March 18, 2024, 10:32:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #2 7/10/09 - 7/28/09  (Read 657873 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: July 20, 2009, 07:30:44 AM »

Thank you Scandi

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #641 on: July 20, 2009, 08:33:26 AM »

Please,if anyone knows Scandi from WS,could you ask her to post that ORV park info she posted at WS?Please?

Hi Karma,  It has been a very eventful and exciting Sunday to say the least.  Even if the info we learned today is not all about Lindsey, we learned that the investigation seems to be alive.  The townspeople of McCleary are eager for Lindsey to be found and of course hope she is still alive.

I say that because of the 2 searches we learned about today, both in McCleary and in the morning hours, one up on Larson by the RR tracks a bit north of where it is possible some evidence was found and that is not confirmed.  It's just out there for now.  Then the team of the GHC Sheriff's who together with searchers started early this morning, saying nothing but walking up into Capitol Forest from the parking area which is close to the office at the entrance.

I actually was stuck there allot of the day catching up on new posts, but came tonight to see what's up like I often do, and get some help to find a certain SO with about 5 driving related offenses, maybe DUI's.

I belong to both forums and am fine with your bringing my post over here as it was done the right way.  And I must say even tho there are the 2 sites, with many members belonging to both, the long and the short of it is about finding Lindsey.  Any time I can tickle a brain to learn more I will.  We all will.  It is what Sleuthers do.

The locals are all devoted to Lindsey's being found, and today Gailrene got us all excited about the caretaker of the ORV park having been fired about a week ago and that LE took his computer and there might be an ongoing search. Then another dear poster said, hey, someone should drive out to the ORV park and see what's up.  Since I am 2 hours away and only a minute away by phone I decided to call instead and am glad I did.  Working together is not about taking credit.  It is about trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together so they all fall into place and that hopefully leads to doing our part in trying to find whoever is missing.

I wrote that long post in stages, posting then adding more info from my notes so posters could read it as I wrote it.  So I think there is more I wrote than is posted here.  I'll see what isn't here and post it tomoz.

Who knows if this caretaker just let go is our perp.  New things are being learned which might point to someone else.  That is why I hope if anyone knows of someone with 5 or so DUI's that would have the means to be in McCleary on a Fri nite, pass it on.  It might be nothing.  It might be everything!   Out of respect to other posters I can't bring their info over here and I'm sure you understand.

xox

Thank you Scandi
I did try my best to give credit to any poster on any forum because like you said,it's all about finding answers and possible leads to what happened to a missing person.I do enjoy all of your posts here and at WS.
 ps....you gonna wear that bunny suit till Easter 2010?
lol....it's waaaay too hot for that!

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #642 on: July 20, 2009, 09:47:55 AM »

I know I'm probably gonna get nanners thrown at me BUT I am still hanging on the wall by my fingernails everytime KaraK posts something.  What about her husband/boyfriend whom ever he is?  I just think there was time for him/them to do something to LB.  We can't just dismiss them.  We must look at everyone right?  How come he was never gone over?  KaraK answers any and all questions at any time and I appreciate that but I just doesn't sit right with me.  Anyone else?
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #643 on: July 20, 2009, 10:12:32 AM »

Someone, anyone, give me the benefit of the doubt and do some searching and looking into the KaraK situation.  Where are they from, why, how long a resident?  We do anyone else the same way but not them, why?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #644 on: July 20, 2009, 10:13:51 AM »

Originally Posted by cyberswept 
Ok guys, where to begin. First I am going to report what I was told today and how it came about. It's up to you as to whether you take it as hearsay or not. However, I believe this person for what that is worth.

My 5 year old was playing with the 5 year old next door today. His sister came over and was talking to my wife earlier and mentioned Lindsey's case. So later this evening I caught up with her and couldn't resist asking questions. Here are the details of what we talked about.

First, the person I talked to is an 11 year old schoolmate and friend of Lindsey. We'll call her Shel.

She confirmed that Lindsey goes to McCleary School with her and that she has gone there the whole time she has lived here.

Shel has been told that Lindsey's sweatshirt jacket and a flipflop of hers was found, but not reported in the media. They were not found together. The jacket was a little ways from the flipflop that was found in some bushes behind the shell station. From where the flipflop was found was just about in sight of Lindsey's home and they speculated that she was being chased and lost the flipflop while trying to hide from someone. The sweatshirt jacket may have come off during a schuffle. (My opinion).

So then I asked: Do they have any suspects? She said they had 1 local that is a person of interest. She didn't have a name, darn it. So then I asked if he was a SO. She said no, but he had been arrested for drunk driving 5 times. (Sound like anyone we know?)

I also asked her about the pool. Shel said the pool she was in that day was just a kiddy pool and they were all just playing and splashing. She has seen the pool. If that is the case, then chlorine would not have been an issue.

Lindsey's relationship with her father only started recently. She mentioned she hadn't seen her father in 10 years which would be pretty much her whole life. She mentioned she did get to see her father not too long ago, but whether he was here or she went there wasn't clear.

I asked if Lindsey ever talked about the ORV park, or riding motorcycles and she said she never mentioned it or knew of her being associated with that.

As of work being done off of tips, she said they have been searching peoples basements and searching the wooded areas around more. More like spot checking though. She mentioned that airplanes have been searching over the area too. Although I haven't heard but maybe one recently.

Shel has been over to Lindsey's before and gave me some interesting info on the Lindsey's brother, however, I don't know since he is a juvenile, what I can report here. She told me about his behavior and some of his threats that she has been witness too. She says the brother scares her.

She mentioned there have been reports that Lindsey was located. Once in some sewer and then another location, but they proved to be false. However, that could have triggered some LE activity and might explain some of that.

I wanted to ask her more, but felt I had gotten a lot from her and wanted to report to my websleuth friends.                ((From WS, thought this was quite interesting to say the least. Drunk driving five times, anyone know who this is? ))
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: July 20, 2009, 10:14:53 AM »

Someone, anyone, give me the benefit of the doubt and do some searching and looking into the KaraK situation.  Where are they from, why, how long a resident?  We do anyone else the same way but not them, why?
I don't trust anyone     Look at my post from WS from a local, interesting.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: July 20, 2009, 10:21:07 AM »

Pradon me, but I have to rely on Blink and the Monkeys to do all my thinking...who has multiple DUI's?  The guy fired from the park, KaraK's man or SO mentioned before.  HELP!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: July 20, 2009, 10:25:30 AM »

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/sheriff/JailRegisters/InmateDetail.asp?SrchNameNo=51705
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: July 20, 2009, 10:30:02 AM »

Thank you.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: July 20, 2009, 10:30:36 AM »

Thank you.
I'm hoping someone has a picture of him.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: July 20, 2009, 10:36:42 AM »

Off to work, bbl my smart friends!
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #651 on: July 20, 2009, 10:53:09 AM »

Originally Posted by cyberswept 
Ok guys, where to begin. First I am going to report what I was told today and how it came about. It's up to you as to whether you take it as hearsay or not. However, I believe this person for what that is worth.

My 5 year old was playing with the 5 year old next door today. His sister came over and was talking to my wife earlier and mentioned Lindsey's case. So later this evening I caught up with her and couldn't resist asking questions. Here are the details of what we talked about.

First, the person I talked to is an 11 year old schoolmate and friend of Lindsey. We'll call her Shel.

She confirmed that Lindsey goes to McCleary School with her and that she has gone there the whole time she has lived here.

Shel has been told that Lindsey's sweatshirt jacket and a flipflop of hers was found, but not reported in the media. They were not found together. The jacket was a little ways from the flipflop that was found in some bushes behind the shell station. From where the flipflop was found was just about in sight of Lindsey's home and they speculated that she was being chased and lost the flipflop while trying to hide from someone. The sweatshirt jacket may have come off during a schuffle. (My opinion).

So then I asked: Do they have any suspects? She said they had 1 local that is a person of interest. She didn't have a name, darn it. So then I asked if he was a SO. She said no, but he had been arrested for drunk driving 5 times. (Sound like anyone we know?)

I also asked her about the pool. Shel said the pool she was in that day was just a kiddy pool and they were all just playing and splashing. She has seen the pool. If that is the case, then chlorine would not have been an issue.

Lindsey's relationship with her father only started recently. She mentioned she hadn't seen her father in 10 years which would be pretty much her whole life. She mentioned she did get to see her father not too long ago, but whether he was here or she went there wasn't clear.

I asked if Lindsey ever talked about the ORV park, or riding motorcycles and she said she never mentioned it or knew of her being associated with that.

As of work being done off of tips, she said they have been searching peoples basements and searching the wooded areas around more. More like spot checking though. She mentioned that airplanes have been searching over the area too. Although I haven't heard but maybe one recently.

Shel has been over to Lindsey's before and gave me some interesting info on the Lindsey's brother, however, I don't know since he is a juvenile, what I can report here. She told me about his behavior and some of his threats that she has been witness too. She says the brother scares her.

She mentioned there have been reports that Lindsey was located. Once in some sewer and then another location, but they proved to be false. However, that could have triggered some LE activity and might explain some of that.

I wanted to ask her more, but felt I had gotten a lot from her and wanted to report to my websleuth friends.                ((From WS, thought this was quite interesting to say the least. Drunk driving five times, anyone know who this is? ))

KaraK said she started school someplace else (Elma I think) and then started going to McCleary. She also said that until the divorce and moving that Lindsey did have a relationship with her dad.

Who knows.   ::shrugs::

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #652 on: July 20, 2009, 11:03:26 AM »

Goodmorning Monkeys,
Just thought I would drop by before getting ready for work .  I hope today is the day for finding Lindsey. And may the angels protect all the other children who will face abuse today. an angelic monkey

traci
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: July 20, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »

That's right who knows, at this point I have no idea what is rumor or truth, just thought that was interesting what was being talked about 
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #654 on: July 20, 2009, 11:11:41 AM »

----------

Lindsey was not wearing a sweatshirt or jacket either. Nor flip flops.

She was wearing a light blue lightweight pullover shirt that had a hood and black cloth tennis shoe slip ons.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #655 on: July 20, 2009, 11:15:04 AM »

That's right who knows, at this point I have no idea what is rumor or truth, just thought that was interesting what was being talked about 

It is interesting, I agree. They could get their facts straight though, if they are going to gossip. LOL!

Wink

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #656 on: July 20, 2009, 11:18:33 AM »

I know I'm probably gonna get nanners thrown at me BUT I am still hanging on the wall by my fingernails everytime KaraK posts something.  What about her husband/boyfriend whom ever he is?  I just think there was time for him/them to do something to LB.  We can't just dismiss them.  We must look at everyone right?  How come he was never gone over?  KaraK answers any and all questions at any time and I appreciate that but I just doesn't sit right with me.  Anyone else?

LE has checked him out. He volunteered for a lie detector test and LE has said they were "comfortable" with his answers. They said the same about Lindsey's mom test.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: July 20, 2009, 11:37:32 AM »

In the process of elimination ... I believe that EVERYBODY known to have had a contact with Lindsey Baum in the last two hours of their lives should be a focus in the investigation in regards to a person of interest.

However ... considering the witness observation places Lindsey Baum within minutes of arriving home ... I suspect that something back happened to her withing the last two blocks of her ten minute journey home or ... something happened to her when she arrived home.

IMO

Janet

++++++++

1.  Melissa Baum and Scott Williams volunteered to take a polygraphy and ... according to Sheriff Scott ... they both passed.

Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott

KOMO News – July 2, 2009

The missing girl's mother, who wanted avoid becoming the center of the investigation, voluntarily took a polygraph test. The father of the girl's best friend, Scott Williams, also volunteered to take the test.

"At their requests polygraphs were given to them. They passed those polygraphs. We're comfortable with the information they've shared with us and comfortable with the timeline they've explained," said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott.

http://www.komonews.com/news/49651607.html

2.  A neighbour who witnessed Lindsey Baum around 9:30 PM at Sixth and Maple ... two blocks from her home ... on the night she disappeared.  This would affirm Kara Kampen and Scott William's contention that Lindsey left their home between 9:15PM and 9:30PM for her ten minute walk home.

Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott

ABC News – June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

3.  The neighbour's observation would would affirm Kara Kampen and Scott William's contention that Lindsey left their home between 9:15PM and 9:30PM for her ten minute walk home.

Kara Kampen/Scott Williams

The Daily World - July 3, 2009

McCLEARY — Kara Kampen said she thought nothing of it when Lindsey Baum walked out of her house at about 9:15 p.m. last Friday.

http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

KOMO News - June 28, 2009

Lindsey was going to walk the four blocks to her home on Mommsen Road, which is roughly a 10-minute walk. But something happened in that short distance - Lindsey never arrived home ...

The friend's father, Scott Williams, said he asked Lindsey to go home before it got too dark.

"She was here 10, 15 minutes, and then, you know, we said, 'You should probably get going before it gets dark,' and that was the last we heard of her," he said.

Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

Kara Kampen
Re: Lindsey Baum #2
« Reply #532 on: July 16, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »

I say she left around 9:15 my old man says it was closer to 9:30 an eye witness who lives on my street says she saw her heading home between 9:20 and 9:45.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5627.msg879879#msg879879

4.  Kara Kampen contends that her Michaela watched Lindsey for a short period of time after she left on foot for home.

Kara Kampen

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #992 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

When Lindsey left my house she headed down maple street - my daughter watched her until the neighbors trees got in the way that would have been before she hit the corner of 7th and Maple.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342;topicseen#msg864342

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: July 20, 2009, 11:50:33 AM »

----------

Lindsey was not wearing a sweatshirt or jacket either. Nor flip flops.

She was wearing a light blue lightweight pullover shirt that had a hood and black cloth tennis shoe slip ons.

Endangered Missing
LINDSEY BAUM

... She was last seen leaving a friend's house on the evening of June 26, 2009. Lindsey was last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1125977&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

The Daily Word - June 27, 2009

Lindsey Baum, who was wearing a hooded sweatshirt that was either gray or blue, jeans and black sneakers, was walking from her friend’s house on Maple Street to her own home on Mommsen Road, a four-block distance, and was last seen at about 9:15 p.m., said Sgt. Ed Patrick with the Grays Harbor Sheriffs Office.

++++++

My understanding is that "The Daily World" now charges $5.00 for one day access to articles.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: July 20, 2009, 12:01:35 PM »

According to media accounts ... Lindsey Baum was not wearing flip flops.

Janet

+++++++

Police search for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum
July 1, 2009 by: Express

Lindsey is described as 4-foot 9-inches tall and 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a grey pullover hoodie with blue jeans and black shoes.

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2009/07/police-search-for-10-year-old-lindsey-baum/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.