 different people to see if he had befriended and or associations with any or all of them..
If it is all of them.. Then he really needs to be looked at.

jmho
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2009, 05:43:35 AM »

North Cascade Consulting Wetlands And Critical Areas
2303 Montgomery Pl
Mount Vernon, WA  98274

Phone:    

Business Categories
Environmental consultant in Mount Vernon, WA
Business Consulting Services

North Cascade Consulting Wetlands And Critical Areas Business Information

North Cascade Consulting Wetlands And Critical Areas is a private company categorized under Environmental consultant and located in Mount Vernon, WA. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $10,000 and employs a staff of approximately 1.

Also Does Business As
Information not found (?)
HQ, Branch or Single Location
Single Location
Annual Sales (Estimated)
$10,000
Employees (Estimated)

SIC Code and Description
8748, Business Consulting Services, NEC

NAICS Code and Description
541690, Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services

Products, Services and Brands
Information not found (?)

State of Incorporation
Information not found

Years in Business

Company Contacts
Contact Name   Gender   
Wayne Watne, Owner

Cited:

http://www.manta.com/company/mmylw87
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2009, 02:53:52 PM »

Watne Name Meaning and History
Norwegian: habitational name from any of some twenty or so farmsteads in Agder and Vestlandet, so named from Old Norse vatn ‘water’, ‘lake’.

Dictionary of American Family Names, Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-508137-4

Most landed in North Dakota ..

Link provides locations of most Watne family members..

http://www.ancestry.com/facts/Watne-family-history.ashx

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »

There is a Wayne Watne on face book listed as from Olympia, WA.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 09:31:30 PM »

State review of logging site joined by those who OK'd it
By LEWIS KAMB
P-I INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER

State forestry officials are investigating claims made about a recent logging project conducted at a Boy Scout camp in Southwest Washington, after a consultant who reviewed it for the Seattle P-I concluded that it violated three state rules, including required protections to a waterway that provides habitat to protected salmon.

SEATTLEPI.COM
To read "Chain Saw Scouting," the P-I's special report, go to seattlepi.com/specials/
scoutslogging.
Now, a state geologist has drafted a report disagreeing with one of the violation claims made by the P-I's consultant, despite conducting his review alongside state foresters directly involved in the logging project's approval but who had not been authorized to investigate the matter.

"We had tried to set this up intentionally so that (the geologist) would not have any outside influence," said Lenny Young, the department's new supervisor. "That's not how it turned out."

The logging case at the Pacific Harbor Council's Camp Delezenne near Elma was prominently featured in the first of a multi-part investigative series by five Hearst Newspapers. The report found Scouting councils nationwide have been involved in high impact commercial logging and land sales to developers of sensitive timberlands.

Gilbert W. Arias / P-I
  Leslie Lingley, who described herself as "team leader" of the state forest practices' science team, and state Fish and Wildlife biologist Wayne Watne stop to talk Tuesday after inspecting the buffer zone around Delezenne Creek, on land owned by the Pacific Harbors Council of the Boy Scouts of America, near Elma.
While state geologist Charles Chesney was conducting his officially requested review, other DNR personnel joined him at Camp Delezenne to conduct an unauthorized "investigation."

Acting on a tip Tuesday, the P-I traveled to Camp Delezenne and found the team conducting fieldwork in response to issues raised in the news report.

"We are doing an investigation," said Leslie Lingley, who described herself as "team leader" of the state forest practices' science team conducting the review. "We're just starting. We're looking at what was raised in the newspaper. We've made no conclusions."

Lingley said her group had conducted office research the day prior, and she added the in-the-field investigation would include taking buffer width and slope measurements, gathering information on stream characteristics and reviewing such data with the project's logging plan, among other measures.

But on Wednesday, Young -- recently promoted to the department's chief of operations under new Public Lands Commissioner Peter Goldmark -- told the P-I he hadn't authorized that investigation.

"That shouldn't have happened," Young said.

Rather, Young said he personally had authorized only Chesney, the department's expert on determining "channel migration zones," to examine Delezenne Creek adjacent to the logging site. Chesney, who was also among those in Lingley's group at the camp Tuesday, was asked to determine if the creek met the characteristics for such a special type of waterway, Young said.

"My direction was simply for Leslie to accompany Charles out there," said Young. "I just asked her to accompany him because she knew the area better. I was not aware the others were going to come out there."

Young added Lingley may have overstated what she was doing when describing it as "an investigation."

Goldmark has not responded to the P-I's repeated requests for an interview this week, including calls to his office Wednesday. His spokesman said the new commissioner's schedule was simply booked solid.

Channel migration zones, or CMZs, are naturally meandering waterways in wide river valleys that require additional tree buffers to be preserved from logging under state forest practice rules.

Among his findings, the P-I's consultant, Chris Mendoza, concluded Delezenne Creek constituted such a CMZ -- "a classic case," he said. But the council's logging plan misidentified the stream, Mendoza said, which allowed the Scouts' logger to cut down more trees.

Late Wednesday, Young e-mailed a P-I reporter with Chesney's preliminary report, which disagreed with Mendoza's findings that the waterway constitutes a CMZ.

The report is just the first in what will be a series of steps "to understand how and why Charles and Chris reached different conclusions with respect to channel migration zone," Young said. The department next plans to take Chesney, Mendoza and a forest practices policy official to the site, Young said.

"I wouldn't refer to it as an official investigation," Young added. "But we're definitely looking into what was raised in the article."

Mendoza, a habitat conservation biologist who co-chairs a state forest practices science committee, and a private consultant who has worked for the timber industry, environmentalists, tribal, state and federal government agencies, stood behind his findings Wednesday.

"We're clearly in disagreement," Mendoza said of Chesney's report, adding that he has used the same criteria to define a different channel migration zone that was approved by the state.

Along with his findings about Delezenne Creek, Mendoza also found the Scouting council's logger did not properly define a potentially "steep unstable slope" that posed risks of discharging sediment into the waterway, and potentially onto Scouting camp sites; and that the Scouts' logging also failed to leave enough trees to meet the required size of buffer it purported that it had left next to the waterway.

"There are blatant rules violations here," Mendoza told the P-I of his findings. "These were some big, valuable trees. It looks like they wanted to take as many as possible, and broke the rules to do it."

Tim Garber, the council's new executive, did not return a phone call or e-mail Wednesday seeking comment for this story. Officials for the Pacific Harbors Council previously have said the logging met all state regulations and was thoughtfully planned to minimize impact on the camp property and the environment.

Council officials showed a P-I reporter and photographer part of the harvest site last year, but denied Mendoza's participation in that visit.

The clearcut primarily targeted an 80-year-old stand of Douglas firs, some of them more than three feet in circumference, records show. The harvest brought in $140,000, council officials said, $20,000 of which was used for a new roof on a camp building. Most of the remaining money also will be spent on property projects, they said.

The P-I previously provided Goldmark's spokesman, Aaron Toso, with a draft copy of Mendoza's findings, with the understanding the newspaper would later seek to get Goldmark's response.

On Tuesday, Toso said he provided hard copies of the report to Goldmark and to Young.

Young said Wednesday he didn't recall receiving the copy, and said he hadn't read it.

"I don't recall receiving that. I have not read Chris' report," Young said, adding he doesn't believe Lingley or other DNR personnel involved in the case had read Mendoza's findings either.

"We wanted Charles (Chesney) to go into that situation cold. We set it up intentionally that way so we would not have him influenced."

But when asked why then Lingley and her group, which included foresters who had approved the logging, had accompanied Chesney during his review, Young conceded his intentions fell short.

"That's not how it turned out," he said.

Along with Chesney, Lingley's group of DNR personnel included Jack Shambo, the forest practices manager for the district where the logging took place, and Andy Aschenbrenner, a state forest practices forester who approved the Scouting council's logging project, records show.

Aschenbrenner said Tuesday he met with a representative for Sierra Pacific Industries -- the timber company that the Pacific Harbors Council of Boy Scouts hired for the project -- before, during and after the logging. When asked, Aschenbrenner said he observed no problems with the Scouts' logging plan or the timber harvest done at the site at the time of his involvement.

Asked Wednesday if it was normal to have those involved in approving a timber harvest to later be involved in investigating the same harvest for potential violations, Young said it was not -- but added the matter hadn't risen to an official investigation.

"I could easily see where they (Aschenbrenner and Shambo) would have a strong interest, a professional pride in making sure their work was done well," Young said. "If they got wind of it, or Leslie had called them up to join her, I can see how that happened."

Young said he hasn't determined if he would seek to review any of Mendoza's other findings, but likely will ask Lingley to write a report.

Young added that if a formal investigation does occur, it will involve determining if the landowner violated forestry rules or whether DNR approved plan conditions it shouldn't have.

"The landowner has a responsibility to provide complete and accurate information," Young said. "We assume that all information is correct. Then, we do our due diligence."

Among the state officials at Camp Delezenne on Tuesday was state Fish and Wildlife biologist Wayne Watne, who also worked on the Scouting council's logging project.

Asked specifically if Delezenne Creek constitutes a "channel migration zone," as Mendoza concluded, Watne was hesitant to say. Watne agreed that just downstream of the camp, Delezenne Creek is a "classic CMZ."

But he added he wasn't familiar enough with the waterway's characteristics through the camp to say if that stretch also constituted a CMZ.

"What did they tell you about it?" Watne asked, referring to the state forestry officials investigating the site. "I don't know what their findings are going to be, so I'll wait to answer that."

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2009, 11:35:17 PM »

Fishing club helps kids tackle trout at Heart Lake
June 14, 2007 - 01:52 PM
by Joan Pringle

Hunter Wickman, 11, shows off his 35-ounce rainbow trout with forest and fish biologist Wayne Watne at the 15th annual Kids All-American Fishing Derby Saturday at Heart Lake. Wickman won for the largest fish caught in his age group and also for largest catch of the day. Alexis Calandra, 9, caught a rock but not any fish at the 15th annual Kids All-American Fishing Derby Saturday at Heart Lake in Anacortes. But she still had fun.

Alexis, who fished from the shore with her father, Anthony Calandra, was one of more than 100 children having a great time at the free event sponsored by the Anacortes Parks and Recreation Department and the Fidalgo Chapter of Puget Sound Anglers.

“This is such a great opportunity. The people are so nice to do this for us,” Anthony Calandra said.

Families came up who didn’t know a thing about fishing and the Anglers helped them out, said Nicole Johnson, city recreation coordinator.

The club also provided equipment for those without their own, including life jackets, bait, tackle and fishing rods. About eight Anglers also took children on the water.

“The club members all bring boats and shuffle the kids in and out as fast as they can so the kids catch their fish,” said DJ Stevenson, Angler president.

Derby coordinator Karl Frantz said the members enjoy doing it and enjoy seeing the children having fun. It’s something the whole family can do.

“If they’re fishing, they’re not in trouble,” said Glen Jones, an Angler taking boys and girls out on the lake. “My grandfather and my father taught me how to fish and it’s something you have to pass on.”

Because the lake has often been “fished out” by the time the derby comes around each year, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife now stocks the lake beforehand, Frantz said.

This year approximately 1,800 rainbow trout were brought down from a hatchery in Whatcom County. The fish were a bit warmer there than at the lake, but the children had no problem reeling them in.

“I never met a fish at any time that would pass on a free meal,” Stevenson said.

Hunter Wickman, 11, caught his first fish at the event. It also happened to be the biggest fish of the day, weighing in at 35 ounces.

Other winners of the day:

• Gavin Montelongo who caught the biggest fish at 29 ounces in the 4 and under age group. Amber Biller’s trout at 9 ounces was the smallest fish in the same group.

• Daniel Whorten caught the biggest trout at 26 ounces and Liam Flint caught the smallest at 11 ounces in the 5 to 7 age group.

• In the 8 to 11 age group, it was Hunter with the biggest and Stephanie Rustad with the smallest at 9 ounces.

• In the 12 to 16 age group, William Famn caught the biggest fish at 28 ounces and Anthony Sanders hooked the smallest at 10 ounces.

Amber and Stephanie also shared the award for smallest fish of the day.

http://www.goskagit.com/home/print/8447/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2009, 11:42:04 PM »

From Wayne Watne
By Wired Letters Department  December 1, 2006  |  11:09 am  |  Categories: Church of the Non-Believers, Issue 14.11, Religion
I would like to comment in the “Rants and Raves” column in regard to the aforementioned article published in your Wired magazine edition 14.11. I am a scientist, living on the west coast where the author states is “possibly the social group that is least likely among all Americans to be religious”, and I am a Christian. I am constantly amazed that “well educated” people in the sciences can overlook the simple facts of the discipline in which they themselves participate. The very foundation of the sciences are that, simply stated; 1) matter cannot be created, and 2) everything goes from order to disorder.

To look at these concepts scientifically we need to know what “science” is. Science is looking at the evidence we have around us using each of our senses (sight, sound, taste, touch, smell) to investigate the world around us. Using the simple basics of their own discipline, scientists should be able to discern that there is matter present and if there is matter present, and matter cannot be created by nature or man, then the matter we can clearly observe, came from outside of the influence of man and nature. Furthermore, we can also use science to prove that evolution is in fact impossible. Science says everything goes from order to disorder, evolution says everything goes from disorder to order. Look at the world around us and show me evidence of anything that goes from disorder to order. Your body, home, car, clothes…they all start out orderly and with time become disorderly.

I find it very interesting that this article actually fulfills a biblical prophecy written 2000 years ago. These “scientists” discussed in the article were predicted by the apostle Paul in II Timothy 3:3-4 where it states “for the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn away from the Truth and turn aside to myths”. These “educated” men want to teach what others want to hear… so they can do as they please without having any moral recourse. These men become successful because they are saying what others “itching ears” want to hear.

Thank you for publishing this article, it has been a great tool for me as I show my children and others the “stories” written thousands of years ago in the Bible being fulfilled in front of our very eyes. Keep up the good work. As Jesus once said, “I am coming quickly, like a thief in the night when no one is ready”.

Thanks again, will I see you on the other side of life?

Wayne WatneMount Vernon, WA

http://www.wired.com/letters/2006/12/from_wayne_watn/
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2009, 08:22:10 AM »

Thank you Northern
I saw that 2nd article before but never saw the 1st article with the image.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.