April 30, 2024, 12:44:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fla. couple who adopted 12 children found slain  (Read 238818 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #880 on: August 20, 2009, 09:36:47 AM »

Morning~Justin is NOT the son sued for child support, he's the child that was the "adoption fraud" adoopted child. IIRc, Michael is the one who was sued for child support and he lives in SE Florida. I do however wonder if he had some knowledge before and with this case absolutely nothing would surprise me anymore.

Thank you IM.  I am getting confused with all the "players" in this one.   

Thank you all for the updates & links.  an angelic monkey

I know what you mean, too many to keep track of easily Thank you for all your links too!!!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
kc1234
Scared Monkey

« Reply #881 on: August 20, 2009, 11:21:46 AM »

Another Robbery Recruit Speaks Out  Source: http://ricksblog.biz/?p=7247

Anthony Joseph Elsa of Gulf Breeze told investigators that Patrick Gonzalez had tried to recruit for the home invasion two and a half months ago.

According to the investigator’s report, Elsa said that he did travel with Gonzalez to Fort Walton Beach two weeks before the murder. Telephone records show that Elsa and Gary Sumner had started talking to each over the phone on June 24. Gonzalez met with Sumner and several black males inside 5th Dimensions while Elsa stayed outside.

On July 10 -day after the Billings’ murders – Elsa said that Gonzalez called to tell him that his van had been stolen and whoever took it murdered two people. After Gonzalez was first questioned by the ECSO, he went to Elsa’ house, but Elsa refused to let him in.

Other investigative notes:

1. Elsa described Gonzalez as extremely addicted to prescription meds.
2. Also described Pam Wiggins and Gonzalez as close friends and Wiggins “was continuously loaning him money.”
3. Elsa admitted to being a former member of the INSANE POPES, a Southside Chicago street gang consisting of mainly Greeks. Their main rivals are the Latin Kings. The INSANE POPES are a racial hate group, they oppose both Hispanics and blacks.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #882 on: August 20, 2009, 02:22:18 PM »

Ok, here's what I think.

I think  CabTice was reporting the illegal aliens to the govt and also giving info to the IRS.
The Latinos knew that somebody was dropping dimes and Tice suggested it
was Billings who was doing the telling.

The Latinos hired Gonzales to do the hit on Byrd Billings knowing he (Gonzales)
 was a nitwit who always needed money.  They had no idea that he would turn
the simple hit into a three ring circus by making it a robbery as well as a hit.

That is why Tice said that Byrd didn't deserve to die in his own home and was so
sad about Melanie. I think there was more in the safe than Ashley is willing to tell.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: August 20, 2009, 05:54:52 PM »

Ok, here's what I think.

I think  CabTice was reporting the illegal aliens to the govt and also giving info to the IRS.

the simple hit into a three ring circus by making it a robbery as well as a hit.

That is why Tice said that Byrd didn't deserve to die in his own home and was so
sad about Melanie. I think there was more in the safe than Ashley is willing to tell.

Could be Mags.  But WHY involve sooooooooo many people in this?  I think it is interesting that Justin (adopted son) says that there was $2million in that safe.  I am a little suspicious about that information.  Was he the one who failed to disconnect the surveillance system?  It had to be someone very familiar with that property to know these things. JMO

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #884 on: August 20, 2009, 08:16:09 PM »

Ok, here's what I think.

Could be Mags.  But WHY involve sooooooooo many people in this?  I think it is interesting that Justin (adopted son) says that there was $2million in that safe.  I am a little suspicious about that information.  Was he the one who failed to disconnect the surveillance system?  It had to be someone very familiar with that property to know these things. JMO

Now this is just what I think, which is pure speculation, but I think the adopted son hated
Byrd Billings.  He has stolen him away from not just one mother, but two....his birth mother and the former wife.
I think there probably was big money in the safe and nobody but Gonzales expected there
to be a killing.  If whomever was suppose to turn off the security had done their job, they would likely have gotten away with the crime.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: August 20, 2009, 08:58:13 PM »

Ok, here's what I think.

Now this is just what I think, which is pure speculation, but I think the adopted son hated
Byrd Billings.  He has stolen him away from not just one mother, but two....his birth mother and the former wife.
I think there probably was big money in the safe and nobody but Gonzales expected there
to be a killing.  If whomever was suppose to turn off the security had done their job, they would likely have gotten away with the crime.

Oh I do agree with you on that.  So many people involved yet I don't believe any of them figured it was anything more than a robbery or maybe a kidnapping.  Maybe a kidnapping is what should have happened and then all this would not have happened in that house whereas Tice's statement "Byrd didn't deserve to die in his home" makes sense.  Stupids were suppose to kidnap him and then have Byrd's wife get the money from the safe and pay them off.  Once paid off Byrd would have been killed anyway but his wife would have been spared.  JMO

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: August 21, 2009, 01:06:07 PM »

If you go to Sunbiz.org and type in the name Mantis, you will find that Mantis Funding Corporation = Jerry Wood.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #887 on: August 21, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »

If you go to Sunbiz.org and type in the name Mantis, you will find that Mantis Funding Corporation = Jerry Wood.

Thank you FM.  Glad to see you back posting!   an angelic monkey

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #888 on: August 21, 2009, 04:02:01 PM »

His mom: 'Write off' Gonzalez Jr.                      Edit:  Correct title, per cece.
Friday, August 21, 2009 2:41:13 PM

Guys like Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Jr. always remind me of a line from "The Maltese Falcon," an old Sam Spade detective story: "The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter."

Guys like Gonzalez strut around, full of talk, gestures and grandeur, only to tumble eventually.

Gonzalez has a right to plead not guilty and claim that he's being "railroaded," as he told officers who arrested him for the slayings of Melanie and Byrd Billings in their Beulah home.

When he has his day in court, Gonzalez could face the maximum penalty: Execution.

That may be a fair penalty, since he's the alleged mastermind behind the robbery and murder of the couple, who took care of other people's disabled children and raised them as their own.
Bizarre backgrounds

"Mastermind" seems a bit of a stretch, however. This group's functioning would be almost comical except for the horribly tragic results.

The getaway vehicle — a tired 1982 van with a 1989 grille — was hardly something that would blend into traffic unnoticed.

Gonzalez was so indiscreet that he all but took out newspaper ads to recruit people for the assault on the Billings' home as he talked of cocaine, revenge and millions of dollars, various people told investigators tracking down the suspects.

What a group: One was only 16 years old and already a father; another ran an auto shop and got involved after talking to Gonzalez about painting a Bentley automobile Gonzalez was driving.

He even signed up his own father, Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Sr., 56, who reportedly has alcohol and physical problems.

Guess who was the first person arrested. Guess whose cooperation helped the investigators. Dear ol' dad.
'Bad seed'

But that's in the past. Now Junior must focus on the trial, which could shape up as seven co-defendants against him.

Young Gonzalez may have trouble finding character witnesses. Many folks were leery of him. Some feared him because he was skilled at martial arts; some just didn't like him.

"I knew he was a bad seed," Jimmy Seaton said.

"He always acts like a thug ... mafia type and wannabe," Dan Blocker said.

When Gonzalez speaks, "You've really got to read between the lines to figure out what's true and what's not true," said Lonnie D. Smith.

The women in his life were unhappy with him, too, and deservedly so. His mother urged his wife to "write him off."

"His mom just said I should write him off," Tabatha Gonzalez said a week after her husband was arrested. "That's pretty bad when your own mom is saying that about you."

Read more on Mark's blog, pnj.com/markobrien.

Edit: Add link per cece:  http://www.pnj.com/article/20090821/NEWS01/908210334
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 06:22:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #889 on: August 21, 2009, 04:07:32 PM »

Oops, I don't know how that headline got into that quote!

Here is the link:

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090821/NEWS01/908210334

Edit:  Both fixed MB
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 06:23:17 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #890 on: August 21, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/Suspect_Planned_To_Store_Safe_At_Home

(snipped)

Stallworth's attorney, David White, says he has his thoughts about the discovery records released by the state. He notes that his client is standing by his not guilty plea.

"The discovery is in its infancy. We just received the first of the documents we had expected to receive on Monday, and some more are due to be delivered today, and I am sure there will be a great volume of documents delivered to us very soon," said White.

White also says he hopes each defendant will be tried separately.

"We'll address at the appropriate time, but I do expect for us to be asking that we have separate trials."

The Billings' family attorney announced a few weeks ago that the stolen safe only contained family heirlooms.

However, a second safe inside the home that was not tampered with contained $164,000.

Leonard Gonzalez, Jr., Leonard Gonzalez, Sr., Wayne Coldiorn, Gary Sumner, Frederick Thornton, and Stallworth's trial is expected to begin November 9. Rakeem Florence's trial is expected to begin October 21. All seven are facing two counts each of first degree murder, and one count each of home invasion robbery.

Pamela Long Wiggins was arrested and charged with being an accessory after the fact, first degree. Her husband, Hugh Wiggins, is a person of interest in the case.

Henry "Cab" Tice is also a person of interest in the case. He used to be a business partner of Byrd Billings. He allegedly stole thousands from Billings.

"He was into the Mexican Mafia, his words not ours, for loans between $20,000 to $50,000. He was in the process of repaying them because of bad decisions he'd made through the car business, and again in association with Mr. Billings," said Sheriff David Morgan.

However, the sheriff doesn't believe the Billings were involved in the Mexican Mafia.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #891 on: August 21, 2009, 04:13:23 PM »

http://www.wkrg.com/crime/article/billings-murder-crime-spree-connection/277882/Aug-21-2009_9-21-am/

Two men charged in the calculated murders of a Florida panhandle couple may also be tied to a rash of unsolved home invasions and another murder.

According to newly released documents in the Billings murder investigation, Donnie Stallworth, 28, and Gary Sumner, 30, "have possibly been involved in other criminal activity." The document, a request from investigators in the Florida state attorney's office to the U.S. Air Force to obtain Stallworth's military record, says the Air Force Staff Sergeant and Sumner may specifically be linked to robberies in the Fort Walton Beach area dating back to 2005.

Investigators say the home invasion robberies appeared to target drug dealers who kept large amounts of cash. Many of the robberies went unreported, but witnesses describe the suspects as at least two black men wearing dark clothes and ski masks.

The document also discusses a murder on September 12, 2005. Luis Magana-Gonzalex, a Mexican national, was shot to death inside his apartment on Monahan Drive in Fort Walton Beach. Before he died, the document says he identified two black males as his killers.

Investigators found a Taurus 9mm handgun dropped by one of the killers and discovered DNA and partial fingerprints, but no suspects were identified through analysis.

A spokesperson for the Okaloosa County sheriff's office confirmed the cases are still open, but investigators would not discuss new leads.

Stallworth, Sumner and five other men are charged with killing Byrd and Melanie Billings July 9th during a home invasion in their Beulah, Florida home.

All seven suspects are in jail.

An eighth suspect, Pamela Long-Wiggins, is charged as an accessory after the crime. She is in jail on a $500,000 bond.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan says detectives expect to make more arrests in the Billings murder. Pamela Wiggins' husband, Hugh Wiggins, was identified this week as a person of interest.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #892 on: August 21, 2009, 04:17:08 PM »

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1917773,00.html

The Pensacola Adoptive Couple's Murder: Was It Robbery or a Hit?
By Tim Padgett Friday, Aug. 21, 2009

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: August 21, 2009, 05:02:52 PM »

Several things stuck out at me in the Doc dump this week.

Justin Billings and Lonnie Smith BOTH mentioned to amount of money in the safe was TWO MILLION dollars.

Justin knew right away that it was a hit, and that his life was in danger.

Justin was familiar with the security system and knew exactly how to operate it.

Blue Markham turn the investigators to Cab Tice as he said the red van was in the inventory that was turned over to his auto dealership. He remembered it to be a 15 passenger van and was quite emphatic about it. However, the owner before Gozalez, jr, had owned the van for 20 years. Why did Blue try to shine the light on Tice when it was proven that the van did not belong to Tice?

Why did we not see the whole interview with Lonnie Smith?

The vehicles that were said to be stolen and taken to Mexico, were titled in Alabama. I know that the proceedure in the title process in Alabama is that the clerk handling the title has to go out and look physically at the vin# on the vehicle dash. So that tells me the cars were physically in Alabama, unless something is very, very wrong. Therefore, I do not think the cars were shipped from Florida. I think they were shipped from Alabama, possible in shipping containers. Mobile has two container cranes, and as far as I know, Pensacola uses the ship's gear, and is a very time consuming process, especially if there are many containers. IMO

If Tice was doing this, and he was collecting money for the cars being shipped, why did he owe the Mexican Cartel anything? Unless, when  the shipping containers came back to the US, they were empty and still belonged to the person that rented them. Those kind of shipments are called "air" and belong to the person that rented them until the person turns them in to the owner. The containers are not checked coming back if they are empty. What might be on the empty container, and why did Cab Tice owe the cartel that much money?

Hugh Wiggins is up to his teeth in this whole thing, much more that Pamela. She seems to be taking the fall for him, although her hands are far from clean.  I agree with one of the witnesses that said she appeared to be doped up. Everytime I have seen her on video or in pictures she seems to be floating, in a trance, a daze with a silly smirk on her face.

Who owns the silver BMW convertible? And has anyone come up with the name "Manatat?? "

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #894 on: August 21, 2009, 05:59:46 PM »

Justin Billings and Lonnie Smith BOTH mentioned to amount of money in the safe was TWO MILLION dollars.

Justin was familiar with the security system and knew exactly how to operate it.

Blue Markham turn the investigators to Cab Tice as he said the red van was in the inventory that was turned over to his auto dealership. He remembered it to be a 15 passenger van and was quite emphatic about it. However, the owner before Gozalez, jr, had owned the van for 20 years. Why did Blue try to shine the light on Tice when it was proven that the van did not belong to Tice?

The vehicles that were said to be stolen and taken to Mexico, were titled in Alabama. I know that the proceedure in the title process in Alabama is that the clerk handling the title has to go out and look physically at the vin# on the vehicle dash. So that tells me the cars were physically in Alabama, unless something is very, very wrong. Therefore, I do not think the cars were shipped from Florida. I think they were shipped from Alabama, possible in shipping containers. Mobile has two container cranes, and as far as I know, Pensacola uses the ship's gear, and is a very time consuming process, especially if there are many containers. IMO

If Tice was doing this, and he was collecting money for the cars being shipped, why did he owe the Mexican Cartel anything? Unless, when  the shipping containers came back to the US, they were empty and still belonged to the person that rented them. Those kind of shipments are called "air" and belong to the person that rented them until the person turns them in to the owner. The containers are not checked coming back if they are empty. What might be on the empty container, and why did Cab Tice owe the cartel that much money?

Hugh Wiggins is up to his teeth in this whole thing, much more that Pamela. She seems to be taking the fall for him, although her hands are far from clean.  I agree with one of the witnesses that said she appeared to be doped up. Everytime I have seen her on video or in pictures she seems to be floating, in a trance, a daze with a silly smirk on her face.

Who owns the silver BMW convertible? And has anyone come up with the name "Manatat?? "

I agree on the points I high lighted.  Justin appears to have been involved in this also ( to me anyway).  It all goes back to that safe with the money.  Two million dollars appears to be what they were after and if so then Justin HAD to be involved in this. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: August 21, 2009, 06:14:49 PM »

I agree on the points I high lighted.  Justin appears to have been involved in this also ( to me anyway).  It all goes back to that safe with the money.  Two million dollars appears to be what they were after and if so then Justin HAD to be involved in this. 

I am not entirely sure that Justin was the only Billings that knew about the security system. The security system was located where the larger safe was in another room than the bedroom. He would have know that, so why did they miss that safe and the security system? I am sure that a novice could have disabled the system if only they had know exactly where it was located. Why didn't they know? Why didn't they check and make sure it was "remotely" shut off? Who fell down on the job? Or did Bud Billings change the ability for someone to shut off the system remotely by changing the code to do so? Did he have an idea that someone was not loyal??

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #896 on: August 22, 2009, 01:02:54 PM »

Happy Saturday everyone & TY for sharing the great info!

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #897 on: August 22, 2009, 01:04:58 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541583,00.html

Judge: Media Can Watch Video From Night of Florida Couple's Murder

Friday, August 21, 2009

PENSACOLA, Fla. —  A judge has ruled that the media can watch and describe video taken from the home of a Florida couple the night they were killed in a home break-in. But they cannot air or distribute the video.

Circuit Judge Nicholas Geeker agreed to a compromise Friday between an attorney representing the media and an attorney for the family of the slain couple, Byrd and Melanie Billings.

(snipped)

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #898 on: August 22, 2009, 01:07:54 PM »

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090822/NEWS01/908220338

Circuit Judge Nick Geeker ruled Friday that the public and the media can see — but not copy, publish or air — crime-scene photographs and surveillance video from the home of murder victims Byrd and Melanie Billings.

Ashley Markham, the Billingses' daughter and the guardian of the couple's nine adopted children, had filed a motion to prevent the release of the photos, taken by law enforcement, and the video, recorded on her parents' private surveillance system.

Her motion, part of the criminal case against seven people charged with first-degree murder in the July 9 slayings, expressed concern about the survivors' privacy.

Markham's attorney, Robert Beasley, and the attorney representing the News Journal and the Associated Press, Dennis Larry, reached a compromise to allow viewing but not copying of the photos. Geeker sided with the media's request to set up the same system for the video.

The State Attorney's Office, which will maintain control of the photos and video, said the materials probably will be available on Tuesday.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #899 on: August 22, 2009, 01:11:26 PM »

http://www.wkrg.com/crime_solutions/article/billings-murder-crime-scene-photos-public/280616/Aug-21-2009_5-35-pm/

Eight suspects, their attorneys and dozens of law enforcement officers packed three rows inside a Pensacola courtroom.

The last time all eight suspects were together was the night investigators say seven of the men killed Byrd and Melanie Billings while the eighth suspect, the only woman charged in the case, waited at a nearby antique mall to help hide the evidence.

Friday's court hearing addressed whether surveillance photos and crime scene pictures should be made public.

"The only bone of contention was whether the public and the media have the right to view the video surveillance," said Dennis Larry, who represents the Associated Press and Pensacola News Journal.

Larry argued the images are public record, while family members, including the Billings' daughter, feared their release would bring more pain.

"Having to relive it everyday would be more traumatic to us," said Ashley Markham. "Just the visual aspect of it, having to see it replayed.

The judge decided to make the the photos available for the public and media to see, but not copy or publish. The pictures will be kept in the Florida State Attorney's office in Pensacola, a compromise both sides agreed was fair.

"We are very pleased with the order that the court has ruled," said Markham. "We believe that it will help us move forward that they did look into the interest of our privacy."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.