March 28, 2024, 01:45:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheyenne Noell Wolf ....OK ....Couple Moves Around With Deceased Daughter's Body  (Read 13686 times)
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« on: July 07, 2009, 09:18:16 PM »

Jul 07
2009 Couple moves around with Deceased Daughter's body
Posted by tish in cheyenne wolf

This is an extremely gruesome tale of a cover up by this little girls parents to conceal her homicide.

The 11 year girl is Cheyenne Noell Wolf, and while it remains unclear exactly when she was killed,

Jessica Brown, public information officer with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations stated that she is believed to have been killed in April of 2008... Yes, that was 2008. The parents have carried her decomposing body along with them, even digging it up on occasion to move her as they travelled across the country, in an effort to keep her death a secret from relatives. However, there were some very concerned relatives in Ardmore, OK that were worried about not hearing from Cheyenne since their family began moving so erratically, so they called in to report her as a possible missing child. Several days later, and with many states law enforcement officers cooperation and dedication, they were able to locate her body in a storage unit, entombed in a plastic container in the small town of Milton-Freewater in OR. The parents,  Able and Denise Wolf were arrested and held without bail on the charge of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence.

Now the twisted story of Cheyenne's murder - the father stated in an affidavit that "the family" was upset with Cheyenne one evening for refusing to eat her meal, the father went out for a smoke, and while he was out there, he heard a "thump" but when he came back in, Cheyenne seemed fine, however, she died the next day. Denise's brother, Edward said that she told him that another daughter, Sara Elizabeth had beat her and kicked her until she died. At any rate, the stories don't add up. You would think that after concealing the body for well over a year, that they might have worked on the corroboration of their stories if they ever got caught, but apparently not. The father says that he wrapped the child in a sleeping bag and then laid her in a plastic container and stored it in the shed for a while, at least until the smell became unbearable. At that point, they buried her under the deck of their home in OK. When the family moved to Havre, MT, they took her with them in Aug. 2008.

Sara Elizabeth ran away this past Jan, and was placed into a hospital. Her parents, fearing that she would tell someone about her sister, moved the body for the fourth time - this time to the property of Denise's brother, Edward Lee and Grady Davis - storing the "casket" in a chicken coop. When Denise learned that her brother had been snooping thru their possessions, she moved the tub to the storage unit where it was recently found.

Let's demand justice for this little girl, Cheyenne Noell Wolf, who died at the hands of someone in her family, and then wasn't even loved or respected enough to be given a proper and decent burial. Help bring awareness to her short life and the injustice forced upon her.

http://www.durantdemocrat.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Couple+charged+with+hiding+daughter%E2%80%99s+dead+body%20&id=2895726-Couple+charged+with+hiding+daughter%E2%80%99s+dead+body&instance=home_news_lead

http://www.havredailynews.com/articles/2009/07/07/local_headlines/local.txt

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 11:31:34 PM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GIRLS_BODY_MOVED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Jul 7, 6:40 PM EDT

Okla. couple held in burial, excavation of girl

By LEN IWANSKI
Associated Press Writer
AP Photo
AP Photo
Advertisement
Buy AP Photo Reprints

Your Questions Answered
Ask AP: Debt and interest rates, Afghan poppies

HELENA, Mont. (AP) -- An Oklahoma couple has been arrested in Montana for investigation of burying a young girl then digging up her remains and moving the body from state to state for more than a year, authorities said Tuesday.

Abel Wolf, 35, and Denise Wolf, 40, were being held without bail in the Hill County jail in Havre after being charged in Oklahoma with unlawful removal of a body, Hill County Attorney Gina Dahl said .

The suspects are scheduled for a court appearance on Wednesday.

An autopsy will be done to determine the cause of death and whether the remains are those of Abel Wolf's 11-year-old daughter Cheyenne, said Jessica Brown, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

Abel and Denise Wolf were arrested Thursday near Rocky Boy's Indian Reservation southwest of Havre. The arrests were first reported by the Havre Daily News.

Sharon Skyberg, a booking official at the Hill County jail, didn't know if the Wolfs had retained a lawyer. Dahl said the defendants likely will be appointed a public defender by the court if they haven't retained one privately.

Brown told The Associated Press that relatives had reported to Oklahoma police that Cheyenne Wolf was missing when her father and stepmother Denise moved to Montana and Oregon.

The investigation led police to discover the remains in a storage unit in the Milton-Freewater area of Oregon.

An affidavit filed by OSBI investigator David Houston said Abel Wolf told Houston the family was upset with Cheyenne in April 2008 because she would not eat dinner one night.

While Abel was outside smoking, he heard a thump but said Cheyenne seemed fine, the affidavit said.

She was found dead the next day, according to the document.

"Abel Wolf put Cheyenne Wolf's body in a sleeping bag and then put her body into a large plastic tub," the affidavit said.

That tub was then stored in a shed, buried under the deck and moved with the family in August 2008 to Havre, it said.

When Cheyenne's sister ran away in January and was placed in a hospital, the couple began to worry that word would get out about Cheyenne, so they moved her remains to a chicken coop on property owned by Denise Wolf's brother in Oregon, the affidavit said.

Denise Wolf later moved Cheyenne's body to a storage building in the Milton-Freewater, Ore., area, Houston said in his affidavit.

In court, the suspects will be given an opportunity to waive extradition, voluntarily surrender to Oklahoma law officers and be returned to that state for prosecution.

Otherwise, Oklahoma will seek to have the defendants extradited to that state, Dahl said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 12:10:10 PM »

Okla. couple arrested for digging up dead girl
Police discover the remains in an Oregon storage unit

HAVRE, Mont. - An Oklahoma couple has been arrested for investigation of burying a young girl then digging up her remains and moving the body from state to state for more than a year, authorities said Tuesday.

Abel Wolf, 35, and Denise Wolf, 40, were being held without bail in the Hill County jail in Havre after being charged in Oklahoma with unlawful removal of a body, authorities said.

An autopsy will be done to determine the cause of death and whether the remains are those of Abel Wolf's 11-year-old daughter Cheyenne, said Jessica Brown, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

Abel and Denise Wolf were arrested Thursday near Rocky Boy's Indian Reservation southwest of Havre. The arrests were first reported by the Havre Daily News.

Sharon Skyberg, a booking official at the Hill County jail, didn't know if the Wolfs had retained a lawyer.

Brown told The Associated Press that relatives reported to Oklahoma police that Cheyenne Wolf was missing when her father and stepmother Denise moved to Montana and Oregon.

The investigation led police to discover the remains in a storage unit in the Milton-Freewater area of Oregon.

Brown provided a summary of an affidavit filed by an OSBI investigator that indicated the family was upset with Cheyenne in April 2008 because she would not eat dinner one night. While Abel was outside smoking, he heard a thump, but Cheyenne seemed fine, the summary said.

She was found dead the next day, according to the document.

"Abel Wolf put Cheyenne Wolf's body in a sleeping bag and then put her body into a large plastic tub," the summary said.

That tub was then stored in a shed, buried under the deck and moved with the family in August 2008 to Havre, the document said.

When a sibling ran away in January, the couple began to worry that word would get out about Cheyenne, so they moved her remains to a chicken coop on property owned by inlays in Oregon, the summary said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31785206/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 12:22:40 PM »

http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-couple-accused-of-exhuming-girl/article/3383757

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 02:44:25 PM »

Ore. sheriff says conditions of remains consistent with history of missing Oklahoma girl
By Associated Press
12:34 PM CDT, July 9, 2009

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Oregon investigators say autopsy results from remains found in a rental storage unit are consistent with the medical history of a missing 11-year-old Oklahoma girl, but the identity needs to be confirmed through dental records.

A couple, 35-year-old Abel Wolf and 40-year-old Denise Wolf, are being held in Havre, Mont. They are charged in Oklahoma with unlawful removal of a body. An extradition hearing is scheduled Thursday.

They are suspected of burying Abel Wolf's daughter, Cheyenne, then digging up her remains and moving them from state to state.

In Oregon, the Umatilla County sheriff's office said in a brief statement that the autopsy was done Wednesday, and results were consistent with the girl's medical history.
http://www.kfsm.com/news/sns-ap-or--girlsbody-moved,0,4548581.story

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 12:22:09 PM »

Remains identified as Oklahoma girl, 11

Remains found in a Milton-Freewater storage unit have been positively identified as belonging to an 11-year-old Oklahoma girl last seen in April 2008, authorities said.

Detectives with the Umatilla County Sheriff's Office and Oregon State Police took the remains to the Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy Wednesday.

The physical dimensions of the remains, pre-existing medical condition and other evidence found in the containers with the remains are consistent with Cheyenne Wolf, Sheriff John Trumbo said.

Cheyenne's father and stepmother are accused of putting her body in a plastic tub, burying it, digging it up and moving it from state to state for more than a year.

Abel Wolf, 35, and Denise Wolf, 40, are being held in Havre, Mont. They are charged in Oklahoma with unlawful removal of a body.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/1406/story/642630.html

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »

I read this the other day on google news and I cried for little Cheyenne. The whole story made me sick to my stomach for hours.

I hope she can tell a police a story with her remains that are left. I don't think she just "died". I think mom and dad murdered her and covered it up.

I think the sister being in "hospital", is because it was one messed up place to live and she probably experienced and saw a lot more than any child should.

Praying for justice for Cheyenne and praying that the remaining children get the help and love they need to heal and move forward.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 10:45:42 AM »

Published July 28, 2009 09:12 am -

Couple returned to Oklahoma

DURANT, Okla. (AP) — A couple accused of digging up the body of their 11-year-old daughter and moving her remains to two states are in custody in Oklahoma on $500,000 bond.

Thirty-five-year-old Abel Wolf and 40-year-old Denise Ann Wolf made initial court appearances Monday in Bryan County District Court, where they are charged with one count each of unlawful removal of a dead body.

The couple, who arrived in Durant from Montana early Sunday, is suspected of burying the girl's corpse, then unearthing the remains and moving them to Montana and Oregon. A cause of death hasn't been determined.

Oregon investigators have said autopsy results on the remains found in a rental storage unit are consistent with the medical history of Abel Wolf's missing daughter, Cheyenne, but the identity needs to be confirmed through dental records.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/statenews/local_story_209101214.html

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 06:45:09 AM »

Wolfs in Bryan County on $500K bond
by MATT SWEARENGIN Managing editor

DURANT — A husband and wife accused of concealing the body of a 12-year-old girl and moving the remains from state to state are in the Bryan County Jail on $500,000 bond.

Abel Wolf, 35, and his wife Denise Wolf, 40, who were arrested earlier this month in Havre, Mont., on local charges of unlawful removal of a dead body, had an initial court appearance Monday afternoon.

They arrived in Bryan County at approximately 3 a.m. Sunday by airplane.

The couple is charged with concealing the remains of Mr. Wolf’s daughter, Cheyenne Wolf, 12, who died when the family lived in the 1900 block of North Philadelphia Road in the Bokchito area.

Mr. and Mrs. Wolf showed little emotion during Monday’s court appearance. Mr. Wolf told the court his last residency was in Havre, and Mrs. Wolf claimed Oregon as her current residency, although both were arrested in Havre.

Both said they were not guilty when asked by District Judge Mark Campbell.

Campbell told them to have an attorney by Aug. 5 and he set a preliminary hearing conference Aug. 12.

Local authorities began investigating in June when an Ardmore police detective contacted the Bryan County Sheriff’s Office and said he received information that a girl may have been murdered in Bryan County approximately 14 months ago, and that the victim may have been buried in Bryan County.

Sheriff’s Investigator John Bates contacted Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Agent David Houston about the case.

Authorities learned that Cheyenne was physically disabled and that she attended school at Calera and most recently, Rock Creek. She was withdrawn from school in January 2008.

Mr. Wolf, when contacted by Houston, said that in April 2008, the family was upset with Cheyenne because she would not eat, and that he went outside to smoke, an affidavit states. He heard a “thump” from inside the home and when he went back inside, Cheyenne seemed incoherent.

Mr. Wolf said he put Cheyenne to bed and the next day, Mrs. Wolf told him she was dead, according to the affidavit. The couple agreed to not report the death, according to authorities, and Mrs. Wolf has declined to speak to investigators.

Cheyenne’s body was first placed in a shed and later buried under the porch, according to Mr. Wolf’s statements. The body was then taken to Havre when the family moved there in the summer of 2008.

The affidavit states that the body was moved to Milton-Freewater, Oreg., in January 2009, where it remained until investigators recovered it inside two plastic tubs at a storage building.

A cause of death has not been determined by Oregon authorities and there is no sign of visible trauma to the remains, according to Bryan County Sheriff Bill Sturch.

Sturch said the remains are expected to be transported to Oklahoma in the next few days for additional testing, including DNA testing.

“We don’t have positive proof that it is her, but we are 99-percent sure that it is,” Sturch said.

Unlawful removal of a dead body carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

According to Sturch, the couple could face additional charges of child abuse or neglect that may have occurred prior to Cheyenne’s death.

“There is the possibility of additional charges based upon what I’ve seen and what is going on,” Sturch said.

No motive for not reporting Cheyenne’s death has been revealed, although a family member told Houston that Mrs. Wolf saw a sibling kicking and stomping on Cheyenne, who was already dead, the affidavit states. The Wolfs have no prior criminal history.

“There are a lot of questions not answered,” Sturch said. “Basically, if you think a child is dead or is in danger of dying, why wouldn’t you call an ambulance and the sheriff’s office?”

DENISE AND ABEL Wolf are led back to jail Monday afternoon by Deputies Kevin Holt, front, and John Hoffpauir II, back. Each are being held on $500,000 bond for unlawfully removing the remains of Mr. Wolf’s daughter Cheyenne, who died last year when the family lived near Bokchito. Authorities are considering other charges of child neglect or abuse.
http://www.durantdemocrat.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Wolfs+in+Bryan+County+on+-500K+bond%20&id=3042179-Wolfs+in+Bryan+County+on+-500K+bond&instance=home_news_lead

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »

Man Accused of Hiding Daughter's Body Enters Plea

posted 04/07/10 4:42 pm   
Durant - An Aug. 16 disposition hearing has been scheduled for man accused of hiding his daughter's remains.

Abel Wolf and his wife, Denise Wolf, are charged with unlawful removal of a dead body for concealing the remains of 12-year-old Cheyenne Wolf. He pleaded not guilty during a formal arraignment Tuesday in Bryan County District Court.

A competency hearing has been set for Denise Wolf. The couple was arrested in 2009 for allegedly hiding the girl's body when they lived near Bokchito and later transporting them to Montana and Oregon.

Cheyenne's remains were recovered from a storage facility in Oregon. Court records show Abel Wolf told the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that in April 2008, Cheyenne seemed incoherent and, the next day, his wife said she had died.

Wolf's attorney, Jeff Clark, didn't immediately return a call seeking comment Wednesday.
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0410/723417.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »

Okla. woman accused of hiding body waives hearing

Associated Press - June 24, 2010 2:05 PM ET

DURANT, Okla. (AP) - A July 20 formal arraignment has been set for a woman accused of helping her husband conceal the remains of his daughter.

Denise Wolf's preliminary hearing was scheduled to begin Wednesday but she waived her right to the proceeding. The court ruled there was sufficient evidence to go to trial.

Bryan County prosecutors charged Wolf and Abel Wolf with unlawful removal of a dead body for allegedly hiding Cheyenne Wolf's remains when they lived near Bokchito and later transporting them to Montana and Oregon.

Police believe the girl died in April 2008, but she was found in a Milton-Freewater, Ore., storage unit last year.

Denise Wolf's attorney, listed as James Thornley, couldn't be reached for comment Thursday.

http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12703901

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 08:14:04 AM »

Cheyenne Wolf's body remains in storage at medical examiner's office
Space a problem for morgue, which is holding dozens of unclaimed bodies

Cheyenne Wolf's remains, allegedly carted across the country in plastic bins, will likely not be released to the father who stands charged with unlawful removal of her body and allowing child abuse.

The red-haired 12-year-old died in her Bokchito home of undetermined causes in April 2008, a day after her siblings say her stepmother strapped her in bed and whipped her with a belt, court records state.

The girl used leg braces and suffered from spina bifida, a birth defect. Her remains have been in the morgue a year.

Bryan County District Attorney Emily Redman said the medical examiner's office told her that the body would have to be released to custodial parent Abel Wolf, who told investigators he buried and dug up Cheyenne's body numerous times.

"Obviously, I have a problem with that," Redman said.

She said she is trying to get Wolf to sign over authority for funeral arrangements to Cheyenne's sisters, who are in Department of Human Services custody and say they want the responsibility.

Medical examiner's office spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard said the staff is trying to work out what should be done with the girl's remains.

She said an incredible number of callers have expressed interest in what happens to the girl.

"It's been really overwhelming," she said. "People who didn't even know this child, it's just the thought of her being here and her life was tragic enough, it seems, and they want to be able to help."

Cheyenne's was one of 28 unclaimed remains in the medical examiner's office last week.

If efforts fail to get remains back to a family or are rejected, often because families can't or won't bear funeral costs, the body is turned over to the county in which the death happened or the person resided.

The county then cremates or buries the body.

"It's hard for us because we want to help the families but we just don't have the room sometimes to be able to keep them here for a long time," Ballard said.

This year, 18 sets of remains have been left unclaimed in the morgue. That's already more than triple the number left unclaimed in 2009.

Other states

The Maryland medical examiner's office is one of the country's only offices without the body storage problem, said David Fowler, Maryland's chief medical examiner and co-chairman of inspection and accreditation with the National Association of Medical Examiners.

Maryland state law requires that unclaimed remains from the medical examiner's office and hospitals go to the state anatomy board for medical research and then cremation or burial at no cost to families.

"I cannot for the life of me imagine why this isn't being emulated in multiple states," Fowler said, adding that Virginia is considering a similar practice.

"Otherwise you've got the medical examiner's office being saddled with these unclaimed bodies."

Fowler said most every state, like Oklahoma, retains small amounts of tissue on small slides and through other means that can be used later, particularly with unidentified remains. Oklahoma had four unidentified, unclaimed remains on hand last week.

Among the wide-ranging state laws governing the way medical examiner's offices handle unclaimed bodies, Washington State legally requires each funeral home to take care of unclaimed bodies for a flat fee set by the county, Fowler said.

New Mexico, Maryland and Arkansas medical examiner's offices said unclaimed remains can be an issue because of the space they take up.

The Arkansas medical examiner tries to work quickly to gather all evidence from the body and contact a county judge to order the county to pick up the body for cremation.

New Mexico's medical examiner is legally allowed, after a month, to send unclaimed bodies to the county for burial or cremation, but investigators typically spend years trying to locate families, operations director Amy Boule said.

In cases of bodies both unclaimed and unidentified, bits of DNA are saved and the remains eventually go to the National Museum of Anthropology for storage.

"We have some people who are pretty passionate about trying to get these people home," Boule said.

One body had been unidentified for 17 years and was sent to the museum. But when investigators hit on a DNA match, the museum returned her bones to her family.

Paying for storage

While the district attorney is trying to arrange to move Cheyenne Wolf's remains, a family is paying to keep their daughter's remains in the medical examiner's office.

On the anniversary of the release of an autopsy report ruling their daughter's death a homicide, Susan and David Deviney sent the Oklahoma medical examiner's office $200.

The check was for two years' storage fees for the office to keep the remains of their daughter Sheila Deviney.

She was found six years ago burned to death in her Maysville trailer home in south-central Oklahoma.

Her homicide case is still active, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

Susan Deviney said the state hadn't asked for a storage fee until this year, the fifth year of storage.

"We were told if there's no movement on the homicide case, her remains would be destroyed. We got very, very upset," Deviney said.

Ballard said the office set the five-year time frame and state law allows the office to charge $100 per year for storage.

"When it comes to a human's life, it's like they don't care," Deviney said. "It's almost like they're saying, 'You've lost your puppy dog. Just go home and get a new puppy dog.' I can't have a new daughter."

But Ballard said the office gets 30,000 tissue samples every year and currently has 11,000 samples in storage.

"We don't want to add any burden or any more grief to families. We just don't have room to store samples forever," Ballard said.

Uncommon practice

Charging for storage is apparently not common. Several medical examiners' offices reacted with surprise when told that Oklahoma charges for body tissue storage.

Boule, of New Mexico, said the office doesn't charge families for items involving any cases under their jurisdiction.

"There's no charge to families for anything," Boule said.

Missouri and Arkansas medical examiners said the same.

"If we retain anything from the body for evidentiary purposes, that is incumbent on the crime laboratory to do that. We don't charge for those. As a matter of fact we don't charge any fees associated with the case," said Kermit Channell, Arkansas State Crime Laboratory director.

Fowler, the Maryland medical examiner who also represents the national association, said there may be a legitimate reason to try to recover costs but the onus for unsolved homicide tissues would rest with the state.

Oklahoma's charge to families, though, "I've never heard of that," Fowler said.

http://newsok.com/cheyenne-wolfs-body-remains-in-storage-at-medical-examiners-office/article/3496468

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.