April 25, 2024, 03:17:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #46 7/13/09 - 7/21/09  (Read 419627 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1020 on: July 17, 2009, 10:11:30 PM »

It is time for me to go listen to the tree frogs and watch the lightening bug...y'all have a wonderful evening..I am also going to go check for warts!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1021 on: July 17, 2009, 10:11:38 PM »

OK this is an odd question - but does anyone on here know anything about advanced algebra? My son is stuck on a problem he is doing for an online class and, I hate to admit it, but I am WAY out of my league!   
A lake is 32.7 miles in circumfrence. A man in a rowboat takes off rowing at 7.3 MPH, but stops every .3 nautical miles to rest before he starts rowing at at 5 mph. Meanwhile, another man takes off from the opposite side of the lake and rows at 6 mph -- never stopping to rest.  .......................................How many fish are in the lake??

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1022 on: July 17, 2009, 10:11:52 PM »

OK this is an odd question - but does anyone on here know anything about advanced algebra? My son is stuck on a problem he is doing for an online class and, I hate to admit it, but I am WAY out of my league!   

Not me............way out of my leauge

TBM~thank you sooo much for all your wonderful emails, I really appreciated the support so much  an angelic monkey

Back at ya! God puts those we need in our life when we need them. I am always here whenever you need an ear . . .

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1023 on: July 17, 2009, 10:12:37 PM »

BRB~I am going to drive down to the beach property that the crazy woman Pam Long- Wiggin, who was  arrested in the double homicide in Pensacola/Beulah and see if it's a rental or not.....

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1024 on: July 17, 2009, 10:12:50 PM »

My answer...........DUH!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1025 on: July 17, 2009, 10:13:09 PM »

When my Daughter was in 3rd Grade and was studying Fractions, she would bring home her work and Her and I would sit and stare at it.

Thats about all I could offer was a Stare and a good scratch on my head. So I made an appt with her teacher after school. I said I think we are having issues in Math. I could not make sense of it, my Daughter was devastated because she felt out of place.

HAH met with the teacher and she says to me point blank - I don't understand it either. I have never taught fractions in my life and I have to read up on it.

Can we ask Who's on First?

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1026 on: July 17, 2009, 10:14:03 PM »

A lake is 32.7 miles in circumfrence. A man in a rowboat takes off rowing at 7.3 MPH, but stops every .3 nautical miles to rest before he starts rowing at at 5 mph. Meanwhile, another man takes off from the opposite side of the lake and rows at 6 mph -- never stopping to rest.  .......................................How many fish are in the lake??

Perhaps I can use that $ 150 calculator for the $700 class for the boy to figure it out?  Wait - I know - 2 fish!  Am I right??   

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1027 on: July 17, 2009, 10:18:12 PM »

I failed Algebra 3 times. I am not the one to offer advise. But I think there is a website hmm- have him try:   www.algebrahelp.com
www.freemathhelp.com

I cheated in 7th grade algebra and still got a D! That is way beyond me! But I can add!!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1028 on: July 17, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »

2!!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1029 on: July 17, 2009, 10:22:04 PM »

Perhaps I can use that $ 150 calculator for the $700 class for the boy to figure it out?  Wait - I know - 2 fish!  Am I right??   

OK boyzmom, I didn't even look at your answer before I posted. We must be right!!! Now do you know the name of the fish??? I'm going for Bert and Ernie. 

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1030 on: July 17, 2009, 10:22:20 PM »

If there are 10 fish and 3 drown, five get caught by the fisherman, and 2 get thrown back how many are left in the lake? 

- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1031 on: July 17, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »

OK boyzmom, I didn't even look at your answer before I posted. We must be right!!! Now do you know the name of the fish??? I'm going for Bert and Ernie. 

Siegfried & Roy?

- George Bernard Shaw
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1032 on: July 17, 2009, 10:25:10 PM »

Too Funny, when my Daughter was to enter Middle school they told me to buy a Mandatory school supply a" calculator" it at that time cost 175.00 ... I sat and stared at the woman within registration - Your kidding me right?? It was a calculator that was for Calculus and even had a USB cable to download from the internet.  Was for College students. My daughter was in 6th grade. She didn't even have basic math skills at the time.  Because they changed the Math curriculum when she was in 5th grade state wide. She was lost.
They went from addition, subtraction, division, to - a Abacus.
NO I did not buy the calculator. Come to find out - ONCE it is bought, it becomes school property. Even paid for by the parent. The Teacher after I told her - UM just can't buy that sorry. She said its Ok - I have about 70 of them in my locker within supply. She is not allowed though to remove it from the class room. 

What a Crock.  Goes to show you  - Ask questions !! you may not like the answers but it may save you a ton of money - with your children in school. 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1033 on: July 17, 2009, 10:26:31 PM »

When my Daughter was in 3rd Grade and was studying Fractions, she would bring home her work and Her and I would sit and stare at it.

Thats about all I could offer was a Stare and a good scratch on my head. So I made an appt with her teacher after school. I said I think we are having issues in Math. I could not make sense of it, my Daughter was devastated because she felt out of place.

HAH met with the teacher and she says to me point blank - I don't understand it either. I have never taught fractions in my life and I have to read up on it.

As I used to tell my students, Fractions are our friends. There is no need to fear them.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1034 on: July 17, 2009, 10:27:03 PM »

If there are 10 fish and 3 drown, five get caught by the fisherman, and 2 get thrown back how many are left in the lake? 
5 -- the drowned fish are still in the lake!

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1035 on: July 17, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »

Too Funny, when my Daughter was to enter Middle school they told me to buy a Mandatory school supply a" calculator" it at that time cost 175.00 ... I sat and stared at the woman within registration - Your kidding me right?? It was a calculator that was for Calculus and even had a USB cable to download from the internet.  Was for College students. My daughter was in 6th grade. She didn't even have basic math skills at the time.  Because they changed the Math curriculum when she was in 5th grade state wide. She was lost.
They went from addition, subtraction, division, to - a Abacus.
NO I did not buy the calculator. Come to find out - ONCE it is bought, it becomes school property. Even paid for by the parent. The Teacher after I told her - UM just can't buy that sorry. She said its Ok - I have about 70 of them in my locker within supply. She is not allowed though to remove it from the class room. 

What a Crock.  Goes to show you  - Ask questions !! you may not like the answers but it may save you a ton of money - with your children in school. 

Yea - I have heard that too - we are lucky - our school does not play that game - this is his to keep. The bummer is my sister got one at a conference that is better for FREE. I knew I should have been a teacher . . .

- George Bernard Shaw
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1036 on: July 17, 2009, 10:28:05 PM »

4???    Unless this is a trick question, and if I'm wrong I'm blaming it on my age

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1037 on: July 17, 2009, 10:28:11 PM »

As I used to tell my students, Fractions are our friends. There is no need to fear them.
Your so funny ... Thank You T.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1038 on: July 17, 2009, 10:28:11 PM »

Can a fish drown?
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1039 on: July 17, 2009, 10:28:59 PM »

Can a fish drown?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.