March 19, 2024, 02:41:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #2 7/10/09 - 7/28/09  (Read 657917 times)
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1500 on: July 27, 2009, 01:30:16 PM »

i think lindsey's mom is right that someone knows something and is covering something up. so many times, the family members of a perp will have an odd feeling that something is off but they dont put 2 and 2 together, or, their brain doesn't allow them to make the connection and admit that a loved one could be involved in the commission of a crime because the truth can be too much for some people.  and yes, there are others that know a loved one is involved and feel totally comfortable covering for them.  i am wondering who worked at the store in elma where lindsey sometimes worked that she would recognize.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1501 on: July 27, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »

i think lindsey's mom is right that someone knows something and is covering something up. so many times, the family members of a perp will have an odd feeling that something is off but they dont put 2 and 2 together, or, their brain doesn't allow them to make the connection and admit that a loved one could be involved in the commission of a crime because the truth can be too much for some people.  and yes, there are others that know a loved one is involved and feel totally comfortable covering for them.  i am wondering who worked at the store in elma where lindsey sometimes worked that she would recognize.

Or a frequent shopper at that store that she had talked to before, and recognized.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1502 on: July 27, 2009, 01:36:18 PM »

Or a frequent shopper at that store that she had talked to before, and recognized. Did her Mom work at this dollar store?  How did she get involved in working there?  Was it just volunteer, or was she paid? 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1503 on: July 27, 2009, 01:38:49 PM »

Does anyone know why KaraK quit posting?

apparently it was because people were digging up info on her family that she wasn't comfortable being out in the open b/c her kids and their friends started reading these blogs

I was told a different reason, so probably a combination of things.  Can't blame her really.  I'd hate to be her on these forums if I were this close to a case.  You know we all looked at her etc, which is understandable, but still, it has to be hard to read that and not want to tell us off LOL  I think I would have, but she didn't.  And there were other reasons.  But for the most part I would think for "HER" it was best she quit posting on the forums.  Of course WE want to hear everything she says and we want to ask her tons of questions(pointed ones too, and believe me I asked some also, even emailed and flat out asked her), but she was nice about it and answered me.  I think no matter what she said, when she got mixed up, or it didn't fall in line with what someone said etc, it was really starting to look bad.  And then you have the fact the police might not have wanted her on the boards saying anything.  I think it was a combination of ALL the above.  I am glad she was here for the time she was and glad she answered my questions which were sometimes almost to the point of accusing her of knowing something etc, but it helped me out a lot to understand things when she did answer me, rather than for me to try to dig up a bunch of info to decide if what I thought might be true or not.  So I think Kara is in a very very very hard position and she is trying to deal with this stuff the best she can, and the truth be, she is getting a LOT of crap over it, not just from the boards but people everywhere are not trying to help her with the things she is trying to do which might help find lindsey.  I suppose she might not even want people to know this but I am saying it anyway... And she can get on here and gripe at me for it if she wants or email me a nasty email etc, but... the truth is there are people in McCleary who seem to be trying to stop her from doing the things she needs to do to help find lindsey.  Now WHY would people do that?  I have no idea, but some people are treating her like crap.  One of the reasons why we don't see any private searches or a search center is because there are some people who seem to not want to help, to the point of purposely NOT allowing the help.  GRRRRRRR.... I don't know why that is, but it is. 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1504 on: July 27, 2009, 01:47:38 PM »

apparently it was because people were digging up info on her family that she wasn't comfortable being out in the open b/c her kids and their friends started reading these blogs

I was told a different reason, so probably a combination of things.  Can't blame her really.  I'd hate to be her on these forums if I were this close to a case.  You know we all looked at her etc, which is understandable, but still, it has to be hard to read that and not want to tell us off LOL  I think I would have, but she didn't.  And there were other reasons.  But for the most part I would think for "HER" it was best she quit posting on the forums.  Of course WE want to hear everything she says and we want to ask her tons of questions(pointed ones too, and believe me I asked some also, even emailed and flat out asked her), but she was nice about it and answered me.  I think no matter what she said, when she got mixed up, or it didn't fall in line with what someone said etc, it was really starting to look bad.  And then you have the fact the police might not have wanted her on the boards saying anything.  I think it was a combination of ALL the above.  I am glad she was here for the time she was and glad she answered my questions which were sometimes almost to the point of accusing her of knowing something etc, but it helped me out a lot to understand things when she did answer me, rather than for me to try to dig up a bunch of info to decide if what I thought might be true or not.  So I think Kara is in a very very very hard position and she is trying to deal with this stuff the best she can, and the truth be, she is getting a LOT of crap over it, not just from the boards but people everywhere are not trying to help her with the things she is trying to do which might help find lindsey.  I suppose she might not even want people to know this but I am saying it anyway... And she can get on here and gripe at me for it if she wants or email me a nasty email etc, but... the truth is there are people in McCleary who seem to be trying to stop her from doing the things she needs to do to help find lindsey.  Now WHY would people do that?  I have no idea, but some people are treating her like crap.  One of the reasons why we don't see any private searches or a search center is because there are some people who seem to not want to help, to the point of purposely NOT allowing the help.  GRRRRRRR.... I don't know why that is, but it is. 

thanks for that post dd, i couldn't imagine being in the position of KK and i think it was best for HER to stop posting on the boards.. i find it very concerning that people are treating her like crap in the town and am not sure i'm comfortable speculating as to why, however its possible that some of the people blame her and think shes out of place trying to organize things, if i'm not mistaken she is also somewhat new to the town. i wish more people in town would realize that this is about a missing child and put all other issues/opinions aside.  i wonder who has the power to NOT allow the help? i do find it very odd that MB has not contacted texas eqqusearch after KK informed her about it.  At first I thought maybe there was a rift growing between mb and kk but then seeing pics of them together at the vigil i don't know.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1505 on: July 27, 2009, 01:52:34 PM »

From Yosande at WS(after listening to the talk radio show with Melissa):
Melissa stated:

two days before LIndsey went missing, a man was looking for a missing dog. It was legit, and he posted posters around town, but she used it as an opportunity to remind Lindsey of cautions.

MB said she showed Lindsey the SO website.

She wouldn't have gotten in a car with a stranger, she would have fought.

MB says someone knows something.

People know something.

She is concerned someone is covering for the perp.

MB said it was almost 11pm before it got dark that night.

She says her son is a wanderer.

LB was last seen at 9:20pm

She said Lindsey was aware of safety issues.

She said she told Lindsey to kick, fight, scream, if someone ever tried to abduct her.

She said Lindsey had slip on shoes on, and her shoes were not found.

Talking about a website called takeroot.org about adults who were abducted as children, and family members of abducted children.
http://www.takeroot.org/
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86992&page=7

Thanks, her son is a wanderer? Like a wanderer during the day and night? But even if Lindsey would have fought, she is still a young girl, and could be overpowered 
That's true,I thought the dog thing happening 2 days before Lindsey went missing was very interesting.
IMO Josh has a hard time staying focused.
What's really interesting is over at WS,a poster had posted some info/rumors about Josh threatening Lindsey and something about threatening to set something on fire.
But that post was edited and the setting fire part was removed but it sure did peek my interest.   
I'm wondering if Josh set something on fire and that was why he has a juvi record?I don't know if that would be a felony.....but maybe if what he set on fire was public property or someone's private property.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1506 on: July 27, 2009, 01:58:22 PM »

thanks for that post dd, i couldn't imagine being in the position of KK and i think it was best for HER to stop posting on the boards.. i find it very concerning that people are treating her like crap in the town and am not sure i'm comfortable speculating as to why, however its possible that some of the people blame her and think shes out of place trying to organize things, if i'm not mistaken she is also somewhat new to the town. i wish more people in town would realize that this is about a missing child and put all other issues/opinions aside.  i wonder who has the power to NOT allow the help? i do find it very odd that MB has not contacted texas eqqusearch after KK informed her about it.  At first I thought maybe there was a rift growing between mb and kk but then seeing pics of them together at the vigil i don't know.

I can't even begin to guess what causes people in small towns to do what they do.  I have lived in several tiny towns.  Smallest had 2000 people so about like McCleary.  What I do know of towns like this everyone knows everything, and the gossip line is 24/7.  It never stops.  So if someone gets mad at you or just is a busy body, then call so and so and then on it goes, then it goes to the churches and then they gossip too, and if you do anything at all someone else does not like, they lie, then on it goes, then if they EVER find out ONE thing about you or about someone you are related to then you become the worst person on the face of the earth.  And she has lived there 6 months, so she is a target for gossip.  so if the old multi-generational locals happens not to like her or melissa or one of the kids, they will sit and do this stuff just to be mean. ugh.  I saw it all the time where I have lived.  It's like people have nothing better to do than sit around and gossip and try to run the other person in the ground.  Missing child or not, some people just still do it or won't help because of it. 

To find me:
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1507 on: July 27, 2009, 02:00:16 PM »

I wonder since the Baum's and KaraK's families were fairly new to the area, they are considered "outsiders?" I know that Melissa had some ties, but she had been gone for years. Did KaraK have some previous ties to the area?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1508 on: July 27, 2009, 02:01:28 PM »

one more thing I want to say.... and I also believe there are people "for whatever reason" do not want to get INVOLVED.  now that is the scarey one.

To find me:
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1509 on: July 27, 2009, 02:02:21 PM »

KaraK has been real busy trying to get a search center up and running working with some people from the Laura Recovery Center. They thought they had secured a location and the person/company that offered to donate the space for the command center, pulled out at the last minute. So they are scrambling to try and find some office space or some location space to be donated to run searches from. They are not having any luck. Sad

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1510 on: July 27, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »

okay back to looking at all the so's all of you dug up.  I'll be busy but I am still reading here.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1511 on: July 27, 2009, 02:04:19 PM »

KaraK has been real busy trying to get a search center up and running working with some people from the Laura Recovery Center. They thought they had secured a location and the person/company that offered to donate the space for the command center, pulled out at the last minute. So they are scrambling to try and find some office space or some location space to be donated to run searches from. They are not having any luck. Sad

EXACTLY... and why is no one helping with this is my question... gee a child is missing and people are deciding not to help.  GRRRRRRRR

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1512 on: July 27, 2009, 02:11:13 PM »

I just want to know why no one is helping!!!!  we need a MEAN LOOK button GRRRRR 

seriously why is no one helping with this?  what is wrong with people.  Lindsey could still be alive and out somewhere with these monsterous people/person, going through who knows what, and people are sitting around thinking well maybe it is better they don't get involved  WTH !!!  let it be their child and see how they would feel.  This is about Lindsey getting some help, NOT KARA... I don't know why people are not helping her, who cares what the reason is for not helping KARA< but can't they see beyond that and help LINDSEY.  If I lived up there I would go kick some (^(^(@yohhyh@(t(t%(@*^r*_ ABOUT NOW.  grrr..
sorry but I have known about this for some time and I am just plain furious that SOME people will act like this.

okay I 'm not saying anymore about this, I am just straight up MAD

To find me:
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1513 on: July 27, 2009, 02:12:05 PM »

just a note, fire setting can be a sign of sexual abuse in children. i have seen it a lot in my line of work.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1514 on: July 27, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »

just a note, fire setting can be a sign of sexual abuse in children. i have seen it a lot in my line of work.

It would be interesting to see what was set on fire. I am wondering if it was something of Lindsay's?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1515 on: July 27, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »

I am mad about so many things in this case. i wish i lived closer so i could be more helpful. ugh. i also feel like from what i've heard karak has been more active in trying to help find lindsey than mb has, but i could be wrong.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1516 on: July 27, 2009, 02:18:10 PM »

I just want to know why no one is helping!!!!  we need a MEAN LOOK button GRRRRR 

seriously why is no one helping with this?  what is wrong with people.  Lindsey could still be alive and out somewhere with these monsterous people/person, going through who knows what, and people are sitting around thinking well maybe it is better they don't get involved  WTH !!!  let it be their child and see how they would feel.  This is about Lindsey getting some help, NOT KARA... I don't know why people are not helping her, who cares what the reason is for not helping KARA< but can't they see beyond that and help LINDSEY.  If I lived up there I would go kick some (^(^(@yohhyh@(t(t%(@*^r*_ ABOUT NOW.  grrr..
sorry but I have known about this for some time and I am just plain furious that SOME people will act like this.

okay I 'm not saying anymore about this, I am just straight up MAD

DD ... I believe the residence of McCleary suspect what happened to Lindsey Baum but are not as outspoken in their suspicions as a former Mccleary residence.

IMO.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1517 on: July 27, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »

Above post.

residence s/b residents

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1518 on: July 27, 2009, 02:19:28 PM »

there are all kinds of empty buildings in that town, just sitting there vacant.  why won't someone let them use one?  heck how much is the cost to rent one.  Can't everyone pitch in a dollar even to rent a building.  good lord

ok I promise, I am going to work on the SO list now and get off this subject, it is making me someone I don't want to be.

To find me:
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1519 on: July 27, 2009, 02:20:59 PM »

I had seen that post that Karma was talking about from WS. And I wondered if that may be why the boy was in trouble because of something like that. When I was a kid the people across the street their youngest son was always playing around with matches. Just to throw this out there, could it be that some of the people don't want to help is because they don't like the Baum family, maybe because of something that one of the kids or the mom did? That kind of thing spreads fast through a small town, and it's wrong that someone doesn't want to help because of perhaps a grievance with the family, but that doesn't surprise me at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.