March 28, 2024, 10:47:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #45 7/10/09 - 7/13/09  (Read 420969 times)
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1360 on: July 12, 2009, 12:07:37 AM »

If I had a hurting tooth, I don't think I could stand to put toothpaste on it...wouldn't that hurt? 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1361 on: July 12, 2009, 12:09:03 AM »

Blue Moon....here are two answers from people on yahoo....can't say if these are the solution or not.  Second one calls the product dentemp or dental glue.

At pharmacies, and some grocery or department stores, they sell a product to help temporarily re-cement a crown back in place until you can get to the dentist. Its usually sold where they have the dental supplies or the remedies for toothaches. Failing that, you can use a teensy bit of sugarless gum that you have chewed (gently) to remove the sweetness and make it sticky. Put a dab in the tip of the crown, put it in place, and bite down. None of it is perfect, but it can help make you more comfy until you can see the dentist for the permanent fix.

There is a solution. Go to walgreens or cvs and go to dental isle. Look for something called dentemp or it might have diff. brand name. Its a dental glue that holds in loose caps. Of course you will have to figure out how to fit it on first, which i recommend doing before you fill the cap with the dental solution.Hope this helps and btw its only about 5 bucks for a tube.
Source(s):
I had to live off the stuff for a year bc i didnt have the money to get my permanet crowns and the temporarys kept coming off.
1 day ago

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1362 on: July 12, 2009, 12:09:24 AM »

CBB & AZSunny - Prayers for your Furbabies.

BOO - YOU ROCK!!

SHELL... very, very creepy!!

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1363 on: July 12, 2009, 12:10:10 AM »

I have a question.  I woke up this morning and my temporary crown came off.  I left it off about 1/2 the day and then put it back on (it was hurting and so sensitive I couldn't stand it).  It has held since then.  Do you think I should take it back off before bedtime or do you think I should leave it alone?  The permanent goes on Monday afternoon.   

I would just hate to swallow that sucker.

To glue it back in, use toothpaste...and I would sleep in it. JUst my opinion from my own experience.

When I was going on vacation with a temporary crown in my mouth, the dentist told me to get some denture adhesive and use that if the crown fell off.  It did, and the adhesive worked.  You have to put it on daily however.    by the way...if the tooth is hurting and sensitive, you may want to mention that before they put the crown on, you may need a root canal.  (been there!)  No fun to go through it twice.   

I have been back to him twice in 3 weeks and he "assures" me it doesn't need a root canal.  I told him he better be sure because he is putting on a bridge with two crowns attached.  It is the tooth that is sensitive, doesn't feel like the nerve that is hurting but what do I know:

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1364 on: July 12, 2009, 12:10:39 AM »

If I had a hurting tooth, I don't think I could stand to put toothpaste on it...wouldn't that hurt? 

Mine were not hurting...the crowns fell off and I used the toothpaste to reset it. I dunno about a hurting one...that probably will need a root canal

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1365 on: July 12, 2009, 12:12:10 AM »

I'm just as curious JSM. I've never seen anything like this!  I know a lot of monkeys want to not discuss it anymore, but if we don't examine this and thoroughly investigate it, we are bound to repeat our mistakes.

I want to know the inside information, I want an explanation (which I KNOW is not coming), I wish I could look her in the face and ask the questions. Why did you feel the need to lie? Why did you think it was alright to post the pictures of those fake babies when IM just lost her grandson? Did it give you some kind of pleasure to take any attention away from her? Do you know what it is like to lose a family member? To hope against hope for the life of such a tiny baby. Do you even understand the pain is so deep you can't speak of it? Coming to Monkeys helps, to read some love and understanding, but you decided, nope that's enough attention for IM, I've had these pics ready to go for months and today's the day. You sat back and watched as all the monkeys congratulated you and ooo'd and ahhh'd over pictures that were not yours to share. IM even stepped out of her pain to offer her congrats. I want answers.

I don't care if we beat this thing into next year, I don't ever want to forget this, I want to be able to spot someone like Dolce a mile a way. I'm embarrassed that I fell for even one line of that crap. I'm appalled at myself for trusting her. I'm going to continue to investigate this till the cows come home. I've got her email addy, I've got her personal phone number too, i now have her home address, her husbands name, name of company and will continue to dig for more. I also have an ex husband down in Florida that IS a real sheriff, just not near Naples.

I'm not going to do anything with them, but I have them at the ready if MY phone number gets out there somewhere or if I start receiving emails from sites I didn't sign up for. I have no idea what she would do with such limited info, but I'm preparing for war if necessary. Under my name is a Scottish War Cry, Nemo Me Impune Lacessit, which means No One Attacks me with Impunity!  Dolce if you are reading as a guest, you screw with me, I get as vicious as they come. You won't know what hit you or which way to turn. Back away from this site and leave the monkeys you hurt alone or there will be hell to pay. 

I have all of Dolce's info now too and I know she has mine.  My father (a real retired Police Chief) has a winter place in Naples!  Come after me Dolce and I will make your life a living hell.  A place you will get to know very well someday. 

UNITED WE STAND!!!

TAWANDA!!!!     

Sunny nanners back

TAWANDA!!!!! I think we have gone past the shock and denial stage and have now entered the ANGRY stage!!!

I see we still have some creepy crawlers in our midst that slither in and out and I am in no mood for it. JMO

Oh Gosh...I sure hope this was not directed at me... I think I was in and out earlier... I am usually quiet and only post when I can add something worthwhile and sometimes I forget to log on and stay on as a guest.   I don't post all that much. I think I read and play the games way more than I post because I am not as talented with words and research as the rest of you monkeys are.  This is the first and only forum I belong to. I am here because of Caylee... I wish I would have known about SM or forums/blogs in general when Natalee was missing because I followed her story every minute I could but only on TV. 

I am a proud mom of two with a terrific husband.  I live in a suburb north of Los Angeles.  I work part time and am a Girl Scout Leader.   I am also a crime victim, which happened to me when I was just shy of 13 years old.  I realize that I am actually very lucky to be alive but even more so after reading what has happened to so many of the missing.  Yes, there are some happy endings, but we sadly know that most do not turn out that way.  My experience really changed my life and I have always wanted to find a way to help others and then I found SM.  I hope that I can be of some help to a missing person in any way I can, even if it's just ordering pizza and water for searchers.   I have also learned a lot from this place and I love it here, whether monkeys respond to my posts or not.  This is a special place... I really believe that from heart and I also know that it does start at the TOP, so Thanks, Klaas, CBB, Bearly, Blonde, 2NJsons, San and any others I did not mention... if I forgot you, I am so sorry.

You monkeys are a great bunch... I have often laughed and cried right along with you, even if I didn't post. 
Thanks for listening... now back to the vine I go for a few minutes and then off to watch a movie with the family.

God Bless all of you!! 
                   Califmom 

No worries Califmom. 
Bravo to you that you have been able to give back to victims after your own awful experience when you were so young.
Bless you too! an angelic monkey
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1366 on: July 12, 2009, 12:14:23 AM »

BOO - YOU ROCK!!

Yes, creepy...and it even worries me a bit I mentioned it. Those types tend to make the forum rounds, I think. This happened on a California local tv station board, it was the Daniel VanDam/David Westerfield case.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1367 on: July 12, 2009, 12:16:14 AM »

I have a question.  I woke up this morning and my temporary crown came off.  I left it off about 1/2 the day and then put it back on (it was hurting and so sensitive I couldn't stand it).  It has held since then.  Do you think I should take it back off before bedtime or do you think I should leave it alone?  The permanent goes on Monday afternoon.   

My Aunt's dentist actually told her to stick some gome in between to hold it - if it wasn't fitting tight enough.

WTF is gome?   Suppose to say GUM
Gee Jackie you are starting to type like me. I leave out words or plain a** spell them wrong ot backwards. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1368 on: July 12, 2009, 12:18:02 AM »

Thanks, CAN... I wish I could do more, but fear paralyzes me sometimes. I wish I could be a strong activist type of person, to really make change happen for crime victims. 

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1369 on: July 12, 2009, 12:20:09 AM »

My Aunt's dentist actually told her to stick some gome in between to hold it - if it wasn't fitting tight enough.

WTF is gome?   Suppose to say GUM
Gee Jackie you are starting to type like me. I leave out words or plain a** spell them wrong ot backwards. 

See what I mean

GOD BLESS AMERICA
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1370 on: July 12, 2009, 12:21:56 AM »

BOO - YOU ROCK!!

Yes, creepy...and it even worries me a bit I mentioned it. Those types tend to make the forum rounds, I think. This happened on a California local tv station board, it was the Daniel VanDam/David Westerfield case.

OMGosh... I so remember that case!!  Broke my heart... poor Danielle! 
I don't blame you for being worried about mentioning it.  Be careful!! 

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1371 on: July 12, 2009, 12:23:42 AM »

Well, gotta go... the movie is starting and the family is begging me to get off the computer!!

Sorry to post and run, but lately that seems to be what I am doing. 

Good Night & Sweet Dreams!!

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1372 on: July 12, 2009, 12:28:04 AM »

Thanks, CAN... I wish I could do more, but fear paralyzes me sometimes. I wish I could be a strong activist type of person, to really make change happen for crime victims. 
We do what we can - what our personalties and skill sets are suited for.
You are a fine example for your kids and in leading a girl guides group you set an example for your children of your willingness to give.  You may never know what encouragement you give to the group of girls and how it may have a positive influence on their lives.
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1373 on: July 12, 2009, 12:39:30 AM »

BOO - YOU ROCK!!

I learned alot from that case.  I really thought Westerfield was being railroaded at first.  I didn't realize someone could be as sick as he was.  It was a real eye opener.
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1374 on: July 12, 2009, 12:39:51 AM »

I'm just as curious JSM. I've never seen anything like this!  I know a lot of monkeys want to not discuss it anymore, but if we don't examine this and thoroughly investigate it, we are bound to repeat our mistakes.

I want to know the inside information, I want an explanation (which I KNOW is not coming), I wish I could look her in the face and ask the questions. Why did you feel the need to lie? Why did you think it was alright to post the pictures of those fake babies when IM just lost her grandson? Did it give you some kind of pleasure to take any attention away from her? Do you know what it is like to lose a family member? To hope against hope for the life of such a tiny baby. Do you even understand the pain is so deep you can't speak of it? Coming to Monkeys helps, to read some love and understanding, but you decided, nope that's enough attention for IM, I've had these pics ready to go for months and today's the day. You sat back and watched as all the monkeys congratulated you and ooo'd and ahhh'd over pictures that were not yours to share. IM even stepped out of her pain to offer her congrats. I want answers.

I don't care if we beat this thing into next year, I don't ever want to forget this, I want to be able to spot someone like Dolce a mile a way. I'm embarrassed that I fell for even one line of that crap. I'm appalled at myself for trusting her. I'm going to continue to investigate this till the cows come home. I've got her email addy, I've got her personal phone number too, i now have her home address, her husbands name, name of company and will continue to dig for more. I also have an ex husband down in Florida that IS a real sheriff, just not near Naples.

I'm not going to do anything with them, but I have them at the ready if MY phone number gets out there somewhere or if I start receiving emails from sites I didn't sign up for. I have no idea what she would do with such limited info, but I'm preparing for war if necessary. Under my name is a Scottish War Cry, Nemo Me Impune Lacessit, which means No One Attacks me with Impunity!  Dolce if you are reading as a guest, you screw with me, I get as vicious as they come. You won't know what hit you or which way to turn. Back away from this site and leave the monkeys you hurt alone or there will be hell to pay. 

I have all of Dolce's info now too and I know she has mine.  My father (a real retired Police Chief) has a winter place in Naples!  Come after me Dolce and I will make your life a living hell.  A place you will get to know very well someday. 

UNITED WE STAND!!!

TAWANDA!!!!     

Sunny nanners back

TAWANDA!!!!! I think we have gone past the shock and denial stage and have now entered the ANGRY stage!!!

I see we still have some creepy crawlers in our midst that slither in and out and I am in no mood for it. JMO

Please don't take this wrong or me being mean...I would Never be mean to you monkeys, I have to much respect for you all ...but,I hope this isn't aimed at me, because I am signed in for the first time since this all started and I have been going between JSM's blog and here. I know I am new, but I am a loyal reader here at SM and would never do anything to hurt anyone. I admire you all so much. I wished I could post more and I hope one day to be able to. It takes me forever to post anything (hands shake)
 When I first started reading about D and A1 the other night I was just sick and so angry also. I was and still so stunned. I didn't sign in but kept reading in total disbelief . I finally posted something at JSM's blog tonight and didn't get a response( I wasn't expecting one it is just all you sweet monkeys post to everyone) so I came back over here and seen this post and thought oh no . Please Great Monkeys remember it wasn't a new monkey that did this to everyone, it was 2 lowlife snakes.

Hi Flatreasure, Glad you are posting. I just wanted to say hi.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1375 on: July 12, 2009, 12:39:59 AM »

G'nite all. 
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1376 on: July 12, 2009, 12:40:58 AM »

G'nite all. 

Me too.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1377 on: July 12, 2009, 12:43:44 AM »

BOO - YOU ROCK!!

The thing is, there is really no reason a person like that would want to do me any harm. I think they just move along to their next victims.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1378 on: July 12, 2009, 12:46:13 AM »

Oh Gosh...I sure hope this was not directed at me... I think I was in and out earlier... I am usually quiet and only post when I can add something worthwhile and sometimes I forget to log on and stay on as a guest.   I don't post all that much. I think I read and play the games way more than I post because I am not as talented with words and research as the rest of you monkeys are.  This is the first and only forum I belong to. I am here because of Caylee... I wish I would have known about SM or forums/blogs in general when Natalee was missing because I followed her story every minute I could but only on TV. 

I am a proud mom of two with a terrific husband.  I live in a suburb north of Los Angeles.  I work part time and am a Girl Scout Leader.   I am also a crime victim, which happened to me when I was just shy of 13 years old.  I realize that I am actually very lucky to be alive but even more so after reading what has happened to so many of the missing.  Yes, there are some happy endings, but we sadly know that most do not turn out that way.  My experience really changed my life and I have always wanted to find a way to help others and then I found SM.  I hope that I can be of some help to a missing person in any way I can, even if it's just ordering pizza and water for searchers.   I have also learned a lot from this place and I love it here, whether monkeys respond to my posts or not.  This is a special place... I really believe that from heart and I also know that it does start at the TOP, so Thanks, Klaas, CBB, Bearly, Blonde, 2NJsons, San and any others I did not mention... if I forgot you, I am so sorry.

You monkeys are a great bunch... I have often laughed and cried right along with you, even if I didn't post. 
Thanks for listening... now back to the vine I go for a few minutes and then off to watch a movie with the family.

God Bless all of you!! 
                   Califmom 

NOt at all, NOOOOOO!!!!  I have insulted another person that I didn't mean to. Sorry.   an angelic monkey

I have posted with you and enjoyed your posts greatly. No it was an entirely different poster that I recognize from a different forum that likes to slip in from time to time and never has anything to say about the subject we are usually talking about and then qickly leaves.  She has a very, very low post count. She shows up to intimidate. She is someone that makes me very uncomfortable. She also takes post from here an put them on her forum, so I know she reads right along here.I do not trust her. There are some others that know who she is. I have seen the coversation come to a dead stop one night when she popped in and said hello. It was a real conversation stopper, I can tell you. This description doesn't match any of the posters that are here right now, and I am sorry for the confusions.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

I miss you my Precious Butchie

« Reply #1379 on: July 12, 2009, 12:46:38 AM »

Hi Searching, It is nice to see you also
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.