March 28, 2024, 10:35:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #45 7/10/09 - 7/13/09  (Read 421077 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1420 on: July 12, 2009, 04:09:31 AM »

I am going to make a post that may not be very popular - but I am not going to win any popularity contests anyway so............

I went over to Internet Forums Wars and was really shocked. "Someone" was even trying to auction my name and phone number. LOL  Many of you do not know some of the history that went on late last year.  I am not trying to lecture you, I would never do that, I am going to try to explain what happened and you can make your own choice from there, of course.

There were some bad monkeys that got banned.  So they started their own forum, known as CnG aka C&G aka Chat and Grumble or Idiots. LOL  Unbeknownst to some of us, it was really a SM hate site.  During that time, we were lied to and used and being new to SM and the internet, some of us (me) believed the lies we were being told.  They also provided a chat that we thought was so fun. 

It was an invite only private forum and some (me) made some very stupid posts.  It took minutes, probably seconds, before Klaas knew what was posted and who all belonged there.  If I were her, I would have banned me immediately.  When we all started to realize what was going on and started to ask questions, several us got banned.  (Thank God).  The admin of that board was "kind" enough to send Klaas my posts along with my IP address.  She did so under a "different" email address.   Klaas still did not ban me. 

I owned up to what I did here in musings,  I apologized and took what I deserved.    I also decided to expose what was going on at CnG.  In doing so, I made some real enemies and could have cared less.  I have even received a disgusting message on my home voice mail.

I have since learned many things that I would like to share.  Klaas is without a doubt the best admin on the internet.  Klaas works very hard for free.  SM and MP's are her passion.  I also learned she knows everything, everywhere.  She is forgiving and has a heart of gold.  The mods she choose are the best too.    She knows how to run a forum with many different personalities, opinions with various wants and needs of the posters.

I do not always like everyone nor does everyone always like me.   Some of my closest monkey friends now are people that did not like me at all when I first joined and some I did not like either.

I  understand the need to "vent" - I really do!!  But when you do so, about another poster or mod, at another forum it underminds the integrity of SM, IMO.  There are many out there that would like to SM fail and/or see us all fight.  There are some that are laughing that we were duped by Dolce.  They find pleasure in anything that they can twist and turn and make SM look bad.   To do so is very unfair to Klaas and the mods who put their time and efforts here - for US!!

If you have a problem with a poster, let Klaas know or hit report to moderator.  Klaas or the mods will address your concerns.  (Your welcome, Klaas LOL) 

Lastly, words CAN hurt.  Imagine if it was YOU that others were talking about for all to read. Trust me, your own words will come back to haunt you.  Writng styles are very unique to individuals and NOTHING get by Klaas. 

So speaking from my own experience, I ask you to please think about what you post before you do it.  If you wouldn't put your name on it, then don't post it for all to see.   Some of the people you may not like now could become your friend later or at the very least, someone you admire and respect.  You just never know.  To live with the guilt and embarrassment of stupid choices is not much fun.   

Please don't help the SM haters!  They are very nasty, despicable people!

OK - the end!!   

MyTime
Very good post and it shows it that came from your heart. I am very happy and proud to be one of your Monkey friends. Thank You for sharing with us what went on before, for those that didn't know.
You are so right about Klaas and the Mods they are the very best & dedicated to SM and what we are all here for the MP.
Thank you again for your thoughtful post.
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1421 on: July 12, 2009, 04:23:33 AM »

Hey Bearly and MyTime
Guess what I finished my MIL quilt. 
Bearly dinner sounded good. But if you don't eat steak and your neighbor does. Does that mean you took the steak home to your neighbor?  You are so sweet to think of them.

I am off to bed. Good Night and Sweet Dreams to you both and anyone else I might have missed.
Have a wonderful Sunday. God Bless

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1422 on: July 12, 2009, 07:58:44 AM »

Klaas,

Someone asked you today if this would be in the Top Ten more or less shocking things you have seen on forums.  I was thinking what the Top Ten for me would be.  Not sure all the way to Ten but for sure this would be up there with Dead Fred.  Maybe Third would go to SandraK calling in to Dana pretending to be someone in India.   Scandi with her Barf Doll term of endearment should have a ranking as well.  We have seen some pretty good meltdowns as well. 

It's a wild ride sometimes.  But this one just seems senseless.

1.  Fred (BFN)
2.  Dolce
3.  SandraK calling Dana
4.  Scandi Nor
5.  La Bella Durmiente aka Kristen (for her one night fiasco)

I can't think of more right now but I know there are 

6) O_ s_r_e_'s melt down
7) ldstlou's melt down over a few days
Cool weirdo pedophile guy (michael??)
9) hotshot's various meltdowns
10) Destiny channeling Natalee

Hello monkeys....I'd agree with this list, and add a couple more

11.   Bondia
12.   The guy&girl that kept flirting on the NH thread that ended up being the same poster

Hi Sleuth,  who was #12...I don't remember that!   

You left  out crazy drunk girl who  was always Stalking Men when she fell off the wagon.
Who posted pictures of who she thought were Natalee that didn't even look like her.

Crazy old man who was going to blow up our computers.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1423 on: July 12, 2009, 08:25:32 AM »

I received a response from my senator about the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act (commonly referred to as the Adam Walsh Act).  Here it is:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about protecting our children. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

Protecting and nurturing children and their families is one of my top priorities as a U.S. Senator. I have been a strong advocate for the safety of our children since my days in state government when, as Auditor General, I successfully urged Pennsylvania to adopt a stronger version of Megan's Law, requiring the registration of sex offenders.

In the 110th Congress I was proud to be a cosponsor of the Combating Child Exploitation Act, a bill to provide additional funding for law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute individuals exploiting children online. Law enforcement experts have the ability to find and track these individuals but not the resources required to prosecute them; this legislation closes that crucial gap. This important legislation passed the Senate as the Providing Resources, Officers, and Technology to Eradicate Cyber Threats to Our Children Act of 2008, shortened to the PROTECT Our Children Act of 2008, and the bill became law on October 13, 2008.

Additionally, I signed a letter to the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, and Science circulated by Senators Blanche Lincoln and Mike Crapo requesting $30 million in fiscal year 2009 for Children's Advocacy Center programs authorized under the Victims of Child Abuse Act of 1990. Children's Advocacy Centers are a proven and community-based approach to serving victims of child sexual abuse, streamlining and coordinating these services so that children are not re-traumatized by the legal system. I have also consistently supported full funding for the Victims of Crime Act and the Violence Against Women Act, both of which provide funding for multiple services and treatment for child victims of crime.

Following on my state work, I have repeatedly urged funding at the national level for the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act (commonly referred to as the Adam Walsh Act), which creates additional federal requirements for the registration of sex offenders. The Adam Walsh Act became law in 2006, and is due to be reauthorized this year. Legislation has been introduced in the House to reauthorize the Adam Walsh Act, but this legislation has not reached the Senate yet.

The law also included a deadline of July 1, 2009 for jurisdictions to comply with provisions in a portion of the bill known as the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act. After multiple states, territories and tribes indicated that they would not be able to achieve compliance, on May 26 Attorney General Eric Holder exercised the authority granted to him by the Adam Walsh Act and extended the deadline for one year. Please be assured that I will continue to carefully monitor the reauthorization and appropriations process for the Adam Walsh Act, to ensure that law enforcement officials have the authority and funding they need to help protect our children.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1424 on: July 12, 2009, 08:27:04 AM »

Tevye, floridatreasure9 (+ 1 Hidden) and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Pssst...Why are you hiding?  Are you another monkey in the protection program?

Trimm, ya got the cart?

Good Morning, Monkeys!!!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:28:46 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1425 on: July 12, 2009, 08:54:43 AM »

Trimm, ya got the cart?

Good Morning, Monkeys!!!

Here ya go Bearly. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1426 on: July 12, 2009, 08:56:26 AM »

Sleep Well, KTF. God Bless! My furbaby is in her usual spot while I'm on the computer and she keeps my place in bed warm until I finally join her. Then she moves over enough to let me in............. reluctantly! Just snapped a picture, and in a few minutes, I'll be in it!   

Night All! God Bless!

CBB,what a sweet pup.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1427 on: July 12, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »

Trimm, ya got the cart?

Good Morning, Monkeys!!!

Bearly and all, there's TONS of coffee over in JSM's thread (well, they left the door open and no one was awake...so I did a little Goldilocks-in-reverse for them!)
morning all!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1428 on: July 12, 2009, 09:27:30 AM »

I have a feeling we'll soon know who the "hidden" is...SuperKlaas is up and at 'em!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1429 on: July 12, 2009, 09:48:39 AM »

I have a feeling we'll soon know who the "hidden" is...SuperKlaas is up and at 'em!

Let's just say the hidden person is a helper 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1430 on: July 12, 2009, 09:54:11 AM »

I am going to make a post that may not be very popular - but I am not going to win any popularity contests anyway so............

I went over to Internet Forums Wars and was really shocked. "Someone" was even trying to auction my name and phone number. LOL  Many of you do not know some of the history that went on late last year.  I am not trying to lecture you, I would never do that, I am going to try to explain what happened and you can make your own choice from there, of course.

There were some bad monkeys that got banned.  So they started their own forum, known as CnG aka C&G aka Chat and Grumble or Idiots. LOL  Unbeknownst to some of us, it was really a SM hate site.  During that time, we were lied to and used and being new to SM and the internet, some of us (me) believed the lies we were being told.  They also provided a chat that we thought was so fun. 

It was an invite only private forum and some (me) made some very stupid posts.  It took minutes, probably seconds, before Klaas knew what was posted and who all belonged there.  If I were her, I would have banned me immediately.  When we all started to realize what was going on and started to ask questions, several us got banned.  (Thank God).  The admin of that board was "kind" enough to send Klaas my posts along with my IP address.  She did so under a "different" email address.   Klaas still did not ban me. 

I owned up to what I did here in musings,  I apologized and took what I deserved.    I also decided to expose what was going on at CnG.  In doing so, I made some real enemies and could have cared less.  I have even received a disgusting message on my home voice mail.

I have since learned many things that I would like to share.  Klaas is without a doubt the best admin on the internet.  Klaas works very hard for free.  SM and MP's are her passion.  I also learned she knows everything, everywhere.  She is forgiving and has a heart of gold.  The mods she choose are the best too.    She knows how to run a forum with many different personalities, opinions with various wants and needs of the posters.

I do not always like everyone nor does everyone always like me.   Some of my closest monkey friends now are people that did not like me at all when I first joined and some I did not like either.

I  understand the need to "vent" - I really do!!  But when you do so, about another poster or mod, at another forum it underminds the integrity of SM, IMO.  There are many out there that would like to SM fail and/or see us all fight.  There are some that are laughing that we were duped by Dolce.  They find pleasure in anything that they can twist and turn and make SM look bad.   To do so is very unfair to Klaas and the mods who put their time and efforts here - for US!!

If you have a problem with a poster, let Klaas know or hit report to moderator.  Klaas or the mods will address your concerns.  (Your welcome, Klaas LOL) 

Lastly, words CAN hurt.  Imagine if it was YOU that others were talking about for all to read. Trust me, your own words will come back to haunt you.  Writng styles are very unique to individuals and NOTHING get by Klaas. 

So speaking from my own experience, I ask you to please think about what you post before you do it.  If you wouldn't put your name on it, then don't post it for all to see.   Some of the people you may not like now could become your friend later or at the very least, someone you admire and respect.  You just never know.  To live with the guilt and embarrassment of stupid choices is not much fun.   

OK - the end!!   

Klaas is the best and no one even comes close to her.

INTEGRITY = KLAAS

1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
2. the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire. 
3. a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition: the integrity of a ship's hull. 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1431 on: July 12, 2009, 09:56:26 AM »

OK - the end!!   

Thank you MT for the explanation of what went on back then. I was very confused on this. I'm glad you didn't get banned. You make me laugh sometimes so hard my chest hurts. JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1432 on: July 12, 2009, 09:57:38 AM »

Let's just say the hidden person is a helper 

Thanks Klaas.That's been driving me crazy.   

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1433 on: July 12, 2009, 10:07:44 AM »

MYTIME - I try not to even read over at that Forum War site, most of it is so childish.  If they post real life information about you then report them, that's about all you can do. 

Personally, my real life if pretty darn boring.  Here's an example:

1.  Wake up around 6am
2.  Fix coffee
3.  Run ccleaner on computer
4.  Check front page and forum of SM
5.  Pour coffee for me and my husband, take husbands coffee to the coffee table in front of the couch
6.  Have a danish or instant oatmeal for breakfast while reading/catching up in the forum (working on that now)
7.  Get dressed and take one of the dogs for a walk, then take the other dog on the same walk
8.  Check forum again
9.  Go to Aunts house to deliver the watches my husband just replaced the batteries in
10. Spend more time than you expect there and realize there is no dog food in the house
11. Have husband stop by any store to pick up some dog food on the way home (but I still need to go back for groceries)
12. Come home, feed dogs and have a salad for lunch myself
13. Go back to a different grocery store to pick up necessities for dinner. (husband said he'd BBQ steak!  Yum)
13. Came home only to realize I forgot the sugar my husband likes to use in his coffee( dang, now I have to go back)
14. Go back down to the store simply to get sugar.
15. Catch back up in forum
16. Husband tells me we are out of charcoal for the BBQ (crap, have to go BACK to the store)
17. Go back to the store for charcoal (yes, they know me by name at the store and YES I use the self check)
18. Put a load of wash in.  Some of this stuff needs to be ironed but I'll save that for later, lol.
19. Thow a couple potatoes in the oven
20. Back in the forum and checking the front page
21. Have dinner - BBQ t-bone steak and baked potato, yummy
22. Play around with a new software program
23. Search for news on ANY of the MP cases and post
24. Answer forum related emails in 3 different email account
25. More of the same

There!  Now they can make fun of it all they want, copy paste it, accuse me of whatever they want.  I am true to myself and that's all that matters.   
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1434 on: July 12, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »

MYTIME - I try not to even read over at that Forum War site, most of it is so childish.  If they post real life information about you then report them, that's about all you can do. 

Personally, my real life if pretty darn boring.  Here's an example:

1.  Wake up around 6am
2.  Fix coffee
3.  Run ccleaner on computer
4.  Check front page and forum of SM
5.  Pour coffee for me and my husband, take husbands coffee to the coffee table in front of the couch
6.  Have a danish or instant oatmeal for breakfast while reading/catching up in the forum (working on that now)
7.  Get dressed and take one of the dogs for a walk, then take the other dog on the same walk
8.  Check forum again
9.  Go to Aunts house to deliver the watches my husband just replaced the batteries in
10. Spend more time than you expect there and realize there is no dog food in the house
11. Have husband stop by any store to pick up some dog food on the way home (but I still need to go back for groceries)
12. Come home, feed dogs and have a salad for lunch myself
13. Go back to a different grocery store to pick up necessities for dinner. (husband said he'd BBQ steak!  Yum)
13. Came home only to realize I forgot the sugar my husband likes to use in his coffee( dang, now I have to go back)
14. Go back down to the store simply to get sugar.
15. Catch back up in forum
16. Husband tells me we are out of charcoal for the BBQ (crap, have to go BACK to the store)
17. Go back to the store for charcoal (yes, they know me by name at the store and YES I use the self check)
18. Put a load of wash in.  Some of this stuff needs to be ironed but I'll save that for later, lol.
19. Thow a couple potatoes in the oven
20. Back in the forum and checking the front page
21. Have dinner - BBQ t-bone steak and baked potato, yummy
22. Play around with a new software program
23. Search for news on ANY of the MP cases and post
24. Answer forum related emails in 3 different email account
25. More of the same

There!  Now they can make fun of it all they want, copy paste it, accuse me of whatever they want.  I am true to myself and that's all that matters.   
Wow Klaas you are one busy monkey. I was about to ask you when you slept, then you posted this. Just wanted to tell you thank you for all you do here.  JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1435 on: July 12, 2009, 10:14:34 AM »

Thanks JSM - I actually sleep more than some of our members (the late night crew come to mind, lol  )  I get at least 6 hours sleep a night, often 7 never 8.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1436 on: July 12, 2009, 10:17:51 AM »

# 19 is my fav!! HAhahaaaaa...I can picture this 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1437 on: July 12, 2009, 10:17:59 AM »

Thanks JSM - I actually sleep more than some of our members (the late night crew come to mind, lol  )  I get at least 6 hours sleep a night, often 7 never 8.

You get more sleep than me each night.  But when I take a nap I'm the champ (2-3 hours on the weekend).
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1438 on: July 12, 2009, 10:18:53 AM »

That's good to know. I asked a question on my thread, but I will ask it here. How come SM's doesn't have a paypal thingy for donations? Most other blogs I look at have them. I know you do it for free, but the server costs must be astronomical. TIA JSM

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1439 on: July 12, 2009, 10:20:43 AM »

# 19 is my fav!! HAhahaaaaa...I can picture this 

Notice I didn't add spell check on the list 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.