April 26, 2024, 09:08:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #47 7/21/09 - 7/29/09  (Read 399969 times)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #360 on: July 21, 2009, 01:39:16 AM »

MT - you did it again!!!

I say that all the time, Jackie! What'd she do this time?

disconnected our phone call for the second time tonight.

It was Jackie's phone.  She is on Ambien!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #361 on: July 21, 2009, 01:39:17 AM »

That's what I thought................... maybe an old pic. 
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #362 on: July 21, 2009, 01:39:37 AM »

I need some tips on housebreaking a puppy, I dont think  Kieby is getting the hang of it at all and Ive never had a inside dog before so it might be me, someone help...

Anna and Jackie will NOT agree with me but I would crate train him. My dogs love their crates.  When I kennel them this weekend, I will bring their crates (they are small) so they have their own beds and security.

A small dog, especially a puppy, has to go out a lot!  And I mean al ot.  Twice an hour at least. I use a command word then praise!  I only have one that can be  a little sneak if I let her.  It is all attitude with her.  The rest are very good.

PT made a pen.  I put the 2 small ones in there and tell them to go Potty and they do!  Then I praise them!  The others just go outside and will go to the door.  But little dogs are very difficult to house break, so be consistent and patient.  It will probably happen.  LOL
Thanks, I will try the crate, nothing else seems to be working, but like you said , maybe it will work in the future, maybe he is just too young and playful, I dont know, but I can hope its just his age for now!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #363 on: July 21, 2009, 01:40:13 AM »

Here is the quilt. I thought I was never going to get it finished.

That is beautiful, GE!!  Great job!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #364 on: July 21, 2009, 01:40:18 AM »

MT - you did it again!!!

I say that all the time, Jackie! What'd she do this time?

disconnected our phone call for the second time tonight.

It was Jackie's phone.  She is on Ambien!!   

So post! Let your fingers to the talking..............
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: July 21, 2009, 01:41:28 AM »

I need some tips on housebreaking a puppy, I dont think  Kieby is getting the hang of it at all and Ive never had a inside dog before so it might be me, someone help...

Sorry HH it's been so long since I have had a dog. Have you tried taking him out as soon as he finishes eating.
I have, and he just wants to run around and play, then when he comes in, he will squat every time.....I'm not having much luck with him at all..lol

The puppy pads have always worked well for me.  They are supposed to have a scent only dogs can smell to attract the pup to them.

Maybe I should go back and read. Surely Anna couldn't possibly mean what I read in that......... 

CBB, Not for me.  We are housebreaking a pup here.

HH, did you try a different brand and make sure it says on the lable they are scented to attract the pup?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #366 on: July 21, 2009, 01:42:37 AM »

CBB that was Grand daughters quilt. Put it on hold to make this one for MIL's birthday. Now that GD is moving here i will finish after they get here.
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #367 on: July 21, 2009, 01:43:10 AM »

Sorry HH it's been so long since I have had a dog. Have you tried taking him out as soon as he finishes eating.
I have, and he just wants to run around and play, then when he comes in, he will squat every time.....I'm not having much luck with him at all..lol

The puppy pads have always worked well for me.  They are supposed to have a scent only dogs can smell to attract the pup to them.

Maybe I should go back and read. Surely Anna couldn't possibly mean what I read in that......... 

HH, did you try a different brand and make sure it says on the lable they are scented to attract the pup?

I trained my last one with a coke can and 7 pennies! Seriously!
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #368 on: July 21, 2009, 01:43:21 AM »

hey, I never thought of that, maybe thats it, I will check into it tomorrow, maybe they are just the wrong kind......thanks everyone for the help, now I have a few more options, I was almost ready to put diapers on him...lol

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #369 on: July 21, 2009, 01:43:54 AM »

I had one e-mail from "Dolce" -- she sent a supposed "pic" of A-1 and her own "baby". ( I thought she looked like Grandpa Munster.) That is when I stopped returning e-mails.

Oh, we thought they were FOS!!  No big deal!  Did you know A1 is really 62 years old not the fourty something she claimed to be. 

So this isn't her?

No that's her! Here is a more recent pic:

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #370 on: July 21, 2009, 01:44:00 AM »

huh?

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: July 21, 2009, 01:44:01 AM »

Night Monkeys! Ill catch up in the morning! 

Nite, Wreck.  We won't do anything to make your eyes all red again or set your head afire.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #372 on: July 21, 2009, 01:44:20 AM »

CBB that was Grand daughters quilt. Put it on hold to make this one for MIL's birthday. Now that GD is moving here i will finish after they get here.

Well, it's beautiful and your work is awesome!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #373 on: July 21, 2009, 01:44:40 AM »

Anna and Jackie will NOT agree with me but I would crate train him. My dogs love their crates.  When I kennel them this weekend, I will bring their crates (they are small) so they have their own beds and security.

A small dog, especially a puppy, has to go out a lot!  And I mean al ot.  Twice an hour at least. I use a command word then praise!  I only have one that can be  a little sneak if I let her.  It is all attitude with her.  The rest are very good.

PT made a pen.  I put the 2 small ones in there and tell them to go Potty and they do!  Then I praise them!  The others just go outside and will go to the door.  But little dogs are very difficult to house break, so be consistent and patient.  It will probably happen.  LOL
Thanks, I will try the crate, nothing else seems to be working, but like you said , maybe it will work in the future, maybe he is just too young and playful, I dont know, but I can hope its just his age for now!

He should be sleeping in it, but i couldn't do it!  If he is going outside, don't use the puppy pads.  It confuses them, so I was told.  Another thing I was told, Don't let him play until he goes!  Play can be a good reward.  He should not have run of the house yet until he gets trained.  Sopposedly this confuses them too. 

After you take him out, if he does not go, crate him and try again like 15 minutes later.  Make sure you help him get used to the crate if you have not been using it.  Don't let him out right away if he cries....   Good luck!! 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: July 21, 2009, 01:46:39 AM »

The quilt and pillow are both very nice and thoughtful gifts, GE.  I know the ones who get them will be thrilled that you did this for them

PERSONA NON GRATA

crazybabyborg
« Reply #375 on: July 21, 2009, 01:48:36 AM »

huh?

Put pennies in a can and when they start to squat, or have an accident in the house, shake the can. You can even throw the can NEAR not AT them if you can't get to them in time and the noise startles them. That's the negative reinforcement. You couple that with LOT'S of loving when they go outside, and put them on a generous schedule for success by taking them out often. Eventually I put her on a feeding and water schedule to help that along, too.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: July 21, 2009, 01:48:46 AM »

He should be sleeping in it, but i couldn't do it!  If he is going outside, don't use the puppy pads.  It confuses them, so I was told.  Another thing I was told, Don't let him play until he goes!  Play can be a good reward.  He should not have run of the house yet until he gets trained.  Sopposedly this confuses them too. 

After you take him out, if he does not go, crate him and try again like 15 minutes later.  Make sure you help him get used to the crate if you have not been using it.  Don't let him out right away if he cries....   Good luck!! 
ok,  Thanks alot, Im gonna try the crate thing first and see if that works, Id rather he go outside ...I hope he learns one way or the other he is driving me crazy, I think we started out wrong then because he has always had the run of the house......but he was so tiny when we got him and we mosty ether carried him around or held him in our lap!

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #377 on: July 21, 2009, 01:49:15 AM »

huh?

Yes, but that is a big dog not a little one! 
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #378 on: July 21, 2009, 01:49:40 AM »

I don't get it.  That's not a picture of a 62 yr old woman.  And she was posting from her web cam one night so that's her.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: July 21, 2009, 01:50:39 AM »

Kermit, If you are stikll here, I am a little bit concerned about posters telling others if they just don't post any personal information, they have nothing to worry about.

Sure didn't work for either of us did it?  If the stalkers stuck to what I posted, I wouldn't have any problem with it but they didn't and added all kinds of crap they found or made up.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.