March 19, 2024, 01:32:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #2 7/10/09 - 7/28/09  (Read 657902 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #660 on: July 20, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »

According to media accounts ... Lindsey Baum was not wearing flip flops.

Janet

+++++++

Police search for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum
July 1, 2009 by: Express

Lindsey is described as 4-foot 9-inches tall and 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a grey pullover hoodie with blue jeans and black shoes.

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2009/07/police-search-for-10-year-old-lindsey-baum/

I thought they were somekind of shoe that would be easy to come off in case of a struggle   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: July 20, 2009, 12:15:50 PM »

Janet

+++++++

Lindsey is described as 4-foot 9-inches tall and 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a grey pullover hoodie with blue jeans and black shoes.

I thought they were somekind of shoe that would be easy to come off in case of a struggle   

Good Morning No Rose Colored Glasses

According to Sheriff Scott ...

The Daily Word - June 27, 2009

Lindsey Baum, who was wearing a hooded sweatshirt that was either gray or blue, jeans and black sneakers, was walking from her friend’s house on Maple Street to her own home on Mommsen Road, a four-block distance, and was last seen at about 9:15 p.m., said Sgt. Ed Patrick with the Grays Harbor Sheriffs Office.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: July 20, 2009, 12:18:43 PM »

Thanks, then I wonder where the flip flops came from? So if there was a struggle, which I personally don't believe, it would be much harder for that type of shoe to fall off.  Good Morning.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: July 20, 2009, 12:19:34 PM »

Janet

+++++++

Good Morning No Rose Colored Glasses

According to Sheriff Scott ...

The Daily Word - June 27, 2009

Lindsey Baum, who was wearing a hooded sweatshirt that was either gray or blue, jeans and black sneakers, was walking from her friend’s house on Maple Street to her own home on Mommsen Road, a four-block distance, and was last seen at about 9:15 p.m., said Sgt. Ed Patrick with the Grays Harbor Sheriffs Office.

However ... the Lindsey Baum website states the following ...

LINDSEY BAUM
MISSING FROM McCLEARY WASHINGTON

Lindsey was last seen leaving a friend's house on the evening of June 26, 2009.
She was wearing a hooded pullover shirt, blue jeans, and black slip on shoes.

http://www.lindseybaum.com/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #664 on: July 20, 2009, 12:19:44 PM »

It was explained that the media got the shirt wrong, calling it a sweatshirt because of it being a "hoodie". It was actually a lightweight pullover shirt with a hood.

Here is the new poster via http://www.lindseybaum.com
website.

http://www.lindseybaum.com/lindseyflyer.jpg

direct link in case anyone wants to post it to their facebook page or other blogs etc.

http://fbook.me/lindseybaum

is the facebook page started by friends/family

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: July 20, 2009, 12:21:30 PM »

Well, there are sneakers and there are sneakers.  There are some that slip on, some that tie, some that velcro, some that tie or slip on and are backless etc.  To me, sneaker is a very general term.  JMHO  Tennis shoes, jogging shoes, trainers....

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #666 on: July 20, 2009, 12:25:42 PM »

Now slip ons could be like those canvas deck shoe slip ons or "clog-like" slips on that look like tennis shoes.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: July 20, 2009, 12:38:06 PM »

Now slip ons could be like those canvas deck shoe slip ons or "clog-like" slips on that look like tennis shoes.

This summer each my four eldest grandkids (6-11) all wear a type of slip-on clog made made of foam rubber.  Four different colors but ... no black.  Personally ... I would never refer to these shoes as "sneakers".  However ... I am often told by family members that I am "out of the loop" in regards to style.

Janet       

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: July 20, 2009, 12:41:02 PM »

This summer each my four eldest grandkids (6-11) all wear a type of slip-on clog made made of foam rubber.  Four different colors but ... no black.  Personally ... I would never refer to these shoes as "sneakers".  However ... I am often told by family members that I am "out of the loop" in regards to style.

Janet       

When I think about it ... these "clogs" worn by my grandkids could be considered modified "flip flops".

IMO

Janet

_____

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #669 on: July 20, 2009, 12:43:25 PM »

Please,if anyone knows Scandi from WS,could you ask her to post that ORV park info she posted at WS?Please?

Hi Karma,  It has been a very eventful and exciting Sunday to say the least.  Even if the info we learned today is not all about Lindsey, we learned that the investigation seems to be alive.  The townspeople of McCleary are eager for Lindsey to be found and of course hope she is still alive.

I say that because of the 2 searches we learned about today, both in McCleary and in the morning hours, one up on Larson by the RR tracks a bit north of where it is possible some evidence was found and that is not confirmed.  It's just out there for now.  Then the team of the GHC Sheriff's who together with searchers started early this morning, saying nothing but walking up into Capitol Forest from the parking area which is close to the office at the entrance.

I actually was stuck there allot of the day catching up on new posts, but came tonight to see what's up like I often do, and get some help to find a certain SO with about 5 driving related offenses, maybe DUI's.

I belong to both forums and am fine with your bringing my post over here as it was done the right way.  And I must say even tho there are the 2 sites, with many members belonging to both, the long and the short of it is about finding Lindsey.  Any time I can tickle a brain to learn more I will.  We all will.  It is what Sleuthers do.

The locals are all devoted to Lindsey's being found, and today Gailrene got us all excited about the caretaker of the ORV park having been fired about a week ago and that LE took his computer and there might be an ongoing search. Then another dear poster said, hey, someone should drive out to the ORV park and see what's up.  Since I am 2 hours away and only a minute away by phone I decided to call instead and am glad I did.  Working together is not about taking credit.  It is about trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together so they all fall into place and that hopefully leads to doing our part in trying to find whoever is missing.

I wrote that long post in stages, posting then adding more info from my notes so posters could read it as I wrote it.  So I think there is more I wrote than is posted here.  I'll see what isn't here and post it tomoz.

Who knows if this caretaker just let go is our perp.  New things are being learned which might point to someone else.  That is why I hope if anyone knows of someone with 5 or so DUI's that would have the means to be in McCleary on a Fri nite, pass it on.  It might be nothing.  It might be everything!   Out of respect to other posters I can't bring their info over here and I'm sure you understand.

xox

Thank you Scandi
I did try my best to give credit to any poster on any forum because like you said,it's all about finding answers and possible leads to what happened to a missing person.I do enjoy all of your posts here and at WS.
 ps....you gonna wear that bunny suit till Easter 2010?
lol....it's waaaay too hot for that!

LOL, I am about dying from heat prostration and tinight will have to mosey over and find a new outfit.  It's going to be in the mid-90's here today in Portland so it's hot all over.

Thanks Karma, I always enjoy reading your posts too!  xox
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: July 20, 2009, 12:49:07 PM »

Man suspected in Tacoma rape attempts arrested

03:59 PM PDT on Sunday, July 19, 2009
TACOMA, Wash. - Tacoma Police have arrested a man suspected of attacking two women earlier this week.

Authorities say they received a tip that Earl Lee Sherrod was at the Olympus Hotel in downtown Tacoma. They arrested him as he came out of the hotel elevator.

The 53-year-old is accused in two separate robberies. One was caught on surveillance video.

In both cases, the alleged victims say Sherrod held a knife to them and threatened to kidnap and rape them.

Both women got away unharmed

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_071909WAB-sherrod-arrested-SW.587129af.html
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #671 on: July 20, 2009, 12:58:27 PM »

Man suspected in Tacoma rape attempts arrested

03:59 PM PDT on Sunday, July 19, 2009
TACOMA, Wash. - Tacoma Police have arrested a man suspected of attacking two women earlier this week.

Authorities say they received a tip that Earl Lee Sherrod was at the Olympus Hotel in downtown Tacoma. They arrested him as he came out of the hotel elevator.

The 53-year-old is accused in two separate robberies. One was caught on surveillance video.

In both cases, the alleged victims say Sherrod held a knife to them and threatened to kidnap and rape them.

Both women got away unharmed

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_071909WAB-sherrod-arrested-SW.587129af.html
Tacoma is about 50 plus miles from McLeary.  Not a likely connection in my book. These were women also, not children IMO

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: July 20, 2009, 02:44:09 PM »

O/T the remains of Victoria Stafford from Woodstock ON may have been found.  Please take the time to light a candle to remember Tori.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Tori
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: July 20, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »

i just read something at WS that i think is interesting involving kara k, but i dont know if im allowed to post it here and do not want to break any forum rules.  is it ok if i post it if i put the link up?  sorry i am kinda new to this and i dont want to get in trouble or post something im not supposed to
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: July 20, 2009, 04:04:22 PM »

i just read something at WS that i think is interesting involving kara k, but i dont know if im allowed to post it here and do not want to break any forum rules.  is it ok if i post it if i put the link up?  sorry i am kinda new to this and i dont want to get in trouble or post something im not supposed to
I just read that also, interesting.
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #675 on: July 20, 2009, 04:16:27 PM »

Earlier yesterday I believe someone asked Klassend and the reply said as long as you give credit and a link back to WS, it's okay.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #676 on: July 20, 2009, 04:21:52 PM »

okay here is the link and the post from cyberswept at WS..

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3974382&postcount=483

Guys I am posting this really fast to get it on the board while it's fresh in my memory, but I'll be gone for awhile. I wasn't planning on having any real new info to submit, just photos, but as life works in mysterious ways, read below.

Today I went down to the Shell station to get some pictures to help clear up some of what I had reported yesterday. I could hardly believe what happened next. It must have been fate. Guess who saw me taking pictures and walked up and introduced herself? Kara! (Kara as you recall is the mother of Lindsey's friend who sent her home that night.) So I introduced myself and told her where I lived and that I was taking pictures for a forum where we were discussing Lindsey's case. I told her there has been some speculation on the boards we were trying to clear up. She volunteered that she at first was blogging or posting on scaredmonkeys.com about the case, but later quit. (At least I think that is what she called the web site.) I wished I'd had a notepad with me, but I was totally unprepared for this chance encounter. The reason she stopped blogging/posting was because the kids were starting to read the forums and information about the family was coming out that they didn't want the kids to read. She did not elaborate on what that was and I didn't press her about it.

So needless to say I had a thousand questions. First off the hoodie and flipflops. She said they DID NOT find them as I was told by Shel last night. She said she thinks the confusion comes from the items the dogs were given to sniff.

So that lead to the next question, the scent trail. She said the dogs picked up her scent all over town because basically she in the previous days had been all over, so they don't give much credance to the scent information.

She said there was a text going around that they had found Lindsey's body. So many people believed it, they started taking down the posters for her. Kara said they are now trying to get those back up.

Kara said that herself and the woman from the Laura Recovery Center (can't remember her name, started with an A though) are told anytime the dogs go out searching and that they knew of no searches in the ORV park. However, they did say that LE was not being very cooperative with them.

I also asked about the other adults in the home. She said just her kids and boyfriend were there and not other adults as has been previously discussed.

So I asked about the pool too. It is NOT a kiddie pool like I reported last night. The pool they swam in is in a yard just SW of the shell station. It is one of the ones inflated with water that has the inflated ring on top. It looks to be about 12 to 15 ft in diameter and about 3 ft deep. The yard is very open. When I drove by I could see most of it. I did not drive around the block it was on because I needed to get back home and I was afraid I was going to forget all this info.

Some info on the woman from the Laura Recovery Center. She is from Oregon and her niece was taken in California some months ago. I think she said she is a volunteer here helping coordinate the search effort along with Kara. They are looking for a building or operations center here in McCleary. If anyone knows of one they can use, please let me know.

I would like to say that both Kara and the woman from the recovery center were very nice to talk to and they are trying to keep Lindsey's name out there and on people's lips. Don't think that will be a problem around here!

Oh. I asked about the camera's at the Shell Station. Kara said the one camera on top doesn't work and the other one is pointed straight at the pumps and doesn't even get all of them in the picture. Very poor system. She said nothing was on the tapes.

(I'll have to submit the pictures later. I don't have time to do it right now as wife wants to go to Costco and as a good husband, I am compelled to go. )

again, credit for that post goes to cyberswept from Websleuths:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3974382&postcount=483
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: July 20, 2009, 04:30:27 PM »

Thanks sunshine12    What is true and what isn't, this is really frustrating.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: July 20, 2009, 04:38:02 PM »

yes, something just didnt sit right with me when i read that...i wonder what info about her family was coming out that she didn't want her kids to read...i can totally understand not wanting your whole background exposed on the internet though

another thing, why didnt she say from the beginning that the dogs picked up lindsays scent all over town, i thought the private dogs that were brought in only picked it up on that one street?

i also thought she said herself that there were other people in the house besides her and her kids and husband, i have to go back and read through all the old posts..anyway, i am not trying to point fingers at all and am very grateful that karak did come on here to answer all of our questions, i just believe as most of us do that in the process of elimination everyone needs to be carefully looked at with a fine toothed comb and any contradicting statements need to be examined.. thanks again to cyberswept from WS for that info
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: July 20, 2009, 04:41:10 PM »

yes, something just didnt sit right with me when i read that...i wonder what info about her family was coming out that she didn't want her kids to read...i can totally understand not wanting your whole background exposed on the internet though

another thing, why didnt she say from the beginning that the dogs picked up lindsays scent all over town, i thought the private dogs that were brought in only picked it up on that one street?

i also thought she said herself that there were other people in the house besides her and her kids and husband, i have to go back and read through all the old posts..anyway, i am not trying to point fingers at all and am very grateful that karak did come on here to answer all of our questions, i just believe as most of us do that in the process of elimination everyone needs to be carefully looked at with a fine toothed comb and any contradicting statements need to be examined.. thanks again to cyberswept from WS for that info
Something doesn't sit right with me either, but it never did. To many conflicting stories 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.