April 25, 2024, 10:04:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #47 7/21/09 - 7/29/09  (Read 399805 times)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #640 on: July 21, 2009, 10:42:10 PM »

Where did Jackie go?   

I hope she is not eating a box of cookies now!!   

I actually like the way she looks with the extra padding.  More to love.  Just hope that bathing suit isn't a thong.    

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

I think it is!   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: July 21, 2009, 10:46:24 PM »

She is on the right!!

They are so cute MT

GE, do not be fooled.  MT does not have dogs.  She is just a cage cleaner at the SPCA. 

Don't let her know that you know the truth.  She is going through the process of separating from the litter she had to give away when the breeder sold them.  We need to be very supportive of her.  We all know how fragile MT is.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: July 21, 2009, 10:47:02 PM »

Where did Jackie go?   

I hope she is not eating a box of cookies now!!   

I actually like the way she looks with the extra padding.  More to love.  Just hope that bathing suit isn't a thong.    

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

I think it is!   

I don't think they are sanitary.  Take that little guy for example.   Monkey Devil!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: July 21, 2009, 10:48:02 PM »

Nice work Bearly, LOLOL   
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #644 on: July 21, 2009, 10:48:42 PM »

She is on the right!!

They are so cute MT

GE, do not be fooled.  MT does not have dogs.  She is just a cage cleaner at the SPCA. 

Don't let her know that you know the truth.  She is going through the process of separating from the litter she had to give away when the breeder sold them.  We need to be very supportive of her.  We all know how fragile MT is.

marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: July 21, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »

Bearly has scared everyone away!!!    We are faithful believers in what Mytime says.   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: July 21, 2009, 11:02:11 PM »

Nice work Bearly, LOLOL   

Thanks, Klaas.  You got me started.  I did not realize how much fun you can have in photobucket.  I thought you needed an extra program.

I am not sure what happened to the cuckoo, it sort of disappears.  I think MyTy is flippin' the bird...just sayin'.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: July 21, 2009, 11:06:40 PM »

Bearly has scared everyone away!!!    We are faithful believers in what Mytime says.   

Do you actually believe Myteetime has quintuplets?  Oh, MM, what kind of soap has MT been washing your brain with? I will look for the antidote.

I believe in miracles!
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #648 on: July 21, 2009, 11:07:06 PM »

Hello all.
I am one of those that have been lurking up there for a week trying to catch up. I read here quite often I just don't usually log in unless I post.  The whole thing about people being not who they say they are...gosh, I've tried and tried to think of what to say but I am astonished that anyone would to go to such lengths for such a long time and not have an underlying purpose to such madness.

Crate training the dog...throw a treat in the crate, throw the favorite toys in the crate, praise every time the dog chases the thrown treat or toy in the crate.  Put the favorite blanket in the crate.  Be sure the crate is not too large for the dog, you do NOT want the dog to have room to have a sleep area and a potty area.  The crate will become their hidey spot, their security blanket of sorts.  I do not force them in the crate but make it a game chasing treats until they get used to it.  If they are whining just to come out, when they have been fed, pottied and played with you can monotone  say no and walk away.  The crying will eventually stop.  As soon as it stops go get the dog and let it out and play with it a few minutes, then directly outside to potty again.  Every time a new puppy eats, plays, or wakes up from sleeping it should be taken outside to potty.  Tell the dog "crate" every time you put it in the crate.  In time start saying crate and pointing, when the dog goes in by itself on its own treat and lavish the praise.  Properly trained dogs love their crates and think of them as their own home and sanctuary.  Our crates stay covered at all times except for the door.  The door stays open all day now (my dogs are trained) and if too many people come over or my dog is just tired and wants the other dogs to leave her alone she gets in her crate.  At my house the dogs have their own size appropriate crates.  Some people do let them share, which I suppose is fine too.  Anyway, the crate helps with potty training but also serves as the dogs "cave" to retreat to.  A crate should never be used as punishment.  The only time mine are shut now is at night at bed time.

As some of you know I picked up my puppy in MO to train as a cadaver dog.  Her name is Leslie and she is Australian Shepherd and Chow mix.  She was a Christmas gift from a wonderful lady who is my mentor and friend.  "Just the Facts" is the PI who came and searched for Caylee with her cadaver dog "Jordan". The black and White Australian Shepherd is Leslie's sister and also belongs to JTF, she named her Caylee.   We have another friend who is also training her dog "Murphy" as a cadaver dog.  We plan to get a male Australian Shepherd to breed with Leslie and we will train the puppies too.  We will also cross train a few of the dogs for live scent and tracking.  I created a photo bucket just for these
 HRD K-9's (Human Remains Detection) if anybody is interested in watching us grow together.
Here's the link:  http://s913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/HRDK-9/

I had back surgery about 2 months ago and surgery to move the ulnar nerve in my elbow about a week ago.  I am very sore but doing well.  I have not needed any medication in three days now. No, I am not whining, just letting you know I had things "fixed' so I could follow my dream and work with the HRD K-9's.  I am pursuing a PI license and plan to work missing persons pro-bono.  We have big plans and a lot of work to do but we are all obsessed with it now.  What an amazing group we have put together and how lucky we all are to have met.

More later and have a great night all.
Peace and Prayers
Dsntslp

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #649 on: July 21, 2009, 11:22:35 PM »

Hi dsntslp,

The cage seems to have stalled, but thanks for your post.   
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #650 on: July 21, 2009, 11:24:32 PM »

Mytime

No steeling Monkeys from the cage!!!   Bring them back now please.  Sex & City coming on soon.   
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #651 on: July 21, 2009, 11:27:20 PM »

You're welcome MaryMary.  I know it's late and quiet here.  It seems to be the only time I will have now that I am all patched up, lol.  Days are getting super busy now that I am up and around again.  I thrive on it, ha!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: July 21, 2009, 11:27:43 PM »

Hello all.
I am one of those that have been lurking up there for a week trying to catch up. I read here quite often I just don't usually log in unless I post.  The whole thing about people being not who they say they are...gosh, I've tried and tried to think of what to say but I am astonished that anyone would to go to such lengths for such a long time and not have an underlying purpose to such madness.

Crate training the dog...throw a treat in the crate, throw the favorite toys in the crate, praise every time the dog chases the thrown treat or toy in the crate.  Put the favorite blanket in the crate.  Be sure the crate is not too large for the dog, you do NOT want the dog to have room to have a sleep area and a potty area.  The crate will become their hidey spot, their security blanket of sorts.  I do not force them in the crate but make it a game chasing treats until they get used to it.  If they are whining just to come out, when they have been fed, pottied and played with you can monotone  say no and walk away.  The crying will eventually stop.  As soon as it stops go get the dog and let it out and play with it a few minutes, then directly outside to potty again.  Every time a new puppy eats, plays, or wakes up from sleeping it should be taken outside to potty.  Tell the dog "crate" every time you put it in the crate.  In time start saying crate and pointing, when the dog goes in by itself on its own treat and lavish the praise.  Properly trained dogs love their crates and think of them as their own home and sanctuary.  Our crates stay covered at all times except for the door.  The door stays open all day now (my dogs are trained) and if too many people come over or my dog is just tired and wants the other dogs to leave her alone she gets in her crate.  At my house the dogs have their own size appropriate crates.  Some people do let them share, which I suppose is fine too.  Anyway, the crate helps with potty training but also serves as the dogs "cave" to retreat to.  A crate should never be used as punishment.  The only time mine are shut now is at night at bed time.

As some of you know I picked up my puppy in MO to train as a cadaver dog.  Her name is Leslie and she is Australian Shepherd and Chow mix.  She was a Christmas gift from a wonderful lady who is my mentor and friend.  "Just the Facts" is the PI who came and searched for Caylee with her cadaver dog "Jordan". The black and White Australian Shepherd is Leslie's sister and also belongs to JTF, she named her Caylee.   We have another friend who is also training her dog "Murphy" as a cadaver dog.  We plan to get a male Australian Shepherd to breed with Leslie and we will train the puppies too.  We will also cross train a few of the dogs for live scent and tracking.  I created a photo bucket just for these
 HRD K-9's (Human Remains Detection) if anybody is interested in watching us grow together.
Here's the link:  http://s913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/HRDK-9/

I had back surgery about 2 months ago and surgery to move the ulnar nerve in my elbow about a week ago.  I am very sore but doing well.  I have not needed any medication in three days now. No, I am not whining, just letting you know I had things "fixed' so I could follow my dream and work with the HRD K-9's.  I am pursuing a PI license and plan to work missing persons pro-bono.  We have big plans and a lot of work to do but we are all obsessed with it now.  What an amazing group we have put together and how lucky we all are to have met.

More later and have a great night all.
Peace and Prayers
Dsntslp

That's great!  I hope to hear much more from you!

I had my radial nerve moved.  I need the ulnar done and then they want to take out a rib and work on the brachial plexus.  Is that why you had yours done?

Welcome to Musings!

I believe in miracles!
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #653 on: July 21, 2009, 11:29:54 PM »

Oh, and I need to put all the pic's in chronological order yet.  We also have more to add yet, we just started.  I still need to remove some crappy ones too, ahaha.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: July 21, 2009, 11:32:05 PM »

Mytime

No steeling Monkeys from the cage!!!   Bring them back now please.  Sex & City coming on soon.   

Is that the new name for Musings?

I believe in miracles!
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #655 on: July 21, 2009, 11:35:32 PM »

Bearlyhere,  My left hand has been numb at the 3rd, 4th and 5th fingers now for over a yr and a half.  They had scheduled surgery for last Feb.  but I got sick.  Then I went on a search and blew out my L-5 to S-1 spinal fusion and had to have my back done first instead. I knew I needed back surgery again ten years ago but kept putting it off as long as possible.  Now I am fused from L-3 down and have hardware in there, lol.   The Dr says he does not know if I will regain feeling in those fingers.  He says it may take up to a year or never.  He said if I did not have the surgery my whole left hand might become lame, ugh.  No choice on that one.  So now I am all patched up and just healing and looking forward...

marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: July 21, 2009, 11:36:51 PM »

You're welcome MaryMary.  I know it's late and quiet here.  It seems to be the only time I will have now that I am all patched up, lol.  Days are getting super busy now that I am up and around again.  I thrive on it, ha!

Glad you are recuperating.  Never pleasant to be held back by our bodies.  Your aspirations are very honorable and meaningful, definitely motivating.  Best of luck to you. 
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #657 on: July 21, 2009, 11:40:48 PM »

BTW Bearlyhere, the elbow surgery hurt worse than the back surgery.  That was a shock!  I guess because they move that nerve so far from where it was.  The inside of my arm was black and blue from my elbow to nearly my armpit along with the expected huge elbow itself where they go in after that nerve to release it.  I had the back surgery and thought "awww the elbow will be a breeze then."  Wrong!  lmao! 

marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #658 on: July 21, 2009, 11:41:17 PM »

Mytime

Is that the new name for Musings?

Sex and the City sadly has become one of my favorite T.V. shows now.  I am always behind the times.   
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #659 on: July 21, 2009, 11:42:07 PM »

Thank you,
I'll check in tomorrow night if I can.
Good night Monkeys.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.