March 28, 2024, 10:56:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 251464 times)
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2006, 12:38:19 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Oh Wow, I'm so enthralled with your pet pics.

Carnut, your shy Shadow is absolutely beautiful. How old is she/he? Looks like a young one because there are a lot of toys to play with.

Friole, I love your Schnauzers.

Shadow was 1 or 2 in that pic, that last good pic I've ever been able to get of her.

Shadow is about 12 1/2 now.

Awww Carnut, any man who has a 12 yo black lab named Shadow must be a good guy.  Very Happy

And why am I not surprised that her name is Shadow? It's such a good, solid name.  Very Happy
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2006, 12:50:37 PM »

Frijole, your schnauzer girls are adorable! I recently acquired two schnauzer friends. They are very smart dogs.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 12:51:44 PM »

Need more monkey pet pics!  Very Happy
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2006, 05:55:41 PM »

Quote from: "memphis"
Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Oh Wow, I'm so enthralled with your pet pics.

Carnut, your shy Shadow is absolutely beautiful. How old is she/he? Looks like a young one because there are a lot of toys to play with.

Friole, I love your Schnauzers.

Shadow was 1 or 2 in that pic, that last good pic I've ever been able to get of her.

Shadow is about 12 1/2 now.

Awww Carnut, any man who has a 12 yo black lab named Shadow must be a good guy.  Very Happy

And why am I not surprised that her name is Shadow? It's such a good, solid name.  Very Happy

Awwwww shucks, anywho, I think I got the name Shadow in thinking that a black dog following me around would kinda look like a shadow behind me.

Talk about ultra reasonings of a nerd.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2006, 08:25:19 PM »

None~ I want Big Red! He looks so happy!

Memphis~ I'm sorry that your babies are gone.  Crying or Very sad Emily was the "pet love of my life". I had her for 15 wonderful years. I don't have a scanner, so I can't post a pic of her, but I'll look around on the net for one that looks as she did. I do have a pic of Milo, the fat little rascal. When I first got him, I expected him to be just like Emily, and he was not. It took awhile, but he managed to worm his way into my heart, and now I love him for himself.

Milo:

Louise~ I've loved black and white cats for ages! Guinnie sure has grown!

Car~ Shadow is beautiful! Such glossy fur! Is it still that sleek?

Bean~ Those schnauzies are so cute! Give 'em a kiss from Auntie Justins!

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2006, 08:29:57 PM »

Here's a pic of a cat that lookes a lot like Emily did:

She was truly my little baby girl. I called her frog face sometimes. She was a prissy little thing! Had her for ten years before Justin was born, and I honed my maternal instincts with her. I'll miss her terribly until we are reunited on the other side.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2006, 08:33:49 PM »

This cat looks like Puddy, who I had from the time I was 15 years old. We got her as a kitten, and had her for 11 years, until FIP took her. She was very spoiled. The only humans she loved were my mother and me. She barely tolerated the rest of the family. LOL!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2006, 09:31:31 PM »

Quote from: "memphis"
Frijole, your schnauzer girls are adorable! I recently acquired two schnauzer friends. They are very smart dogs.

ah thanks.... they are too smart sometimes... they totally run my household I can assure you!   Laughing
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2006, 10:32:16 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"

Well, Shadow is still black and glossy from the ears on back.

Her eyes and mouth have grey rings around them and her chin is really grey now. Has some speckles of grey on the top of her head.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2006, 11:26:34 PM »

Well, Shadow is still black and glossy from the ears on back.

Her eyes and mouth have grey rings around them and her chin is really grey now. Has some speckles of grey on the top of her head.

The grey is expected. The sheen is a sign of health. You must have taken good care of her all these years. When Emily had the stroke, I took her to an emergency clinic. The vet was surprised that she as old as she was. She said that Em did not look as though she were a geriatic cat. She was the best cat there ever was.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 12:41:35 AM »

the pet photos are just wonderful !

Memphis - I hope you find just the right puppy this spring, I'll wish for that. I don't think it's morbid at all to miss and honor wonderful pets that added greatly to our lives. We have Sassy, Coco, and Pokey that we still remember and keep photo albums for too.

Carnut- Shadow looks pretty regal in that phone, few labs are that slim which is also good for their health.

Bean- Your babies are so cute  Laughing I just love the bed photo !!!!

Justins- mr none had a calico cat named Phoebe he adored like you do your Emily, I've thought so often it's a comfort to know she's with him again, she passed away a year before we met. Red is a very happy dog, he's a rescue mutt but he's ours and we do love him!

I continue to stand with the girl.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 08:12:46 AM »

none~ Does this mean that I can't have Big Red?

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 12:12:56 PM »

This is my 13 1/2 yr old dog Liza.  She is a springer spaniel, who is the most loving"high needs" gal, I've had the pleasure of being "owned" by....She was diagnosed with cancerin February, so has had it a bit rough, but she's still hanging in there Wink

Maine, born and raised!
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 06:59:01 PM »

This is Teddi, my 8 month old Havanese pup.  First dog I've ever had, and boy do I have a lot to learn about dog care and training!  I could sure use advice from all the doggy experts here.  
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2006, 10:42:39 PM »

none~ Does this mean that I can't have Big Red?

Laughing I'd be happy to share him? Daughter would never forgive me if I did more than that, she and mr none pulled a tag team on me when they found him at the rescue adoption center, so Red is pretty close to our hearts.

Msdarthvada - I LOVE springer spaniels, I so hope Liza continues to battle off that cancer for I know you want her healthy and happy.

Bobo2 - my brother and SIL just got a havanese also, but between you and me, your Teddi looks cuter  Wink

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 06:40:51 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"

Bobo2 - my brother and SIL just got a havanese also, but between you and me, your Teddi looks cuter  Wink

Thanks nonesuche.  Warn your brother and SIL they can get matts in their fur really quickly.  My dog likes to rub her face on the carpet and I just had to have her partially shaved. Crying or Very sad
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 10:18:36 AM »

None

Thank you,  we sure do love her.

Your dog is beautiful too. I just love those ears!  what breed?

I most definately love your white persian/ragdoll?
 I have a flamepoint himalayan with big blue eyes Wink  Bailey  is so sweet.

and then.....I have this big fat orange tiger cat, who has claimed me as his own.  He weighs 23 pounds!  I'll see if I can find a pic of him.

Maine, born and raised!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 12:27:15 PM »

bobo2-
I will tell them, thanks for that tip. Our persians tend to get matts too, but on their little chests? FYI, go to a dog show near you, the breeders have booths with "grooming combs"...those work so well and we found one for $12 which is far less than you can find them online? We have far fewer matts now.

MsDarth-

Red is part chow and part Carolina Walking Dog? His ears make him look like a dingo but we also think he looks a lot like Scooby Doo  Laughing He's got his personality too.

A 23 pound cat ???  Shocked I guess he goes wherever he wants?  Laughing I do want to see photos !

My first non-shelter cat was himalayan, named Coco, sweetest cat ever. We lost her however to a genetic heart defect, our first experience with breeders who aren't so reputable  Sad

I think our family might just like pets too much  Confused

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »

This is my big baby
He is stretched out from my lap to my ankle!  Isn't his head huge compared to my hands (and I am not a petite person)

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 03:41:31 PM »

My Hubby always had this saying

One wife,  One kid,  One Dog and One Cat, is all a Man needs!

HAHA,  Guess I showed him, when I got the second cat Wink

Maine, born and raised!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.