April 30, 2024, 02:00:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fla. couple who adopted 12 children found slain  (Read 238747 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: August 02, 2009, 12:13:11 AM »

When you consider the rocky relationship between the Billings and their son and ... when you consider that benefits that would be reaped by the son upon their death ... is it possible ...

Janet

+++++++++

PENSACOLA, Fla., July 15, 2009
Slain Couple May Have Had Money Troubles
Billings Sued Own Son for Child Support for Granddaughter, Documents Show; DEA Probing Murder as Cops Arrest Eighth Suspect

Court documents show the Billings, who were known for adopting 13 children with special needs, sued their own adult son for child support in 2008 after they took in his daughter - their granddaughter - in 2006, reports CBS News correspondent Terrell Brown.

They also had asked for a $50,000 life insurance policy for the then-18-year-old girl, with themselves as the beneficiaries.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/16/national/main5163759.shtml

Police Acknowledge 'Possibility' That Florida Couple Could Be Murder-for-Hire Victims
Saturday, August 01, 2009

Authorities said Friday night they have not ruled out the possibility that the murders of a wealthy Florida couple could have been contract hits.

The Escambia County Sheriff's Office previously had refused to address whether the home-invasion shootings of Byrd and Melanie Billings may have been murders-for-hire. The couple, known for adopting special needs children, were found dead July 9.

Two unidentified sources told a cable news network that there were double motives for the crime: robbery and contract killings. The sources reportedly said suspected crime ringleader Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Jr. orchestrated the hit, but that most of the team of accomplices working for him believed they were only there to commit robbery.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan would neither confirm nor deny at a Friday night news conference whether the report was accurate.

"It's always a possibility," he said. Morgan had initially said robbery was believed to be the main motive..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,536010,00.html?test=latestnews

I have hesitated to post anything about the family, but I do not think this son would be the one who would benefit the MOST by both the Billings being murdered. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: August 02, 2009, 12:17:14 AM »

Who other than the Billings children would benefit upon the death of their parents.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: August 02, 2009, 12:19:41 AM »

In most murders ... missing persons ... the family is initially the primary focus in the investigation.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: August 02, 2009, 12:20:02 AM »

Who other than the Billings children would benefit upon the death of their parents.

Janet

Who is in total control of the Billings businesses and seemingly in the estate?

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: August 02, 2009, 12:35:42 AM »

In most murders ... missing persons ... the family is initially the primary focus in the investigation.

Janet

It is just as you said. The family is initially the primary focus in the investigation, in most murders and missing persons. I see that the LE has not stated that anyone in the family have been cleared. It peaks my interest.....

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #685 on: August 02, 2009, 02:15:25 AM »

When you consider the rocky relationship between the Billings and their son and ... when you consider that benefits that would be reaped by the son upon their death ... is it possible ...

Janet

+++++++++

Billings Sued Own Son for Child Support for Granddaughter, Documents Show; DEA Probing Murder as Cops Arrest Eighth Suspect

Court documents show the Billings, who were known for adopting 13 children with special needs, sued their own adult son for child support in 2008 after they took in his daughter - their granddaughter - in 2006, reports CBS News correspondent Terrell Brown.

They also had asked for a $50,000 life insurance policy for the then-18-year-old girl, with themselves as the beneficiaries.

Police Acknowledge 'Possibility' That Florida Couple Could Be Murder-for-Hire Victims

Authorities said Friday night they have not ruled out the possibility that the murders of a wealthy Florida couple could have been contract hits.

The Escambia County Sheriff's Office previously had refused to address whether the home-invasion shootings of Byrd and Melanie Billings may have been murders-for-hire. The couple, known for adopting special needs children, were found dead July 9.

Two unidentified sources told a cable news network that there were double motives for the crime: robbery and contract killings. The sources reportedly said suspected crime ringleader Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Jr. orchestrated the hit, but that most of the team of accomplices working for him believed they were only there to commit robbery.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan would neither confirm nor deny at a Friday night news conference whether the report was accurate.

"It's always a possibility," he said. Morgan had initially said robbery was believed to be the main motive..

Janet~

No one here believes the son would benefit the most, you have to look into his businesses and partners in business to understand the depth of this investigation and to my knowledge I don't think he would have been a large part of any of the estate as that seems to be for the benefit of the adopted children......rumors here have been a hit since the very beginning and ties to business partners and so far they have been hard to ignore when you look into all the court documents.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: August 02, 2009, 12:43:34 PM »

Janet

+++++++++

Janet~

No one here believes the son would benefit the most, you have to look into his businesses and partners in business to understand the depth of this investigation and to my knowledge I don't think he would have been a large part of any of the estate as that seems to be for the benefit of the adopted children......rumors here have been a hit since the very beginning and ties to business partners and so far they have been hard to ignore when you look into all the court documents.

I am not no one.

Good Morning Islandmonkey

I have also been suspicious since the getgo that the killing of the Billings was a hired hit made to look like a robbery.  Until yesterday LE insisted it was not a hit … robbery was the motive.

However … it was the above post regarding the dynamics encompassing the relationship the Billings had with their son that made me suspicious in regards to who was behind the hit.  I have not wavered from that suspicion but ... I concede I could be wrong..

Until the truth is revealed … speculation is where it is at.

Off to church!

Have a good day Monkeys.

Janet
9:40 AM PT

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #687 on: August 02, 2009, 01:22:47 PM »

Island, I agree.  There is more to this and it does, as you have suggested, requires more than superficial thinking.  I applaud the Sheriff.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: August 02, 2009, 02:01:08 PM »

I am not no one.

I have also been suspicious since the getgo that the killing of the Billings was a hired hit made to look like a robbery.  Until yesterday LE insisted it was not a hit … robbery was the motive.

However … it was the above post regarding the dynamics encompassing the relationship the Billings had with their son that made me suspicious in regards to who was behind the hit.  I have not wavered from that suspicion but ... I concede I could be wrong..

Off to church!

Have a good day Monkeys.

Janet

Janet, I don't think that is what Island meant. Of course, you are someone and have a right to your opinion.   an angelic monkey

It is true that Byrd and his son were most probably estranged. I believe he lives in southern Florida, and has nothing to do with his father's businesses as far as I can see. I do not know what the Billing's will says, but just guessing, I would think by past history between the two of them, there would be little or nothing for him in the estate. Another thing we don't know.

However, there is another family member that is very involved in the businesses, and has been for years. I have not heard the sheriff or anyone make a statement that ANY family member has been cleared of any involvement in the murder of both the Billings. That peaks my interest. It doesn't seem normal. From what the sheriff said the other night in his presser, the investigation is ongoing and nothing has been ruled out as far as it being a hit, and most probably has something to do with Mr Billings business dealings. The family member that I am speaking of would be privy to a lot of his interests.

I hope you will continue to post here. This is a very strange and convoluted case. I alway enjoy you thoughtful input on all the threads where you post.   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: August 02, 2009, 03:21:39 PM »

Fanny Mae ... thank you.

I am sure Islandmonkey was voicing the consensus of the forum and ... that is OK.  I am used to being alone in the crowd on the forums in many of my speculations.  However ... they are my speculations and ... I do not arrive at them from a "superficial" perspective.

In regards to the Billings' son.  Something is very disfunctional in the parent/child  relationship.  In my world parents do not sue their own children who default on child support when their grandchildren are involved.  Disappointment and hearbreak in the lack of responsibility ... in the lack of character ... I can grasp but ... sueing?  It is not as through the Billings could not afford to care for their granddaughter for two years.  I suspect that hard feelings ran deep in that relationship.

The Billings's son did not have to benefit "the most" from their death ... he only had to benefit.

Nobody knows the truth at this point in time.  We are all speculating but ... we are one in our desire that justice prevails for the Billings.

Janet

_____

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: August 02, 2009, 04:56:35 PM »

Fanny Mae ... thank you.

I am sure Islandmonkey was voicing the consensus of the forum and ... that is OK.  I am used to being alone in the crowd on the forums in many of my speculations.  However ... they are my speculations and ... I do not arrive at them from a "superficial" perspective.

In regards to the Billings' son.  Something is very disfunctional in the parent/child  relationship.  In my world parents do not sue their own children who default on child support when their grandchildren are involved.  Disappointment and hearbreak in the lack of responsibility ... in the lack of character ... I can grasp but ... sueing?  It is not as through the Billings could not afford to care for their granddaughter for two years.  I suspect that hard feelings ran deep in that relationship.

The Billings's son did not have to benefit "the most" from their death ... he only had to benefit.

Nobody knows the truth at this point in time.  We are all speculating but ... we are one in our desire that justice prevails for the Billings.

Janet

No, nobody does know the truth. And the facts have been very hard to ferret out. Some people have their pasts well hidden. There are many things I could speculate here with some things I have found, but there is no need to bring anyone else's name up here until it can be based in fact and links.

I am just glad Sheriff Morgan is not being closed minded about what has happened, and I hope he is allowed to continue on in his investigation. The "good old boy network" is alive and well along the coast. I guess it is, as well, in many other places.

O/T I think you and I are on the same page in Lindsay's disappearance.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #691 on: August 02, 2009, 06:09:37 PM »

Janet

+++++++++

Janet~

I am not no one.

Off to church!

Have a good day Monkeys.

Janet

OJ JANET~That is not what I meant at all I live in Pensacola Beach and work in Pensacola, I meant to say no one here in Pensacola.......my bad, I didn't mean to make you feel that way.... an angelic monkey

LE has stated that they are looking at all possibilities including a hit, it's just that SA Eddins wants everyone to think it was a simple home invasion, which no one here has ever believed.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #692 on: August 02, 2009, 06:13:56 PM »

Island, I agree.  There is more to this and it does, as you have suggested, requires more than superficial thinking.  I applaud the Sheriff.

Thanks Sister~I applaud our sheriff for not letting Eddins muzzle him

JANET~I hope you come back and read what I posted as I chose my words bad, I in NO way meant no one in the forum, I meant NO ONE in Pensacola.

[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: August 02, 2009, 07:29:51 PM »

Janet

+++++++++

Janet~

I am not no one.

Off to church!

Have a good day Monkeys.

Janet

OJ JANET~That is not what I meant at all I live in Pensacola Beach and work in Pensacola, I meant to say no one here in Pensacola.......my bad, I didn't mean to make you feel that way.... an angelic monkey

LE has stated that they are looking at all possibilities including a hit, it's just that SA Eddins wants everyone to think it was a simple home invasion, which no one here has ever believed.

an angelic monkey

_____

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #694 on: August 02, 2009, 08:42:30 PM »

Janet

+++++++++

Janet~

I am not no one.

Off to church!

Have a good day Monkeys.

Janet

OH JANET~That is not what I meant at all I live in Pensacola Beach and work in Pensacola, I meant to say no one here in Pensacola.......my bad, I didn't mean to make you feel that way.... an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

I'm so glad you came back and caught my post, I sure didn't want you to think I spoke for any one here.......

[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: August 02, 2009, 10:59:20 PM »

Something is hinky.

Janet

+++++++

'Perfectly Executed Murders' -- But Suspects Failed to Turn Off Surveillance Camera
Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Seven men who allegedly robbed a wealthy Florida couple with 17 children, then shot and killed them, were caught committing the crime on camera because the person designated to disable the security system failed to do so, police said Wednesday.

The news came as authorities revealed that a prominent local realtor police are calling a person of interest was located in Alabama.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said it is significant that the surveillance camera was not disarmed at the time of the robbery of Byrd and Melanie Billings, which he has described as "well planned" and "well executed."

Authorities believe it was someone's job to disable the equipment before the break-in was carried out, but that person apparently didn't show up.

"The execution of the operation was flawless except for the surveillance system," Morgan told reporters. "Why was the system left on in an otherwise perfectly executed murder?"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,532825,00.html

_____

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: August 02, 2009, 11:38:07 PM »

Something is hinky.

Janet

+++++++

'Perfectly Executed Murders' -- But Suspects Failed to Turn Off Surveillance Camera
Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Seven men who allegedly robbed a wealthy Florida couple with 17 children, then shot and killed them, were caught committing the crime on camera because the person designated to disable the security system failed to do so, police said Wednesday.

The news came as authorities revealed that a prominent local realtor police are calling a person of interest was located in Alabama.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said it is significant that the surveillance camera was not disarmed at the time of the robbery of Byrd and Melanie Billings, which he has described as "well planned" and "well executed."

Authorities believe it was someone's job to disable the equipment before the break-in was carried out, but that person apparently didn't show up.

"The execution of the operation was flawless except for the surveillance system," Morgan told reporters. "Why was the system left on in an otherwise perfectly executed murder?"

Exactly. Who would have the codes and the remote to do this? And why did they fail to do it? Who would have a motive to set this group up and why? It is obvious they were deliberately left to hang in the wind. Did they even know who they were really working for? Patrick G. Jr may have thought he knew, but did he really? Pamela Wiggins needs to be put in a squeze, big time. Who will be the one to do it?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: August 02, 2009, 11:54:06 PM »

Something is hinky.

Janet

+++++++

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Exactly. Who would have the codes and the remote to do this? And why did they fail to do it? Who would have a motive to set this group up and why? It is obvious they were deliberately left to hang in the wind. Did they even know who they were really working for? Patrick G. Jr may have thought he knew, but did he really? Pamela Wiggins needs to be put in a squeze, big time. Who will be the one to do it?

Fanny Mae

I do believe that you and I are long lost sisters who were separated at birth.

Janet

_____

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #698 on: August 03, 2009, 02:22:19 PM »

Something is hinky.

Janet

+++++++

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

That's what I believe happened, in a sense "killed 2 birds with one stone".......I think there had to be a go between and figuring out who that is will be crucial........I'LL SQUEEZE THAT BEYOTCH

[
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #699 on: August 04, 2009, 08:56:10 AM »

Lots of new information over at Rick's blog on Tabitha Gongalez( Lenoard Patrick's wife)
and her former naval officer husband.  The web grows bigger and bigger.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.