March 28, 2024, 11:26:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #45 7/10/09 - 7/13/09  (Read 420977 times)
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1080 on: July 11, 2009, 11:42:50 AM »

Thanks, Searching. Since I had posted about her surgery, I wanted to post the lab results, but we'll wait and see. Thanks in advance for the well wishes, I sincerely appreciate them all and welcome the prayers. I'll let you all know when I know anything more. I don't want to hijack the thread about this, but thanks to all!  Love you all!!!

Good Morning CBB!

I am sorry that the surgery has to be done again.  I hope they can get everything this time.   Poor baby having to go through that again. i will send my prayers to you and to Kubear

You said something that raised a flag for me.  My "hyper" Piper has a malignant anal growth that is inoperable do to its location.  It is about the size of a ping pong ball now.  I was told he eventually would not be able to 'poop' and we would have to put him down at that point. When it was diagnosed in 4/2008, we were told it would be 6 months, and we are now at the 1 year plus mark. I have been having it checked regularly, and so far he is fine, and doesn't appear in any pain.  I noticed when I bathed him last week the appearance of another growth behind his ear, it just suddenly appeared in the last month, and it is 1/2 in long and about 1/3 of an inch across.  I am wondering if this is another malignancy.  You mentioned additional growths on body or in lungs.  He is breathing, acutally panting hard when he is not sleeping.  I am afraid the time is getting near, but I am almost afraid to take him back to the vet.  I am not sure what she will tell me.  I need to brace myself.  He is a Bichon and is almost 11 years old. He was dedicated to my husband, so that makes it doubly sad for me. 

This really was a question.  What did they say regarding additinal growths and the lungs?  Thanks

Thanks Sunny...I am sad

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1081 on: July 11, 2009, 11:52:15 AM »

It never gets any easier to say goodbye to a pet.  I have had (and do have) many animals and I always have a difficult time when it is time for them to go. 

You never can predict with cancer though.  My chihauhua had squamus cell cancer in the mouth and the vet told us to put her down because she didn't have long to live.  I couldn't do it.  She lived 3 more years until she died of congestive heart failure- the cancer was always there but she still lived a full, happy life anyway.  You never know.

traci
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1082 on: July 11, 2009, 11:52:20 AM »

I get these ads to find a single senior all the time.  I wonder why Always1 doesn't just use one of those services instead of trolling on missing child forums?  Judging from the pic of that old guy in his jammies, I'd say the senior dating services are what she would feel comfortable with.

BTW, it isn't Boo who lives in the same area as I do, but CBB.  Just forgot who it was. I'm old, OK?

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1083 on: July 11, 2009, 11:56:53 AM »

Thanks, Searching. Since I had posted about her surgery, I wanted to post the lab results, but we'll wait and see. Thanks in advance for the well wishes, I sincerely appreciate them all and welcome the prayers. I'll let you all know when I know anything more. I don't want to hijack the thread about this, but thanks to all!  Love you all!!!

Good Morning CBB!

I am sorry that the surgery has to be done again.  I hope they can get everything this time.   Poor baby having to go through that again. i will send my prayers to you and to Kubear

You said something that raised a flag for me.  My "hyper" Piper has a malignant anal growth that is inoperable do to its location.  It is about the size of a ping pong ball now.  I was told he eventually would not be able to 'poop' and we would have to put him down at that point. When it was diagnosed in 4/2008, we were told it would be 6 months, and we are now at the 1 year plus mark. I have been having it checked regularly, and so far he is fine, and doesn't appear in any pain.  I noticed when I bathed him last week the appearance of another growth behind his ear, it just suddenly appeared in the last month, and it is 1/2 in long and about 1/3 of an inch across.  I am wondering if this is another malignancy.  You mentioned additional growths on body or in lungs.  He is breathing, acutally panting hard when he is not sleeping.  I am afraid the time is getting near, but I am almost afraid to take him back to the vet.  I am not sure what she will tell me.  I need to brace myself.  He is a Bichon and is almost 11 years old. He was dedicated to my husband, so that makes it doubly sad for me. 

This really was a question.  What did they say regarding additinal growths and the lungs?  Thanks

Thanks Sunny...I am sad

I know and believe me my heart goes out to you and the CBB.....they give us such unconditional love and when they are sick or hurt, so do we.  That feeling of helplessness to help is overwhelming!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1084 on: July 11, 2009, 11:57:31 AM »

Must not be identical twins. One is "A" and one is "B." Or is it too early to tell?

FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1085 on: July 11, 2009, 12:18:15 PM »

I just received a message from Island Monkey.  She found out by reading Dolce's nursery thread last night what happend and she is floored.  Once she digests it all she will post.  She did want to say this.

The only way a newborn baby would be 12/13 inches long is if they were 17 weeks premature.  This is a picture of her grandson's feet (may he rest in peace):

Sweet lil feet. Sad   

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1086 on: July 11, 2009, 12:25:59 PM »

Sassy - have you seen Peanut around lately?

I looked at her profile one day and saw that she hadn't been on for awhile.   Then, one night she appeared for just a short period - and I haven't seen her since.         I was wondering about her.   I hope she's ok.

I really miss her!  She was a lot of fun.  I emailed her and she said she was just very busy with life but would be back soon. Soon has come and gone!   

There's a few monkeys that haven't been around much lately.....   I guess just busy with summer and all. 

I'm here and have been here in Musings since page 55 of the other thread (two threads back) in Musings.  I've just been terrified to post because I just normally read when I have the time.  I don't want anyone to think I'm a Troll.  I just never have anything to offer because I'm always playing catch up.

The reason I have to play catch up is because I co-own a Yahoo group called "Rosebuddsz" and tag for the group as well.  This allows our group owner Donna to create more IncrediMail sets. 

I'm feeling so nervous because until this horrible situation was brought to my attention, I had no clue about these two.  I even feel ashamed that I'm so gullible.  So much so that I didn't catch even one of the lies they told.  That says something to me.  It also confirms the fact that I have nothing to offer and so will continue to read.

That said, you ALL are truly the BEST of the BEST!!!

Hugs,
PJ (Paula) flower

Hi PJ an angelic monkey

I'm so glad you stopped by - I've missed you!  You have a lot to offer, you are one of the sweetest & caring monkey's I know.  You should not feel ashamed - Dolce needs to be ashamed - YOU did nothing wrong!!!
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1087 on: July 11, 2009, 12:43:57 PM »

Hi to all monkeys!!!!  It's been awhile..I am totally confused as to what is going on around here.Dolce has no babies????? IM lost a grandchild?(cries)..Sad I am so so sorry for your pain.. What is going on monkeys? Hugs to all..

TATER!  It is sooooooooooooooooo glld to see you!! 

Good to see you too Dearheart!!! Keeping things Sunny around here are ya? I'm catching up as quickly as I can but not so sure I want too,lol..Big Hugs to ya!

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1088 on: July 11, 2009, 12:47:37 PM »

CBB--I have such a soft spot in my heart for dogs.  I hope Kubear recovers well and all of the big C is gone.  Several years ago I took one of my dogs to UT vet school in Knoxville for cataract surgery.  I really liked the people there, but I'm sure you have confidence in your vet.  Good luck to Kubear in any case.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1089 on: July 11, 2009, 12:48:33 PM »

I just received a message from Island Monkey.  She found out by reading Dolce's nursery thread last night what happend and she is floored.  Once she digests it all she will post.  She did want to say this.

The only way a newborn baby would be 12/13 inches long is if they were 17 weeks premature.  This is a picture of her grandson's feet (may he rest in peace):

Sweet lil feet. Sad   

This picture breaks my heart.  I can't imagine what IM is going through.

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1090 on: July 11, 2009, 12:58:11 PM »

CBB

You and KuBear are in my prayers. I hope all turns out to be fine and that KuBear will soon be on her road to complete recovery.  ((((HUGS))))

ArizonaSunny A huge hug to you and your fluff, too. My heart breaks for you. I'll be keeping you and your little one in my prayers as well.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1091 on: July 11, 2009, 12:58:12 PM »

Good Morning CBB!

Hi AZ! I'm afraid I wasn't thinking very clearly. They asked me at the desk if they'd called me about the results and when I said, "No, but I had called just yesterday and was told the report wasn't back," they said he's talk to me about it because it was back. He came in and started talking about "Stage 2, blah, blah, blah" and I was still stuck on Stage 2. I asked him where the most common metastisis locations were and he said more skin growths and lungs, so I'll need to watch for the growths and coughing. I told him that sometimes Ku does cough, and suggested we do a chest X-ray. He agreed and said they'd do that Monday when they do the surgery. To be honest I was fighting tears and wanted out of there.

The only thing else he said was that he was really surprised at the results. He said that usually, malignancies were meatier than what this was. I'm thinking they weren't as careful to get it all because they felt it was OK. I'm not AT ALL happy with them about that, or that Kubear is going to have to endure this a second time because they didn't conclusively get it all. I'm going to insist they do the chest X-Ray BEFORE surgery on Monday. God Forbid there should be anything there, but if there is and there's no hope, I'm bringing her back home, and not putting her through it. I'm jumping the gun here, but I won't be passive about this.

Hope that helps, AZ! They're members of the family, and I know you love your furbaby just like I do! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1092 on: July 11, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »

CBB

You and KuBear are in my prayers. I hope all turns out to be fine and that KuBear will soon be on her road to complete recovery.  ((((HUGS))))

ArizonaSunny A huge hug to you and your fluff, too. My heart breaks for you. I'll be keeping you and your little one in my prayers as well.

Thanks, Art! You guys are great, and I appreciate the prayers.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1093 on: July 11, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »

That should have been AZSunny 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1094 on: July 11, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »

CBB--I have such a soft spot in my heart for dogs.  I hope Kubear recovers well and all of the big C is gone.  Several years ago I took one of my dogs to UT vet school in Knoxville for cataract surgery.  I really liked the people there, but I'm sure you have confidence in your vet.  Good luck to Kubear in any case.

Thanks BB! You live in my area? I'm in Kingsport, TN.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1095 on: July 11, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »

Yes, here with the "Birds" if you know what I mean.  South of you.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1096 on: July 11, 2009, 01:10:07 PM »

Good Morning CBB!

Hi AZ! I'm afraid I wasn't thinking very clearly. They asked me at the desk if they'd called me about the results and when I said, "No, but I had called just yesterday and was told the report wasn't back," they said he's talk to me about it because it was back. He came in and started talking about "Stage 2, blah, blah, blah" and I was still stuck on Stage 2. I asked him where the most common metastisis locations were and he said more skin growths and lungs, so I'll need to watch for the growths and coughing. I told him that sometimes Ku does cough, and suggested we do a chest X-ray. He agreed and said they'd do that Monday when they do the surgery. To be honest I was fighting tears and wanted out of there.

The only thing else he said was that he was really surprised at the results. He said that usually, malignancies were meatier than what this was. I'm thinking they weren't as careful to get it all because they felt it was OK. I'm not AT ALL happy with them about that, or that Kubear is going to have to endure this a second time because they didn't conclusively get it all. I'm going to insist they do the chest X-Ray BEFORE surgery on Monday. God Forbid there should be anything there, but if there is and there's no hope, I'm bringing her back home, and not putting her through it. I'm jumping the gun here, but I won't be passive about this.

Hope that helps, AZ! They're members of the family, and I know you love your furbaby just like I do! 

Thanks CBB, I can understand your reaction, and I would be very unhappy also that  Kubear is facing more surgery because of their error.  I think the X-Ray before surgery is a good idea. 
The growth was on his leg, correct?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1097 on: July 11, 2009, 01:10:43 PM »

We live in a beautiful part of the country, don't we BB?   
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1098 on: July 11, 2009, 01:13:16 PM »

We live in a beautiful part of the country, don't we BB?   

Have you seen Brad out fishing yet ??   Keep a camera handy!   

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1099 on: July 11, 2009, 01:14:52 PM »

AZ, the growth was on her upper inside left rear leg; where it joins her torso. Sort of between her leg and tummy, if that makes sense. Slightly smaller than a golf ball. I feel awful, because I don't know how long it had been there. I sleep with her every night, but I hadn't noticed anything unusual. She's a Shar Pei and her skin is really loose, and she's not a "cuddly, rub my belly" kind of dog.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.