May 01, 2024, 04:44:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #546 11/19 - 11/21/2006  (Read 120564 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: November 22, 2006, 11:12:07 AM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Thanks, Jacqueline, for the card.  I wish you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving and holiday week.  P.S.  How is your family?

Awe thanks so much for asking Tyler...
Everyone is doing well, thank God...

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: November 22, 2006, 11:21:57 AM »

What kind of bottle is this employee using to get the girl that drunk and out of it?  I have never seen one quite like that with big crystal looking stopper.  The actual bottle may even be in a bag or wrapper.

Maybe this is the bottle markes "for Women Only" and he is her choreographer telling her what to do, etc.  Why didn't they show him and the other guy pouring booze down their throats?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #662 on: November 22, 2006, 11:27:08 AM »

Thank you Leslie.   Smile

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: November 22, 2006, 11:29:16 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
As much as I would like to hang out right here all day, I have a long list of errands.  As usual, I have left a lot of stuff until the day before.  I was probably waiting for a day when I felt wound up enough to get something done.  So, it's time to get moving on my list..............

Have a great Thanksgiving, Peaches.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: November 22, 2006, 11:30:50 AM »

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1036363598920

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL PUMA!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: November 22, 2006, 11:33:39 AM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=152598641&m=9640&rr=y&source=bma999

Would like to share this with my Monkey friends...

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy!

Good Morning, All Monkeys,

And Thank You Jacquie for the very cute card.

I am thankful to be an American especially this year.  Hope Uncle Mike has a wonderful Thanksgiving safe at home, too.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: November 22, 2006, 11:38:56 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=152598641&m=9640&rr=y&source=bma999

Would like to share this with my Monkey friends...

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy!

Good Morning, All Monkeys,

And Thank You Jacquie for the very cute card.

I am thankful to be an American especially this year.  Hope Uncle Mike has a wonderful Thanksgiving safe at home, too.

Thanks Anna!
Yes  he is looking forward to it!

Wishing you and yours a very happy and healty holdiday season.

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: November 22, 2006, 11:38:59 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"

Not only am I offended, I am furious!  Yes, it is talking about the "comportment" of the Mericano tourists, etc. and at the end says something similar is likely what happened with the lamentable situation in Alabama.  Talking about Natalee and lying and pretending she was behaving in this same manner as the woman showing her thongs, etc.

This is just horrid!  

To quote Robots I hate them!  How dare they lie like this!!!  Natalee did no such thing.

And it is damned strange how people go to Aruba and behave so badly.  Now I have to wonder just what causes this???  Sounds like a place to stay far away from so we don't all act that way, right?

An article much like this came out around the time Natalee disappeared, shortly thereafter, saying that the American tourists were the worst behaved, etc.

But what these jerks are missing is that it doesn't matter if the girl is stark naked dancing on the bar, etc. it gives no one the right to kill her.  Seems a rather harsh sentence for possibly drinking too much for any girl.

I thought they were oh so tolerant there!  And yet they think being murdered is probably OK if the girl was dancing in a provocative manner?  Otherwise, why mention this?  I have never seen such an insulting article in a supposed resort area.  

We need to complain to somebody about this.  Or Red do an article.  Let's all of us evil, badly behaved Mericans stay the heck away from that place!

Twisted Evil  Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil

There's no question that there are Americans (and every other nationality) who go on holiday and behave badly.  Some don't even bother to wait for vacations.  Such behavior does not give Aruban sons, cousins, husbands or friends the right to kidnap, rape or disappear them.  They don't seem to comprehend this.    Natalee did not behave this way while in Aruba, but Arubans decided they would spread those rumors to defend their high school boys, bartenders, disc jockeys, police and members of their judicial system.  It was Natalee's own fault.  Our boys can do anything they want when American tourists behave this way.  WRONG, ARUBA.  And that's why no one should go there.  This is how they think.  BOYCOTT ARUBA.

memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: November 22, 2006, 11:42:42 AM »

'morning 2NJSons_Mom, Florida, Jacqueline, klaasend, LilPuma, Ono, Anna and everyono else not signed in.  Wink

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you for the card Jac. That was cute.

Happy Birthday LilPuma!
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #669 on: November 22, 2006, 11:46:36 AM »

I think it was Grande who posted those pics last week.

I, like Klaas, did not think the girl was American, but it doesn't really matter. I agree with LilPuma.

It is infuriating that "they" would take those pics and tie them in to Natalee's story.  Evil or Very Mad
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: November 22, 2006, 11:48:04 AM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "Leslie"
BonDia - November 21, 2006 - Section B - Page 6
http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pdf/Nov/21/B-21-11-06.pdf
It is the latest edition of Bondia available (but the first chance I had to to read beyond section A).  There is an article about how some Americans behave themselves in Aruba and 3 pictures from www.coolaruba.com to prove these allegations.  Natalee Holloway's name is mentioned.
Prepare to be offended.  Note that the heading says "Opinion" yet the author hasn't stated his/her name.

Aruba - now would be a good time to quit digging.

Put the shovel down and climb out of the hole.

I think their hole keeps filling up with water and they can't get out.  Maybe they're just not smart enough to.  I do hope that this attitude that if you behave in a wild and crazy manner while on their little island, then they have no culpability in what anyone on the island does to you.  They won't investigate, they won't indict, they won't go to trial.  It's your own fault for drinking and behaving in a loose manner.  

MEMO:  To Aruba  
DATE:  November 22, 2006
RE:      Wild and Crazy Tourists

Your attitude towards tourists who let loose and get drunk or crazy is the reason we won't travel to your little scrubland.  If I get drunk and show my panties but am robbed, raped, kidnapped or murdered thereafter, it is still a crime.  You don't seem to think so.  Therefore, I will travel to Hawaii, Key West, Carmel, Texas or Arizona instead.

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #671 on: November 22, 2006, 11:51:59 AM »

Thanks Memphis.   Smile  It was a 2-day celebration and I get more birthday wishes tomorrow when I visit more family members.  

If someone wants to post my Memo to Aruba on the Cool Aruba site, feel free.   Laughing

memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #672 on: November 22, 2006, 11:52:27 AM »

Yeh! What she said!  Evil or Very Mad
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: November 22, 2006, 11:58:43 AM »

You can't make this stuff up.  
 Laughing
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
First DARE office celebratory opened  

WILLEMSTAD – The first DARE office in the world was opened in Bitterstraat 1 in Scharloo.  Many government officials and media persons were present.  

DARE stands for Drug Abuse Resistance Education, and is a prevention project of the police for the Youth.  DARE-coordinator Reggie Huggins says that the project is very active in Curacao.  The idea is to open four more centers in Curacao in the future.  The DARE-center contains amongst others a computer room and training center that the DARE-officers and volunteers man in their private time.  Since Scharloo is a neighborhood with very few children, the center will also target the adults.  Urban renewal that renovated 30 monumental buildings in this dilapidated neighborhood, offered the housing to DARE.    

DARE does not have to pay rent; DARE offers in exchange some security in the neighborhood and there is direct contact with the police station in Punda.  DARE’s existence is thanks to sponsoring from the trade and industry and Huggins wants to keep it this way.  Government subsidies often mean political interference.  The DARE-method that is currently adopted in dozens of countries, was developed in the United States.  Other than with the police, the DARE has also found access to the media, teachers, and a social worker.  Mayor Lisa Richards-Dindial has appointed herself as ambassador of DARE.  Huggins presented her and the minister of Justice David Dick (PAR) with the first monthly edition of Springplank, a paper with positive news.  

Photo of an officer with the above article  Laughing  Maybe they borrowed him from Aruba??  Laughing  Laughing
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #674 on: November 22, 2006, 12:00:59 PM »

That is so kool!  It's like a cross between a Monet and a Thomas Kinkade painting, with beautiful swans and music.  Thanks!  
p.s.  Swans mate for life.  We could learn from swans.  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #675 on: November 22, 2006, 12:04:26 PM »

Klaasend,

DARE in Curocao  and this in the NL:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/afplifestylenetherlands

Laughing  Wink

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: November 22, 2006, 12:06:42 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Klaasend,

DARE in Curocao  and this in the NL:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/afplifestylenetherlands

Laughing  Wink

Laughing
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #677 on: November 22, 2006, 12:07:32 PM »

A few years ago, I took a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico.

On the ship people kept saying, "You got to check out Charlos 'n Charlies when we get to Cozumel."

Well....we did at 2:00 in the afternoon.  Filled with young, drunk kids dancing & drinking.  At one point, the music stops, the waiter blows his whistle & comes by to sell you shots...poured by him directly down your throat.....

THen I noticed girls dancing extremely provocatively on the stage & I wondered had the staff promised them free drinks?

Needless to say, we left our virgin Pina Coladas & left.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: November 22, 2006, 12:11:24 PM »

Another great production by Klaasend!   Laughing

My local paper last Sunday had an article about Curacao.  He/she (Toni) said that the liqueur Curacao is made from the peels of laraha oranges.  The oranges taste so bad even the wild goats won't eat them.  Spanish settlers brought Valencia orange trees there but the soil and climate turned them bitter.  (Could this have happened to the people too?)  The writer goes on about what there is to see and do, but says that he/she was kept awake all night by croaking frogs and got locked into a museum and had to stand inside the wrought iron gates asking passersby to get help.   Laughing  Speaking of you can't make this stuff up.    Laughing

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: November 22, 2006, 12:12:44 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Another great production by Klaasend!  Laughing

My local paper last Sunday had an article about Curacao.  He/she (Toni) said that the liqueur Curacao is made from the peels of laraha oranges.  The oranges taste so bad even the wild goats won't eat them.  Spanish settlers brought Valencia orange trees there but the soil and climate turned them bitter.  (Could this have happened to the people too?)  The writer goes on about what there is to see and do, but says that he/she was kept awake all night by croaking frogs and got locked into a museum and had to stand inside the wrought iron gates asking passersby to get help.   Laughing  Speaking of you can't make this stuff up.    Laughing

That's the point, I didn't do it!!  It's exactly as seen in Amigoe.com  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.