March 29, 2024, 05:52:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #46 7/13/09 - 7/21/09  (Read 418356 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: July 15, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »

2 minutes to Shuttle launch      
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: July 15, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »

Shuttle Endeavour is going to launch. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: July 15, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »

Could someone tell me what the Shuttle Endeavor had to do with Japanese ambitions???

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: July 15, 2009, 06:26:05 PM »

Could someone tell me what the Shuttle Endeavor had to do with Japanese ambitions???

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,532881,00.html?test=latestnews

Space Shuttle Endeavour Blasts Off After Month of Delays
Wednesday, July 15, 2009

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida —

Space shuttle Endeavour and seven astronauts are on their way to the international space station after more than a month's delay.

The shuttle blasted off early Wednesday evening, hauling up a veranda for Japan's space station lab. It was NASA's sixth attempt to launch Endeavour, and was a welcome sight for shuttle workers who had to overcome gas leaks last month and, more recently, thunderstorms. In an unexpected bonus, the launch fell on the eve of the 40th anniversary of the liftoff for man's first moon landing.

Shuttle commander Mark Polansky and his crew will reach the space station Friday. Five spacewalks are planned to hook up the new porch for the Japanese lab and perform other station work. The flight will last 16 days.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: July 15, 2009, 06:26:13 PM »

Hey Sunny! How are ya doing? Hear anything good? 

Hi Boo!  Nope...been busy with other 'stuff'....family comes first

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: July 15, 2009, 06:29:11 PM »

Sunny emailed and asked me to post this for her.  It's so funny, lol  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!  Click on the picture:

thanks Klaas....I got it and knew it had to be shared with the Monks!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: July 15, 2009, 06:31:35 PM »

Boo I thought of you when I stumbled across this.  I think you will like it.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »

News just breaking, shooting at Capitol Hill.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/One-Shot-Near-Capitol-Buildings-on-Lockdown.html

One Shot Near Capitol, Some Entrances Sealed
By  JIM IOVINO

Updated 5:48 PM EDT, Wed, Jul 15, 2009

One person has been shot a block away from the U.S. Capitol, according to police.

The shooting happened at about 5 p.m.

Police have sealed off some of the entrances to the U.S. Capitol after reports of gunfire a few blocks away.

Constitution Ave. between First St. NW and First St. NE is closed.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=116&sid=1718578

Police seal off part of Capitol
July 15, 2009 - 5:58pm

By BEN EVANS
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Gunfire was reported just off the fringe of Capitol Hill on Wednesday, and there were unconfirmed reports of at least one injury.

Police briefly sealed off part of the Capitol as a precaution.

Officials did not immediately confirm any details of the incident.

Robert Drumm, a tourist from Oklahoma visiting the nation's capital with his family, said in an interview, "There were so many gunshots being fired my family got down."

Drumm said he saw one victim, not wearing a police uniform, taken away in an ambulance.

Drumm said he first noticed trouble when he saw one car speeding and being chased by a police vehicle.

Numerous emergency vehicles converged quickly in the area.

Another witness, Dale Lanigan of Toledo, Ohio, described a similar scene, although he said two police cars gave chase.

As the car went past him, Lanigan said, "the driver had one hand on the wheel and it looked like he was reaching for something."

Lanigan said he then heard shots and police ordered him to get away. He said the driver of the car was taken away in an ambulance.

Damn....

Rest in Peace Caylee

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: July 15, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »

News just breaking, shooting at Capitol Hill.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/One-Shot-Near-Capitol-Buildings-on-Lockdown.html

One Shot Near Capitol, Some Entrances Sealed
By  JIM IOVINO

Updated 5:48 PM EDT, Wed, Jul 15, 2009

One person has been shot a block away from the U.S. Capitol, according to police.

The shooting happened at about 5 p.m.

Police have sealed off some of the entrances to the U.S. Capitol after reports of gunfire a few blocks away.

Constitution Ave. between First St. NW and First St. NE is closed.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=116&sid=1718578

Police seal off part of Capitol
July 15, 2009 - 5:58pm

By BEN EVANS
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Gunfire was reported just off the fringe of Capitol Hill on Wednesday, and there were unconfirmed reports of at least one injury.

Police briefly sealed off part of the Capitol as a precaution.

Officials did not immediately confirm any details of the incident.

Robert Drumm, a tourist from Oklahoma visiting the nation's capital with his family, said in an interview, "There were so many gunshots being fired my family got down."

Drumm said he saw one victim, not wearing a police uniform, taken away in an ambulance.

Drumm said he first noticed trouble when he saw one car speeding and being chased by a police vehicle.

Numerous emergency vehicles converged quickly in the area.

Another witness, Dale Lanigan of Toledo, Ohio, described a similar scene, although he said two police cars gave chase.

As the car went past him, Lanigan said, "the driver had one hand on the wheel and it looked like he was reaching for something."

Lanigan said he then heard shots and police ordered him to get away. He said the driver of the car was taken away in an ambulance.

Damn....

You can't have nuttin' nice! I agree. Damn!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: July 15, 2009, 06:46:03 PM »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Space shuttle Endeavour and seven astronauts are on their way to the international space station after more than a month's delay.

The shuttle blasted off early Wednesday evening, hauling up a veranda for Japan's space station lab. It was NASA's sixth attempt to launch Endeavour, and was a welcome sight for shuttle workers who had to overcome gas leaks last month and, more recently, thunderstorms. In an unexpected bonus, the launch fell on the eve of the 40th anniversary of the liftoff for man's first moon landing.

Shuttle commander Mark Polansky and his crew will reach the space station Friday. Five spacewalks are planned to hook up the new porch for the Japanese lab and perform other station work. The flight will last 16 days.

Thank you Klaas. I didn't realize had a dog in this fight. 

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #530 on: July 15, 2009, 06:48:51 PM »

If you have raised kids (or been one), and gone through the pet syndrome, including toilet flush burials for dead Goldfish, the story below will have you laughing out LOUD! 

Overview: I had to take my son's lizard to the vet.

Here's what happened:

Just after dinner one night, my son came up to tell me there was 'something wrong' with one of the two lizards he holds prisoner in his room.

'He's just lying there looking sick,' he told me. 'I'm serious, Dad. Can you help?'

I put my best lizard-healer expression on my face and followed him into his bedroom. One of the little lizards was indeed lying on his back, looking stressed. I immediately knew what to do.

'Honey,' I called, 'come look at the lizard!' 

'Oh, my gosh!' my wife exclaimed. 'She's having Babies..'

'What?' my son demanded. 'But their names are Bert and Ernie, Mom!'

I was equally outraged.

'Hey, how can that be? I thought we said we didn't want them to reproduce,' I said accusingly to my wife 

'Well, what do you want me to do, post a sign in their cage?' she inquired (I think she actually said this sarcastically!) 

'No, but you were supposed to get two boys!' I reminded her, (in my most loving, calm, sweet voice, while gritting my teeth).

'Yeah, Bert and Ernie!' my son agreed.

'Well, it's just a little hard to tell on some guys, you know,' she informed me (Again with the sarcasm!). 

By now the rest of the family had gathered to see what was going on. I shrugged, deciding to make the best of it.

'Kids, this is going to be a wondrous experience,' I announced. 'We're about to witness the miracle of birth.'

'Oh, gross!' they shrieked

'Well, isn't THAT just great? What are we going to do with a litter of tiny little lizard babies?' my wife wanted to know.

We peered at the patient ... After much struggling, what looked like a tiny foot would appear briefly, vanishing a scant second later.

'We don't appear to be making much progress,' I noted.

'It's breech,' my wife whispered , horrified.

'Do something, Dad!' my son urged.

'Okay, okay.' Squeamishly, I reached in and grabbed the foot when it next appeared, giving it a gentle tug. It disappeared I tried several more times with the same results.

'Should I call 911?' my eldest daughter wanted to know.

'Maybe they could talk us through the trauma.' (You see a pattern here with the females in my house?)

'Let's get Ernie to the vet,' I said grimly. We drove to the vet with my son holding the cage in his lap. 

'Breathe, Ernie, breathe,' he urged.

'I don't think lizards do Lamaze ,' his mother noted to him. (Women can be so cruel to their own young. I mean what she does to me is one thing, but this boy is of her womb, for G~d's sake.).

The vet took Ernie back to the examining room and peered at the little animal through a magnifying glass.

'What do you think, Doc, a C-section?' I suggested scientifically.

'Oh, very interesting,' he murmured. 'Mr. And Mrs. Cameron, may I speak to you privately for a moment?'

I gulped, nodding for my son to step outside.

'Is Ernie going to be okay?' my wife asked d.

'Oh, perfectly,' the vet assured us. 'This lizard is not in labor. In fact, that isn't EVER going to happen. Ernie is a boy. You see, Ernie is a young male. And occasionally, as they come into maturity, like most male species, they um ..um .Masturbate. Just the way he did, lying on his back.'  He blushed, glancing at my wife.

We were silent, absorbing this.

'So, Ernie's just, just...excited,' my wife offered.

'Exactly,' the vet replied, relieved that we understood.

More silence. Then my vicious, cruel wife started to giggle, and giggle. And then even laugh loudly.

'What's so funny?' I demanded, knowing, but not believing that the woman I married would commit the upcoming affront to my flawless manliness..

Tears were now running down her face. 'It's just that ...I'm picturing you pulling on its...its...teeny little... ' She gasped for more air to bellow in laughter once more.

'That's enough,' I warned. We thanked the vet and hurriedly bundled the lizard and our son back into the car. He was glad everything was going to be okay.

'I know Ernie's really thankful for what you did, Dad,' he told me.

'Oh, you have NO idea,' my wife agreed, collapsing with laughter..

Two lizards: $140.

One cage: $50.

Trip to the vet: $180.

Memory of your husband pulling on a lizard's winkie:

Priceless!

Moral of the story: Pay attention in biology class.

Lizards lay eggs!

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #531 on: July 15, 2009, 06:49:31 PM »

Sunny emailed and asked me to post this for her.  It's so funny, lol  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!  Click on the picture:

thanks Klaas....I got it and knew it had to be shared with the Monks!!

OMG - that was SO funny!   

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: July 15, 2009, 06:49:47 PM »

Shuttle Endeavour is going to launch. 

and all went well and they are on their way!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #533 on: July 15, 2009, 06:49:57 PM »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thank you Klaas. I didn't realize had a dog in this fight. 

Our minds think alike!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: July 15, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »

If you have raised kids (or been one), and gone through the pet syndrome, including toilet flush burials for dead Goldfish, the story below will have you laughing out LOUD! 

Overview: I had to take my son's lizard to the vet.

Here's what happened:

Just after dinner one night, my son came up to tell me there was 'something wrong' with one of the two lizards he holds prisoner in his room.

'He's just lying there looking sick,' he told me. 'I'm serious, Dad. Can you help?'

I put my best lizard-healer expression on my face and followed him into his bedroom. One of the little lizards was indeed lying on his back, looking stressed. I immediately knew what to do.

'Honey,' I called, 'come look at the lizard!' 

'Oh, my gosh!' my wife exclaimed. 'She's having Babies..'

'What?' my son demanded. 'But their names are Bert and Ernie, Mom!'

I was equally outraged.

'Hey, how can that be? I thought we said we didn't want them to reproduce,' I said accusingly to my wife 

'Well, what do you want me to do, post a sign in their cage?' she inquired (I think she actually said this sarcastically!) 

'No, but you were supposed to get two boys!' I reminded her, (in my most loving, calm, sweet voice, while gritting my teeth).

'Yeah, Bert and Ernie!' my son agreed.

'Well, it's just a little hard to tell on some guys, you know,' she informed me (Again with the sarcasm!). 

By now the rest of the family had gathered to see what was going on. I shrugged, deciding to make the best of it.

'Kids, this is going to be a wondrous experience,' I announced. 'We're about to witness the miracle of birth.'

'Oh, gross!' they shrieked

'Well, isn't THAT just great? What are we going to do with a litter of tiny little lizard babies?' my wife wanted to know.

We peered at the patient ... After much struggling, what looked like a tiny foot would appear briefly, vanishing a scant second later.

'We don't appear to be making much progress,' I noted.

'It's breech,' my wife whispered , horrified.

'Do something, Dad!' my son urged.

'Okay, okay.' Squeamishly, I reached in and grabbed the foot when it next appeared, giving it a gentle tug. It disappeared I tried several more times with the same results.

'Should I call 911?' my eldest daughter wanted to know.

'Maybe they could talk us through the trauma.' (You see a pattern here with the females in my house?)

'Let's get Ernie to the vet,' I said grimly. We drove to the vet with my son holding the cage in his lap. 

'Breathe, Ernie, breathe,' he urged.

'I don't think lizards do Lamaze ,' his mother noted to him. (Women can be so cruel to their own young. I mean what she does to me is one thing, but this boy is of her womb, for G~d's sake.).

The vet took Ernie back to the examining room and peered at the little animal through a magnifying glass.

'What do you think, Doc, a C-section?' I suggested scientifically.

'Oh, very interesting,' he murmured. 'Mr. And Mrs. Cameron, may I speak to you privately for a moment?'

I gulped, nodding for my son to step outside.

'Is Ernie going to be okay?' my wife asked d.

'Oh, perfectly,' the vet assured us. 'This lizard is not in labor. In fact, that isn't EVER going to happen. Ernie is a boy. You see, Ernie is a young male. And occasionally, as they come into maturity, like most male species, they um ..um .Masturbate. Just the way he did, lying on his back.'  He blushed, glancing at my wife.

We were silent, absorbing this.

'So, Ernie's just, just...excited,' my wife offered.

'Exactly,' the vet replied, relieved that we understood.

More silence. Then my vicious, cruel wife started to giggle, and giggle. And then even laugh loudly.

'What's so funny?' I demanded, knowing, but not believing that the woman I married would commit the upcoming affront to my flawless manliness..

Tears were now running down her face. 'It's just that ...I'm picturing you pulling on its...its...teeny little... ' She gasped for more air to bellow in laughter once more.

'That's enough,' I warned. We thanked the vet and hurriedly bundled the lizard and our son back into the car. He was glad everything was going to be okay.

'I know Ernie's really thankful for what you did, Dad,' he told me.

'Oh, you have NO idea,' my wife agreed, collapsing with laughter..

Two lizards: $140.

One cage: $50.

Trip to the vet: $180.

Memory of your husband pulling on a lizard's winkie:

Priceless!

Moral of the story: Pay attention in biology class.

Lizards lay eggs!

OHMYGAWD!  I am dying here!  Just dying...I can see the headlines...Lady dies from a fit of giggles!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

AnnetteInMn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #535 on: July 15, 2009, 07:14:38 PM »

I just wanted to say thank you to those who have posted pics of their beautiful fur babies (I'm an animal lover!).  Pets always make me smile.

The walrus cat LOL  .... what a cutie though

Jericho says thanks to those who complimented his good looks... we sure do wish that we knew what breeds he was though.

And finally the lizard tale .... ROFL  Too cute!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #536 on: July 15, 2009, 07:43:32 PM »

ROFLMAO!!!!   

There are drama queens even in dogdom!!!   
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #537 on: July 15, 2009, 08:05:32 PM »

BabsKats
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #538 on: July 15, 2009, 08:21:59 PM »

BabsKats

Jackie - I see you decided to use a real picture for your avatar!  Next thing you know, you'll be claiming you are pregant.   
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: July 15, 2009, 08:31:40 PM »

BABSKAT!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.