April 25, 2024, 06:21:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #47 7/21/09 - 7/29/09  (Read 399776 times)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #920 on: July 22, 2009, 02:18:07 PM »

This is how MT gets her nails done 

http://gadgets.elliottback.com/monkey-nail-dryer/

Now I know what I want for Christmas!!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #921 on: July 22, 2009, 02:22:05 PM »

Klaas - there was a lot of petty jealousy last night about mine and Jackie's new look. 

Wait until they see my new hair!   

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #922 on: July 22, 2009, 02:23:06 PM »

Ok, gotta go!!  I hate this part!!   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: July 22, 2009, 02:35:01 PM »

Amber Alert Issued For Stillwater Girl, 12
Stay Tuned To KOCO.com For Further Details
POSTED: 12:25 pm CDT July 22, 2009

STILLWATER, Okla. -- A 12-year-old girl was taken from her front yard in Stillwater on Wednesday in what police are calling a stranger abduction.

Stillwater officers issued an Amber Alert at about noon.

Police said a sibling of the girl told officers that a man put the girl into a rusted red two-door car.

The girl is 4 feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds. She has short, curly reddish-brown hair with brown eyes. She was wearing blue and white shorts and a black and white "Nightmare Before Christmas" T-shirt.

Police said the girl was taken from the front yard of a house at 1700 W. 22nd Street.

http://www.koco.com/news/20143763/detail.html
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: July 22, 2009, 03:08:31 PM »

Amber Alert Issued For Stillwater Girl, 12
Stay Tuned To KOCO.com For Further Details
POSTED: 12:25 pm CDT July 22, 2009

STILLWATER, Okla. -- A 12-year-old girl was taken from her front yard in Stillwater on Wednesday in what police are calling a stranger abduction.

Stillwater officers issued an Amber Alert at about noon.

Police said a sibling of the girl told officers that a man put the girl into a rusted red two-door car.

The girl is 4 feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds. She has short, curly reddish-brown hair with brown eyes. She was wearing blue and white shorts and a black and white "Nightmare Before Christmas" T-shirt.

Police said the girl was taken from the front yard of a house at 1700 W. 22nd Street.

http://www.koco.com/news/20143763/detail.html

STILLWATER, Okla. -- Stillwater police canceled an Amber Alert early Wednesday afternoon after it was determined a 12-year-old girl was a runaway, officers said.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #925 on: July 22, 2009, 04:02:34 PM »

Taco Bell Chihuahua dies 
posted by Daphne Sashin on Jul 22, 2009 1:14:32 PM

The wise-cracking, chalupa-loving Chihuahua from the "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" ad campaign in the late 1990s died from a stroke Tuesday night at age 15, People magazine reports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0oEw0IMLXI&feature=player_embedded

Gidget replaced the original Taco Bell Chihuahua, Dinky, shortly after the commercials began, and made "Drop the Chalupa" a popular catch phrase.

Though popular among viewers, the Chihuahua apparently didn't sell enough tacos and the Mexican fast-food chain dumped the dog in 2000.

"It was all about the Chihuahua and you can't have that. It's got to be all about the brand," Taco Bell president Emil Brolick told the Detroit Free Press in 2006.

Some Hispanic groups had called ads offensive to Mexicans.

According to People, the mostly retired actor lived out her days sunbathing and accompanying her trainer to photo shoots. "Gidget always knew where the camera was," her trainer, Sue Chipperton, told People.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_lifestyle_animal/2009/07/taco-bell-chihuahua-dies.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #926 on: July 22, 2009, 04:42:15 PM »

Just doing a drive-by ... up to my eyeballs in dead bodies 

Nutt, all those dead bodies discarded like that really sucks. 

(I am assuming you are not talking about a dispute with your neighbors).

Can you imagine putting this on your resume?

<snip>

While chimpanzees nested in trees at night, [I was] a field assistant who sat below them [and] caught urine in a plastic bag held between a forked twig.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/23/science/23chimp.html

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: July 22, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »

Update - Jakey (the baby) is not doing well after his shots from yesterday. 

He is a big of a drama king and vet said not to worry!  My daughter and I are basket cases because we are bringing them to the kennel today!   

I spoke to kennel and they said not to worry!

So why am I so nervous and worrying my new red hair grey? 

Awww, they all sound so cute and cuddly.  At least they will all be together and know each other is near.  They will be fine Mytime, don't you turn your brown eyes blue.   

Uhm... excuse me.........MM - my eyes are hazel!  *sigh* 

P.S.  How many smokes today??   

Afternoon MT.  0 smokes today.  Not that interested in them.  Maybe I'm cured.   

Great job, MM!!!

I wonder how many ole Hazel Eyes had today...just askin'?

I believe in miracles!
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: July 22, 2009, 04:44:48 PM »

MT - Make sure you set your recorder this Friday for the Dog Whisperer - This is the repeat episode my Cousin's dog (Titan) is on, and also a Yorkie (Candy) who is very spoiled.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/dog-whisperer/2839/Overview#tab-Overview

What do you think of this guy?

Bearly, what kind of dog is that?  He looks just like my Charlie that I got at a shelter.  I've always wondered if he has a lot of any particular breed.  I had a DNA test done on him and it said he was a Charpei, and a bunch of Spaniels.  I didn't believe any of it, but he does look like this dog. 

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #929 on: July 22, 2009, 04:50:25 PM »

Way back when (6 years ago ?) the Judge gave us the kids - we enrolled themin school, they made friends, etc.  They were here for about 3 weeks.  Biomom hired a lawyer (that we had to pay for) and judge returned the kids to her, gag ordered it, and made us go through a hearing which took a year!!  Great Family Court System 

Anyway, after the kids got returned, PT and I couldn't sleep and were very depressed.  The kids cried and did not want to leave.  At the very least, it t was very heartbreaking.  So at the last minute, we booked a trip to the Bahama's and left the next day.   

Now that is the way to do it!!   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

That must have been very upsetting Mytime.

When I am very upset about something I usually book a trip to Seven Eleven.  I leave the same night and pack light maybe a jacket depending on the weather.  When I get there I do some sight seeing in the magazine section.  a little gambling by the scratch offs, and souvenirs in the candy section.   By the time I return home I feel so much more relaxed like I can face the world again.   
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #930 on: July 22, 2009, 04:56:35 PM »

Klaas - there was a lot of petty jealousy last night about mine and Jackie's new look. 

Wait until they see my new hair!   

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Oh please I hear they want you on "What Not to Wear".  They are videotaping you right now.    
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #931 on: July 22, 2009, 04:58:53 PM »

Afternoon MT When do you take the pups to their sitters? Hows little Jakey doing?

The pups are fine, Mommytime is having a hard time.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #932 on: July 22, 2009, 05:04:54 PM »

Way back when (6 years ago ?) the Judge gave us the kids - we enrolled themin school, they made friends, etc.  They were here for about 3 weeks.  Biomom hired a lawyer (that we had to pay for) and judge returned the kids to her, gag ordered it, and made us go through a hearing which took a year!!  Great Family Court System 

Anyway, after the kids got returned, PT and I couldn't sleep and were very depressed.  The kids cried and did not want to leave.  At the very least, it t was very heartbreaking.  So at the last minute, we booked a trip to the Bahama's and left the next day.   

When I am very upset about something I usually book a trip to Seven Eleven.  I leave the same night and pack light maybe a jacket depending on the weather.  When I get there I do some sight seeing in the magazine section.  a little gambling by the scratch offs, and souvenirs in the candy section.   By the time I return home I feel so much more relaxed like I can face the world again.   

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 05:12:48 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #933 on: July 22, 2009, 05:05:25 PM »

She needs to be on her own show, lol
This is bad....IMO 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #934 on: July 22, 2009, 05:08:57 PM »

Morning Muffy Bee,
Thank you for the coffee, lol.

I am have a great day!

I found a lady's family for her last night. I feel so warm and fuzzy. What a great feeling!

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/mansfield-oh/TEGHT98S7443RPD6D/p2#lastPost

This is the seventh person I have found just by using the computer. I love this day and age of technology! At first I was just going to leave her some links and info on how to find her dad, then I became curious and started doing it myself. It didn't take long and it worked!

I feel sooo goooood!

I love computers!

Dsn

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: July 22, 2009, 05:10:26 PM »

MT - Make sure you set your recorder this Friday for the Dog Whisperer - This is the repeat episode my Cousin's dog (Titan) is on, and also a Yorkie (Candy) who is very spoiled.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/dog-whisperer/2839/Overview#tab-Overview

Bearly, what kind of dog is that?  He looks just like my Charlie that I got at a shelter.  I've always wondered if he has a lot of any particular breed.  I had a DNA test done on him and it said he was a Charpei, and a bunch of Spaniels.  I didn't believe any of it, but he does look like this dog. 

Hi BB!

This is for dsntslp, too!

http://network.bestfriends.org/campaigns/puppymills/adoptions.aspx?SR=True&N=4294967287+4294967273+4294966505&Ne=4+5&No=2

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: July 22, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »

OMg,how funny.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #937 on: July 22, 2009, 07:39:18 PM »

When I am very upset about something I usually book a trip to Seven Eleven.  I leave the same night and pack light maybe a jacket depending on the weather.  When I get there I do some sight seeing in the magazine section.  a little gambling by the scratch offs, and souvenirs in the candy section.   By the time I return home I feel so much more relaxed like I can face the world again.  

@MM

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: July 22, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »

Finally!     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: July 22, 2009, 09:05:15 PM »

Hi BB!

This is for dsntslp, too!

http://network.bestfriends.org/campaigns/puppymills/adoptions.aspx?SR=True&N=4294967287+4294967273+4294966505&Ne=4+5&No=2

Barney could be my Charlie's offspring, except Charlie's been neutered.  I will never again buy a full blooded breed.  I'm not knocking people who do, I had Yorkies for years. It's just that my Charlie is the best, smartest and sweetest dog I've ever had.  He's so grateful. And so many need homes.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.