March 28, 2024, 05:12:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #45 7/10/09 - 7/13/09  (Read 421039 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1500 on: July 12, 2009, 01:33:43 PM »

Hi Boo... Happy Sunday

I see you. I really liked your post you made just a bit ago. 

Hi Deenie, don't mind me, I'm feeling all melodramatic today. I was reading over there and man, they really know how to rip a person to shreds and don't put their name on it. Honestly, it scares the living chit out of me! I don't think I will be going back. 

BOO don't go there.....I think 99% of the posts are from banned monks....so what would you expect from them. They are trying to cause doubt among us......and I refuse to allow them to do that. As I said earlier if anyone has a problem or a suspicion I'd suggest emailing Klaas about it.....if a post offends...report it...we used to have an ignore button...LOL...I loved it!!  But usually someone would quote the person on ignore and I would wind up reading it anyway!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1501 on: July 12, 2009, 01:33:57 PM »

Hi all,
Just had my mid-day strawberry shortcake and would love to take a nap (if I wasn't at work  ) Hope everyone is doing well today.

traci
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1502 on: July 12, 2009, 01:35:29 PM »

Hi all,
Just had my mid-day strawberry shortcake and would love to take a nap (if I wasn't at work  ) Hope everyone is doing well today.

traci

Hi,,,yummy to strawberry shortcake!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1503 on: July 12, 2009, 01:41:31 PM »

Sassy and Trim, YES that's the video!  I love it, always reminds me of The Birdcage with Robin Williams, love that movie!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dYLk34GCXbo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/dYLk34GCXbo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1</a>

Go Girlfriend

Don't Leave Me! I don't want to be the only girl not dancing!!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1504 on: July 12, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »

My Grandma she used a clothes line. She in all her years never had a washing machine * not modern day.. nor ever had a dryer.
She had a " Ringer Washer" When I was a little girl I used to hand her each item of clothing and she would put them in soap/water and use a wash board and then use the Ringer to squeeze out the water ...
Then outside the clothing went on to the Line. In the winter months she would hang the clothes in the basement near the furnace ..and wait for them to dry.
She could have had a new washer and dryer ... but she preferred to do it her way.

I do remember her sheets always felt butter soft and smelled sooo Good. Can't beat sunshine and all her flowers that were around ... they made everything smell good.

Deenie, was washday on Mondays? At my gramma's farm, Monday meant spending the day in the "back room" on a cement floor with washtubs and a wringer washer. Sometimes, just for fun and to make her hop all over the place, I'd let my arm in in the wringer...she was convinced it would "take your arm off! How will I explain that to your mother?!" Used to make me laugh so hard! Then she'd laugh too. Then, off to the clothesline. And then, as if that wasn't enough fun, Tuesday was ironing day. Sprinkle with a soda bottle, then iron EVERYTHING! T-shirts, hankies, even the darn jeans! I'm just glad that by then, the farm had electricity...electric irons rock!

I use my clothesline all the time, except when there's too much snow or doggy do (springtime) to get to it. Keeps the gas bills down, is good exercise, and most of all, keeps me connected to all the Tevye women who went before me. My sisters all, except one, use them exclusively. The other one says she "doesn't have time for that %$&" and uses the dryer. OH well, she always was kinda snooty!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1505 on: July 12, 2009, 01:45:48 PM »

We had a clothes line an I remember my mom using those pant stretchers for the jeans, put a prefect crease in them. Loved mine when we lived in Navy housing years ago back east. You just didn't use it when the Mulberry trees bloomed or you ended up with big purple stains from the dang birds I am like you sunny I would love to have one, but to many trees and birds around here. There is nothing like the smell of clothes that have been hung out to dry.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1506 on: July 12, 2009, 01:47:41 PM »

Yeah, the strawberry shortcake was great--didn't do much for my diet though..... My son is starting kindergarten this year and I am going through a depression-anxiety eating binge.  I may not be able to fit through the door at the school by open-house.   
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1507 on: July 12, 2009, 01:53:44 PM »

TM..Post for ya in NH..You've probably already seen it!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1508 on: July 12, 2009, 01:59:47 PM »

Hey Wreckkkkkkk..Headin to the Mariner/Ranger game in a few minutes..

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1509 on: July 12, 2009, 02:05:09 PM »

Hi Boo... Happy Sunday

Hi Deenie, don't mind me, I'm feeling all melodramatic today. I was reading over there and man, they really know how to rip a person to shreds and don't put their name on it. Honestly, it scares the living chit out of me! I don't think I will be going back. 

BOO don't go there.....I think 99% of the posts are from banned monks....so what would you expect from them. They are trying to cause doubt among us......and I refuse to allow them to do that. As I said earlier if anyone has a problem or a suspicion I'd suggest emailing Klaas about it.....if a post offends...report it...we used to have an ignore button...LOL...I loved it!!  But usually someone would quote the person on ignore and I would wind up reading it anyway!

Water under the bridge .. all of it. I just like the fact that Boo humanizes everything in that last post and That's it. Its done. Done Done. No more talky about it. Its Sunday a Day of Peace ... Peace ... 

For Boo and Everyone~ Boo enjoy the Music 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBt7GuSPtyc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/hBt7GuSPtyc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1</a>

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1510 on: July 12, 2009, 02:08:52 PM »

My Grandma she used a clothes line. She in all her years never had a washing machine * not modern day.. nor ever had a dryer.
She had a " Ringer Washer" When I was a little girl I used to hand her each item of clothing and she would put them in soap/water and use a wash board and then use the Ringer to squeeze out the water ...
Then outside the clothing went on to the Line. In the winter months she would hang the clothes in the basement near the furnace ..and wait for them to dry.
She could have had a new washer and dryer ... but she preferred to do it her way.

I do remember her sheets always felt butter soft and smelled sooo Good. Can't beat sunshine and all her flowers that were around ... they made everything smell good.

Deenie, was washday on Mondays? At my gramma's farm, Monday meant spending the day in the "back room" on a cement floor with washtubs and a wringer washer. Sometimes, just for fun and to make her hop all over the place, I'd let my arm in in the wringer...she was convinced it would "take your arm off! How will I explain that to your mother?!" Used to make me laugh so hard! Then she'd laugh too. Then, off to the clothesline. And then, as if that wasn't enough fun, Tuesday was ironing day. Sprinkle with a soda bottle, then iron EVERYTHING! T-shirts, hankies, even the darn jeans! I'm just glad that by then, the farm had electricity...electric irons rock!

I use my clothesline all the time, except when there's too much snow or doggy do (springtime) to get to it. Keeps the gas bills down, is good exercise, and most of all, keeps me connected to all the Tevye women who went before me. My sisters all, except one, use them exclusively. The other one says she "doesn't have time for that %$&" and uses the dryer. OH well, she always was kinda snooty!
T, My Grandparents did not have gas lines. They only had propane. They bought the land in the early 40's...and just built a house around a tiny shack .. and it became a lovely house. I too have found memories of what you mention. It is amazing with all the modern conveniences and technology we have today ..and yet people believe they have no time.

an angelic monkey

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1511 on: July 12, 2009, 02:16:15 PM »

Yeah, the strawberry shortcake was great--didn't do much for my diet though..... My son is starting kindergarten this year and I am going through a depression-anxiety eating binge.  I may not be able to fit through the door at the school by open-house.   
Awe Poor Mamma. It will ok. He will love Kindergarten after he too adjusts. They you will have so many things to stick upon your Fridge ... and around your house ... You will have the best Art Gallery on the block.
 an angelic monkey

atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1512 on: July 12, 2009, 02:19:14 PM »

When I was growing up, my mother used a clothes line in the back of the house also.  We had a dryer, but during the summers she always hung out the clothes.  I don't have bad memories of it or anything, but do you guys remember how stiff the jeans would be afterwards?  Maybe my mom was doing something wrong?
I would have to wear the jeans atleast 2 hours before I could bend my knees. 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1513 on: July 12, 2009, 02:23:33 PM »

When I was growing up, my mother used a clothes line in the back of the house also.  We had a dryer, but during the summers she always hung out the clothes.  I don't have bad memories of it or anything, but do you guys remember how stiff the jeans would be afterwards?  Maybe my mom was doing something wrong?
I would have to wear the jeans atleast 2 hours before I could bend my knees. 
Too Funny .. yes Jeans washed by my Grandma were always Stiff forever too ... She would say its ok ..you can wear them longer. You could not get as dirty in the stiff clean ones ... you couldn't bend lol... 
She made sense too. You wore them till they got soft and then you didn't want to wear a clean pair lol...  Back to the stiff ones you went.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1514 on: July 12, 2009, 02:27:41 PM »

Hi Boo... Happy Sunday

Curiosity finally got the best of me and I went to have a look. I have no appetite for that sort of thing. Now I feel like I need a shower. Mud wrestling has more intrinsic value............
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1515 on: July 12, 2009, 02:28:10 PM »

It was always fun playing outside around that line also.  You could slide things to each other, have a target practice contest.  But you always had to remember to duck when you rode your bike.......
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1516 on: July 12, 2009, 02:35:24 PM »

aaawwwww       it is so difficult to see them leave to go to school...but the good part is you will come to the point of 

Rest in Peace Caylee

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1517 on: July 12, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »

Hi Boo... Happy Sunday

Curiosity finally got the best of me and I went to have a look. I have no appetite for that sort of thing. Now I feel like I need a shower. Mud wrestling has more intrinsic value............

What did I miss? Reading where?

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1518 on: July 12, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »

It was always fun playing outside around that line also.  You could slide things to each other, have a target practice contest.  But you always had to remember to duck when you rode your bike.......
Yes, my Brother used to take my shoes and or my fave stuffed animal and Hang them up - on the line... he knew I could not reach. I remember the poles ...oooo do I. The rust would come off unto you hands ... and it would be like a rug burn. Swinging on the poles ... My Grandpa had though a swing set he had made for his children ( my Mom & sisters) and we loved it .. it had thick chain link chains and Boards cut to fit in as a seat. We would use a bottle of Coca Cola and a rag ..where are hands grabbed the chains ..to try to knock off the rust... otherwise you would have scratchy ouchy hands after swinging for a great length of time. Good Old Coca Cola ... Hah and I drink it * Diet Coke as if it were the air I breath.. I guess  ... that means I have no rust on my pipes .. GASP Lol.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1519 on: July 12, 2009, 02:40:24 PM »

I am going to make a post that may not be very popular - but I am not going to win any popularity contests anyway so............

I went over to Internet Forums Wars and was really shocked. "Someone" was even trying to auction my name and phone number. LOL  Many of you do not know some of the history that went on late last year.  I am not trying to lecture you, I would never do that, I am going to try to explain what happened and you can make your own choice from there, of course.

There were some bad monkeys that got banned.  So they started their own forum, known as CnG aka C&G aka Chat and Grumble or Idiots. LOL  Unbeknownst to some of us, it was really a SM hate site.  During that time, we were lied to and used and being new to SM and the internet, some of us (me) believed the lies we were being told.  They also provided a chat that we thought was so fun. 

It was an invite only private forum and some (me) made some very stupid posts.  It took minutes, probably seconds, before Klaas knew what was posted and who all belonged there.  If I were her, I would have banned me immediately.  When we all started to realize what was going on and started to ask questions, several us got banned.  (Thank God).  The admin of that board was "kind" enough to send Klaas my posts along with my IP address.  She did so under a "different" email address.   Klaas still did not ban me. 

I owned up to what I did here in musings,  I apologized and took what I deserved.    I also decided to expose what was going on at CnG.  In doing so, I made some real enemies and could have cared less.  I have even received a disgusting message on my home voice mail.

I have since learned many things that I would like to share.  Klaas is without a doubt the best admin on the internet.  Klaas works very hard for free.  SM and MP's are her passion.  I also learned she knows everything, everywhere.  She is forgiving and has a heart of gold.  The mods she choose are the best too.    She knows how to run a forum with many different personalities, opinions with various wants and needs of the posters.

I do not always like everyone nor does everyone always like me.   Some of my closest monkey friends now are people that did not like me at all when I first joined and some I did not like either.

I  understand the need to "vent" - I really do!!  But when you do so, about another poster or mod, at another forum it underminds the integrity of SM, IMO.  There are many out there that would like to SM fail and/or see us all fight.  There are some that are laughing that we were duped by Dolce.  They find pleasure in anything that they can twist and turn and make SM look bad.   To do so is very unfair to Klaas and the mods who put their time and efforts here - for US!!

If you have a problem with a poster, let Klaas know or hit report to moderator.  Klaas or the mods will address your concerns.  (Your welcome, Klaas LOL) 

Lastly, words CAN hurt.  Imagine if it was YOU that others were talking about for all to read. Trust me, your own words will come back to haunt you.  Writng styles are very unique to individuals and NOTHING get by Klaas. 

So speaking from my own experience, I ask you to please think about what you post before you do it.  If you wouldn't put your name on it, then don't post it for all to see.   Some of the people you may not like now could become your friend later or at the very least, someone you admire and respect.  You just never know.  To live with the guilt and embarrassment of stupid choices is not much fun.   

Please don't help the SM haters!  They are very nasty, despicable people!

OK - the end!!   

Nice post Mytime!   

The haters are all so envious of what we have here.  Don't let them get you down, they are jealous that you're a Monkey and they're NOT!

Scared Monkeys is the best; Red, Klaas, Dugga, Dana, and all of our SUPER MODS make it the place to be.  All of the wannabes with their feeble attempts can't come close to what we have here.  That's why they're spewing their hate anywhere they can.  It doesn't change anything, just proves what hateful azzholes they all are.    

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.