April 19, 2024, 03:20:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Christmas tree!  (Read 21008 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2006, 12:55:32 AM »

Dear None,

If I could buy your cookies I'd buy some, eat some and frame the rest. Too bad you can't see through them. The colors, and the way your work them would make lovelies in the windows.

Keep up the good work,

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2006, 12:58:36 AM »

Anyone know how to get a Poinsetta to bloom? Many has grown great since last year on the porch; nice leaves, green but no red??

Any hints? Don't have room for a tree this year so was hoping to have some red color from the plant.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2006, 10:55:19 PM »

IBE,

Thank you for  your compliments on the cookies and I do hope you were able to get your poinsettia to bloom !

I have a confession to make, I avoided going to get our tree this year, it just felt too hard. Finally we went last week, I was dreading it, but daughter wanted to return to the tree lot she had gone to with mr none last xmas. So we went.......arrive and I stumble out of the car, just really wishing this would be quick and I wouldn't start to cry. Well out of this trailer pop two gray-haired santas in santa hats, they march up to us and say "would you like a Christmas kiss?".  Shocked I looked at daughter so startled, she's laughing, so I say "why not?".......I mean what else could I say???

They extend their hands in unison, there were candy kisses in the palms of their mittens, then I had to laugh at myself.  Laughing Just the tonic we needed so I confessed I'd been dreading this trip this year, and why....doggone if they didn't remember him and little none, plus our dog who went with them????

So of course now they feel sorry for us, I tell them we just need a small tree but oh no..........they want us to have a BIG tree.  Rolling Eyes They point out this tree with 'issues' with a bare backside........and just force this tree on us !  Shocked I look at them and say "there is no way she and I can get that huge tree into our house regardless of how cheap that tree is guys". WELL.......not to be deterred in their random act of kindness, they offer to load it up and bring it to our house !  Shocked

So off we go  Laughing back to the house, those two happy souls bring that tree inside and set it up for us. Of course by then I feel I have to tip them, gosh they won't take it, so I send them back to the lot with hot chocolate and about $50 worth of our creative cookies  Laughing  Laughing

Anyway, the tree is too big to put in the living room as we usually do, plus with pets I was so worried they would tip it over I insisted we put it where it could be secured to the overhang with fishing line. So here we are with our misfit tree from two kind souls, and we hardly had enough lights for it. It's the biggest tree I've ever had, honestly this thing is about 15 feet tall and it grows wider each day  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

what a xmas !!!!!!!

So here's a not very good photo, just hard to get one with all the hubbub this week and poor light......you can't see the white/gold butterflies very well either. But there is one very special ornament. I found a large hand-blown painted butterfly ball about two weeks ago. I ordered it and it was one of the gifts I gave to daughter at her college graduation.

It's the centerpiece of our tree. Next to it is a glass bell ornament for our angel's wings.

Merry Christmas to our beloved Rick. Merry Christmas to each of you as well, may your hearts and lives be filled with love this holiday.

I continue to stand with the girl.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2006, 11:07:05 PM »

IBE~ I'm clueless on the poinsetta issue. I can't have any as they are poison to cats.    Confused  BTW, Mother had lots of flowers in her ICU room. She is allergic to some plant life. I remembered and suggested we remove them the other day. Oddly enough, her breathing began to improve...

Nonesy~ That tree is gorgous!!!!! Thank goodness for those two santy clauses!

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2006, 09:01:33 PM »

Nonesy
That story is lovely and guess what? Now it's your turn to make someone's life a little easier in the future.  It will happen, just keep your eyes open.  God always provides us the opportunity to return the favor.  I learned that lesson when my Lala was just a baby.  There was a favorite Winnie the Pooh video she loved and in the story Pooh and Piglet and Tigger were trying to cheer up gloomy ole Eyeore.  They tried everything they could and darn near killed him in the process, but in the end Eyeore teaches them about cloud painting.  At the end they are all there ooohing and aahing the pretty colors that Eyeore has painted for them in his mind and he says, "Just returning the favor, Piglet, just returning the favor."  Angels are everywhere we just have to look.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2006, 02:09:04 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Nonesy
That story is lovely and guess what? Now it's your turn to make someone's life a little easier in the future.  It will happen, just keep your eyes open.  God always provides us the opportunity to return the favor.  I learned that lesson when my Lala was just a baby.  There was a favorite Winnie the Pooh video she loved and in the story Pooh and Piglet and Tigger were trying to cheer up gloomy ole Eyeore.  They tried everything they could and darn near killed him in the process, but in the end Eyeore teaches them about cloud painting.  At the end they are all there ooohing and aahing the pretty colors that Eyeore has painted for them in his mind and he says, "Just returning the favor, Piglet, just returning the favor."  Angels are everywhere we just have to look.

Amen to that Lalas.
Photos here are beautiful.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2006, 09:37:03 AM »

I agree Angie
Everyone's pics are beautiful.

Nonesuch,  that butterfly ornament is stunning!

Maine, born and raised!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2006, 02:40:55 AM »

Lala's, how did you know I love Eyeore?  Very Happy

We got up the last morning those guys were at the tree lot and took them sausage biscuits and hot coffee for breakfast  Wink as justins said, thank heavens for those two santy clauses !

MeMere has reminded me several times of paying it forward, so often I think of how many monkeys have paid it forward, to me or to my family or to others. Many special and wonderful monkeys here...

MsDarth - I think God guided me to that ornament, daughter just loved it, I don't know how I got so lucky to run across it.

Son arrived home today post the bowl game so we did xmas all over again and he loved the tree and the butterflies.  Very Happy

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.