March 28, 2024, 04:59:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 251505 times)
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2009, 05:09:55 AM »

aww I just found this thread.  I will post some pics of my babies, sadly my best friend (we were truly soul mates passed away on valentines day 2 years ago)  Jessie, god it broke my heart, she died suddenly from heart failure.  I have her daughter jade.  Jade is my protecter, she would die to protect me, she is so funny   
Anyway, here is a great tip that works.  I bath Jade once a week, cos she sleeps with us,    I hated using flea drops on her, and my vet told me this remedy.  In a half a bucket (about 4.5 litres) add a cup of bleach.  After bathing your dog, rinse them with this, but be careful not to get it near their eyes.  Now, I didnt like to do this, but I tried it, and it works.  Fleas gone, so was a skin rash she had.  And it didnt bother her a bit.  My vet told me this was safer than any flea product on the market.  It is also good for dogs who have skin problems due to allergies. 

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: February 04, 2009, 05:17:57 AM »

This is my angel Jessie  (I miss her so badly)

This is Jade my protecter

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2009, 11:52:48 PM »

Lucinda - your fur babies are very cute! 

I would have never thought of using bleach water....but I guess since Leroy is white it would serve two purposes!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #243 on: February 05, 2009, 12:02:21 AM »

I have cats.

This is Gladys

janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #244 on: February 05, 2009, 12:06:08 AM »

This is Tripper, enjoying some packing peanuts.

janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #245 on: February 05, 2009, 12:07:13 AM »

This is Tripper, enjoying some packing peanuts.

quoted to get the right picture!
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #246 on: February 05, 2009, 12:14:17 AM »

This is Banshee

janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2009, 12:16:17 AM »

This is Red.  I inherited him from my MIL, who had him for years.

He is ten years older than dirt.
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #248 on: February 05, 2009, 12:17:08 AM »

This is Red.  I inherited him from my MIL, who had him for years.

He is ten years older than dirt.

Quoted to actually add the picture
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: February 05, 2009, 12:24:34 AM »

Jane ~  thank you for sharing.  They are all just lovely!  You are owned by quite a cast of characters 

Lucinda ~  Your Jessie had such soulful eyes and wonderful ear flaps.  You must miss her terribly.  Jade doesn't miss much, eh?  Protectors are l like that.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: February 05, 2009, 12:43:05 AM »

Saw the link to this thread and wanted to post my babies here too.  You can see my big baby as my avatar, but I have others too.

This is Boots who just passed in January. He was 15 years old

This is Casper

This is Smokey - She is a full blooded wolf

This is Kyria - A Basenji  (barkless dog - and very strange one too)

This is the baby - Skip - Chihuahua

And a cute one with Kyria's head in Casper's mouth

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2009, 12:50:32 AM »

Great pics, turbo!
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: February 05, 2009, 12:52:28 AM »

Great pics, turbo!

Thanks...........I love the one where Kyria has his chain choke collar in her mouth and Casper has her entire head. LOL

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2009, 12:53:48 AM »

Quinn (my avatar) when he was a tiny kitten.

janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2009, 12:57:10 AM »

This is an old picture.  I can't remember the tortoiseshell's name, but the grey one is Bear.  If you look closely, inside the blue shell is their pet rat, Chomper.  These belonged to my husband before we got married.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2009, 01:03:09 AM »

What an assortment of dogs you have Turbo.  They make for an interesting pack.  I fostered a Basenji for a time, but he was brown and white.  Very unusual dog.  Your little Boots looks a lot like my mother's chi "Mabel", who is 17.  I'm sorry your Boots has passed, but honored him with showing us his pic.  Your wolf looks like...like a WOLF!  Quite handsome, with a wild, ruggedness.  Casper is gorgeous!  Little skippy-cute!  Thank you for sharing, Turbo.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2009, 01:11:26 AM »

What an assortment of dogs you have Turbo.  They make for an interesting pack.  I fostered a Basenji for a time, but he was brown and white.  Very unusual dog.  Your little Boots looks a lot like my mother's chi "Mabel", who is 17.  I'm sorry your Boots has passed, but honored him with showing us his pic.  Your wolf looks like...like a WOLF!  Quite handsome, with a wild, ruggedness.  Casper is gorgeous!  Little skippy-cute!  Thank you for sharing, Turbo.

Thanks, we even have one more, but she seems to turn around every time I try to get a picture. She is a 17 year old Pit Bull. We also have rabbits, and birds. The frog finally bit the dust, and the turtle ran away. LOL

My previous Chihuahua "Baby" lived to be 21 years old and like Boots just laid down and passed in her sleep when their earth time was up.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2009, 01:18:57 AM »

Thanks, we even have one more, but she seems to turn around every time I try to get a picture. She is a 17 year old Pit Bull. We also have rabbits, and birds. The frog finally bit the dust, and the turtle ran away. LOL

My previous Chihuahua "Baby" lived to be 21 years old and like Boots just laid down and passed in her sleep when their earth time was up.

Sounds like one big happy family    I currently have 3 salukis, 2 yorkies, 2 cockatiels and one parakeet.  We've had tortoises, red eared sliders, gerbils, white mice, an iguana, 100 gal. marine aquarium, and kept and helped find homes for a Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, a Chattering Lory, and such, and we've always had dogs, and for the first time in my life, we dont have any cats.  I love animals, birds and fish, and I can see you do too   

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2009, 04:26:05 PM »

Here's my Sassycat and her kittens.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2009, 04:28:02 PM »

Here is Baby Girl and a couple of kittens.  I think these kittens belong to Sassycat - even though Baby Girl had some, too.  They took care of each other's babies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.