March 28, 2024, 10:22:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 251462 times)
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2008, 02:48:50 AM »

Kitten and Harry....My babies!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikkib, Kitten and Harry are adorable.

So many Yorkies....
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2008, 10:03:54 AM »

Hi Memphis...my boys are Havana Browns..the breed is 1/2 Siamese and 1/2 Black Domestic Shorthair.  I can't wait to see a picture of you new little one.  I posted photos on this thread too.  I'll check back.

Numbersgirl, they're beautiful! An Havana Brown would look good with the bug. 

Thanks for your help on ID. I love to figure out dog breeds, so now I get to try my hand at cat breeds.
I had a hard time getting a good picture, and I'm not sure I've captured the 'exotic' features. She's b/t 6 & 7 months of age, and is very small (barely 5lbs) with a longgggggg body, a small, wedge-shaped head and big ears. She is very affectionate, loves to be picked up and held, is very talkative, and very sweet natured. All of which I believe are Siamese characteristics. She looks similar to Snowshoe Siamese and has the inverted "V" on her face, but she doesn't have blue eyes, and she has too much white on her legs, so I doubt that she's 50%.

Oh Memphis...the bug is gorgeous (btw..bug is my youngest brother's nickname!) and your Audrey is just precious.  She seems to have most definite Siamese characteristics.  My boys are quite small too...but with very long legs.  Felix is about 8 lbs and Oscar is about 6.5 lbs...I don't wish to frighten you, but please watch Audrey's teeth and gum health.  Many Siamese develop problems, but with proper care, they are fine.  My vet told me it seems to be genetic and Oscar has had quite a bit of trouble. This past summer I took him to a veterinary dentist who recommended extracting all his teeth.
I know this sounds awful...but we were able to save the canine teeth, and he is doing great!  Please keep us updated with photos of your babies.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2008, 04:31:48 PM »

You guys have got to see this one, it's so beautiful it had me crying by the end. Such love and dedication, please take the time to watch it!! It will be worth every minute!

Skidboot the Amazing Dog! 

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=4732e88fa6&view=att&th=11d3e4aaf43bd6e5&attid=0.1&disp=attd&zw

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2008, 04:41:47 PM »

You guys have got to see this one, it's so beautiful it had me crying by the end. Such love and dedication, please take the time to watch it!! It will be worth every minute!

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=4732e88fa6&view=att&th=11d3e4aaf43bd6e5&attid=0.1&disp=attd&zw

Your link is bringing me to a google log in screen?
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2008, 05:17:14 PM »

Dog gone it!! Try this one!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5249518974978628334

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2008, 07:51:42 PM »

I love that video.I had two dogs like Skidboot for several years.One Died and then the other one literally grieved herself to death.These dogs were quite brite,but not like Skidboot.Made me cry. ::MonkeyWaa::I love dogs.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2008, 04:14:26 PM »

How can anyone doubt that animals like Skidboot are truly gifts from God or that we will see these little angels again when it's our time to go  home.  Thanks for sharing that BooMonkey. 

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2008, 11:49:55 PM »

Oh Memphis...the bug is gorgeous (btw..bug is my youngest brother's nickname!) and your Audrey is just precious.  She seems to have most definite Siamese characteristics.  My boys are quite small too...but with very long legs.  Felix is about 8 lbs and Oscar is about 6.5 lbs...I don't wish to frighten you, but please watch Audrey's teeth and gum health.  Many Siamese develop problems, but with proper care, they are fine.  My vet told me it seems to be genetic and Oscar has had quite a bit of trouble. This past summer I took him to a veterinary dentist who recommended extracting all his teeth.
I know this sounds awful...but we were able to save the canine teeth, and he is doing great!  Please keep us updated with photos of your babies.

I swear I typed a reply a few days ago and posted it.   
I'm going to have to pay closer attention.

numbersgirl ~ you are very sweet, and thanks for taking a look. Audrey has a long body but short legs. Ummm...it's not her best feature.    Must be the mutt kittie in her.

Your boys are gorgeous. I found this website that has some interesting pictures of cats in Thailand. The pics are from a Siamese breeder's visit. http://home.earthlink.net/~sarsenstone/thailand.html
I'm developing an interest in Siamese now. I even like the "extreme" show types.

So sorry to hear about Oscar's teeth. Didn't you say he was only two? At the risk of sounding like a lunatic, I'll confess that I feed a raw diet. I'm not a diehard, and don't believe that it's a cure all, but it is supposed to keep the teeth clean, and it's so nice not to have any smells coming from the litter box. Just that tells me that it agrees with her.

The bugs nickname evolved from ladybug.  Did I say she was a mess?

Thanks for taking a peek. Why don't you post more pictures of the HBs?
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2008, 09:26:37 AM »

Hi Memphis....what is a raw diet?  I'm intrigued.  I'll post some more pics soon.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »

This is my 13 1/2 yr old dog Liza.  She is a springer spaniel, who is the most loving"high needs" gal, I've had the pleasure of being "owned" by....She was diagnosed with cancerin February, so has had it a bit rough, but she's still hanging in there Wink

I never realized how long ago this thread was started.  2 years later and we just had to put Liza down.  Her tumors were coming back and causing problems.  15 years old and a wonderful life.  RIP Liza, we'll miss you forever.

Maine, born and raised!
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »

Oh Nikki, they are sooooo cute.  I have a picture of all 5 of mine together.  I have to get my digital camera back so I can post them.

How much do they weigh?
Hey MYTIME..I just now saw this!!

Kitten is 7 pounds, Harry is 9...LOL......

"God dont like ugly"
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2009, 07:04:50 PM »

Ok, here's the scoop! I have a great friend that is a wonderful dog behaviorist. She has a special place in her heart for those dog's who have "issues". I told her about the Scared Monkeys and I KNEW JSM would have some questions for Josef!! She said no problem. Her email is down right now, but you can email me at deadnotsleeping@ymail.com and I will pass any questions or concerns on to her until she can answer you directly!

wendiw8780
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »

nikkib, Kitten and Harry are adorable.

So many Yorkies....

Memphis, are you really in memphis? i am really close.

wendi
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2009, 07:08:53 PM »

Here's my boy doing water therapy.  He has bad hips.

wendiw8780
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »

Boo, besides the biting me on the butt, he is a great dog. i am pretty sure he was abused because anytime my husband or raise our voices or there is a loud noise, he runs & hides. the vet thinks he is part beagle/part german shepard. not sure, after we move, i am going to order a DNA kit. it doesn't matter, but think it would be interesting to know.

wendi
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2009, 07:10:19 PM »

Here's my boy doing water therapy.  He has bad hips.

Aww Today, he is so lucky to have you for a mom!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2009, 07:11:38 PM »

Boo, besides the biting me on the butt, he is a great dog. i am pretty sure he was abused because anytime my husband or raise our voices or there is a loud noise, he runs & hides. the vet thinks he is part beagle/part german shepard. not sure, after we move, i am going to order a DNA kit. it doesn't matter, but think it would be interesting to know.

wendi

Wendi - he is sooo adorable!  I have a german shepherd and he does resemble one.  Yes, it is always nice to know.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
wendiw8780
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2009, 07:12:47 PM »

everyone, your babies are precious!!!!! i would have lots more if i could. 4 dogs, 5 cats, & about 20 fish! how do you post pics? mine are on the computer under the kodak icon. tia.

wendi
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2009, 07:13:57 PM »

Ok, here's the scoop! I have a great friend that is a wonderful dog behaviorist. She has a special place in her heart for those dog's who have "issues". I told her about the Scared Monkeys and I KNEW JSM would have some questions for Josef!! She said no problem. Her email is down right now, but you can email me at deadnotsleeping@ymail.com and I will pass any questions or concerns on to her until she can answer you directly!

Thanks Boo. He is looking at me right now like he wants to bite me! I will email you in a bit, he needs to go outside.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
crazybabyborg
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2009, 07:19:08 PM »

Hey Boo!!!!   

I hear you've gone to the dogs!

Congrats on your new job!!!   

Don't let it interfere too much with Monkey time; we don't have enough good and sharp smartazzes, and you're still the queen!!

Seriously, I hope it works out just great for you!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.