April 30, 2024, 08:08:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fla. couple who adopted 12 children found slain  (Read 238785 times)
kc1234
Scared Monkey

« Reply #820 on: August 17, 2009, 08:36:26 AM »

I haven't seen islandmonkey today, but it shouldn't be bad.  Tropical storms (TS) usually are not much of a danger.  It is like a bad thunderstorm that lasts for a few hours. The biggest danger for people who live in the beach is a storm surge which isn't an issue with TS.  Usually the most damage is by falling limbs and tornados, but the tornados are usually inland.  I have family all along Pensacola, Ft Walton, Panama City and inland to Alabama.

Did you see this about Rick's blog?  I got kicked out of WS for citing this guy and now he is being recognized for his ability to get the scoop before everyone else.   http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/17/us/17pensacola.html?_r=2&hpw

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: August 17, 2009, 10:16:22 AM »

I just saw IM over on the Haleigh thread so I guess all is well.   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: August 17, 2009, 10:19:38 AM »

I haven't seen islandmonkey today, but it shouldn't be bad.  Tropical storms (TS) usually are not much of a danger.  It is like a bad thunderstorm that lasts for a few hours. The biggest danger for people who live in the beach is a storm surge which isn't an issue with TS.  Usually the most damage is by falling limbs and tornados, but the tornados are usually inland.  I have family all along Pensacola, Ft Walton, Panama City and inland to Alabama.

Did you see this about Rick's blog?  I got kicked out of WS for citing this guy and now he is being recognized for his ability to get the scoop before everyone else.   http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/17/us/17pensacola.html?_r=2&hpw

LOL.  I used to post a little on WS but was always afraid what I could link or not link, so I gave up.   

I was just getting ready to read the NYTimes article.  TY for posting it.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: August 17, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/Wiggins_Bond_Increased_To_500000

Wiggins' bond increased
to $500,000
Taken to jail after bond increase

Updated: Monday, 17 Aug 2009, 9:45 AM CDT
Published : Monday, 17 Aug 2009, 9:33 AM CDT

PENSACOLA, Fla. - A judge in Pensacola has ordered that bond be increased to $500,000 for Billings murder case suspect Pamela Long Wiggins.

Wiggins pleaded not guilty and was taken to jail.

Information from the hearing indicates that several people stated that Wiggins was a flight risk, who did not want to go back to jail.

Wiggins is charged as an accessory after the fact to the murders of Byrd and Melanie Billings.

This is just the first chapter in what is expected to be a busy day in the Billings case. Discovery material is expected to be released Monday morning. That means we'll get to see all the evidence collected by the prosecution so far.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #824 on: August 17, 2009, 10:56:48 AM »

Bring on the docs!!!

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #825 on: August 17, 2009, 10:58:56 AM »

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090817/NEWS01/90817008

Circuit Judge Frank Bell ordered Pamela Long Wiggins' bond increased from $10,000 to $500,000.

She was originally arrested and charged with a third-degree felony accessory after the fact charge. The state since increased that charge to a first-degree felony punishable by 30 years in state prison.

(snipped)

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #826 on: August 17, 2009, 11:15:05 AM »

Hi monkeys~I'm here for a bit......thanks for all your concern as I am on the beach, but we didn't even get rain yet It did seem headed this way, but never really made it past DEstin/Ft. Walton area and I never even bothered to close my storm shutters (lazy monkey I know), but I was out early early this morning and the surf was great, everybody had their board enjoying the wild waves as opposed to our normal calm conditions ..

I've been unable to keep up with anything on these case until I get my laptop back this week, I'm using one at work so bear with me on the updates and thanks to everyone updating the thread so I can at least read what's going on.

Now, I just need to keep an eye on hurricane Bill-he looks nasty

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #827 on: August 17, 2009, 01:59:15 PM »

Hi monkeys~I'm here for a bit......thanks for all your concern as I am on the beach, but we didn't even get rain yet It did seem headed this way, but never really made it past DEstin/Ft. Walton area and I never even bothered to close my storm shutters (lazy monkey I know), but I was out early early this morning and the surf was great, everybody had their board enjoying the wild waves as opposed to our normal calm conditions ..

I've been unable to keep up with anything on these case until I get my laptop back this week, I'm using one at work so bear with me on the updates and thanks to everyone updating the thread so I can at least read what's going on.

Glad to see everything is OK there.  We've missed you.   an angelic monkey

I'm worried about Bill coming this way.  I'm in Martin County on Hutchinson Island with the ocean on one side & intracoastal on the other.  But I stay optimistic & hope for the best.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: August 17, 2009, 02:01:19 PM »

http://www.northescambia.com/?p=10220

Pamela Long Wiggins Back In Jail; Judge Ups Bond To Half Million

August 17, 2009

Pamela Long Wiggins is back in the Escambia County Jail — this time on a half million dollars bond — in connection to the Byrd and Melanie Billings murder case.

Long Wiggins, 47, had been free on $10,000 bond since her arrest on July 15 on charges of first degree accessory after the fact. She was back in court Monday morning where Circuit Judge Frank Bell ordered her bond increased from the $10,000 to $500,000. She was taken back into custody and returned to the Escambia County Jail.

According to case documents, Long Wiggins transported weapons and a safe stolen from the Billings home. The safe was later found buried under a pile of bricks in the backyard of a home that she owns in Gulf Breeze.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #829 on: August 17, 2009, 02:13:23 PM »

Glad to see everything is OK there.  We've missed you.   an angelic monkey

I'm worried about Bill coming this way.  I'm in Martin County on Hutchinson Island with the ocean on one side & intracoastal on the other.  But I stay optimistic & hope for the best.

Thanks Cece  an angelic monkey Miss you all too amd cam't wait to get the laptop back.  So you are on a barrier Island too it seems, we have the Gulf in front and 3 streets back the Santa Rosa Souns but I am like you and stay optimistic. I just ran back out to the beach and ran up and down in running thru the waves and enjoyed the winds blowing........I know it sounds like a crazy teenager but I love it when we get the fun part of the storm without the storm.

I'm SO praying Pamela can't make her bond Monkey Devil!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: August 17, 2009, 03:42:42 PM »

IM, I know you aren't here right now, but have you heard anything from the local coverage on when or if the media will release the documents and autopsy?

I just saw on HLN that, according to the autopsy, Byrd was shot in both legs & the back of the head.  They said Melanie was shot multiple times in the chest & face.

There are some interesting comments at this article, but I would rather see the documents.

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=pluckcomments&key=20090817.pnj.DP90817008.article.NEWS01&s=d&s=d

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #831 on: August 17, 2009, 04:01:14 PM »

IM, I know you aren't here right now, but have you heard anything from the local coverage on when or if the media will release the documents and autopsy?

I just saw on HLN that, according to the autopsy, Byrd was shot in both legs & the back of the head.  They said Melanie was shot multiple times in the chest & face.

There are some interesting comments at this article, but I would rather see the documents.

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=pluckcomments&key=20090817.pnj.DP90817008.article.NEWS01&s=d&s=d

Nothing yet CeCe, I'll watch the local news and see if they have anything regarding the documents. I've been reading the articles today but here more info on news usually.

[
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #832 on: August 17, 2009, 04:03:21 PM »

Thanks IM.  Appreciate you keeping us updated.   an angelic monkey

I just emailed PNJ to see if they planned a release to the public.  I'll let you know if I receive a reply.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #833 on: August 17, 2009, 04:06:37 PM »

http://ricksblog.biz/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Gonzalez-report.pdf

First doc from Billings case

[
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: August 17, 2009, 04:08:49 PM »

Pamela Long Wiggins is handcuffed this morning after her bond was increased from $10,000 to $500,000

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: August 17, 2009, 04:09:51 PM »

Ohhhh,  you are sooooo  goood!!!   

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #836 on: August 17, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »

No Cece~just lucky so far

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #837 on: August 17, 2009, 04:20:58 PM »

Home About Independent News Outtakes Interviews Top Issues of 2007 Video Walker Holmes     ricksblog.biz
News, Politics, Opinions and Views that make you think
Patrick Gonzalez mentions contract hit, Tice and MS13
August 17 20094 Commented
Categorized Under: Escambia County, May 11 2009

The State Attorney released over 1,000 pages related to the murders of Bud and Melanie Billings. In those documents is a report from Chief Deputy Bill Chavers who interviewed Patrick Gonzalez, the suspected killer, on July 12.

Chavers knew Gonzalez as Pat Poff and had taken karate classes with him in the 1980’s.

In the course of the interview, Gonzalez stated “the car dealers just did not like Billings over business dealings and money issues.”

He went on to say, “that Cab Tice came to him and indicated that the group wanted Billings ‘whacked’, but he (Pat) refused the job.”

According to Chavers’ report: “When I asked him to name the car dealers again, Patrick responded that he wasn’t at the meeting, but had heard from Cab Tice that a Mr. Mantis, a Jerry Wood (who might be Mantis), a Phillips and a few others. Patrick also stated most of these men had nicknames and he wasn’t sure about their real names.”

Gonzalez also “clearly indicated that there were some MS13 ties to the Billings situation.”

This report matches much of what my sources had told me. Gonzalez doesn’t confess but he mentions a possible contract hit, the involvement of Cab Tice and the Mexican organized crime.

Read Gonzalez report

http://ricksblog.biz/?p=7200

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #838 on: August 17, 2009, 05:11:42 PM »

Just listening to WEAR 3, and the SA believes Pam Wiggins IS a significant flight risk, two different witnesses testified that she was looking for help to flee the country.

Also, they showed the CD that has some of the 1000 pages of evidence, and it had statements in the 1000 pages that were from the kids in the house I knew Bud or Melanie had been ziptied, but they just stated it was Bud and that he was shot in the back of each leg and then twice in the back of the head.......heartbreaking statements from those children

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #839 on: August 17, 2009, 05:14:13 PM »

Documents show details of Fla. couple's deaths
August 17, 2009 16:52 EDT

PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) -- Authorities released hundreds of pages of crime scene reports and witness interviews detailing the deaths of a Panhandle couple known for adopting many special needs children.

According to documents released on Monday, an autopsy after the July 9 deaths showed Melanie Billings, 43, was shot twice in her chest, once in her left nostril, once in her right eye and once in her left temple. Byrd Billings, 66, was shot twice in the back of his head and once in each of his legs.

Nine of the couple's children were home when they were killed. All of the young children have varying special needs from autism to Down syndrome. The documents show that one child used sign language to communicate with investigators about what he witnessed before his parents were shot.

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_3355.shtml

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.