March 19, 2024, 04:38:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #2 7/10/09 - 7/28/09  (Read 657947 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: July 14, 2009, 12:00:10 PM »

MCCLEARY: No new clues in case of missing 11-year-old
THE OLYMPIAN | • Published July 14, 2009

Authorities have no new clues in the search for missing 11-year-old Lindsey Baum of McCleary, whose parents appeared on CBS’ “The Early Show” Monday.

Lindsey disappeared the night of June 26 while walking home from a friend’s house. An extensive search involved local law enforcement, the FBI, and community members.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s office at 866-915-8299 or e-mail soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us.

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/909849.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: July 14, 2009, 12:02:32 PM »

REader comment:

quidnunc wrote on 07/14/2009 08:13:17 AM:
How very sad! I feel very strongly that had the Sheriff's office issued an Amber Alert, which was permissable as per the Amber Alert guidelines (rgardles of what THEY tell you!)there might have been a chance to find her. As it is, they have themselves to blame for botching this investigation and waiting so long to even have her posted as a missing person. Even TODAY on www.waspc.org the Missing Persons seb site there is NO PICUTRE OF LINDSEY!!! Why is that? At least there is finally one on the WSP site. I simply cannot understand the motivation behind waiting so long to take action. From the beginning it was obvious that she was not a runnaway or whatever else they tried to have us believe as a reason for inaction. Now, if it turns out that they actually knew something that they didin't want to diclose to the public, and that is why they took their time, then I might be able to understand, but I don't think that is the case.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #362 on: July 14, 2009, 12:09:01 PM »

REader comment:

quidnunc wrote on 07/14/2009 08:13:17 AM:
How very sad! I feel very strongly that had the Sheriff's office issued an Amber Alert, which was permissable as per the Amber Alert guidelines (rgardles of what THEY tell you!)there might have been a chance to find her. As it is, they have themselves to blame for botching this investigation and waiting so long to even have her posted as a missing person. Even TODAY on www.waspc.org the Missing Persons seb site there is NO PICUTRE OF LINDSEY!!! Why is that? At least there is finally one on the WSP site. I simply cannot understand the motivation behind waiting so long to take action. From the beginning it was obvious that she was not a runnaway or whatever else they tried to have us believe as a reason for inaction. Now, if it turns out that they actually knew something that they didin't want to diclose to the public, and that is why they took their time, then I might be able to understand, but I don't think that is the case.

Thanks   
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: July 14, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »

DD - keep doing what you are doing.  Lindsey needs to be found.

Saw this article this morning.  It's Tacoma but Tacoma isn't all that far from McCleary:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/topstories/story/809997.html

Kidnap suspect who tried to grab girls gets beating from two men

THE NEWS TRIBUNE
Last updated: July 14th, 2009 06:29 AM (PDT)

A drunken man who tried to kidnap two 5-year-old girls was beaten Saturday night by two bystanders who saw the attacks, Tacoma police said Monday.

Officers arrested the 45-year-old man on suspicion of trying to kidnap the girls, who had been playing with some other children in the 500 block of South L Street about 7 p.m.

Police said the man was walking on the sidewalk on L Street when he grabbed the first girl and tried to take her away. She kicked and got free of the man, who then tried to get another 5-year-old girl, police said. She, too, got away.

As the man tried to flee, two men who had been sitting in a nearby truck got out and severely beat the man, police reported. The two men and the drunken man then fled, police said.

The two girls told their parents what had happened, and officers found the first man in the 200 block of South J Street. He’d suffered a head injury and was stitched up at a local hospital before being booked into the Pierce County Jail on suspicion of attempted first-degree kidnapping.

Stacey Mulick, The News Tribune

although i don't think its ever a good idea to take the law in your own hands i still have to say to these two guys..

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: July 14, 2009, 12:18:06 PM »

Olympia is close as well:

Family seeks help finding missing Olympia girl, 15
Originally published Monday, May 18, 2009 at 10:34 AM

OLYMPIA — The family of a 15-year-old Olympia girl who has been missing since she ran away from a residential facility for at-risk teens April 24 seeks the public's help in finding her.

Susan Martinson said her daughter, Rebecca, has run away before, but she always called her family. Also, there has been no activity on her daughter's MySpace page since before she disappeared, she said.

"Before, she would always call," Susan Martinson said. "It may not have been a pleasant call, but she'd call. She hasn't this time. It's really scaring us."

Martinson said her daughter's friends don't know where she is, either.

"We're just concerned for her safety," she said.

Martinson said her daughter was an honors student at Olympia High School before she got involved in drugs. She added that her daughter needs medication, and as far as she knows, all she has are the clothes on her back.

"We want the best for her," she said, adding that it's OK if her daughter doesn't want to live at home, but she wants her to be in a safe place.

Rebecca Martinson is 5 feet, 3 inches tall and about 130 pounds. She has a piercing on her left bottom lip, and her nickname is Becca.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call the Olympia Police Department at 360-753-8300.

Link to images of Rebecca:  http://www.theolympian.com/topstories/v-standalone/story/852170.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2009233387_webmissinggirl18m.html
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #365 on: July 14, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »

just throwin' this out
Lindsey went to a college in TN for a writing camp....
most college students have cars...
did she make any friends during the camp?
if she were trying to get to TN to see dad maybe she contacted someone from the college???

concernedmommyinwa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #366 on: July 14, 2009, 12:23:31 PM »

Thank you klassend for approving my membership. I live in the next town over from McCleary, and have been reading your boards since Lindsey disappeared. Her disappearance struck a chord in my heart, because on June 20th, we buried a friends 12 year old daughter. This little girl was Kylie Ellis. She went missing on Dec. 1, 2008. She was listed as an endangered runaway, and it seems left at that until her body was found on June 1. My reason for registering is that while Kylie was missing, up until about March, she was spotted all over town. One of the places she was seen consistently for awhile was at a youth group at a church in Rainier WA. With all the digging you have done, and the connections that have been found with Wayne Watne, I felt I should get this information out there. Please keep up the great work you all do, and bring Lindsey home.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: July 14, 2009, 12:25:10 PM »

Thank you klassend for approving my membership. I live in the next town over from McCleary, and have been reading your boards since Lindsey disappeared. Her disappearance struck a chord in my heart, because on June 20th, we buried a friends 12 year old daughter. This little girl was Kylie Ellis. She went missing on Dec. 1, 2008. She was listed as an endangered runaway, and it seems left at that until her body was found on June 1. My reason for registering is that while Kylie was missing, up until about March, she was spotted all over town. One of the places she was seen consistently for awhile was at a youth group at a church in Rainier WA. With all the digging you have done, and the connections that have been found with Wayne Watne, I felt I should get this information out there. Please keep up the great work you all do, and bring Lindsey home.
what happened???

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #368 on: July 14, 2009, 12:30:01 PM »

WELCOME I'm very sorry about your friend's child Kylie, thanks for your info.
concernedmommyinwa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #369 on: July 14, 2009, 12:31:21 PM »

We aren't sure what happened. Kylie's death was classified as a freshwater drowning. We don't know if it is being investigated any further. The whole situation surrounding her disappearance is strange, confusing and sad. She had left a suicide note and her school books on the side of a canal. Then she was seen around town for 3 months by people who knew her. The sitings stopped in about March, and her body was found June 1. They sent divers in the canal, and tracking dogs came in when she first disappeared. The dogs tracked her back out the the area, so no one is sure what happened.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: July 14, 2009, 12:34:31 PM »

Welcome Concerned.  I am so sorry for your loss and pray that not another child is found in that way. 
sherip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #371 on: July 14, 2009, 12:36:58 PM »

the church on 3rd street in elma is
Northwest Life Center
one of the people preaching is none other than the uncle of michael feeser the sex offender

The Daily World – July 1, 2009-07-06

Wayne Watne of Evergreen Christian Community in Olympia and two other local ministers said prayers for Lindsey’s return. Watne took speakers from the assembled crowd. Friends of the family stepped up, taking turns expressing their hope and their pain.

http://**/articles/2009/07/01/local_news/doc4a4baa38c6082474655699

My bold above - Did Michael Feesers uncle happen to be one of them?

Also, someone posted earlier that they had called the Evergreen Christian Center in Olympia and had asked about their missionary/minister/member Wayne Watne and they (the church home office) had no idea who that was.   No record of a Wayne Watne.  I looked on the facebook accounts that the church lists on their website but Wayne Watne is not in that group - yet if you go to facebook you can find him.

He does not show up as a staff member of that church either.

Very Strange.

Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #372 on: July 14, 2009, 12:38:27 PM »

what happened???

snipped:

Hi Mamacrazy ~

"The body was fully intact and there were no obvious signs of trauma, said Sgt. Dave Odegaard from the Thurston County Sheriff's Office."

You can read the rest here: http://crimesearchersonline.com/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=3&sobi2Id=289&Itemid=29 (hope it's okay to link)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #373 on: July 14, 2009, 12:39:31 PM »

Good morning everyone. Great work by monkeys going on here.
I do recall reading about the Kylie case. BBL sorry, my fil has cancer and it is in the end stage. We have our hands full right now. I will be popping on and off.

Tracygirl, my thoughts and prayers  an angelic monkey
Mine too Tracygirl

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: July 14, 2009, 12:40:41 PM »

MASON COUNTY — Registered sex offender Andrew D. McQuilkin, 32, is now a transient in the Shelton area, according to the Mason County Sheriff's Office.

McQuilkin is under the state Department of Corrections' supervision. Because he is now homeless, he was upgraded from a Level 2 to a Level 3, classified as a high risk to re-offend.

He was convicted in 1989 of first-degree child rape in Mason County and in 2001 for second-degree child assault.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: July 14, 2009, 12:50:55 PM »

I have been looking at old articles in and around the area to see if there are other "runaways" so to speak etc.  This area has been troubled for some time and based on the low population I am    .  Take a look at this:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=982&dat=19990603&id=-x0WAAAAIBAJ&sjid=oRUEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1816,1037459
sherip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #376 on: July 14, 2009, 01:00:21 PM »

We aren't sure what happened. Kylie's death was classified as a freshwater drowning. We don't know if it is being investigated any further. The whole situation surrounding her disappearance is strange, confusing and sad. She had left a suicide note and her school books on the side of a canal. Then she was seen around town for 3 months by people who knew her. The sitings stopped in about March, and her body was found June 1. They sent divers in the canal, and tracking dogs came in when she first disappeared. The dogs tracked her back out the the area, so no one is sure what happened.

I am so sorry for your loss and for Kylies family.  A question that I have is why would she have her schoolbooks with her after 3 months?  People living on the streets don't usually pack school books or something that heavy with them.  Was she staying at someones house?  Or did I misunderstand and they initially found her books and a suicide note, but the dogs tracked her away from the canal and then 6 months later found her body in the same area?

Do you know who Kylie was involved with at the church groups or heard any rumors about who saw her in town? Seems like Rainier is too small to hide in for 3 months without help - it is even smaller than McCleary.  Does her description match Nancy Moyer and Lindsey - Long Brown Hair, Brown Eyes, 80-90 lbs 4'-9" - 4'-11" height

If her books were left on the side of the canal with a suicide note yet she was seen alive for 3 months, could she have possibly confided in someone about what she had left and they then took advantage of it. It would seem logical that if she was seen at the youth group consistantly for those three months then it may be someone associated with that group that was helping her hide.

If Kylie was fully intact in June then it seems impossible that she was in water for 3-6 months.

Does it seem weird that she disappeared in December, Nancy Moyer in March and Lindsey in June....that is just a little over 3 months apart for each of them.  One disapearance per quarter?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: July 14, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »

State review of logging site joined by those who OK'd it
By LEWIS KAMB
P-I INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER

<snipped>
State forestry officials are investigating claims made about a recent logging project conducted at a Boy Scout camp in Southwest Washington, after a consultant who reviewed it for the Seattle P-I concluded that it violated three state rules, including required protections to a waterway that provides habitat to protected salmon.

Leslie Lingley, who described herself as "team leader" of the state forest practices' science team, and state Fish and Wildlife biologist Wayne Watne stop to talk Tuesday after inspecting the buffer zone around Delezenne Creek, on land owned by the Pacific Harbors Council of the Boy Scouts of America, near Elma.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/398845_scoutsfolo05.html

Could someone add to the map where this Boy Scout Camp is.  If I have missed it my apologies.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: July 14, 2009, 01:07:17 PM »

I am so sorry for your loss and for Kylies family.  A question that I have is why would she have her schoolbooks with her after 3 months?  People living on the streets don't usually pack school books or something that heavy with them.  Was she staying at someones house?  Or did I misunderstand and they initially found her books and a suicide note, but the dogs tracked her away from the canal and then 6 months later found her body in the same area?

Do you know who Kylie was involved with at the church groups or heard any rumors about who saw her in town? Seems like Rainier is too small to hide in for 3 months without help - it is even smaller than McCleary.  Does her description match Nancy Moyer and Lindsey - Long Brown Hair, Brown Eyes, 80-90 lbs 4'-9" - 4'-11" height

If her books were left on the side of the canal with a suicide note yet she was seen alive for 3 months, could she have possibly confided in someone about what she had left and they then took advantage of it. It would seem logical that if she was seen at the youth group consistantly for those three months then it may be someone associated with that group that was helping her hide.

If Kylie was fully intact in June then it seems impossible that she was in water for 3-6 months.

Does it seem weird that she disappeared in December, Nancy Moyer in March and Lindsey in June....that is just a little over 3 months apart for each of them.  One disapearance per quarter?

Please take a look at the article about Rebecca Martinson disappeared May 2009 that I posted above and the link to her images.  To me her physical appearance is similar  JMO.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #379 on: July 14, 2009, 01:07:35 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.