March 28, 2024, 09:05:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #45 7/10/09 - 7/13/09  (Read 420953 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: July 10, 2009, 06:28:50 PM »

Muffy Can I say something that has been bothering me about this A1 stuff and I was holding back because I was trying to be nice? TIA JSM

Go for it SJM
Okay, when I was a newish monkey I remember one time someone and I am almost positive it was A1, looked up someone (I believe Rob's) IT or IP or ISP address thing. I remember Klaas getting very angry about it.

I wanted to email Klaas earlier this week and see if I was wrong and it wasn't A1 I didn't want to post it on the SM's. Now that I have read what Mr/Ms Kermit has said about looking up info on him/her, I am almost without a doubt in my mind it was A1 that did that.

Does anyone remember this happening, it would have to have been in the fall/winter time. I may be wrong, but I think right after that happened Rob left SM.

I don't know how to look up old posts so I was just leaving this alone. TIA JSM

It was A1 keeping up with Rob.Littleone came on line that day and was upset about it.
IIRC Klaas asked A1 something about it.I can try to find it if you want.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #401 on: July 10, 2009, 06:29:15 PM »

Gizzie - I've been reading here for a long time and Monkeys dont make it a habit to automatically *question* new posters. I hope you dont think we are that way.  There are just some really bright people here and they will notice when things aren't adding up Smile  Then and only then would they ever start to question you - if ever.

Welcome BTW!!!!

No no, I don't think that. You're right, it's when things don't add up that puts up the flag. That was dumb for me to say that.

You're really starting to fit into your ears, too cute! 

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #402 on: July 10, 2009, 06:29:16 PM »

Shoot, I messed that one up:

(I was hoping I wasn't the only one who remember them)

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #403 on: July 10, 2009, 06:29:28 PM »

Muffy Can I say something that has been bothering me about this A1 stuff and I was holding back because I was trying to be nice? TIA JSM

Go for it SJM
Okay, when I was a newish monkey I remember one time someone and I am almost positive it was A1, looked up someone (I believe Rob's) IT or IP or ISP address thing. I remember Klaas getting very angry about it.

I wanted to email Klaas earlier this week and see if I was wrong and it wasn't A1 I didn't want to post it on the SM's. Now that I have read what Mr/Ms Kermit has said about looking up info on him/her, I am almost without a doubt in my mind it was A1 that did that.

Does anyone remember this happening, it would have to have been in the fall/winter time. I may be wrong, but I think right after that happened Rob left SM.

Yes. 
Oh thank you so much, I really thought I was losing my mind. I just thought at the time, that doesn't sound like a nice thing to do and why would someone do that. Thanks for answering me.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: July 10, 2009, 06:29:43 PM »

My mother always told me that I'd be lucky to count my true friends on one hand.  When young, I thought everyone was my friend and didn't think much about what she said.  Thankfully, her wisdom came back to me when I got a little older.  Something for everyone to think about.

an angelic monkey

Especially "Internet" friends.  We cannot state this enough that you NEVER know who is on the other end of that internet world.  Please, please be careful who you give out personal info to. 

1-800-BABE!
Is that too much information?

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #405 on: July 10, 2009, 06:30:15 PM »

FYI / I AM standing by in Lindsey's thread for the lockdown ...... 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: July 10, 2009, 06:30:56 PM »

I wasn't posting back then,but I sure was reading.   

I started reading here in June of last year, with Caylee, but didn't register til Jan of this year. This is my very first forum ever, and I so hope some don't think I'm a troll 

I never even used a computer til last year... an angelic monkey

WELCOME

I've been using computers since Prodigy was the big thing.

I did keypunch.  (as an infant....)

now that was funny!  Bet you know telex machines.  Hubbie still gets shivers when you mention Tandy DOS to him. He is wayyyyyyyy older than me and I am sticking to that story.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: July 10, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »

JSM~  Yes I remember what you are recalling. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #408 on: July 10, 2009, 06:31:40 PM »

Go for it SJM

JSM, I came to SM in August 2008 with the Caylee case.  I remember Rob and Carpe when they used to post in the Caylee forum...until the last couple of days, i rarely ventured out of that forum.  All this w/Dolce drug me to the Musings.  I do remember what you remember about A1 looking and saying Rob was online and about an IP number.  I know that people were mad about that.

I run 2 forums of my own, one a forum for autoimmune disease and a sport forum... only my admins can see the IP's... I'm not sure how it is on this forum format.

I miss seeing Rob and Carpe around...they were funny and good posters.

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: July 10, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »

Gizzie - I've been reading here for a long time and Monkeys dont make it a habit to automatically *question* new posters. I hope you dont think we are that way.  There are just some really bright people here and they will notice when things aren't adding up Smile  Then and only then would they ever start to question you - if ever.

Welcome BTW!!!!

No no, I don't think that. You're right, it's when things don't add up that puts up the flag. That was dumb for me to say that.

You're really starting to fit into your ears, too cute!  

He is almost a year old so I think he is just going to be stuck with them big suckers forever!!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: July 10, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »

FYI / I AM standing by in Lindsey's thread for the lockdown ...... 

Okey dokey smokey    I had been checking in there and it seemed on 97 for a while, slipped to 98... 

Thank you Nutt

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #411 on: July 10, 2009, 06:32:53 PM »

I guess I will have to defend myself one more time.  I did work in hardware 30 some years ago.  I dont understand what that would have to do with being able to change times or the way a text came through the phones system.  These things I know nothing about which was the point I was trying to make.  Some of you have been after me ever since the story about Dolce came out.  Yes she was my friend, but because I had no idea what the truth was about her, I could not justify destroying her the way some of you have.  You have hurt me deeply and can longer be a part of Scared Monkeys, something I so loved to belong to.  I did receive one more email from Dolce as many of you did, but did not post it because I did not know exactly where it came from or whether it was true.  In the email "she" explained she had a baby and lost it last November and kept the lie going.  That is all I know.  I have made a lot of posts here and you could continue to go through them and maybe find something else to call me on.  I have done nothing wrong, I have not lied to you.  I have cared very deeply about some of you and enjoyed being a monkey.  Good bye.

OMG....I knew she was working on something....and she mailed it to the true believer.   Monkey Devil!

You were right
 Monkey Devil!

30 some years ago would have been in the 70's and computer hardware was NOT something you worked on then--it was just coming into existence and it was those big, big data centers with the punch cards.  Just saying.   

YES! They were humongous suckers. Had to be backed up all the time too.

Yes, a big, huge box that took up the whole center of a 'computer room'.  The operator put the stacks of punched cards in and it ran & ran & ran.   

I even remember sending stuff on the teletype.    I was a busy child.     Monkey Devil!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #412 on: July 10, 2009, 06:33:22 PM »

Go for it SJM

Thank you. I just have to say that I never knew Always 1  - until she made me her focus.

Just so everyone knows, there is also another person coming here pulling up my profile, checking on me all the time. Today especially. They think I don't know. I have been watching them as they watch me! So let the games continue.

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #413 on: July 10, 2009, 06:33:23 PM »

OMG - I prayed for rain so the fireworks would stop scaring all my dogs.  Now it is raining and they are still setting them off.  Now , I have a dog on my lap trembling.   

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: July 10, 2009, 06:33:25 PM »

Go for it SJM

It was A1 keeping up with Rob.Littleone came on line that day and was upset about it.
IIRC Klaas asked A1 something about it.I can try to find it if you want.

Thanks Trimm, you don't need to find it, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: July 10, 2009, 06:33:55 PM »

Go for it SJM

JSM, I came to SM in August 2008 with the Caylee case.  I remember Rob and Carpe when they used to post in the Caylee forum...until the last couple of days, i rarely ventured out of that forum.  All this w/Dolce drug me to the Musings.  I do remember what you remember about A1 looking and saying Rob was online and about an IP number.  I know that people were mad about that.

I run 2 forums of my own, one a forum for autoimmune disease and a sport forum... only my admins can see the IP's... I'm not sure how it is on this forum format.

I miss seeing Rob and Carpe around...they were funny and good posters.

ONLY admin can see IPs here.  You can see you own.  But that's it.  I think A-l was yacking on about the sitemeter and etc. 

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #416 on: July 10, 2009, 06:34:52 PM »

now that was funny!  Bet you know telex machines.  Hubbie still gets shivers when you mention Tandy DOS to him. He is wayyyyyyyy older than me and I am sticking to that story.

I remember Tandy, didn't use it, but it was big and ugly! 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: July 10, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »

JSM~  Yes I remember what you are recalling. 
Thank you Muffy.  an angelic monkey

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: July 10, 2009, 06:35:16 PM »

I guess I will have to defend myself one more time.  I did work in hardware 30 some years ago.  I dont understand what that would have to do with being able to change times or the way a text came through the phones system.  These things I know nothing about which was the point I was trying to make.  Some of you have been after me ever since the story about Dolce came out.  Yes she was my friend, but because I had no idea what the truth was about her, I could not justify destroying her the way some of you have.  You have hurt me deeply and can longer be a part of Scared Monkeys, something I so loved to belong to.  I did receive one more email from Dolce as many of you did, but did not post it because I did not know exactly where it came from or whether it was true.  In the email "she" explained she had a baby and lost it last November and kept the lie going.  That is all I know.  I have made a lot of posts here and you could continue to go through them and maybe find something else to call me on.  I have done nothing wrong, I have not lied to you.  I have cared very deeply about some of you and enjoyed being a monkey.  Good bye.

OMG....I knew she was working on something....and she mailed it to the true believer.   Monkey Devil!

You were right
 Monkey Devil!

30 some years ago would have been in the 70's and computer hardware was NOT something you worked on then--it was just coming into existence and it was those big, big data centers with the punch cards.  Just saying.   

YES! They were humongous suckers. Had to be backed up all the time too.

Yes, a big, huge box that took up the whole center of a 'computer room'.  The operator put the stacks of punched cards in and it ran & ran & ran.   

I even remember sending stuff on the teletype.    I was a busy child.     Monkey Devil!

I remember them ONLY because we took an "elementary" class trip to see how they worked (Ha Ha Ha---and I am sticking to that story myself).
 an angelic monkey

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: July 10, 2009, 06:35:25 PM »

WELCOME

I've been using computers since Prodigy was the big thing.

THANK YOU! And I'm not even gonna ask, lol....what's prodigy?  

One of the first internet connections that let you shop online and use email.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.