March 29, 2024, 03:00:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #46 7/13/09 - 7/21/09  (Read 418338 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1400 on: July 18, 2009, 08:22:02 AM »

Hey Blonde.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1401 on: July 18, 2009, 08:24:46 AM »

Good morning Blonde.  Mmmm, cornbread!!  No matter what recipe I've used, when I bake cornbread I always bake it in a cast iron skillet. 

Hi Trimm    I just love that pic of all the monkeys in the yellow car 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1402 on: July 18, 2009, 08:33:16 AM »

OK this is an odd question - but does anyone on here know anything about advanced algebra? My son is stuck on a problem he is doing for an online class and, I hate to admit it, but I am WAY out of my league!   

I failed Algebra 3 times. I am not the one to offer advise. But I think there is a website hmm- have him try:   www.algebrahelp.com
www.freemathhelp.com

I cheated in 7th grade algebra and still got a D! That is way beyond me! But I can add!!! 
The craziest of it all Boo. I was a Buyer for 9 years in Automotive. I failed every math class in middle and High School and every college math class. BUT I sailed with A's in Accounting.
How can that be ???

Oh, I have to fess up~I cheated thru both Algebra and accounting and I'm in the financial markets for my job....scary isn't it!
I don't know Island. I was always horrible at Math. I was within so many positions working in fast food/retail within High School and pre-college that had to do with making change. When I worked in fast food oooh man. It was a register that you had to push 1 for a dollar and then 50 for cents etc. It was a cash register from ancient times.  It went " ching" every time you pushed a button. It was so old. Omg I used to freak when someone gave me a Penny - I finally figured that out lol.
Nothing like kids or people have today. Just scan and let the person swipe plastic. All done.
Funny story I have to add. When I was 17 I wanted yet another part time job. So I was hired into a Grocery store as a cashier. Well my Boss was this big Mean very rude Italian Man ... I was scared to death of him. 
So I never asked questions because I thought he could possible eat me alive within an inhale.
This too was a very old market, nothing modern about it.  I had a problem with the conveyor belt at my register. Nothing would move down so I could reach it.  So .... HMMPH.
I saw this very huge bubble rubbery black button - that was right under the side of the conveyor belt. I pushed it.  Dammit the items still would not come to me -to reach them.
I pushed it again.

Within 7 minutes the Entire City Police was in the Parking Lot - It was the Panic Button that The store was being Robbed.

I got fired.

LOL~Deenie that is too funny!

I was always good in fractions/regular math....but stunk at the algebra/calculus/acct and pretty much any other type of math .

We have a hold up button at our restaurant - we finally had to cover it up with a cardboard protector and sign that said "DO NOT PUSH" - seems the new cashier would always wonder what the big red button was for!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1403 on: July 18, 2009, 10:10:26 AM »

Sacred Monkey Staff;
The images you have from the cruise ship murder are copyrighted property of the San Diego Union-Tribune. The use of them carries a fee for unauthorized use of $10,000. To whom should we send the invoice? It will be net 30 days and then sent to collection of nonpayment occurs. If you have any questions please email me. We take protecting our copyright very seriously and frequently litigate misuse.
Robert York
Senior Editor / Visuals
The San Diego Union-Tribune

What pic was he upset about?  Was it the one of the creepy guy who is accused of offing his wife on the ship?  If so, I was just catching up and there are more copies still left in this thread. 
Klaas - amazing how fast and on top of things you are here at SM, along with all the moderators - Bravo again.
Mr. York - I have a few questions, if a photo is used from an organization that doesn't contain a watermark so to speak, how does one know if it is copyrighted?  Also, If a copyrighted photo is posted with a link attributing the site, does that violate copyright?  Since you are so proactive, would you mind giving us monkeys the photos for dummies (or maybe even harder!) version of proper use - we monkeys like to learn and if you have read much here, you will see that one of our main goals is in the "right thing" being done for all.
Thank you and Sincerely,
A_News_Junkie_Monkey 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1404 on: July 18, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »

Posted by admin of Internet Forums Wars - Truthordare

Oh my. I do find it very interesting that only a few minutes after a post was made at SM in the musings thread about copyright infringement, someone tryed to post a comment here laughing and bragging about that.

So,IMO, the poster at SM making threats and the one here laughing are one and the same.

July 17, 2009 5:22 PM

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Well, egg on my face - so this was dolceA1 joke?  If there is a real Mr. York - did they just impersonate fraudulently him? 
When will I learn to finish reading before posting? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1405 on: July 18, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »

ANJ - there was a photo of the FBI leading Robert McGill off of the cruise ship in handcuffs, I'm sure that was the photo in question.

The issue as been resolved.  The photos you see in this forum were photos from their Facebooks.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1406 on: July 18, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »

ANJ - No, it had nothing to do with Dolce or A1.  Mr. YORK was for real.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1407 on: July 18, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »

Klaas, just looked up and saw you were here - thanks for the answers.

Is there a basic set of rules on this type of thing that you can recommend us or anyone interested reading?  How do you know if a pic is copyrighted?  Is it suppose to carry a copyright symbol and link location like you do for pics?  If it is not marked, can they do this?  I would like to learn from this whether anyone took joy in seeing him write us or not.  I will keep reading and check back when caught up................ could be awhile, just did dishes between pages and have lots more chores! LOL
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1408 on: July 18, 2009, 10:55:36 AM »

Klaas, just looked up and saw you were here - thanks for the answers.

Is there a basic set of rules on this type of thing that you can recommend us or anyone interested reading?  How do you know if a pic is copyrighted?  Is it suppose to carry a copyright symbol and link location like you do for pics?  If it is not marked, can they do this?  I would like to learn from this whether anyone took joy in seeing him write us or not.  I will keep reading and check back when caught up................ could be awhile, just did dishes between pages and have lots more chores! LOL

ANJ - this was an unusual circumstance.  Normally it's not a problem as long as we link back to the website.  We never get complaints.  This time it just so happened that our local FOX NEWS was lazy and GOOGLED for information on cruise ship case.  What happened was Scared Monkeys was the first thing that came up in google so they referenced SM and showed the front page of SM on the local news. (Fox News Los Angeles, 13).  That's what really caused the problem. 

As soon as Mr. York posted his request in the forum, I replace the front page SM photos with photos from the McGill's facebook accounts.  Problem solved.

atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1409 on: July 18, 2009, 10:56:23 AM »

Hey monks, whats for breakfast?
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1410 on: July 18, 2009, 11:10:48 AM »

Klaas,
Thanks for resolving and for the answer.  I sure would hate it if I ever posted a pic that would get SM in trouble but I take it from your response, don't worry about it - it is not an issue for the most part. 
I have a suggestion - for us behind readers............ if there is something major like this or a rude comment, etc could a mod maybe edit the beginning post to say this matter has been resolved please do not comment on it?  I should know better, but you know monkeys have a fast reaction time and hit reply before finishing reading.  Well, not all of them, but the excitable ones like me! LOL
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1411 on: July 18, 2009, 12:21:25 PM »

A husband and wife are shopping in their local Wal-Mart. The husband picks up a case of Budweiser and puts it in their cart.

'What do you think you're doing?' asks the wife.

'They're on sale, only $10 for 24 cans,' he replies.

'Put them back, we can't afford them,' demands the wife, and so they carry on shopping.

A few aisles further on along the woman picks up a $20 jar of face cream and puts it in the basket.

'What do you think you're doing?' asks the husband.

'Its my face cream. It makes me look beautiful,' replies the wife.

Her husband retorts: 'So does 24 cans of Budweiser and it's half the price.'

On the PA system: 'Cleanup on aisle 25, we have a husband down.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1412 on: July 18, 2009, 12:28:55 PM »

A husband and wife are shopping in their local Wal-Mart. The husband picks up a case of Budweiser and puts it in their cart.

'What do you think you're doing?' asks the wife.

'They're on sale, only $10 for 24 cans,' he replies.

'Put them back, we can't afford them,' demands the wife, and so they carry on shopping.

A few aisles further on along the woman picks up a $20 jar of face cream and puts it in the basket.

'What do you think you're doing?' asks the husband.

'Its my face cream. It makes me look beautiful,' replies the wife.

Her husband retorts: 'So does 24 cans of Budweiser and it's half the price.'

On the PA system: 'Cleanup on aisle 25, we have a husband down.
Good one NR 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1413 on: July 18, 2009, 12:50:25 PM »

NOTE:  I HAVE REMOVED THE THREAD FOR DOLCE IN THE NURSERY AREA, NO NEED TO GIVE HER MORE ATTENTION.  I HAVE ALSO MOVED MONKENS GRANDBABIES THREAD TO THE MAIN MONKEY LOUNGE AREA.  I HAVE ALSO DELETED THE SPECIAL FORUM BOARD SUB AREA CALLED "NURSERY - BABIES, GRANDBABIES AND FUR BABIES".  WE CAN SIMPLY START THREADS IN THE MAIN MONKEY LOUNGE AREA.

I had created that special forum area for Dolce and her twins 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1414 on: July 18, 2009, 01:35:44 PM »

Your heart was in the right place - Too bad her conscience wasn't.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1415 on: July 18, 2009, 01:49:47 PM »

Lily Valley? Here's an avatar for you!  I tried to get a lily, a bird, and a butterfly in it for you so you can get dressed! If you need help getting it in your profile, just let me know, and I'll ask Klaas to do it for you! 

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/originals/th_lily-valley.gif
Lily Valley
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1416 on: July 18, 2009, 02:20:15 PM »

Night Everyone!  My computer went crazy and I got thrown out and just got back in. 

Welcome Lily!

Thank you Bearly.  I started reading on the Caylee Thread a year ago and have been here ever since.  I was lurking until Mytime asked me to come down and post.  It's great to be among such kind and caring Monkeys!!!

"The Devil is Dancing Tonight"   Nancy Grace
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1417 on: July 18, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »

sorry, i was making RM a chicken fried steak, green beens, corn bread, all from scratch.   

Hi Texasmom!  I have a new identity now!!

Yes, I noticed!   Monkey Devil!
Can you share your corn bread recipe from scratch . Mine wasn't that good.TY

Hi Blonde! I'm not MT, but my cornbread is a favorite with family and friends, so here's my recipe:

(I use a glass 4 cup measuring Cup for all measurements)

Well grease a 10 in. iron skillet, and set oven to 425*

3 1/2 Cups Three Rivers brand cornmeal
2 eggs slightly scrambled
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
3 tblsp. sugar ( may omit or increase, depending on sweetness preference )
1 1/2 - 2 Cups buttermilk (sweet milk will work in a pinch)

Hand mix in large bowl just until ingredients are moistened, and pour in greased skillet. Bake in 425* preheated oven 25 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.

* Blonde, Don't be picky about measuring exactly. You'll get to where you'll know the consistency of the batter and add a little more milk or meal to get it like you want it. Three Rivers meal is the BEST!  Some things go better with sweet cornbread than others, so use your judgement on that, but if you haven't tried it with sugar, I think you'll like it.

Lily Valley
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1418 on: July 18, 2009, 02:29:57 PM »

Lily Valley? Here's an avatar for you!  I tried to get a lily, a bird, and a butterfly in it for you so you can get dressed! If you need help getting it in your profile, just let me know, and I'll ask Klaas to do it for you! 

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/originals/th_lily-valley.gif
Thank you CBB.  It is beautiful

"The Devil is Dancing Tonight"   Nancy Grace
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1419 on: July 18, 2009, 02:31:43 PM »

Thank you CBB.  It is beautiful

Yeah!! You found it!!!   

Do you need help getting it in your profile?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.