March 28, 2024, 02:49:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #46 7/13/09 - 7/21/09  (Read 418286 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: July 14, 2009, 01:02:11 PM »

CBB - Good to see your beautiful smiling self, too!

Islandmonkey - I am indeed following that couple's murder; that's why I'm surfing at the moment. What an awful tragedy. I do believe that they were targeted for some reason, and that reason usually works out to be money.

I am a few pages behind (had to refill coffee!) but CNN HLN just showed a podium and said they are awaiting a news conference any moment.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #281 on: July 14, 2009, 01:02:34 PM »

Link for the Beulah murders here at Scared Monkeys in the Missing, Expolited and True Crimes Forum
(Currently listed as an Unsolved Crime)
Subject:  Fla. couple who adopted 12 children found slain

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5650.0

Please feel free to comment and help update this thread.  MB

Thanks Muffy.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: July 14, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »

Finding Monkey Bus riders might be easier with a picture. That's me circled in red! I was a Tinkerbell, then!

Off the top of my head, I see Crazymom,SandraK, Rob, SunMoonStars, Mere, FOM, Mariloo, Nancy Drew, AZSunny, Lifesong, Klaas, TCU, Bendex, Hat, Elaine, Red, Mrs. Red, Spooky, Dayhiker, MN, Metro, Angie, Hotshot, and Peaches. I recognize a lot of the avis but can't place the name.........

What year was this?  2005 or 2006?  Didn't the boat come next, then the tree?  Lots of new faces since then! 

AZSunny - the Bus was 2005, then came the Boat and yes we had a couple years of Xmas trees.

I see my old style doll on top of the bus but thought I was posting as the little white smiling Westie then.  But I only recognize about half of the avatars. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: July 14, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »

Some of the avi's I recognize at first glance:

Rob as Speed Racer, Angie-9ll dispatcher as orangutan, Yellow bushy haired dude as Bendix, Pink Floyd album as WS Bohemian, Golfing monkey as Atlmetro,  monkey with glasses as Silverfox, oil lamp as Port Valerie,

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: July 14, 2009, 01:17:28 PM »

Several arrested named Gonzalas - what do you want to bet that sindy has called biasbutt to see if they know a Zaneida...................

Such a sad case.  Sad
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #285 on: July 14, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »

Well, you're here....that's a happening!!!   Good to see you.  I read your post over in Natalee's thread, too.  I'm urusally over there, but logged off for a bit, earlier.

I see you're still ironing - I HATE ironing! (Because I'm not good at it. I admire those who are.) Is there any aspect of housework you have left untouched by an avatar? lol

I don't believe I have ever been thought of as a "happening" and I love you forever for that ...

[/quote]

Sorry, got pulled away, again. 

I hate ironing, too!!!!  It's right up there with cleaning the bowl!    Monkey Devil!

Honestly, I have not mastered minimizing the # of quotes with this new forum.   Don't worry about it.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #286 on: July 14, 2009, 01:25:39 PM »

Several arrested named Gonzalas - what do you want to bet that sindy has called biasbutt to see if they know a Zaneida...................

Such a sad case.  Sad

Yes, father and son.........I'm updating thread as I hear press conference over on thread. 16yr old being charged with open murder.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #287 on: July 14, 2009, 01:34:15 PM »

LOOK BOSS! DE BUS! DE BUS!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »

Hello Monkeys,

Could some kind monkey post a link to where the Dolce thing started I can't seem to find the beginning to see what happened.

Thanks so much

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2009, 01:38:40 PM »

I thought I heard they are arraigning the two ringleaders at 1:30......wonder if I could sneak out and walk over to the court house without anyone noticing

[
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2009, 01:57:31 PM »

Hello Monkeys,

Could some kind monkey post a link to where the Dolce thing started I can't seem to find the beginning to see what happened.

Thanks so much

Monkey hugs

Here ya go Stacey - it starts here

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5380.1120

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2009, 02:37:14 PM »

This picture to me sums up why everyone is here.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2009, 02:52:35 PM »

I do believe that Customer Service is a service that you pay for in order to get help.

If you can't understand the instructions from the people that are helping you, then how much help are you paying for??

Just want to keep our jobs!

Try to remember this EVERY TIME you have to talk to a customer service representative and you cannot understand them.  I did not
know that we could do this, but I sure am going to try it.  Help bring jobs back to the U.S.A.   Ask for an American!

How to save some American jobs and we can help!

I want to share with you some great information that I found out purely by
accident. I believe it can also save and create jobs in America while giving
people better customer service.

So how many times have you called a companies service phone line and found that the rep. can barely speak English? Once with a major mortgage company it was so bad I demanded to speak with someone who spoke English. Right at that moment I broke the code, the secret password for customer service.

Come to find out that every American company using overseas operators must transfer you to an American rep. by saying.......

"I WANT TO SPEAK TO A REPRESENTATIVE IN AMERICA" (Don't take no for an answer on this)

This was confirmed by the American rep. that they must transfer you after
that request.

da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2009, 02:58:45 PM »

Did I miss a report on Kubear from CBB?  If not, hope we hear from her soon!

I'm sorry!!  My son and John have been here, and I really couldn't get my computer time in. They went with me to pick Kubear up, and stayed to keep an eye on her.

No metastisis showed up in the chest X-ray so they went on with the surgery. She's cut from mid tummy down to her knee joint in her rear leg. They went down to, but not in, her muscle layer. The cancer is a bad one. The Vet likened it to melanoma in humans. If it's caught and totally removed before it spreads, then the prognosis is good. If not, it can't get much worse. Time will tell if any cells have spread. The lab report said the remaining cells around the first excised tissue were "fairly well differentiated" which is not as good as "well differentiated" but better than "loosely differentiated". Now we wait up to another 10 days for this lab report and hope there were no cells at the edge of what they took today.

She's sleeping, but couldn't get in the car or up the steps. With the first surgery she could. They warned me this one would be harder on her and gave me pain pills for her. Still, it was done on an outpatient basis. I went through and got her a McDonald's cheeseburger (no pickle) on the way home and she ate it eagerly, They said not to give her the medicine on an empty stomach, but not to give her a whole lot to eat. I put a milkbone on the bed with her and she ate it too. If I pet her, she opens her eyes, but hasn't moved since I brought her home (around 6:00pm). It's just the two of us now, as it usually is, and she's on the bed and I'm on the computer, which is also usual.

There's a reasonable chance this will be OK, and the Vet said if it were his dog, this is the course of action he would take. He didn't mince words about the seriousness of it, and if it comes back or shows up elsewhere, we're basically done with treatment, but I wouldn't have put her through this unless I was able to determine there was a chance. So, for now, I just want to provide her the best environment I can to heal.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. I wouldn't know what to do without you guys! Love You All!

Prayers and gentle hugs to both of you . . . you probably know I lost my dog two weeks ago.  I am still grieving . . . and love all animals, especially doggies.  You are a wonderful doggy mommy.  Kubear is in good hands!

XOXOXOXOXO

Karen

I am so sorry, Sparky.  I cannot imagine the hurt you are feeling.

Hugs all around!!!

Thank you Bearly . . . I found out a lot of my problem right now is a case of the "what ifs".  I really didn't have the money to take extraordinary measures with him . . . it was hard.  Grief mixed with guilt is not a good thing.  Prayers and family and friends have really helped me, as well as understanding those are not unusual feelings.

XOXOXOX

Karen

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #294 on: July 14, 2009, 02:59:19 PM »

Did I miss a report on Kubear from CBB?  If not, hope we hear from her soon!

I'm sorry!!  My son and John have been here, and I really couldn't get my computer time in. They went with me to pick Kubear up, and stayed to keep an eye on her.

No metastisis showed up in the chest X-ray so they went on with the surgery. She's cut from mid tummy down to her knee joint in her rear leg. They went down to, but not in, her muscle layer. The cancer is a bad one. The Vet likened it to melanoma in humans. If it's caught and totally removed before it spreads, then the prognosis is good. If not, it can't get much worse. Time will tell if any cells have spread. The lab report said the remaining cells around the first excised tissue were "fairly well differentiated" which is not as good as "well differentiated" but better than "loosely differentiated". Now we wait up to another 10 days for this lab report and hope there were no cells at the edge of what they took today.

She's sleeping, but couldn't get in the car or up the steps. With the first surgery she could. They warned me this one would be harder on her and gave me pain pills for her. Still, it was done on an outpatient basis. I went through and got her a McDonald's cheeseburger (no pickle) on the way home and she ate it eagerly, They said not to give her the medicine on an empty stomach, but not to give her a whole lot to eat. I put a milkbone on the bed with her and she ate it too. If I pet her, she opens her eyes, but hasn't moved since I brought her home (around 6:00pm). It's just the two of us now, as it usually is, and she's on the bed and I'm on the computer, which is also usual.

There's a reasonable chance this will be OK, and the Vet said if it were his dog, this is the course of action he would take. He didn't mince words about the seriousness of it, and if it comes back or shows up elsewhere, we're basically done with treatment, but I wouldn't have put her through this unless I was able to determine there was a chance. So, for now, I just want to provide her the best environment I can to heal.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. I wouldn't know what to do without you guys! Love You All!

Prayers and gentle hugs to both of you . . . you probably know I lost my dog two weeks ago.  I am still grieving . . . and love all animals, especially doggies.  You are a wonderful doggy mommy.  Kubear is in good hands!

XOXOXOXOXO

Karen

Sparkenator - I'm so sorry  an angelic monkey

Thank you . . . it is getting better.

da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #295 on: July 14, 2009, 03:00:36 PM »

Thank you Sparky. I'm so sorry for your loss, and my heart knows how yours is hurting. It's the bane of all dog owners, isn't it? They just don't live as long as we do, but they steal our hearts and memories of that fact every day.

{{HUGS!}}

my heart is so with you constantly over the past few days.   Your sharing has really helped me . . .

XOXOXOX

Karen

da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #296 on: July 14, 2009, 03:03:04 PM »

Thank you Sparky. I'm so sorry for your loss, and my heart knows how yours is hurting. It's the bane of all dog owners, isn't it? They just don't live as long as we do, but they steal our hearts and memories of that fact every day.

{{HUGS!}}

I am not sure what you are suggesting here...  Are you suggesting a shorter life span for humans?  Just askin'.

Ha ha!!!!!  No!!!  But someone did tell me one time that they thought I liked dogs more than people . . . sometimes I think that might be true! 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #297 on: July 14, 2009, 03:35:52 PM »

I am guilty of that 98% of the time 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: July 14, 2009, 04:51:16 PM »

Thank you Bearly . . . I found out a lot of my problem right now is a case of the "what ifs".  I really didn't have the money to take extraordinary measures with him . . . it was hard.  Grief mixed with guilt is not a good thing.  Prayers and family and friends have really helped me, as well as understanding those are not unusual feelings.

XOXOXOX

Karen

Karen,
I can tell you there was a period of time when if I had not had my dog, I don't know if I would have gotten out of bed in the morning.  So, I feel your pain more than you know.  Luckily, my angel is still with me but I fear the day she is not.
But, what I wanted to tell you is you said right now you are stuck on the "what if" -- yes, IF is important.  IF you having the money would have made a difference, THEN you would have been given it.  IF you could have changed something THEN that too would have happened.  I guess my point is........ faith.  IF God or the universe or your higher power needed you to have done anything different, it would have happened.  Not sure if that helps, but for me knowing I don't really run the show helps me drop the doubt and turn back to faith.
HUGS to you!!!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: July 14, 2009, 05:10:12 PM »

I am not in Musings much but saw and read all the info on Dolce.  I thought for a long time her tales were a little unbelievable.  I also wondered when I first came to SM if she was the same Dolce from the board that Stacy Peterson's family had started, and was later closed by them.  That individual was also pregnant with twins and posted as Dolce.  When I saw Dolce posting when I first came here about the twins and nursery I thought shouldn't of that lady had those babies by now..that was back in Dec or January.  But then I thought perhaps this is a different Dolce.  I now wonder if she was the same one on the other board or if she just got the idea from that board.  Who knows..at any rate I am glad she has been outed.  She is probably already established on another board running another fantasy life by those people.  So sad for everyone involved.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.