April 30, 2024, 06:04:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #546 11/19 - 11/21/2006  (Read 120503 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2006, 03:40:38 PM »

OT:

Fox cancels OJ interview and will not publish book.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2006, 03:44:53 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
OT:

Great news!

News Corp. Cancels O.J. Simpson Book and TV Special

Monday , November 20, 2006

NEW YORK — News Corp., the parent company of book publisher HarperCollins and the FOX network, has canceled publication of the O.J. Simpson book and television special "If I Did It."

"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project," said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. "We are sorry for any pain that this has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson."

A dozen FOX affiliates had already said they would not air the two-part sweeps month special, planned for next week before the book's publication.

Last week, Judith Regan, would-be publisher of Simpson's book, said she did not pay Simpson for the rights to publish his book, in which the one-time football superstar tells how he would have killed his ex-wife and her friend if, in fact, he had done it.

"What I do know is I didn't pay him," Regan said in an eight-page statement titled "Why I Did It" and released on Thursday. "I contracted through a third party who owns the rights, and I was told the money would go to his children. That much I could live with."

• Raw Data: Judith Regan Statement: 'Why I Did It'

Regan also said in the statement that she wanted Simpson's "confession" because she herself was once a victim of abuse.

"I made the decision to publish this book, and to sit face to face with the killer, because I wanted him, and the men who broke my heart and your hearts, to tell the truth, to confess their sins, to do penance and to amend their lives."

Although Regan has acknowledged that Simpson does not directly say that he killed his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman, she said she considers the book to be his confession.

Regan said Simpson approached her with the idea for the book, which reportedly was sold for $3.5 million.

After word of the book emerged, Regan said she's watched as the media "have all but called for my death for publishing his book and for interviewing him."

"To publish does not mean 'to endorse'; it means 'to make public,"' she said.

"If you doubt that, ask the mainstream publishers who keep Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' in print to this day. ... There is historical value in such work ... for anyone who wants to gain insight into the mind of a sociopath."

"If I Did It," which was to be published by ReganBooks — an imprint to HarperCollins, was scheduled for release Nov. 30. FOX had planned to air a two-part TV interview of Simpson on Nov. 27 and 29.

Simpson was acquitted of the murders in 1995, but was later found criminally liable for the deaths in civil court in 1997.

Although he was ordered to pay $33.5 million in damages to the Goldman family, Simpson has avoided making full restitution because California law prevents his NFL pension from being seized to satisfy the judgment. His lavish residence in Florida is similarly protected under state law.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,230838,00.html
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2006, 03:50:40 PM »

Thanks Jacq & Klaas-

Interesting to see Judith's qualifications, good to see it won't be published either.

Back outside for me, expecting rain tomorrow.......I'll be working in the dark soon  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2006, 04:03:42 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Jacqueline"
OT:

<snip>
A dozen FOX affiliates had already said they would not air the two-part sweeps month special, planned for next week before the book's publication.

<snip>
"What I do know is I didn't pay him," Regan said in an eight-page statement titled "Why I Did It" and released on Thursday. "I contracted through a third party who owns the rights, and I was told the money would go to his children. That much I could live with."

Hummm. Methinks the affiliate cancellations is the compelling reason.

That third party will now shop it elsewhere. Not with much success, I hope.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2006, 04:10:47 PM »

RE:  OJ - It's about time someone did the right thing.  Oj disgusts me.  I am glad for one thing to see the interview cancelled.  Never thought the publishing would be cancelled too.   I hope he can't peddle his crap elsewhere.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
RE:  OJ - It's about time someone did the right thing.  Oj disgusts me.  I am glad for one thing to see the interview cancelled.  Never thought the publishing would be cancelled too.   I hope he can't peddle his crap elsewhere.

I can only imagine how this book is going to screw up (even more so) his children with Nicole...

Nah kids, i didn't kill your mom...but if i did, this is how I would have done it.

Mind boggling.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2006, 04:16:21 PM »

Thanks, Klaas,
I was prowling around trying to find any coverage of a search there but didn't see anything.

On the Front Page here is that letter from Rudy Croes.  It is highly unprofessional.

Says things like when you point one finger at somebody, three are pointing back at you and other silly and childish cliches.  I know you are but what am I???   Rolling Eyes

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2006, 04:30:19 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Thanks, Klaas,
I was prowling around trying to find any coverage of a search there but didn't see anything.

On the Front Page here is that letter from Rudy Croes.  It is highly unprofessional.

Says things like when you point one finger at somebody, three are pointing back at you and other silly and childish cliches.  I know you are but what am I???   Rolling Eyes

I agree. How did you like my Rudy Vader pic?   Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2006, 04:33:57 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

OJ Simpson Gets AXED … News Corp Cancels Book & Network TV Special

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/11/20/oj-simpson-gets-axed-news-corp-cancels-book-network-tv-special/

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2006, 04:35:19 PM »

Thanks, Klaas,

Maybe Paulus wrote the letter for Rudy.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2006, 04:35:51 PM »

Thanks, Klaas,

I agree. How did you like my Rudy Vader pic?   Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Why don't they say something constructive like what they might do to resolve the problem instead of being so into name calling and blame?  I guess they really don't want to look in that direction too much as it might spoil their denial.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2006, 04:42:45 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Thanks, Klaas,

Maybe Paulus wrote the letter for Rudy.

It's not THAT bad, San!   Very Happy At least not compared to the email Paulus wrote for Deepak and that letter he pretended was from Natalee.  You know the one supposedly from Natalee alive and well and somewhere in this country living with somebody named David?  The one Paulus wrote and had sent to himself or else Anita wrote it?  Or the two of them in a joint effort with somebody like Julia or Medley.

That one was the all time awful letter.  These two teens in love, etc. write this letter to say that J2K should be given money???  Yeah, that would be their primary concern in life, right????

The Arubans drooling over that trust fund money is as repulsive as any other aspect of this debacle.  I can't speak for others but the last place I want any money to go to is the ones who are responsible for this tragedy in the first place!!!  They are nuts if they think money was donated so it could end up in Aruba in the hands of those who did this and their willing accomplices in LE and governement.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2006, 04:45:22 PM »

Funny that MF, Scubajap and Glenda haven't said a word about that letter today??   Laughing  Laughing
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2006, 04:47:40 PM »

OT again.....

My heart stopped when I heard about the school bus. I have 2 children who ride the bus, and at first the school system was not identified. I live in a suburb of Huntsville, but at one time had considered sending a gifted daughter to Lee high School. Lee has an acclaimed music and art program as well as other enrichment programs for students in the Huntsville school system. The performances the Lee Drama Dept. puts on are sold out quickly because the shows are so good. People come from all over to see them. I have friends who have children there, and I also know 2 teachers at the school. I am so saddened by the loss. It really is an awful day here in Huntsville.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2006, 04:50:49 PM »

Quote from: klaasend
NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

OJ Simpson Gets AXED … News Corp Cancels Book & Network TV Special

I am just so in shock to see the right thing actually done!   Shocked

Note the SAME arrogance we see in the Delicious Sporter in that desire to be in the spotlight.  And I wonder if Greta ever met a murderer she didn't just love!  

Having gotten away with this kind of crime, they seem to be so proud and arrogant that they just can't stay out of in front of the camera.  And are in love with the sound of their own voice telling those lies they love to hear.  I can just see Joran practicing his lying skills in interviews just as he has perfected it on Mommy and Daddy through the years.  Listening with tremendous self-admiration to the sound of their own lies and thinking how good they are at it with no concept of how they appear to others.

Same in both these people.  And same total lack of insight into the reaction of others.  Except for Mommy and Greta that is.

To paraphrase Robots, I hate them!
 Rolling Eyes

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2006, 04:53:24 PM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
OT again.....

My heart stopped when I heard about the school bus. I have 2 children who ride the bus, and at first the school system was not identified. I live in a suburb of Huntsville, but at one time had considered sending a gifted daughter to Lee high School. Lee has an acclaimed music and art program as well as other enrichment programs for students in the Huntsville school system. The performances the Lee Drama Dept. puts on are sold out quickly because the shows are so good. People come from all over to see them. I have friends who have children there, and I also know 2 teachers at the school. I am so saddened by the loss. It really is an awful day here in Huntsville.

I'm glad your children were not on that bus.  My prayers go out to the children and parents of those that were on the bus.  So very sad.  I think they are saying now a small vehicle may have hit the bus just prior to it going off the overpass??
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2006, 04:54:23 PM »

Funny that MF, Scubajap and Glenda haven't said a word about that letter today??   Laughing  Laughing

Well, that's because tourism is UP, doncha know!   Cool

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2006, 04:59:49 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot.  Tourism is up, it's all lies by opponents of Oduber.   Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2006, 05:00:44 PM »

O/T

There is a little red car still on the overpass that is the one believed to be involved with the school bus.  It was driven by another student at Lee High School en route to the tech school.  Some of the students with their own cars are allowed to drive themselves there and back.

And some seem to sort of race the bus there, too.  I hope this was not the case but it is possible.   Confused  Theory is driver pulled back in too close in front of the bus and hit the front fender sending the bus off course.  Because a bus is so high and the tires so large, they will go over those concrete guard rails like anything.  Regular cars don't but bus or big truck will.

.I am sure this is the last thing a kid racing the bus would have in mind and this is very sad if that is what happened.  Yes, I know it would be wrong to crowd the bus, etc. but just a kid and life will be ruined because of one stupid mistake.  Yes, the lives of three others are ended by one stupid mistake as well.

And I still wonder if there is not another not expected to make it or already dead pending notification of next of kin as they said four earlier, the hospital not the police.  You'd think the hospital would know.  

Sad

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2006, 05:10:13 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot.  Tourism is up, it's all lies by opponents of Oduber.   Laughing

And BETH!  They always try to work her into any lies about anything, buncha jerks!   Rolling Eyes

I was just thinking about the dignity given the victims of the bus wreck today compared with the lack of respect shown for the dead and injured in those awful photos from Aruba.  And I am proud of the manner in which a small town like Huntsville handled this today.  Everything is uncer control and was within a couple of hours as this didn't even happen until 10:15.  Fire Dept had the bus flipped upright within MINUTES.

So what is the hold up on every little thing in Aruba like doing a search?  Why does everything take so long to do absolutely nothing much.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.