April 30, 2024, 03:12:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fla. couple who adopted 12 children found slain  (Read 238756 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #460 on: July 23, 2009, 09:28:43 PM »

If I were that Pamela woman, thank God I'm not, I'd be watching my back.  Her boyfriend sounds like he wouldn't take kindly to a snitch and with such a low bail amount, that is what she sounds like.  Vengenance is not a new concept in his world.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #461 on: July 23, 2009, 09:34:30 PM »

If I were that Pamela woman, thank God I'm not, I'd be watching my back.  Her boyfriend sounds like he wouldn't take kindly to a snitch and with such a low bail amount, that is what she sounds like.  Vengenance is not a new concept in his world.

I think you're right  If I was her, I might actually feel safer BEHIND bars......a guy in my office went to school with Pat Poff aka Leonard Gonzales, Jr and he tells me he has always been crazy/sociopath and has a huge chip on his shoulder-always out to prove something. Then you have this nut Pam out having lunch and going to starbucks (I swear I worry about running into her--it's so small here) 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #462 on: July 23, 2009, 09:40:37 PM »

This from Rick's blog:

Categorized Under: Escambia County, May 11 2009
Last November, a man walked into Pen Air/Members First Credit Union in the Live Oak Village Shopping Center, Gulf Breeze. He is described as a white male in a black hood sweatshirt and wearing blue jeans, black or brown shoes, black gloves and carrying a gun. He looks to be in his late 20s to early 30s around 5’8” and weighing about 180 lbs. His face was covered so that just his eyes were showing.

After robbing the credit union, he is seen driving off in a large red SUV.

The newspaper article on the crime wrote “the robber apparently planned the heist meticulously and knew the lay of the land.”

Does this sound like anyone we know in the Billings murders? Does it sound like a Ninja robber?

Same description of the Suntrust suspect???? LMAO about th etitle of this article:

Ninja epidemic in Gulf Breeze

July 23 20092 Commented
Categorized Under: Escambia County, May 11 2009

There was another bank robbery involving someone dress in Ninja grab. In November 2007, the SunTrust Bank on Hoffman Drive in Gulf Breeze was robbed.

Description of robber: White male, approximately 5 foot 8 inches tall, weighing around 160 pounds, dressed in a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, black gloves and a black mask.

This time he fled in a silver or gold Toyota or Honda.

Does this robber sound familiar?

http://ricksblog.biz/?p=6983

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #463 on: July 23, 2009, 10:30:03 PM »

http://www.weartv.com/

ESCAMBIA COUNTY - You can expect to start hearing a lot less from Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan about the murders of Byrd and Melanie Billings.

The sheriff's spokesperson says the public phase of the investigation is winding down.

Channel Three's Dan Thomas joins us now live from south Santa Rosa County at the Magnolia Antique Mall. Dan.

The public phase of the investigation may be winding down but some national media outlets are just getting started. Many have already made the trip out to Highway 98 to this antique mall owned by Pamela Long Wiggins.

After the Billings were murdered, according to affidavit, the suspects and Pamela Long Wiggins met here to split up the goods and give back their weapons. One of the many scenes from this story our sheriff has said could be the bases for a Hollywood movie.

Thursday, July 23 2009, 19:11 PM EST

ANOTHER ONE FROM WEAR:

ESCAMBIA COUNTY - You can expect to start hearing a lot less from Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan about the murders of Byrd and Melanie Billings.

The sheriff's spokesperson says the public phase of the investigation is winding down.

Channel Three's Dan Thomas joins us now live from south Santa Rosa County at the Magnolia Antique Mall. Dan.

The public phase of the investigation may be winding down but some national media outlets are just getting started.

Many have already made the trip out to Highway 98 to this antique mall owned by Pamela Long Wiggins.

After the Billings were murdered, according to affidavit, the suspects and Pamela Long Wiggins met here to split up the goods and give back their weapons.

One of the many scenes from this story our sheriff has said could be the bases for a Hollywood movie.

"The case consumed everybody."

The sheriff's spokesman, Sgt. Ted Roy, says the public phase of the investigation is winding down meaning we'll be hearing a lot less of this.

Sheriff: "We've found them"
"It's like playing mastermind chess"
"Beanie babies and buble gum"

Ted: "He'll continue to talk, but we're going to taper it back and he'll get back to running an 78 or 80 million dollar sheriff's office."

But while the sheriff directs attention to other areas, the national media is staying on the story.

Keith: "Frankly it's showing off Pensacola as a pretty interesting place, your sheriff is something."

Dateline NBC Correspondent Keith Morrison says he's fascinated by this case.

Keith: "How many families have adopted all these special needs children and then were cut down is such a horrific and brutal way no matter what the cause may have been"

But Morrison says that's not what makes this a Dateline story. The difference has been Sheriff David Morgan.

Keith: Frankly, when I first I heard about this story when they asked me to take part in it, I wasn't that keen until I, and forgive me for saying this, got bitten by the bug like everyone else the uncertainty of it all the mystery and what is that man really saying what's he hiding what's he trying to reveal."

As for how long the national media will be here, Morrison says he's worked on a story for as little as a day and a half and as long as eleven years. Billings' Murder Gets National Attention

[
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #464 on: July 23, 2009, 11:02:04 PM »

I think you're right  If I was her, I might actually feel safer BEHIND bars......a guy in my office went to school with Pat Poff aka Leonard Gonzales, Jr and he tells me he has always been crazy/sociopath and has a huge chip on his shoulder-always out to prove something. Then you have this nut Pam out having lunch and going to starbucks (I swear I worry about running into her--it's so small here) 

Lordy, what would you say to such a person?  How's trixs?

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #465 on: July 23, 2009, 11:07:55 PM »

Lordy, what would you say to such a person?  How's trixs?

LOL~Nothing I could post on here without getting banned

[
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #466 on: July 23, 2009, 11:11:38 PM »

I hear (or don't hear) that!  What an evil person!
 rambo

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #467 on: July 23, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »

I hear (or don't hear) that!  What an evil person!
 rambo

Evil and manipulative.......a deadly combination   

[
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #468 on: July 23, 2009, 11:25:55 PM »

http://www.weartv.com/

The public phase of the investigation may be winding down but some national media outlets are just getting started. Many have already made the trip out to Highway 98 to this antique mall owned by Pamela Long Wiggins.

After the Billings were murdered, according to affidavit, the suspects and Pamela Long Wiggins met here to split up the goods and give back their weapons. One of the many scenes from this story our sheriff has said could be the bases for a Hollywood movie.

Thursday, July 23 2009, 19:11 PM EST

ANOTHER ONE FROM WEAR:

The public phase of the investigation may be winding down but some national media outlets are just getting started.

Many have already made the trip out to Highway 98 to this antique mall owned by Pamela Long Wiggins.

After the Billings were murdered, according to affidavit, the suspects and Pamela Long Wiggins met here to split up the goods and give back their weapons.

One of the many scenes from this story our sheriff has said could be the bases for a Hollywood movie.

"The case consumed everybody."

The sheriff's spokesman, Sgt. Ted Roy, says the public phase of the investigation is winding down meaning we'll be hearing a lot less of this.

Sheriff: "We've found them"
"It's like playing mastermind chess"
"Beanie babies and buble gum"

Ted: "He'll continue to talk, but we're going to taper it back and he'll get back to running an 78 or 80 million dollar sheriff's office."

But while the sheriff directs attention to other areas, the national media is staying on the story.

Keith: "Frankly it's showing off Pensacola as a pretty interesting place, your sheriff is something."

Dateline NBC Correspondent Keith Morrison says he's fascinated by this case.

Keith: "How many families have adopted all these special needs children and then were cut down is such a horrific and brutal way no matter what the cause may have been"

But Morrison says that's not what makes this a Dateline story. The difference has been Sheriff David Morgan.

Keith: Frankly, when I first I heard about this story when they asked me to take part in it, I wasn't that keen until I, and forgive me for saying this, got bitten by the bug like everyone else the uncertainty of it all the mystery and what is that man really saying what's he hiding what's he trying to reveal."

As for how long the national media will be here, Morrison says he's worked on a story for as little as a day and a half and as long as eleven years. Billings' Murder Gets National Attention

Keith Morrison is the reporter who did the Natalee story on Dateline.  It started out as a Story on Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch and ended up exposing the cage that the Persistence crew had discovered with what appeared to be a skull
and a tennis shoe inside.  Keith Morrison opened the whole can of worms.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #469 on: July 24, 2009, 12:38:31 AM »

Here's something new...
The mother and wife Of Patrick Poff are in hiding from....
Get this.....Mexican gang / Mob
From what my sources tell me the two are terrified to go to work or any where else for that matter ...

Now the mom Terrie is not a bad person nor is the wife (Tabbitha)..."But" why are they in hiding?
Terrie never should have married that scum bag ...But she was young and it was the 70's...

Just a comment I found on the PNJ site.... 

[
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #470 on: July 24, 2009, 01:01:15 AM »

Here's something new...
From what my sources tell me the two are terrified to go to work or any where else for that matter ...

Now the mom Terrie is not a bad person nor is the wife (Tabbitha)..."But" why are they in hiding?
Terrie never should have married that scum bag ...But she was young and it was the 70's...

If they're afraid cause of their history with him, dear Pamela might be drinking her last Starbucks!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #471 on: July 24, 2009, 01:05:40 AM »

Here's something new...

If they're afraid cause of their history with him, dear Pamela might be drinking her last Starbucks!

Monkey Devil! I bet there is more than a shot of coffee in her cup....

[
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #472 on: July 24, 2009, 01:08:25 AM »

Here's something new...

Monkey Devil! I bet there is more than a shot of coffee in her cup....

I bet it more than Bailey's Irish Creme -- whadda think!
 shaking

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: July 24, 2009, 08:31:34 AM »

Now why would Pat's wife and mom be worried about a MEXICAN gang?? Is Pamela running her Magnolia Antique store like nothing ever happened? Where are the Tice's? Who would profit from both the Billings being dead? Has Pamela been allowed to go out on her yatch for the weekend with her sort of husband? Who was the man with the long gray pony tail walking with her on the pier the day she got arrested? Why did Hugh Wiggins know where the safe was buried in the yard? What did he know and why has he not been charged? If Pamela was in on the planning and drove the red minivan to the location, what was she only charged with assessory "after" the fact? What polical undercurrents are at work here, and who is sitting on Sheriff Morgan? Things I am wondering about this morning.....

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #474 on: July 24, 2009, 11:25:45 AM »

Good morning Fanny Mae, if you'll check back on reply #450 by Island, she gave a good run down on the wording of the statutue.  It ain't going to be minor.  It is somewhat perplexing that her bail was set so low.  If I was her, as stated above, it would make be nervous.  It is was the wife and Mom, I would be very worried.  Nothing would be beyond what anyone in this group desiring vengenance would do.
Maybe Island's reply needs to be bumped.  Me not know how to do that.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #475 on: July 24, 2009, 11:26:50 AM »

sorry about the misspells -- not enough coffee yet.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: July 24, 2009, 11:39:24 AM »

sorry about the misspells -- not enough coffee yet.

Good Morning Sister.  an angelic monkey

I will go back and bump the post for those that might not have seen it. I know she can get 30 years, but that still does not seem to be enough to me.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: July 24, 2009, 11:41:32 AM »

I've been curious about the charge of accessory after the fact and Pam Wiggin's possible 30 yr sentence, so I looked thru the FL statutes and found this ODD wording and punishment guidelines:

http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/index.cfm?App_Mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0777/Sec03.htm&StatuteYear=2004

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 777
PRINCIPAL; ACCESSORY; ATTEMPT; SOLICITATION; CONSPIRACY View Entire Chapter

777.03  Accessory after the fact.--

(1)(a)  Any person not standing in the relation of husband or wife, parent or grandparent, child or grandchild, brother or sister, by consanguinity or affinity to the offender, who maintains or assists the principal or accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed a felony or been accessory thereto before the fact, with intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

(b)  Any person, regardless of the relation to the offender, who maintains or assists the principal or accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed the offense of child abuse, neglect of a child, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child under 18 years of age, or murder of a child under 18 years of age, or had been accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact unless the court finds that the person is a victim of domestic violence.
(2)(a)  If the felony offense committed is a capital felony, the offense of accessory after the fact is a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(b)  If the felony offense committed is a life felony or a felony of the first degree, the offense of accessory after the fact is a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(c)  If the felony offense committed is a felony of the second degree or a felony of the third degree ranked in level 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 under s. 921.0022 or s. 921.0023, the offense of accessory after the fact is a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(d)  If the felony offense committed is a felony of the third degree ranked in level 1 or level 2 under s. 921.0022 or s. 921.0023, the offense of accessory after the fact is a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3)  Except as otherwise provided in s. 921.0022, for purposes of sentencing under chapter 921 and determining incentive gain-time eligibility under chapter 944, the offense of accessory after the fact is ranked two levels below the ranking under s. 921.0022 or s. 921.0023 of the felony offense committed.

History.--s. 6, sub-ch. 11, ch. 1637, 1868; RS 2356; GS 3180; RGS 5010; CGL 7112; s. 700, ch. 71-136; s. 65, ch. 74-383; s. 13, ch. 95-184; s. 16, ch. 97-194; s. 15, ch. 99-168.

Note.--Former s. 776.03.

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 775
DEFINITIONS; GENERAL PENALTIES; REGISTRATION OF CRIMINALS View Entire Chapter

775.082  Penalties; applicability of sentencing structures; mandatory minimum sentences for certain reoffenders previously released from prison.--

(1)  A person who has been convicted of a capital felony shall be punished by death if the proceeding held to determine sentence according to the procedure set forth in s. 921.141 results in findings by the court that such person shall be punished by death, otherwise such person shall be punished by life imprisonment and shall be ineligible for parole.

(2)  In the event the death penalty in a capital felony is held to be unconstitutional by the Florida Supreme Court or the United States Supreme Court, the court having jurisdiction over a person previously sentenced to death for a capital felony shall cause such person to be brought before the court, and the court shall sentence such person to life imprisonment as provided in subsection (1). No sentence of death shall be reduced as a result of a determination that a method of execution is held to be unconstitutional under the State Constitution or the Constitution of the United States.

(3)  A person who has been convicted of any other designated felony may be punished as follows:

(a)1.  For a life felony committed prior to October 1, 1983, by a term of imprisonment for life or for a term of years not less than 30.

2.  For a life felony committed on or after October 1, 1983, by a term of imprisonment for life or by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 40 years.

3.  For a life felony committed on or after July 1, 1995, by a term of imprisonment for life or by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life imprisonment.

(b)  For a felony of the first degree, by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 30 years or, when specifically provided by statute, by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life imprisonment.

(c)  For a felony of the second degree, by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 15 years.

(d)  For a felony of the third degree, by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 5 years.

(4)  A person who has been convicted of a designated misdemeanor may be sentenced as follows:

(a)  For a misdemeanor of the first degree, by a definite term of imprisonment not exceeding 1 year;

(b)  For a misdemeanor of the second degree, by a definite term of imprisonment not exceeding 60 days.

(5)  Any person who has been convicted of a noncriminal violation may not be sentenced to a term of imprisonment nor to any other punishment more severe than a fine, forfeiture, or other civil penalty, except as provided in chapter 316 or by ordinance of any city or county.

(6)  Nothing in this section shall be construed to alter the operation of any statute of this state authorizing a trial court, in its discretion, to impose a sentence of imprisonment for an indeterminate period within minimum and maximum limits as provided by law, except as provided in subsection (1).

(7)  This section does not deprive the court of any authority conferred by law to decree a forfeiture of property, suspend or cancel a license, remove a person from office, or impose any other civil penalty. Such a judgment or order may be included in the sentence.

(Cool(a)  The sentencing guidelines that were effective October 1, 1983, and any revisions thereto, apply to all felonies, except capital felonies, committed on or after October 1, 1983, and before January 1, 1994, and to all felonies, except capital felonies and life felonies, committed before October 1, 1983, when the defendant affirmatively selects to be sentenced pursuant to such provisions.

(b)  The 1994 sentencing guidelines, that were effective January 1, 1994, and any revisions thereto, apply to all felonies, except capital felonies, committed on or after January 1, 1994, and before October 1, 1995.

(c)  The 1995 sentencing guidelines that were effective October 1, 1995, and any revisions thereto, apply to all felonies, except capital felonies, committed on or after October 1, 1995, and before October 1, 1998.

(d)  The Criminal Punishment Code applies to all felonies, except capital felonies, committed on or after October 1, 1998. Any revision to the Criminal Punishment Code applies to sentencing for all felonies, except capital felonies, committed on or after the effective date of the revision.

(e)  Felonies, except capital felonies, with continuing dates of enterprise shall be sentenced under the sentencing guidelines or the Criminal Punishment Code in effect on the beginning date of the criminal activity.

(9)(a)1.  "Prison releasee reoffender" means any defendant who commits, or attempts to commit:

a.  Treason;

b.  Murder;

c.  Manslaughter;

d.  Sexual battery;

e.  Carjacking;

f.  Home-invasion robbery;

g.  Robbery;

h.  Arson;

i.  Kidnapping;

j.  Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon;

k.  Aggravated battery;

l.  Aggravated stalking;

m.  Aircraft piracy;

n.  Unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb;

o.  Any felony that involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against an individual;

p.  Armed burglary;

q.  Burglary of a dwelling or burglary of an occupied structure; or

r.  Any felony violation of s. 790.07, s. 800.04, s. 827.03, or s. 827.071;

within 3 years after being released from a state correctional facility operated by the Department of Corrections or a private vendor or within 3 years after being released from a correctional institution of another state, the District of Columbia, the United States, any possession or territory of the United States, or any foreign jurisdiction, following incarceration for an offense for which the sentence is punishable by more than 1 year in this state.

2.  "Prison releasee reoffender" also means any defendant who commits or attempts to commit any offense listed in sub-subparagraphs (a)1.a.-r. while the defendant was serving a prison sentence or on escape status from a state correctional facility operated by the Department of Corrections or a private vendor or while the defendant was on escape status from a correctional institution of another state, the District of Columbia, the United States, any possession or territory of the United States, or any foreign jurisdiction, following incarceration for an offense for which the sentence is punishable by more than 1 year in this state.

3.  If the state attorney determines that a defendant is a prison releasee reoffender as defined in subparagraph 1., the state attorney may seek to have the court sentence the defendant as a prison releasee reoffender. Upon proof from the state attorney that establishes by a preponderance of the evidence that a defendant is a prison releasee reoffender as defined in this section, such defendant is not eligible for sentencing under the sentencing guidelines and must be sentenced as follows:

a.  For a felony punishable by life, by a term of imprisonment for life;

b.  For a felony of the first degree, by a term of imprisonment of 30 years;

c.  For a felony of the second degree, by a term of imprisonment of 15 years; and

d.  For a felony of the third degree, by a term of imprisonment of 5 years.

(b)  A person sentenced under paragraph (a) shall be released only by expiration of sentence and shall not be eligible for parole, control release, or any form of early release. Any person sentenced under paragraph (a) must serve 100 percent of the court-imposed sentence.

(c)  Nothing in this subsection shall prevent a court from imposing a greater sentence of incarceration as authorized by law, pursuant to s. 775.084 or any other provision of law.

(d)1.  It is the intent of the Legislature that offenders previously released from prison who meet the criteria in paragraph (a) be punished to the fullest extent of the law and as provided in this subsection, unless the state attorney determines that extenuating circumstances exist which preclude the just prosecution of the offender, including whether the victim recommends that the offender not be sentenced as provided in this subsection.

2.  For every case in which the offender meets the criteria in paragraph (a) and does not receive the mandatory minimum prison sentence, the state attorney must explain the sentencing deviation in writing and place such explanation in the case file maintained by the state attorney. On an annual basis, each state attorney shall submit copies of deviation memoranda regarding offenses committed on or after the effective date of this subsection, to the president of the Florida Prosecuting Attorneys Association, Inc. The association must maintain such information, and make such information available to the public upon request, for at least a 10-year period.

(10)  The purpose of this section is to provide uniform punishment for those crimes made punishable under this section and, to this end, a reference to this section constitutes a general reference under the doctrine of incorporation by reference.

History.--s. 3, ch. 71-136; ss. 1, 2, ch. 72-118; s. 2, ch. 72-724; s. 5, ch. 74-383; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 1, ch. 83-87; s. 1, ch. 94-228; s. 16, ch. 95-184; s. 4, ch. 95-294; s. 2, ch. 97-239; s. 2, ch. 98-3; s. 10, ch. 98-204; s. 2, ch. 99-188; s. 3, ch. 2000-246; s. 1, ch. 2001-239; s. 2, ch. 2002-70; ss. 1, 2, ch. 2002-211.

BUMPED

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #478 on: July 24, 2009, 11:52:21 AM »

http://www.northescambia.com/?p=9711

Pamela Wiggins Was Once Suspected In $300,000 Arson
July 24, 2009

Pamela Long Wiggins, accused as an accessory in the murders of Pamela and Byrd Billings, was once under suspicion for an arson that caused more than $300,000 in damage in Albany, Georgia.

The Albany Herald reports that Wiggins, 47, was under suspicion of arson according to Albany Fire Chief James Carswell. The newspaper reported:

In Albany she was married in 1988 to Charles Thomas Coco, divorce papers state. She had a son and the couple divorced in September 1992. Coco is now deceased according to a wedding announcement at OnlineAthens.com.

It is unclear whether the 1992 fire happened before or after the divorce.

“The way I understand it, someone went through this property with flammable liquids and set it on fire,” Carswell said. “It caused more than $300,000 worth of damage, according to the report.”

Wiggins remains free on $10,000 bail on the accessory charge in the Billings murder. Her next scheduled court appearance is an arraignment hearing on August 6.

For the complete story from the Albany Herald, click here.

link to Albany Herald article (From July 17)

http://www.albanyherald.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=4317

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: July 24, 2009, 11:56:11 AM »

Sorry if this is a repeat.  There is also a video at this link:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/Wiggins_Mum_On_Association_With_Murder

Wiggins mum on
association with murder
Updated: Thursday, 23 Jul 2009, 7:13 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 23 Jul 2009, 5:37 PM CDT

Hubert Tate
Liz Nelson
Photojournalist: Franz Barraza
GULF BREEZE, Fla. - Pamela Long Wiggins is the only suspect in the murder case of Byrd and Melanie Billings who's out of jail.

Wednesday evening, FOX10 spotted her walking into a Gulf Breeze restaurant. So we waited outside for her to come out, so she could tell her side of the story. She didn't tell us anything, but gave us a quick smile.

Deputies first took her in for questioning after she was found at an Orange Beach Marina. She was on a yacht called the Classy Lady. A few hours later, she was arrested and charged with accessory after the fact. Her bond was set at $10,000.

"We had reservations on bonding her out. The judge gave her a bond, a low bond. Didn't see on the news as one of the seven. We said we'd give her a chance," said bailsbondsman Wallace Haywood.

Former longtime Baldwin County District Attorney David Whetstone says there may be several reasons Wiggins was given such a low bond.

"Some of the reasons the state would not ask for such a bond, or allow this to happen, is that she is cooperating. Or it may be her involvement is very minimal as opposed to the others," said Whetstone.

Investigators say a safe stolen from the Billings home was found buried in Wiggins backyard. It was buried under a pile of bricks.

Investigators also say wiggins left her mini-van near the Billings home, to aid in the get-away plan. Whetstone says the case looks weird from top to bottom.

"Somebody had to believe there was something in that safe, whether it was true or not that they had to get. Whether it was money or information or something, something bad against them, whatever it was, it was that important."

For now, Wiggins will remain out of jail. Her involvement will ultimately be determined in a courtroom.

Two weeks from Thursday, Wiggins will be in court for an arraignment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.