March 28, 2024, 07:27:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #45 7/10/09 - 7/13/09  (Read 421065 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1800 on: July 13, 2009, 08:27:16 AM »

Klaas was RIGHT from the beginning...

Remember when she posted this pic of Dolce's babies????

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1801 on: July 13, 2009, 08:34:17 AM »

Klaas was RIGHT from the beginning...

Remember when she posted this pic of Dolce's babies????

Good morning  Can.     Isn't it great to start the day with a smile?   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1802 on: July 13, 2009, 08:41:27 AM »

OMG - I am just being formed that PT is planning for us to go to the Bahamas this weekend (Thursday to Monday).  But But but!!   

OMG, she is the pilot, and she doesn't even have her hands on the controls!  Please do not get confused and head in the wrong direction (like towards my house).

OMG THAT is about the cutest photoshop I have ever seen!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1803 on: July 13, 2009, 09:02:37 AM »

CBB - happy thoughts being sent to you and Kubear.
I'm off to take my Mom to the doctor, grocery store, etc.  I am so blessed to have my Mom still.  Then taking her to see my sister Connie.  I do so appreciate everyone's prayers, they mean so much to me, and I know our Heavenly holds each prayer to His merciful heart.
Good morning and blessings to all the Monkeys.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1804 on: July 13, 2009, 09:04:28 AM »

typo -- Heavenly Father, but I know He and you know what I meant.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1805 on: July 13, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »

Muffy - it sure is great to start the day with a smile...particularly on a Monday!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1806 on: July 13, 2009, 09:11:08 AM »

Sunny, yuck!  That would gross me out seeing the carcasses ... and the flies!  I can't stand the smell of raw meat, not a big meat eater. We had bought a pig once. I never saw him tho...we sent him to a butcher and they sent us back ribs, chops and the best bacon I had ever had.

I don't do sea food either

Good Morning Monks!  We didn't see the pig either. Some other friends told us about the guy...his pigs only ate organic feed...LOL....I have no idea what that means...but the friends said the pork was very good....so we decided to try it. The bacon is so good and not too salty....I love seafood...but am very picky about what I eat....I stick to firm saltwater white fish like Red Snapper, Grouper, Tilapia, etc

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1807 on: July 13, 2009, 09:13:18 AM »

CBB - happy thoughts being sent to you and Kubear.
I'm off to take my Mom to the doctor, grocery store, etc.  I am so blessed to have my Mom still.  Then taking her to see my sister Connie.  I do so appreciate everyone's prayers, they mean so much to me, and I know our Heavenly holds each prayer to His merciful heart.
Good morning and blessings to all the Monkeys.

Good morning Sister.  Sounds like you have a busy care giving schedule.
How blessed your family is to have your devotion, and Connie your able advocacy on this long journey to wellness.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1808 on: July 13, 2009, 09:17:55 AM »

Sunny, good morning Sistah!  an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1809 on: July 13, 2009, 09:19:33 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,531977,00.html?test=latestnews

I knew it! 

Swearing Makes You Feel Less Pain
Monday , July 13, 2009

That muttered curse word that reflexively comes out when you stub your toe could actually make it easier to bear the throbbing pain, a new study suggests.

Swearing is a common response to pain, but no previous research has connected the uttering of an expletive to the actual physical experience of pain.

"Swearing has been around for centuries and is an almost universal human linguistic phenomenon," said Richard Stephens of Keele University in England and one of the authors of the new study. "It taps into emotional brain centers and appears to arise in the right brain, whereas most language production occurs in the left cerebral hemisphere of the brain."

Stephens and his fellow Keele researchers John Atkins and Andrew Kingston sought to test how swearing would affect an individual's tolerance to pain.

Because swearing often has an exaggerating effect that can overstate the severity of pain, the team thought that swearing would lessen a person's tolerance.

As it turned out, the opposite seems to be true.

The researchers enlisted 64 undergraduate volunteers and had them submerge their hand in a tub of ice water for as long as possible while repeating a swear word of their choice.

The experiment was then repeated with the volunteer repeating a more common word that they would use to describe a table.

Contrary to what the researcher expected, the volunteers kept their hands submerged longer while repeating the swear word.

The researchers think that the increase in pain tolerance occurs because swearing triggers the body's natural "fight-or-flight" response.

Stephens and his colleagues suggest that swearing may increase aggression (seen in accelerated heart rates), which downplays weakness to appear stronger or more macho.

"Our research shows one potential reason why swearing developed and why it persists," Stephens said.

The results of the study are detailed in the Aug. 5 issue of the journal NeuroReport.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1810 on: July 13, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »

I knew it! 

Monday , July 13, 2009

That muttered curse word that reflexively comes out when you stub your toe could actually make it easier to bear the throbbing pain, a new study suggests.

Swearing is a common response to pain, but no previous research has connected the uttering of an expletive to the actual physical experience of pain.

"Swearing has been around for centuries and is an almost universal human linguistic phenomenon," said Richard Stephens of Keele University in England and one of the authors of the new study. "It taps into emotional brain centers and appears to arise in the right brain, whereas most language production occurs in the left cerebral hemisphere of the brain."

Stephens and his fellow Keele researchers John Atkins and Andrew Kingston sought to test how swearing would affect an individual's tolerance to pain.

Because swearing often has an exaggerating effect that can overstate the severity of pain, the team thought that swearing would lessen a person's tolerance.

The researchers enlisted 64 undergraduate volunteers and had them submerge their hand in a tub of ice water for as long as possible while repeating a swear word of their choice.

The experiment was then repeated with the volunteer repeating a more common word that they would use to describe a table.

Contrary to what the researcher expected, the volunteers kept their hands submerged longer while repeating the swear word.

The researchers think that the increase in pain tolerance occurs because swearing triggers the body's natural "fight-or-flight" response.

Stephens and his colleagues suggest that swearing may increase aggression (seen in accelerated heart rates), which downplays weakness to appear stronger or more macho.

"Our research shows one potential reason why swearing developed and why it persists," Stephens said.

The results of the study are detailed in the Aug. 5 issue of the journal NeuroReport.

I am printing this out for sure!!  signed Potty Mouth!!

CBB - I am praying for Ku this morning
Deenie - my condolences on your loss.
A News Junkie - good to see you - please do not let anyone run you off or keep you from posting
MT - get outta that darn plane!  LOL
Spark - good to see you

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1811 on: July 13, 2009, 09:32:40 AM »

Sunny, good morning Sistah!  an angelic monkey

Good Morning SISTAH!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1812 on: July 13, 2009, 09:42:05 AM »

CBB, praying for you and your furbaby.  Big hugs to you.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1813 on: July 13, 2009, 09:44:35 AM »

Klaas, Thanks for the "swearing" study.   Yippee, now I have an excuse!
Do you think you could find a study on anger and swearing lol ... I need an excuse for that too!   
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1814 on: July 13, 2009, 09:54:31 AM »

I knew it! 

Monday , July 13, 2009

Yipes! how will I explain this to the parishioners.   Got a link to that journal?

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1815 on: July 13, 2009, 10:12:13 AM »

"Here kitty, kitty."  Did I do something wrong zoo geeper?        Monkey Devil!

Do No Evil 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1816 on: July 13, 2009, 10:14:54 AM »

"Here kitty, kitty."  Did I do something wrong zoo geeper?        Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1817 on: July 13, 2009, 10:31:50 AM »

I don't post much anymore, due to the fact that I either suck at communication or some members think I am someone else.  I say this because the last person who jumped on me said that her and I had gone around before and she gave me the benefit of the doubt...........the only thing is, I never have had a problem with this person, so I think she thinks I am one of these 'posers' so I just read nowdays.   
Anyway, I missed all this and really stumbled upon it going back to see what another poster meant by something they said in the Caylee thread.  So, I have been trying to read as much as I can today on this and it strikes me that if dolce could pull off this he/she could pull off something more sinister.  What keeps bugging me is how she drew attention to herself by being Adji voice.  Am I horrible to wonder if this person could have somehow been involved in the disappearance to get the attention? 
For me, dolce showed her true colors early on with a snide cunning remark about the whole Murt ordeal.  A valued friend urged me that I took it wrong and for the good of the board, I took responsibility for it.  I knew I was tender - touchy after having been duped by murt but my gut always has known that she was that smooth.  That is the problem with boards - these alter-ego types with their big shit attitudes and social prowless make something that is wonderful a place, a place that scares off people.  I know my voice has been stifled because I won't sit by and just stoke them - so I have taken to reading and only posting when I feel like I have something new and different to add. 
Anyway, I just had to get that thought off my chest.  A muse of this caliber is capable of anything, IMHO.  Very scary person.  I would tell him/her to hang her head in shame, but he/she doesn't know how to.  Worse, he/she is probably enjoying the attention.
Okay, back to page 60 - something.  I am one of the numbers in the rafters!

Hi A news J, How are you? I have missed seeing your posts. I too have become somewhat of a silent monkey for my own reasons as well. I sit in the rafters with you a lot but did not see you there through the branches and leaves. Glad to see you posting.

Hi ANJM, I've missed seeing your posts too....so come on down from the rafters more often Smile

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1818 on: July 13, 2009, 10:35:03 AM »

Sunny, yuck!  That would gross me out seeing the carcasses ... and the flies!  I can't stand the smell of raw meat, not a big meat eater. We had bought a pig once. I never saw him tho...we sent him to a butcher and they sent us back ribs, chops and the best bacon I had ever had.

Good Morning Monks!  We didn't see the pig either. Some other friends told us about the guy...his pigs only ate organic feed...LOL....I have no idea what that means...but the friends said the pork was very good....so we decided to try it. The bacon is so good and not too salty....I love seafood...but am very picky about what I eat....I stick to firm saltwater white fish like Red Snapper, Grouper, Tilapia, etc

I guess it helped that we didn't see the pig, or name it LOL.  I'd be crying every time I had to cook some pork LOL.  One of my friends has a farm and has cows and pigs. She feeds them a special diet .  I will have to ask her more about it sometime.

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1819 on: July 13, 2009, 10:54:48 AM »

I guess it helped that we didn't see the pig, or name it LOL.  I'd be crying every time I had to cook some pork LOL.  One of my friends has a farm and has cows and pigs. She feeds them a special diet .  I will have to ask her more about it sometime.
Me too. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.