April 30, 2024, 06:44:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #546 11/19 - 11/21/2006  (Read 120507 times)
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: November 22, 2006, 08:53:46 AM »

The video:
Video Clip grupo 2Real

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: November 22, 2006, 09:08:50 AM »

Notice that the female in the pictures in Bondia is onstage at Carlos and Charlie's (they fail to mention that fact).   How do they know she is American?  She has the Latin looks and could pass as an Aruban.
Where is her wristband?   Who is that guy with her?  Is he American?

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #642 on: November 22, 2006, 09:44:31 AM »

As much as I would like to hang out right here all day, I have a long list of errands.  As usual, I have left a lot of stuff until the day before.  I was probably waiting for a day when I felt wound up enough to get something done.  So, it's time to get moving on my list..............

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #643 on: November 22, 2006, 09:46:16 AM »

http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=152598641&m=9640&rr=y&source=bma999

Would like to share this with my Monkey friends...

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #644 on: November 22, 2006, 09:46:40 AM »

Hi Monkeys!!  Working and lurking...

I didn't even peek at the article due to the prepare to be offended warning!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: November 22, 2006, 09:48:16 AM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

SISTAH!!!!!

that was too cute!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: November 22, 2006, 09:48:35 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

SISTAH!!!!!

that was too cute!!

Wink

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: November 22, 2006, 09:57:47 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Was this video filmed in Aruba?  
http://tinyurl.com/vulqs

Goodmorning all!

Which video are you referring to?  If it's on the CoolAruba site though most likely yes.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: November 22, 2006, 09:59:20 AM »

Notice that the female in the pictures in Bondia is onstage at Carlos and Charlie's (they fail to mention that fact).   How do they know she is American?  She has the Latin looks and could pass as an Aruban.
Where is her wristband?   Who is that guy with her?  Is he American?

Those photos in Bondia I believe where at the CoolAruba site last week.  I saw them.  It did not look like an American girl to me.  Could be you are translating what the article says wrong?
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: November 22, 2006, 10:20:54 AM »

Comportacion di hoben turistanan Mericano ta preocupante.

"Ta increibel con algun di e Mericanonan aki ta actua ora nan ta cu vakantie. Ta dushi pa ta cu vakantie y pasa pret, pero no di manera aki.  E luga aki no ta un cas di prostituta of un strip joint"
-
Comport = to conduct or behave
di hoben  = of young
turistanan = tourists
Mericano = American
ta preocopante = is preoccipied

The newspaper is implying the young woman in the three pictures is a young American tourist or why else would they accompany that article?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: November 22, 2006, 10:28:06 AM »

"Ta increibel con algun di e Mericanonan aki ta actua ora nan ta cu vakantie. Ta dushi pa ta cu vakantie y pasa pret, pero no di manera aki.  E luga aki no ta un cas di prostituta of un strip joint"
-
di hoben  = of young
turistanan = tourists
Mericano = American

The newspaper is implying the young woman in the three pictures is a young American tourist or why else would they accompany that article?

Leslie - I don't know for sure.  We need to get someone to translate the entire article.

Here is the full series of photos at CoolAruba:

http://album.coolaruba.com/thumbnails.php?album=662&page=4
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: November 22, 2006, 10:30:05 AM »

Correction: preoccupied.
This video: Video Clip grupo 2Real
Klaas:  Forget about it.  Not important.  Because the article in Bondia implied that young American tourists act badly and brought up Natalee Holloway's name, I thought I would post about it.   I am not fluent in Pap and only have the online translator and my own knowledge of languages to go by.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: November 22, 2006, 10:32:01 AM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

New Zealand Seems to be Able to Handle Crimes Against Tourists .. Why Can’t or Won’t Aruba?

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/11/22/new-zealand-seems-to-be-able-to-handle-crimes-against-tourists-why-cant-or-wont-aruba/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #653 on: November 22, 2006, 10:41:43 AM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
I wonder if one day, in retrospect, we will see Natalee's disappearance as the beginning of liberation for Arubans from a corrupt and life-draining government, a regime that sucked the life and pride from native Arubans.  The corruption, drugs, and money laundering that have been government sanctioned on this island for decades have denied the Arubans the opportunity to build an honest and productive society.  Helpless to save themselves, how ironic if the turning point in their history might be the sacrifice of a young American girl's life.  The murder of Natalee may become the flashlight that exposes the corruption in the Aruban government and results in its downfall.  Could this be Natalee's legacy?

Forgive me if this has been posted in response to azlady's post, as I have not caught up yet in pages beyond. DAVE's Book....page 138...top of the page......it sure does make one wonder about things we really have no proof or knowledge of as living humans.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: November 22, 2006, 10:47:14 AM »

BonDia - November 21, 2006 - Section B - Page 6
http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pdf/Nov/21/B-21-11-06.pdf
It is the latest edition of Bondia available (but the first chance I had to to read beyond section A).  There is an article about how some Americans behave themselves in Aruba and 3 pictures from www.coolaruba.com to prove these allegations.  Natalee Holloway's name is mentioned.
Prepare to be offended.  Note that the heading says "Opinion" yet the author hasn't stated his/her name.

Not only am I offended, I am furious!  Yes, it is talking about the "comportment" of the Mericano tourists, etc. and at the end says something similar is likely what happened with the lamentable situation in Alabama.  Talking about Natalee and lying and pretending she was behaving in this same manner as the woman showing her thongs, etc.

This is just horrid!  

To quote Robots I hate them!  How dare they lie like this!!!  Natalee did no such thing.

And it is damned strange how people go to Aruba and behave so badly.  Now I have to wonder just what causes this???  Sounds like a place to stay far away from so we don't all act that way, right?

An article much like this came out around the time Natalee disappeared, shortly thereafter, saying that the American tourists were the worst behaved, etc.

But what these jerks are missing is that it doesn't matter if the girl is stark naked dancing on the bar, etc. it gives no one the right to kill her.  Seems a rather harsh sentence for possibly drinking too much for any girl.

I thought they were oh so tolerant there!  And yet they think being murdered is probably OK if the girl was dancing in a provocative manner?  Otherwise, why mention this?  I have never seen such an insulting article in a supposed resort area.  

We need to complain to somebody about this.  Or Red do an article.  Let's all of us evil, badly behaved Mericans stay the heck away from that place!

Twisted Evil  Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: November 22, 2006, 10:47:38 AM »

Same to you Jacquie!

Very cute card Very Happy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: November 22, 2006, 10:51:23 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
BonDia - November 21, 2006 - Section B - Page 6
http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pdf/Nov/21/B-21-11-06.pdf
It is the latest edition of Bondia available (but the first chance I had to to read beyond section A).  There is an article about how some Americans behave themselves in Aruba and 3 pictures from www.coolaruba.com to prove these allegations.  Natalee Holloway's name is mentioned.
Prepare to be offended.  Note that the heading says "Opinion" yet the author hasn't stated his/her name.

Not only am I offended, I am furious!  Yes, it is talking about the "comportment" of the Mericano tourists, etc. and at the end says something similar is likely what happened with the lamentable situation in Alabama.  Talking about Natalee and lying and pretending she was behaving in this same manner as the woman showing her thongs, etc.

This is just horrid!  

To quote Robots I hate them!  How dare they lie like this!!!  Natalee did no such thing.

And it is damned strange how people go to Aruba and behave so badly.  Now I have to wonder just what causes this???  Sounds like a place to stay far away from so we don't all act that way, right?

An article much like this came out around the time Natalee disappeared, shortly thereafter, saying that the American tourists were the worst behaved, etc.

But what these jerks are missing is that it doesn't matter if the girl is stark naked dancing on the bar, etc. it gives no one the right to kill her.  Seems a rather harsh sentence for possibly drinking too much for any girl.

I thought they were oh so tolerant there!  And yet they think being murdered is probably OK if the girl was dancing in a provocative manner?  Otherwise, why mention this?  I have never seen such an insulting article in a supposed resort area.  

We need to complain to somebody about this.  Or Red do an article.  Let's all of us evil, badly behaved Mericans stay the heck away from that place!

Twisted Evil  Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil

Anna, I agree totally.  You stated it well.  I am sure Bon Dia (witch that she is) is responsible for a lot of this.  Perhaps, it is she, the ugliest American, who makes them think of all Americans being like that horrible creature.  If she is the one they use as an example, it is no wonder they are prejudiced in this manner toward Americans, but then she is not the one who left the USA so she could carry on her evil in the Caribbean so as to operate away from the scrutiny of the DOJ.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: November 22, 2006, 10:53:01 AM »

so angry when I typed the above, I meant to say it is she and not Natalee, who left the USA to operate where she would not be under the scrutiny of the DOJ.  May she rot in a pile of dog barf.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #658 on: November 22, 2006, 10:54:35 AM »

Thanks, Jacqueline, for the card.  I wish you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving and holiday week.  P.S.  How is your family?

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #659 on: November 22, 2006, 11:05:46 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

-
di hoben  = of young
turistanan = tourists
Mericano = American

Leslie - I don't know for sure.  We need to get someone to translate the entire article.

Here is the full series of photos at CoolAruba:

http://album.coolaruba.com/thumbnails.php?album=662&page=4

Having looked through these photos, I noticed a few shots were not available..not sure why.  Also, didn't the one photographer resemble Jerry, or whatever his name is?

The behavior depicted in the photos is all part of the island scene, and fueled by alcohol, which is also displayed in the photos.  The writer of the article singled out the one young lady, but did not include the rest of the crowd.  Don't get me wrong, I do not condone the girl's behavior, but find it offensive that the atmosphere in these island party places is not included in the writing.  It was encouraged and the bartenders were very much part of it, as was the MC, or whoever he was that was on stage with the mic.  If the translation is somewhat valid, it's another attempt to make Americans appear to be without scruples.  No one in that crowd looked displeased with the happenings.  Where were they all from?

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.