April 30, 2024, 02:12:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fla. couple who adopted 12 children found slain  (Read 238824 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2009, 12:37:18 PM »

I only saw part of the presser. From the looks of it, I think the safe was found on the Yatch she was on, and maybe the gun/guns. We were wondering this morning if it was on the boat, heavy as it was, how did they get in on board without tipping it over. Were they planning on taking it out in the gulf and dumping it?? That would have been a feat in itself. Or were they going to go to some other port or even to the islands? Lots of questions going around in my mind.

And how in the world is she out on bond already? That smirk she had on her face yesterday reminded me of Casey. She acted like she was going to a party, rather than being arrested.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2009, 12:48:10 PM »

I only saw part of the presser. From the looks of it, I think the safe was found on the Yatch she was on, and maybe the gun/guns. We were wondering this morning if it was on the boat, heavy as it was, how did they get in on board without tipping it over. Were they planning on taking it out in the gulf and dumping it?? That would have been a feat in itself. Or were they going to go to some other port or even to the islands? Lots of questions going around in my mind.

And how in the world is she out on bond already? That smirk she had on her face yesterday reminded me of Casey. She acted like she was going to a party, rather than being arrested.   

I thought it came from the yacht too, which is large enough if you saw how big the safe was (I have one that size for old videos, photos and legal papers), and a 45 ft yacht would be plenty big enough to carry it off to some Island......I just can't figure out why she didn't go further away than OB, Al?????? Nor why she is out on 10m bond ......I agree she looked like a smart azz after they arrested her. Now, who wants to bid for the yacht that the Marshall's will soon be auctioning off  Monkey Devil!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2009, 12:55:02 PM »

Finally her arrest records........look at the confidential info portion, crap I hope Florida's liberal sunshine laws untangle that 

Rcd  Party Type  Name  Race  Gender  D.O.B. / D.O.D. 
1  Defendant  LONGWIGGINS, PAMELA     XRef-ID: 41108135  W  F  10/22/1961 
Address: 1206 SOUNDVIEW TRL GULF BREEZE FL  32561  (Home Address on 07/16/2009)

PARTY CHARGE SUMMARY 
Rcd  Chg/
Cnt  Phase  Charge Description  Charge Disposition  Disposition Date 
1  1  Initial  PUBLIC ORDER CRIMES-ACCESSORY AFT THE FACT 3RD DEG   
DISPOSITIONS 
Rcd  Status  Status Date  Disposition Code  Disp Date  Judge 
1  OPEN  07/16/2009  Undisposed   B / BELL , FRANK L 
DOCKETS 
Rcd  Date  Description  Document Tag # 
1   07/16/2009    NEW CASE AFFIDAVIT PROCESSED   
2   07/16/2009    ARREST DATE: 7/15/2009   
3   07/16/2009    DOCUMENT FILED WITH CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION   
4   07/16/2009    ARREST REPORT FILED   
EVENTS 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »

Source: Pensacola News Journal:

Wiggins drove van, hid safe
Kris Wernowsky • kwernowsky@pnj.com • July 16, 2009
·         
·         
·         
Before the planned invasion of the Billingses’ compound, a red minivan was left at a predetermined location near the Beulah crime scene to aid in the planned escape, investigators said. That minivan belonged to Pamela Wiggins, according to a police report.

Defendants cooperating with investigators said that the guns used during the robbery and killings were transferred into Wiggins’ minivan which was later observed at a her antique business in the 4300 of Gulf Breeze Parkway, according to an arrest report.
Wiggins was a passenger while the Billingses’ safe and the guns were in the van “and had knowledge these weapons were used by the suspects during the commission of the home invasion (and) double homicide.”
A neighbor reported that a second red vehicle sped away from Gonzalez Sr.’s Palm Court home in Escambia County with several people inside.
Hugh Wiggins, her husband, told investigators during an interview that the safe was stolen during the robbery at the Billingses’ home and was hidden in the back yard of one of his wife’s homes, the report said.
Property records show that Wiggins owns at least six pieces of property in Santa Rosa County. The arrest report doesn’t indicate where the safe was found.

ADD to this, if you do a google map search of 1206 soundview, gulf breeze, fl and do the street view, she has this red mini-van parked in her yard!

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2009, 02:02:55 PM »

Source: Pensacola News Journal:

Wiggins drove van, hid safe
·         
·         
·         
Before the planned invasion of the Billingses’ compound, a red minivan was left at a predetermined location near the Beulah crime scene to aid in the planned escape, investigators said. That minivan belonged to Pamela Wiggins, according to a police report.

Defendants cooperating with investigators said that the guns used during the robbery and killings were transferred into Wiggins’ minivan which was later observed at a her antique business in the 4300 of Gulf Breeze Parkway, according to an arrest report.
Wiggins was a passenger while the Billingses’ safe and the guns were in the van “and had knowledge these weapons were used by the suspects during the commission of the home invasion (and) double homicide.”
A neighbor reported that a second red vehicle sped away from Gonzalez Sr.’s Palm Court home in Escambia County with several people inside.
Hugh Wiggins, her husband, told investigators during an interview that the safe was stolen during the robbery at the Billingses’ home and was hidden in the back yard of one of his wife’s homes, the report said.
Property records show that Wiggins owns at least six pieces of property in Santa Rosa County. The arrest report doesn’t indicate where the safe was found.

ADD to this, if you do a google map search of 1206 soundview, gulf breeze, fl and do the street view, she has this red mini-van parked in her yard! 

Forgot the link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1206+soundview+trail,+gulf+breeze,+fl&oe=utf8&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=us&ei=El1fSqo6kZ4xu4qwrgI&ll=30.357934,-87.167308&spn=0,359.986417&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=30.353107,-87.167222&panoid=OdMeBgYuYaQakU0dWhSQVQ&cbp=12,348.96,,1,-3.82

Her house actually shows up as 1230 Soundview Trail on the north side of the street, not directly on the sound side.

[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2009, 02:20:17 PM »

Wow, and the house where the red van is parked, is one great looking house.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2009, 03:30:32 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_florida_couple_slain
Loose ends still need tying in Fla. couple deaths
July 16, 2009
  By BILL KACZOR, Associated Press Writer Bill Kaczor, Associated Press Writer   – 42 mins ago

PENSACOLA, Fla. – Investigators have found a safe stolen during a precisely executed, deadly home break-in at the home of a wealthy Florida Panhandle couple, authorities said Thursday.

Melanie and Byrd Billings, who were known for adopting 13 children with special needs, were fatally shot last week. Surveillance cameras captured footage of masked men — some dressed as ninjas — slipping into front and back doors of their home near Pensacola.

Eight people have been charged — seven with murder and one with being an accessory after the fact

State Attorney Bill Eddins wouldn't say where the safe was found, what was in it or what else might have been taken from the home.

He also said investigators have found several guns, including at least one they believe was used to kill the Billingses.

Eddins said the case was mostly wrapped up.

"In our opinion this was a home invasion robbery where the people stole a safe," he said. "It was as simple as that as to the motive."

But Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said at a news conference with Eddins that other motives may emerge and there are still people investigators want to talk to.

"We have some people of interest that we're continuing to look at and I can tell you that those are now numerous people," Morgan said.

One of those people may have been someone who failed to carry out an assignment to disable surveillance cameras at the sprawling nine-bedroom home.

Morgan said a major hole in the investigation is why the cameras weren't turned off, marring an otherwise perfect crime. The surveillance videos led investigators to a red van used as a used as a getaway car and eventually to the suspects, a loosely connected group of mostly day laborers who knew each other through a power washing business and an auto detailing operation.

"It is a combination of friendships, casual business relationships that brought this group together," Morgan said.

Deputies on Wednesday arrested the eighth suspect, 47-year-old Pamela Long Wiggins, charging her with accessory after the fact to murder, which carries a maximum sentence of 30 years in prison.

The other seven — six men an a 16-year-old boy — each face two counts of murder.

Wiggins was freed on a $10,000 bond, the teen is being held in detention and the six men are jailed without bond.

Morgan has said Wiggins is a friend and landlord to 35-year-old Leonard Gonzalez Jr., described as a "pivotal person" in organizing the break-in. Gonzalez, who is charged with murder, proclaimed his innocence in court Tuesday.

Morgan said Thursday that Wiggins led them to evidence, though he would not be more specific.

Morgan also confirmed that the Drug Enforcement Administration is assisting with the investigation of the suspects, but he said the agency is not investigating the Billings family.

He said Escambia County officials have also sought help from other federal agencies including the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Nine of the couple's 13 adopted children were home during the break-in. Three saw the intruders but were not hurt. The couple also had four children from previous marriages.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2009, 03:32:47 PM »

Wow, and the house where the red van is parked, is one great looking house.

And in a high dollar area, Gulf Breeze proper, right across the street from the sound which is directly before the beach over the bridge.......I'll have to check to see if this was one of her homes in pre-foreclosure.

[
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2009, 03:43:59 PM »

The more that comes out, the madder and madder I get.  Disgusting.  I hope they throw the book at this Pamela person.  I hope they didn't make some kind of deal for the information.  What a sack of crap.  She knew.  Uggghh. 

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2009, 03:48:21 PM »

The more that comes out, the madder and madder I get.  Disgusting.  I hope they throw the book at this Pamela person.  I hope they didn't make some kind of deal for the information.  What a sack of crap.  She knew.  Uggghh. 

I'm leaning that way too~I wonder if they are doing with they did Gonzales Sr, first they only charged him with tampering with evidence - now he has two cahrges of open murder on the books, I pray to God they are following her and keeping close tabs.

[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2009, 03:52:28 PM »

I'm leaning that way too~I wonder if they are doing with they did Gonzales Sr, first they only charged him with tampering with evidence - now he has two cahrges of open murder on the books, I pray to God they are following her and keeping close tabs.

From the news articles posted here, it looks like DEA, ATF, FBI and etc. are all on board in the investigation.  Between them, I hope for a thorough investigation.  I hope each and every possible lead is followed.  I hope each person that has ANY kind of involvement in this is followed up on and brought in and charged if charges can be made.  I hope they nail the people responsible for this to the wall.  I'm mighty interested to find out what was worth so much to the people who committed this crime?  They must have been extremely confident they would be able to pull off this off.   It looks like so far, there are at LEAST 8 people that had knowledge this crime was in the plans.  There were guns involved and used to shoot the Billings. To me, if you bring in guns, you intend to shoot.  If you intend to shoot, you intend to kill.  Trigger man or not, they all have blood on their hands.  And there is a house full of disabled children without parents.     I keep wonder if maybe a couple of these guys were just losers in life.  Maybe they felt superior or maybe they enjoyed the thrill of the practicing, since it appears there was at least a month's planning.  Was it desperation?  I don't know.  It's hard for me to think like someone that would do these things.  All jmho.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:07:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2009, 03:56:24 PM »

Breaking info: Pam Wiggins Red minivan (in the photo of home I linked) was the other get-a-way vehicle, it carried the safe and the guns to the backyard of a home she owned.......that's FAR worse than accessory after the fact, sounds more like conspiracy to me

That house posted IS in preforeclosure  Just thought I'd check that specific property out.

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2009, 03:58:30 PM »

Looks like we were right according to what was just released........Love your new avi also Muffy, everyone looks so cute in their summer duds!!!!!!!

[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2009, 04:00:42 PM »

Breaking info: Pam Wiggins Red minivan (in the photo of home I linked) was the other get-a-way vehicle, it carried the safe and the guns to the backyard of a home she owned.......that's FAR worse than accessory after the fact, sounds more like conspiracy to me

That house posted IS in preforeclosure  Just thought I'd check that specific property out.
This is the strangest case. You very seldom see so many people involved in a home invasion. Wonder what was all in that safe?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2009, 04:06:20 PM »

This is the strangest case. You very seldom see so many people involved in a home invasion. Wonder what was all in that safe?

I can't even imagine....it didn't look that big and unless they had a chitload of bearer bonds, I can't imagine what could be split 9 ways so far....I've never seen anything involving this many people ever.

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2009, 04:08:23 PM »

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090716/NEWS01/90716008

Wiggins rode in van, hid Billings' safe

Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us
 Facebook
 Digg
 Reddit
 Newsvine
 Buzz up!Twitter
  Before the planned invasion of the Billingses’ compound, a red minivan was left near the Beulah crime scene to aid in the planned escape, investigators said.

That minivan belonged to Pamela Wiggins, according to a police report.

[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2009, 04:09:24 PM »

From the news articles posted here, it looks like DEA, ATF, FBI and etc. are all on board in the investigation.  Between them, I hope for a thorough investigation.  I hope each and every possible lead is followed.  I hope each person that has ANY kind of involvement in this is followed up on and brought in and charged if charges can be made.  I hope they nail the people responsible for this to the wall.  I'm mighty interested to find out what was worth so much to the people who committed this crime?  They must have been extremely confident they would be able to pull off this off.   It looks like so far, there are at LEAST 8 people that had knowledge this crime was in the plans.  There were guns involved and used to shoot the Billings. To me, if you bring in guns, you intend to shoot.  If you intend to shoot, you intend to kill.  Trigger man or not, they all have blood on their hands.  And there is a house full of disabled children without parents.     I keep wonder if maybe a couple of these guys were just losers in life.  Maybe they felt superior or maybe they enjoyed the thrill of the practicing, since it appears there was at least a month's planning.  Was it desperation?  I don't know.  It's hard for me to think like someone that would do these things.  All jmho.

Bumping my own quote, because I modified my post.  I am in agreement with what was said, and wanted to add the above. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2009, 04:11:03 PM »

I wonder about Hugh Wiggins.  Did he know or suspect ANYTHING at all about this before it happened?  And what about after? 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »

Bumping my own quote, because I modified my post.  I am in agreement with what was said, and wanted to add the above. 

I have heard around here Gonzales, jr (the pivotal role played by this jerkwad), has a major attitide problems and thinks he is superior to others with hisx martial arts ). His neigbhors complained about how he would whip out a gun in the yard and threaten anyone over anything.

I agree they ALL (even the 16 yr old) have blood on their hands and now the Markhams are left too pick up the pieces from a already fragile family that is now broken.

Ditto on everything you posted!

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2009, 04:26:48 PM »

I wonder about Hugh Wiggins.  Did he know or suspect ANYTHING at all about this before it happened?  And what about after? 

I'm curious too~he is on one of the sites talking about how much "unaccounted for money" and how capable she is of being involved in this type of crime, I'll see if I can find it for you before I go home.

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.