March 28, 2024, 09:09:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #45 7/10/09 - 7/13/09  (Read 420955 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1440 on: July 12, 2009, 10:22:31 AM »

Thanks JSM - I actually sleep more than some of our members (the late night crew come to mind, lol  )  I get at least 6 hours sleep a night, often 7 never 8.
That's good to know. I asked a question on my thread, but I will ask it here. How come SM's doesn't have a paypal thingy for donations? Most other blogs I look at have them. I know you do it for free, but the server costs must be astronomical. TIA JSM

That is a RED question, I'm just a helper around here.  I think the ADs we have here are to cover the costs of the server.  Don't forget the forum is a small part of SM.  We have the SM front page, the radio site, the MP blog and Blinkoncrime. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's why we have the ads.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1441 on: July 12, 2009, 10:24:30 AM »

Thanks JSM - I actually sleep more than some of our members (the late night crew come to mind, lol  )  I get at least 6 hours sleep a night, often 7 never 8.
That's good to know. I asked a question on my thread, but I will ask it here. How come SM's doesn't have a paypal thingy for donations? Most other blogs I look at have them. I know you do it for free, but the server costs must be astronomical. TIA JSM

That is a RED question, I'm just a helper around here.  I think the ADs we have here are to cover the costs of the server.  Don't forget the forum is a small part of SM.  We have the SM front page, the radio site, the MP blog and Blinkoncrime. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's why we have the ads.
Thanks, so all the Wii's I have won are helping with the costs. That makes sense to me.

I read the front page all the time. I love it. Thanks for answering my question.

JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1442 on: July 12, 2009, 10:26:20 AM »

[/quote]
I agree, I would sure be willing to donate a bit to help.  I appreciate the care and concern that is shown for this forum
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1443 on: July 12, 2009, 10:33:55 AM »

My real life is boring. IMO.
I wake up.
Somedays, I am surprised that I do.
I go to work 5 x a week. A boring logic puzzle type of work mostly.Except for when I do drama. (  I am the class clown at work ) I dance to tunes, make smart ass remarks all day, fake phone calls to clients to " get" my co workers laughing.
Then I come home and see what trouble I can get into around here.
Life is short. I've been trying to find the little bit of sunshine in each day and if I can't find it, I make it for myself and those around me.
I just went to the forum wars place and that person should get away from the keyboard, go outside and have some interactions with real folks. What they are doing isn't fun, no one cares and their blog is 10x more boring than cleaning toilets. And it stinks more too.   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1444 on: July 12, 2009, 10:34:17 AM »

Thanks, so all the Wii's I have won are helping with the costs. That makes sense to me.

I read the front page all the time. I love it. Thanks for answering my question.

JSM

I'm putting all my Wii's on ebay 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1445 on: July 12, 2009, 10:35:44 AM »

My real life is boring. IMO.
I wake up.
Somedays, I am surprised that I do.
I go to work 5 x a week. A boring logic puzzle type of work mostly.Except for when I do drama. (  I am the class clown at work ) I dance to tunes, make smart ass remarks all day, fake phone calls to clients to " get" my co workers laughing.
Then I come home and see what trouble I can get into around here.
Life is short. I've been trying to find the little bit of sunshine in each day and if I can't find it, I make it for myself and those around me.
I just went to the forum wars place and that person should get away from the keyboard, go outside and have some interactions with real folks. What they are doing isn't fun, no one cares and their blog is 10x more boring than cleaning toilets. And it stinks more too.   

LOL  Monkey Devil! 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1446 on: July 12, 2009, 10:36:38 AM »

JSM

I'm putting all my Wii's on ebay 
I think I will to, as many as I have won I could be in Hawaii right now.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1447 on: July 12, 2009, 10:37:28 AM »

One thing I wanted to question is they posted the worth of SM, Carnut's site and some other sites. How is that determined ? I know I saw a site that gave the stats for SM, the traffic , etc, is that how they determine the value ? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1448 on: July 12, 2009, 10:46:18 AM »

One thing I wanted to question is they posted the worth of SM, Carnut's site and some other sites. How is that determined ? I know I saw a site that gave the stats for SM, the traffic , etc, is that how they determine the value ? 

Kat_Gram - yeah there is some website that based upon traffic to a website will give you the potential value of the site.  Mostly BS except you will see the higher value will equal more traffic. 

There are different sites that will probably give you different numbers.  Here are a couple.  You just put in the website name:

http://websitevalued.com/

http://www.websiteoutlook.com/

Edited to add:  I don't mean to say the traffic site links above are all BS, just saying that I cannot vouch for their accuracy.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1449 on: July 12, 2009, 10:59:08 AM »

MYTIME - I try not to even read over at that Forum War site, most of it is so childish.  If they post real life information about you then report them, that's about all you can do. 

Personally, my real life if pretty darn boring.  Here's an example:

1.  Wake up around 6am
2.  Fix coffee
3.  Run ccleaner on computer
4.  Check front page and forum of SM
5.  Pour coffee for me and my husband, take husbands coffee to the coffee table in front of the couch
6.  Have a danish or instant oatmeal for breakfast while reading/catching up in the forum (working on that now)
7.  Get dressed and take one of the dogs for a walk, then take the other dog on the same walk
8.  Check forum again
9.  Go to Aunts house to deliver the watches my husband just replaced the batteries in
10. Spend more time than you expect there and realize there is no dog food in the house
11. Have husband stop by any store to pick up some dog food on the way home (but I still need to go back for groceries)
12. Come home, feed dogs and have a salad for lunch myself
13. Go back to a different grocery store to pick up necessities for dinner. (husband said he'd BBQ steak!  Yum)
13. Came home only to realize I forgot the sugar my husband likes to use in his coffee( dang, now I have to go back)
14. Go back down to the store simply to get sugar.
15. Catch back up in forum
16. Husband tells me we are out of charcoal for the BBQ (crap, have to go BACK to the store)
17. Go back to the store for charcoal (yes, they know me by name at the store and YES I use the self check)
18. Put a load of wash in.  Some of this stuff needs to be ironed but I'll save that for later, lol.
19. Thow a couple potatoes in the oven
20. Back in the forum and checking the front page
21. Have dinner - BBQ t-bone steak and baked potato, yummy
22. Play around with a new software program
23. Search for news on ANY of the MP cases and post
24. Answer forum related emails in 3 different email account
25. More of the same

There!  Now they can make fun of it all they want, copy paste it, accuse me of whatever they want.  I am true to myself and that's all that matters.   

But, But........... you left out straightening my halo!!!!   

San, your post about Klaas is exactly right. I'm going to say this, and those who have ever seen my posts in the political thread know it's true: I have pretty strong convictions about our country and what it's policies should be. Klaas and I aren't usually on the same page on those issues, but I'm telling you, if she were running for office, I'd vote for her. Her fairness, ethics and judgement transcend the differences.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1450 on: July 12, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

Klaas, with all that's happened lately, I have a question.  If a poster is being snide or rude, what's the proper procedure? 
Sometimes it's subtle, but it is hurtful nonetheless.  Is that a "big girl panties"  thing and should we just scroll on by or should we hit the "report to mod" button. 

Thanks
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1451 on: July 12, 2009, 11:14:25 AM »

I am going to make a post that may not be very popular - but I am not going to win any popularity contests anyway so............

I went over to Internet Forums Wars and was really shocked. "Someone" was even trying to auction my name and phone number. LOL  Many of you do not know some of the history that went on late last year.  I am not trying to lecture you, I would never do that, I am going to try to explain what happened and you can make your own choice from there, of course.

There were some bad monkeys that got banned.  So they started their own forum, known as CnG aka C&G aka Chat and Grumble or Idiots. LOL  Unbeknownst to some of us, it was really a SM hate site.  During that time, we were lied to and used and being new to SM and the internet, some of us (me) believed the lies we were being told.  They also provided a chat that we thought was so fun. 

It was an invite only private forum and some (me) made some very stupid posts.  It took minutes, probably seconds, before Klaas knew what was posted and who all belonged there.  If I were her, I would have banned me immediately.  When we all started to realize what was going on and started to ask questions, several us got banned.  (Thank God).  The admin of that board was "kind" enough to send Klaas my posts along with my IP address.  She did so under a "different" email address.   Klaas still did not ban me. 

I owned up to what I did here in musings,  I apologized and took what I deserved.    I also decided to expose what was going on at CnG.  In doing so, I made some real enemies and could have cared less.  I have even received a disgusting message on my home voice mail.

I have since learned many things that I would like to share.  Klaas is without a doubt the best admin on the internet.  Klaas works very hard for free.  SM and MP's are her passion.  I also learned she knows everything, everywhere.  She is forgiving and has a heart of gold.  The mods she choose are the best too.    She knows how to run a forum with many different personalities, opinions with various wants and needs of the posters.

I do not always like everyone nor does everyone always like me.   Some of my closest monkey friends now are people that did not like me at all when I first joined and some I did not like either.

I  understand the need to "vent" - I really do!!  But when you do so, about another poster or mod, at another forum it underminds the integrity of SM, IMO.  There are many out there that would like to SM fail and/or see us all fight.  There are some that are laughing that we were duped by Dolce.  They find pleasure in anything that they can twist and turn and make SM look bad.   To do so is very unfair to Klaas and the mods who put their time and efforts here - for US!!

If you have a problem with a poster, let Klaas know or hit report to moderator.  Klaas or the mods will address your concerns.  (Your welcome, Klaas LOL) 

Lastly, words CAN hurt.  Imagine if it was YOU that others were talking about for all to read. Trust me, your own words will come back to haunt you.  Writng styles are very unique to individuals and NOTHING get by Klaas. 

So speaking from my own experience, I ask you to please think about what you post before you do it.  If you wouldn't put your name on it, then don't post it for all to see.   Some of the people you may not like now could become your friend later or at the very least, someone you admire and respect.  You just never know.  To live with the guilt and embarrassment of stupid choices is not much fun.   

Please don't help the SM haters!  They are very nasty, despicable people!

OK - the end!!   

Heartfelt post, Mytime!

BTW, you have more than addressed, many times, your activitly on C&G, and while we can't control what is said on other sites, I'd give those comments the weight they deserve. (They'll float!)

It's actually a good "nutshell" for posters who are confused about what went on as well. 

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1452 on: July 12, 2009, 11:14:45 AM »

MYTIME - I try not to even read over at that Forum War site, most of it is so childish.  If they post real life information about you then report them, that's about all you can do. 

Personally, my real life if pretty darn boring.  Here's an example:

1.  Wake up around 6am
2.  Fix coffee
3.  Run ccleaner on computer
4.  Check front page and forum of SM
5.  Pour coffee for me and my husband, take husbands coffee to the coffee table in front of the couch
6.  Have a danish or instant oatmeal for breakfast while reading/catching up in the forum (working on that now)
7.  Get dressed and take one of the dogs for a walk, then take the other dog on the same walk
8.  Check forum again
9.  Go to Aunts house to deliver the watches my husband just replaced the batteries in
10. Spend more time than you expect there and realize there is no dog food in the house
11. Have husband stop by any store to pick up some dog food on the way home (but I still need to go back for groceries)
12. Come home, feed dogs and have a salad for lunch myself
13. Go back to a different grocery store to pick up necessities for dinner. (husband said he'd BBQ steak!  Yum)
13. Came home only to realize I forgot the sugar my husband likes to use in his coffee( dang, now I have to go back)
14. Go back down to the store simply to get sugar.
15. Catch back up in forum
16. Husband tells me we are out of charcoal for the BBQ (crap, have to go BACK to the store)
17. Go back to the store for charcoal (yes, they know me by name at the store and YES I use the self check)
18. Put a load of wash in.  Some of this stuff needs to be ironed but I'll save that for later, lol.
19. Thow a couple potatoes in the oven
20. Back in the forum and checking the front page
21. Have dinner - BBQ t-bone steak and baked potato, yummy
22. Play around with a new software program
23. Search for news on ANY of the MP cases and post
24. Answer forum related emails in 3 different email account
25. More of the same

There!  Now they can make fun of it all they want, copy paste it, accuse me of whatever they want.  I am true to myself and that's all that matters.   

But, But........... you left out straightening my halo!!!!   

San, your post about Klaas is exactly right. I'm going to say this, and those who have ever seen my posts in the political thread know it's true: I have pretty strong convictions about our country and what it's policies should be. Klaas and I aren't usually on the same page on those issues, but I'm telling you, if she were running for office, I'd vote for her. Her fairness, ethics and judgement transcend the differences.

thumright thumleft
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1453 on: July 12, 2009, 11:21:04 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

Klaas, with all that's happened lately, I have a question.  If a poster is being snide or rude, what's the proper procedure? 
Sometimes it's subtle, but it is hurtful nonetheless.  Is that a "big girl panties"  thing and should we just scroll on by or should we hit the "report to mod" button. 

Thanks

Numbers I am not Klaas, but I know that emotions are running high right now. I would advise to scroll past if possible. If it is directly aimed at you and you are hurt, then use the report to mod button to the side.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1454 on: July 12, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »

Good Morning Monks...old and new!!  Let's hope today is a kinder, and more gentle day for all of us.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1455 on: July 12, 2009, 11:28:45 AM »

Sleep Well, KTF. God Bless! My furbaby is in her usual spot while I'm on the computer and she keeps my place in bed warm until I finally join her. Then she moves over enough to let me in............. reluctantly! Just snapped a picture, and in a few minutes, I'll be in it!   

Night All! God Bless!

what a sweet picture...I love those wrinkles!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1456 on: July 12, 2009, 11:29:54 AM »

Good Morning Monks...old and new!!  Let's hope today is a kinder, and more gentle day for all of us.

SUNNY!!! That was your 10,001 post!!! 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1457 on: July 12, 2009, 11:30:47 AM »

I am going to make a post that may not be very popular - but I am not going to win any popularity contests anyway so............

I went over to Internet Forums Wars and was really shocked. "Someone" was even trying to auction my name and phone number. LOL  Many of you do not know some of the history that went on late last year.  I am not trying to lecture you, I would never do that, I am going to try to explain what happened and you can make your own choice from there, of course.

There were some bad monkeys that got banned.  So they started their own forum, known as CnG aka C&G aka Chat and Grumble or Idiots. LOL  Unbeknownst to some of us, it was really a SM hate site.  During that time, we were lied to and used and being new to SM and the internet, some of us (me) believed the lies we were being told.  They also provided a chat that we thought was so fun. 

It was an invite only private forum and some (me) made some very stupid posts.  It took minutes, probably seconds, before Klaas knew what was posted and who all belonged there.  If I were her, I would have banned me immediately.  When we all started to realize what was going on and started to ask questions, several us got banned.  (Thank God).  The admin of that board was "kind" enough to send Klaas my posts along with my IP address.  She did so under a "different" email address.   Klaas still did not ban me. 

I owned up to what I did here in musings,  I apologized and took what I deserved.    I also decided to expose what was going on at CnG.  In doing so, I made some real enemies and could have cared less.  I have even received a disgusting message on my home voice mail.

I have since learned many things that I would like to share.  Klaas is without a doubt the best admin on the internet.  Klaas works very hard for free.  SM and MP's are her passion.  I also learned she knows everything, everywhere.  She is forgiving and has a heart of gold.  The mods she choose are the best too.    She knows how to run a forum with many different personalities, opinions with various wants and needs of the posters.

I do not always like everyone nor does everyone always like me.   Some of my closest monkey friends now are people that did not like me at all when I first joined and some I did not like either.

I  understand the need to "vent" - I really do!!  But when you do so, about another poster or mod, at another forum it underminds the integrity of SM, IMO.  There are many out there that would like to SM fail and/or see us all fight.  There are some that are laughing that we were duped by Dolce.  They find pleasure in anything that they can twist and turn and make SM look bad.   To do so is very unfair to Klaas and the mods who put their time and efforts here - for US!!

If you have a problem with a poster, let Klaas know or hit report to moderator.  Klaas or the mods will address your concerns.  (Your welcome, Klaas LOL) 

Lastly, words CAN hurt.  Imagine if it was YOU that others were talking about for all to read. Trust me, your own words will come back to haunt you.  Writng styles are very unique to individuals and NOTHING get by Klaas. 

So speaking from my own experience, I ask you to please think about what you post before you do it.  If you wouldn't put your name on it, then don't post it for all to see.   Some of the people you may not like now could become your friend later or at the very least, someone you admire and respect.  You just never know.  To live with the guilt and embarrassment of stupid choices is not much fun.   

Please don't help the SM haters!  They are very nasty, despicable people!

OK - the end!!   

Terrific post MyTime.

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1458 on: July 12, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

Thanks

Sorry, was busy doing the ironing I didnt' do yesterday (rare for me to iron but needed some cooler blouses to wear, starting to get warmer).

Normally I say scroll on by but if it bothers you too much go ahead and hit the "report to moderator" button.  That way all of us (the moderators) will know there is a problem.  We can't always do anything but often we can address the problem in the forum so the problem poster knows they were out of line.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1459 on: July 12, 2009, 11:46:27 AM »

Thanks,  Klaas and Boo for the replies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.