April 30, 2024, 08:18:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #546 11/19 - 11/21/2006  (Read 120523 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2006, 07:18:09 PM »

Hi Leslie:  Several days ago (before the Iron Bowl festivities here) I think I mistakenly responded to you about locked crypts.......while being shampooed in the beauty shop Friday afternoon, it dawned on me that what I was describing, was really called (small) family mausoleums....Well, anyway....a testimony to a scalp massage during one's shampoo...LOL! Laughing
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2006, 07:22:43 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Peter de Vries about NH case to air this Sunday

Excellent. De Vries went from hero to scum right quick on FOB/RU just based on rumored subject matter. If the show does end up targeting J2K it will be interesting to see what peripheral players, if any, he includes. Koen? Lorenzo? Freddy? Paulus?
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2006, 07:23:11 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
The comments about the Front Page article, The Empire Strikes Back" are sooooo good!   Very Happy  Klaas, can you repost your artwork of Darth Vader Croes in the forum please?  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing

Laughing  Want to let you all know, I'm not related to him at all

Maine, born and raised!
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2006, 07:24:22 PM »

Hi everyone,

First I have heard of the tragedy in Huntsville. That city has excellent medical facilities and services, probably the best in the whole state. It is a very techno-savvy place because of the Marshall Space Center and all the miltary. IMO it is the best city in Alabama PERIOD.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2006, 07:26:35 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
Hi everyone,

First I have heard of the tragedy in Huntsville. That city has excellent medical facilities and services, probably the best in the whole state. It is a very techno-savvy place because of the Marshall Space Center and all the miltary. IMO it is the best city in Alabama PERIOD.

Good to hear the facilities are the best.  Those poor kids and their families.  They are in my prayers.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2006, 07:26:39 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"

Excellent. De Vries went from hero to scum right quick on FOB/RU just based on rumored subject matter. If the show does end up targeting J2K it will be interesting to see what peripheral players, if any, he includes. Koen? Lorenzo? Freddy? Paulus?

Kool. any word about he search ?
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2006, 07:29:18 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

Kool. any word about he search ?

Just what MIP6 posted. Who knows?
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2006, 07:30:56 PM »

Well, Red said something last night. Ty.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2006, 07:35:54 PM »

Well, Red said something last night. Ty.

Really? I musta missed it. Thanks Kat, i will check it out.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2006, 07:37:39 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"
Hi Leslie:  Several days ago (before the Iron Bowl festivities here) I think I mistakenly responded to you about locked crypts.......while being shampooed in the beauty shop Friday afternoon, it dawned on me that what I was describing, was really called (small) family mausoleums....Well, anyway....a testimony to a scalp massage during one's shampoo...LOL! Laughing

Up here in Quebec, where the french language predominates, the word crypt is "crypte" en francais,  and used to describe an above-ground building.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2006, 07:37:49 PM »

I understand that Red has to check things out for accuracy.
And probably for othet things. I know its a-coming. Cool
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2006, 07:38:13 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
[ Laughing  Want to let you all know, I'm not related to him at all

Yeah, just a name, right??  Cool

From that silly letter he wrote, he is as likely to be saying pull my finger as pointing one!  Maybe he needs the summary from the Murder and Crime Thread.

http://tinyurl.com/yxfemk

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2006, 07:39:52 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Quote from: "Ono"

Up here in Quebec, where the french language predominates, the word crypt is "crypte" en francais,  and used to describe an above-ground building.

Hey did you watch the game. eh ? Me, non...  Embarassed
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2006, 07:41:13 PM »

Hi, Igs!

Yes, it was amazing to watch deVries go from SuperHero to pond scum right before our very eyes when he did not appear to be coming to what some thought the appropriate conclusion.

So it will air Sunday.  I wonder if there will be an English version or if we can get a transcript or something.  Are his shows put on the internet like the previous one from Holland that Beth was on?  It was nicely in English.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2006, 07:48:25 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
Hi everyone,

First I have heard of the tragedy in Huntsville. That city has excellent medical facilities and services, probably the best in the whole state. It is a very techno-savvy place because of the Marshall Space Center and all the military. IMO it is the best city in Alabama PERIOD.

Hi, SB,
Will have to say Huntsville handled this as well as it could be dealt with.  The medical facilities are excellent as you state,  depends on what is wrong whether these are best or UAB but these are good for injuries like this as none had to be airlifted to Bham or Chattanooga.

Just nothing more that could be done.  Huntsville is very good to help others and when the call went out for help, they were so overwhelmed with it had to take it back.  No help needed as they had more than they could handle in no time at all and offers from not just locally but far away.

Shocked

Seatbelts would have helped in this particular instance but with the Tennessee River and all the lakes, they are a hindrance if something goes off in water or in case of fire so no way to win on that issue.

And I can see the kids using the buckles as a weapon and thunking each other over the head with them which was also expressed as a concern.  

So while they would have helped and maybe even saved lives today, in other situations, they could cost them.  

No easy decision, that one.

. Sad

PERSONA NON GRATA

Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2006, 07:51:11 PM »

Kat_Gram:  Do you remember, when you were a kid, waiting for the football game to end on a Sunday afternoon so that you could watch the "The Wonderful World of Disney" and how the last 5 minutes of the games lasted forever...?   I have always disliked football.  I remember my father trying to watch (on TV) a Grey Cup game played in fog.  lol.
Did you ever hear the true story of a anti-English mayor of Montreal who was asked to kick out the football at the Grey Cup and answered that he would be glad to go and kick their balls?

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2006, 07:52:05 PM »

I understand that Red has to check things out for accuracy.
And probably for othet things. I know its a-coming. Cool

Yeah, but I'm just impatient to know.   Very Happy Would have to guess nothing was found or some in Aruba would have comments somewhere .

And wish we could see deVries show.

I think I would watch it even if I can't understand what they are saying.  Sometimes it sounds close enough that you do know.

PERSONA NON GRATA

igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2006, 07:55:39 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Hi, Igs!

Hi Anna!

I don't want to get too excited over the de Vries show. My feelings have grown fairly militant and i don't see how a TV show will represent the case the way i think it should be. I am encouraged that de Vries is doing the show, but what i really want to see is the KLPD take action.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2006, 07:58:21 PM »

According to Kawish, the de Vries show doesn't air in Aruba.  It will probably be on Youtube right after the broadcast in Holland.

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2006, 08:10:31 PM »

BTW, anyone else having LOTS of trouble with getting pages to load? For some reason this evening I can't surf, post, load anything except if I refresh it and it is slooooooow.... I am using IE and Firefox and both the same, tried another PC and the same. I am wondering if my ISP might be having problems?

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.