March 29, 2024, 03:34:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #46 7/13/09 - 7/21/09  (Read 418341 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #920 on: July 17, 2009, 07:51:21 PM »

Hi Tibro - good to see you!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #921 on: July 17, 2009, 07:54:35 PM »

Hi Tibro - good to see you!

Hi Klaas.  Thank you - I am usually here in the rafters with the other "guests"   

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #922 on: July 17, 2009, 07:54:42 PM »

State's Attorney Troy King (Alabama) was just on TV saying he will try to charge the man who killed his wife scuba diving in Australia here in Alabama and ask the death penalty or capital punishment.  He is asking the courts in Australia to give a longer sentence at least.

I hope they will extradite him back to the states......he needs the DP or to rot in jail

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #923 on: July 17, 2009, 07:56:20 PM »

State's Attorney Troy King (Alabama) was just on TV saying he will try to charge the man who killed his wife scuba diving in Australia here in Alabama and ask the death penalty or capital punishment.  He is asking the courts in Australia to give a longer sentence at least.

I hope they will extradite him back to the states......he needs the DP or to rot in jail

I agree!  Thay have enough evidence, IMO!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: July 17, 2009, 08:00:03 PM »

Thanks, Tibro,

Yes, he was a trained rescue diver so how he could just do nothing is beyond the pale.  Deliberate IMO.  At least he is not getting away totally but I am not sure if Alabama can bring charges for something that happened elsewhere.  There are some new Homeland Security laws with which I am not familiar but hope the State's Attorney can at least do something, anything, even if under one of these new provisions of the law.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #925 on: July 17, 2009, 08:02:04 PM »

Seems like alot of people are being killed by their spouse on vacation and cruises lately....  I think I might be paranoid if my husband out of the blue plans a cruise for us.  (Mental note, wear life vest at all times......) Monkey Devil!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #926 on: July 17, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »

Mr. York - I'm about to sit down to dinner.  If you have any other requests please post them and I'll address them asap. 

As usual Klaas you are right on top of things, thank you. Have a nice dinner.

Mr. York,  I hope you enjoy reading SCARED Monkeys and I look forward to your contributions.   

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: July 17, 2009, 08:07:59 PM »

I am shocked to see a Senior Editor take this venue to express a complaint.  I, for one, will not be buying that paper anymore.

I was too.....a simple request was all that was needed...threats are so juvenile and unnecessary.

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #928 on: July 17, 2009, 08:09:15 PM »

Seems like alot of people are being killed by their spouse on vacation and cruises lately....  I think I might be paranoid if my husband out of the blue plans a cruise for us.  (Mental note, wear life vest at all times......) Monkey Devil!

My husband just made an out of the blue vacation for us. 

If I don't come back on after the 28th - somebody please call Cindy and George Anthony.  They will know exactly what to do! 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: July 17, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »

Hi Anna,

Most people here are not pleased about the result either.  This is the latest item about it all (it seems there is almost a local media blackout on the story since this date) :

Coroner urges murder trial for dive husband Gabe Watson

Article from: The Courier-Mail....Peter Michael....June 09, 2009 12:00am

THE coroner who ruled that honeymoon dive death husband Gabe Watson probably killed his wife deliberately by turning off her air supply has stood by his call for the convicted killer to face a murder trial.

David Glasgow, in a four-week inquest, found there was enough evidence to put the American bubble-wrap salesman and trained rescue diver in the dock before a jury.

"I did my job," he said yesterday. "It was up to the Government and the DPP to decide whether to prosecute or not."

In a case that has attracted worldwide attention, Watson, 32, was formally charged with the murder of his wife of 11 days, Tina, who died while scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef in October 2003.

But in a stunning twist, Watson, from Alabama, last week pleaded guilty in the Brisbane Supreme Court to the lesser charge of manslaughter and was given a 4½-year sentence. The 32-year-old will walk free from jail in a year.

Queensland Attorney-General Cameron Dick is considering an appeal amid public outcry and outrage from the family who have condemned the sentence as an "injustice".

Feelings are also running high in the US, where the Alabama Attorney-General said he would attempt to have Watson charged with murder when he was released from prison.

Mr Glasgow, in handing down his inquest findings in June last year, ruled there was a reasonable chance a properly instructed jury might find Watson guilty of murder.

He formally charged Watson with murder and issued an arrest warrant in handing up the case to the Queensland Director of Public Prosecutions.

Mr Glasgow, now Family Responsibilities Commissioner, declined to comment further saying he had requested sentencing remarks but was "in the dark" about any plea bargain deal.

The DPP took six months to investigate the likelihood of murder charges before filing an extradition request to the US.

It was not until Watson voluntarily surrendered to Australian authorities four weeks ago that he found the DPP was prepared to accept a plea of manslaughter.

Watson's defence barrister, Steve Zillman, yesterday would not elaborate on any backflip by the DPP.

But it is understood the DPP was anxious about proving the murder case beyond reasonable doubt with no clear motive, only one key witness and poor underwater visibility.

Comments about this story are not allowed for legal reasons.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25607656-952,00.html

Tib...thanks for bringing this to the board.  This SUCKS!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: July 17, 2009, 08:10:56 PM »

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #931 on: July 17, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »

I am shocked to see a Senior Editor take this venue to express a complaint.  I, for one, will not be buying that paper anymore.

I was too.....a simple request was all that was needed...threats are so juvenile and unnecessary.

He could have just emailed Red or Klaas!  There was no need to post a threat here.  Very unprofessional! 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #932 on: July 17, 2009, 08:11:52 PM »

If I don't come back on after the 28th - somebody please call Cindy and George Anthony.  They will know exactly what to do! 

Back to the B's???

Rest in Peace Caylee

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: July 17, 2009, 08:12:22 PM »

Worst of all would be a cruise to Aruba.  There, all you have to do is make the body disappear and voila!  No body, no case, no crime--Not even if you confess!  Twice, even.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #934 on: July 17, 2009, 08:13:06 PM »

He could have just emailed Red or Klaas!  There was no need to post a threat here.  Very unprofessional! 

Yep and I have a couple questions but I'll ask Klaas

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: July 17, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »

Worst of all would be a cruise to Aruba.  There, all you have to do is make the body disappear and voila!  No body, no case, no crime--Not even if you confess!  Twice, even.

We have given up 2 cruises that would have made a stop in Aruba...one was a FREE one and I refused to go. MY DH...that's husband, not Hubs said oh we will not disembark...we will make it a ship day...I said I didn't want to contribute one cent to that immoral island...he forgot about the port charges...when I reminded him he just gave up...smart man I married!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: July 17, 2009, 08:16:03 PM »

One would expect that a Senior Editor could spell the word "scared" as well.  Guess standards have slipped a bit over the years.

PERSONA NON GRATA

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #937 on: July 17, 2009, 08:20:02 PM »

Back to the B's???

Yep!!   
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: July 17, 2009, 08:20:06 PM »

O/T Walter Cronkite has just died at the age of 92.

PERSONA NON GRATA

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #939 on: July 17, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »

O/T Walter Cronkite has just died at the age of 92.

Thank you Anna!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.