March 28, 2024, 07:40:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #46 7/13/09 - 7/21/09  (Read 418261 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: July 16, 2009, 11:30:05 AM »

I did it....one vote for Chase! 

Thanks so much...this is one of the organizations we donate to regularly...

also please read this and donate if you are able... TES needs everyone's help.

Cancellation of Fundraiser

Posted on 08. Jul, 2009 by smckinney in Calendar of Events, Featured Articles

Many people have worked very hard over the last couple of months to organize a fundraiser for Texas EquuSearch. It was going to be at “Lance’s Turtle Club” on Clear Lake. But due to economic struggles throughout our nation, the fundraiser has been CANCELLED. Several organizers worked many long, hard days in their efforts and we gratefully thank all of those who did so much.

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/07/cancellation-of-fundraiser/

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: July 16, 2009, 11:34:26 AM »

Please take just a few minutes of your time...‏

Phyllis Cottle's attacker is up for parole

http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/50794677.html

At the link is an address to write the Ohio Parole board.  Please take a minute to express how you feel regarding Samuel Herring's release.

Done - need to sign, print stamp and mail!

To:  Ohio Parole Board                                                               July 16, 2009
770 W. Broad St.,
Columbus, OH 43222

RE:  Samuel J. Herring
Inmate number A180009

I am writing today to plead with you to not grant the release of : Samuel J. Herring,  inmate number A180009.  Once before society let down, one of his victims: Phyllis Cottle.  This happened when many people watched and did nothing as they assumed this was “just” another domestic dispute.  Crimes against women have got to stop, and your refusal of allowing this heinous predator who has no regard for human life will be a step in empowering that message. 
Phyllis “endures” (I would say lives, but with the fear of him being released there is little living for her) each day, blind and unable to see should Samuel J. Herring show up to finish what he started.  His record from age 11 speaks volumes as to what we as society can expect to see from him.  Therefore, I plead with you to protect society and be the voice of abuse and refuse his release.
Sincerely,

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: July 16, 2009, 11:36:38 AM »

At the link is an address to write the Ohio Parole board.  Please take a minute to express how you feel regarding Samuel Herring's release.

To:  Ohio Parole Board                                                               July 16, 2009
770 W. Broad St.,
Columbus, OH 43222

Inmate number A180009

I am writing today to plead with you to not grant the release of : Samuel J. Herring,  inmate number A180009.  Once before society let down, one of his victims: Phyllis Cottle.  This happened when many people watched and did nothing as they assumed this was “just” another domestic dispute.  Crimes against women have got to stop, and your refusal of allowing this heinous predator who has no regard for human life will be a step in empowering that message. 
Phyllis “endures” (I would say lives, but with the fear of him being released there is little living for her) each day, blind and unable to see should Samuel J. Herring show up to finish what he started.  His record from age 11 speaks volumes as to what we as society can expect to see from him.  Therefore, I plead with you to protect society and be the voice of abuse and refuse his release.
Sincerely,

I missed LL's post....thanks for bringing it forward....I will do the same.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #643 on: July 16, 2009, 11:36:54 AM »

God bless you News_Junkie!  an angelic monkey

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #644 on: July 16, 2009, 11:37:52 AM »

770 W. Broad St.,
Columbus, OH 43222

Inmate number A180009

Phyllis “endures” (I would say lives, but with the fear of him being released there is little living for her) each day, blind and unable to see should Samuel J. Herring show up to finish what he started.  His record from age 11 speaks volumes as to what we as society can expect to see from him.  Therefore, I plead with you to protect society and be the voice forr abuse and refuse his release.
Sincerely,

Okay, any other typo's? LOL
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #645 on: July 16, 2009, 11:41:01 AM »

I changed it again --- to the voice against.   I only have half a brain today, can you tell? LOL

PS - voted for chase even though his new step mom looks like a size 2 ! LOL
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #646 on: July 16, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »

770 W. Broad St.,
Columbus, OH 43222

Inmate number A180009

Phyllis “endures” (I would say lives, but with the fear of him being released there is little living for her) each day, blind and unable to see should Samuel J. Herring show up to finish what he started.  His record from age 11 speaks volumes as to what we as society can expect to see from him.  Therefore, I plead with you to protect society and be the voice forr abuse and refuse his release.
Sincerely,

Okay, any other typo's? LOL

Oh nicely done. and I won't even adress if there are typos or not, seeing as I am the typo queen  Nice letter though Smile

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: July 16, 2009, 11:53:35 AM »

SeaMonkey - Thanks.  I ended up changing the last line to:  Therefore, I plead with you to protect society and be the voice against abuse and violent crimes against women; and refuse his release.

Also, if we forward our letters to JVM - maybe she will do a segment on her show.  She is big on crimes against women!  If you send her your letters, XXXXX out your last name so it doesn't show on TV if that is important to you.

Back in a bit - gonna get this out for the mail today!
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #648 on: July 16, 2009, 11:54:03 AM »

oh, and to all monkeys 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: July 16, 2009, 11:58:41 AM »

If a MOD peeks in here, I made a boo boo here:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5698.msg878235#msg878235

It should be Escondido, CA not Escondito, CA

Sorry & TIA, Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #650 on: July 16, 2009, 12:05:19 PM »

My brother ans SIL adopted a rescue dog, Chase. Chase was chosen as one of the rescue dogs to be featured on the ProPlan Rally to Rescue.

http://www.rallytorescue.org/doingmoreforpets/vote.aspx....

please vote for Chase as the organization will get a years free food.
There are some heart wrenching rescue stories on this website. Chases' is one of the better one. He is a happy dog and my brother and SIL know he is a blessing in their life. TIA

One vote for chase here!!!! We have been rescueing animals for a while ourselves, mostly cats though.  Always makes me feel good to see other people step up to the plate. 
If only each person would save one animal and neuter/spay........ an angelic monkey

traci
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: July 16, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »

Klaas- doing a little research on recent event sand you;'ve probably already been here with a fine tooth comb, but wanted to run this by you.  Can't find your throw-away addy?  Do you mind?

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #652 on: July 16, 2009, 12:19:32 PM »

Also, how do I screen capture from our old Musings?  I've got a few (6) posts I'm curious about.  Anyone?

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: July 16, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »

If a MOD peeks in here, I made a boo boo here:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5698.msg878235#msg878235

It should be Escondido, CA not Escondito, CA

Sorry & TIA, Lovinlife

Fixed 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: July 16, 2009, 12:34:45 PM »

Klaas- doing a little research on recent event sand you;'ve probably already been here with a fine tooth comb, but wanted to run this by you.  Can't find your throw-away addy?  Do you mind?

smklaas@hotmail.com

By the way, if you click on the SUBJECT url (Re: MONKEY MUSING DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #46) or whatever the live url is right above the message number of the old post you want to link to, the exact URL for that particular post will be in your web tool bar at the very top on your screen.  You don't have to screen cap if you give us the url.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: July 16, 2009, 12:42:19 PM »

My brother ans SIL adopted a rescue dog, Chase. Chase was chosen as one of the rescue dogs to be featured on the ProPlan Rally to Rescue.

There are some heart wrenching rescue stories on this website. Chases' is one of the better one. He is a happy dog and my brother and SIL know he is a blessing in their life. TIA

Sunny I voted.  Do you know if you can vote once a day ?

thanks NR...only one vote per email address

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: July 16, 2009, 12:43:33 PM »

Hi Monken...was just going over to look at your recent cakes....always fun to look at them...

Thanks cookie, sorry my response is late; multi-tasking 

Monken you are so talented. Each cake is so individual!!  You really are an artiste!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: July 16, 2009, 12:44:30 PM »

If only things were always this easy.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: July 16, 2009, 12:46:54 PM »

I changed it again --- to the voice against.   I only have half a brain today, can you tell? LOL

PS - voted for chase even though his new step mom looks like a size 2 ! LOL

ANJ...thank you... she is but it is because of medical issues....she was 85 lbs at one time....a skeleton with skin.....I love to go out to eat with her...NOT!!! Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: July 16, 2009, 12:51:30 PM »

One vote for chase here!!!! We have been rescueing animals for a while ourselves, mostly cats though.  Always makes me feel good to see other people step up to the plate. 
If only each person would save one animal and neuter/spay........ an angelic monkey

traci

thank you so much!!  We got Buddy nearly 4 months ago..a chocolate cocker...he has blossomed these past months....he was skinny and so frightened when we got him from the rescue....he still frightens easily, cowers at loud voices and loud noises and shakes if someone tried to pick him up...except me!  LOL  But he knows this is his home now. He learned to use the doggie door in a week and now goes and sits in front off the pantry for a treat!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.