March 28, 2024, 02:46:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 251403 times)
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: February 05, 2009, 08:01:42 PM »

Lovin, that cat is beautiful.

Thx Trimm but it is actually 3 different cats!  The middle one, Mercedes, she's fat & my son calls her "Big Pimpin'"!

Take care,
Lovin

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: February 05, 2009, 08:04:54 PM »

Honestly!! He's not as big as a house in real life!!! 

Boo!  LMAO!  that is one adorable pooch you've got there!  I'm glad your new job is going well even though we MISS YOU! 

Lovinlife

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: February 05, 2009, 08:12:07 PM »

Honestly!! He's not as big as a house in real life!!! 

What do you feed him?  j/k. He's a cutie

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: February 05, 2009, 08:13:18 PM »

Lovin, that cat is beautiful.

Thx Trimm but it is actually 3 different cats!  The middle one, Mercedes, she's fat & my son calls her "Big Pimpin'"!

Take care,
Lovin

Yes,I meant they were all pretty,but Pimpin is cool. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: February 05, 2009, 08:26:57 PM »

I came by to see some more doggies & kitties.  It warms the heart.  Thank you all for sharing.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2009, 09:30:42 PM »

EVERYBODY - i love seeing the pics of your fur babies....they are the best!!

I need to get more of Leroy but he just does not like to sit still!!!
Looking forward to seeing some, boy how he has changed since your first avi!  I can imagine getting him to sit still is difficult & those EARS!!!! too cute!

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2009, 09:41:07 PM »

Lucinda - your fur babies are very cute! 

I would have never thought of using bleach water....but I guess since Leroy is white it would serve two purposes!

Hey Leroy, try it and see how it works.  I forgot you need water in that bucket too    Leroy is beautiful.  I only have one fur baby now, jessie passed away 2 years ago, but some days I see Jade playing with "nothing" and I think its jessie comeing back for visits.

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »

aww everyones fur babies are so beautiful.  Turbo, sorry about Boots, he reminds me a bit of my Jessie.  And Im blown away by Smokey, I never knew wolves could be pets.  I collect wolf pictures, she is absolutely amazing.  How did you get her? 

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #288 on: February 05, 2009, 10:42:50 PM »

I have dog behavior handouts, if anyone is interested. Just email me at deadnotsleeping@ymail.com. I can send them all to you in a zip file.

The subjects are:

Adding to the family
Barking, whining and howling
Breeding your dog
Canine Teenager
Chewing
Discipline
Dominance
Ears and nails
Fleas and Ticks
Grooming
Guarding the Dish
House Training
Kids and dogs
Mouthiness and biting
Noise sensitivity
Running with your dog
Separation Anxiety
Spaying and Neutering
Submissive Peeing
The Older Dog

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: February 05, 2009, 11:19:12 PM »

aww everyones fur babies are so beautiful.  Turbo, sorry about Boots, he reminds me a bit of my Jessie.  And Im blown away by Smokey, I never knew wolves could be pets.  I collect wolf pictures, she is absolutely amazing.  How did you get her? 

I was traveling around  Tellico Mountains on horses, and an old man I had been talking to in a store asked me if I wanted a dog as it came running up to me. He said it was his litter and the last one.  It was the prettiest little gray fur ball you have ever seen. I should have known it was not a dog when my horse kept going nuts after I put him on the horse with me. 

I put him in the truck to go home and he threw up berries which should have been my second clue. LOL  Anyway, she was a strange animal, and living in the mountains one night I heard howling of a wolf on the hill behind the house. Went running up there to see it and it was my Smokey. Still I dismissed it, but when I took her to the vet to get her rabies shots he being a country vet, said " no need to give this one rabies shots as it is a wolf and they don't get rabies."  He gave her the shot at my insistance, but some to find out rabies vaccine is toxic to wolf kidneys and she has had kidney trouble ever since.

She and my Basenji have the same temperment. They are loving and wonderful animals but are never truly tamed. They have their own will and will do anything you ask as long as it does not interfere with their will.  She has had  3 litters and it is so interesting how they train their pups.

I went back to see the old man at the store a couple of years later, and he just laughed and laughed.  He said " I knew you had a wild streak and you and her would get along just fine, as it takes a certain type of person to raise a wolf and I had been praying for that person to come along."

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2009, 12:37:46 AM »

I have dog behavior handouts, if anyone is interested. Just email me at deadnotsleeping@ymail.com. I can send them all to you in a zip file.

The subjects are:

Adding to the family
Barking, whining and howling
Breeding your dog
Canine Teenager
Chewing
Discipline
Dominance
Ears and nails
Fleas and Ticks
Grooming
Guarding the Dish
House Training
Kids and dogs
Mouthiness and biting
Noise sensitivity
Running with your dog
Separation Anxiety
Spaying and Neutering
Submissive Peeing
The Older Dog

Thats nice of you Boo.  My girl Jade is pretty good, unless someone pushes me, or she smells a mouse, and she wont gie up till she finds it (all night even) cos she knows I scream when I see one    Have you heard of the bleach in water rinse that I posted about for fleas and skin probs?

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2009, 12:41:02 AM »

I was traveling around  Tellico Mountains on horses, and an old man I had been talking to in a store asked me if I wanted a dog as it came running up to me. He said it was his litter and the last one.  It was the prettiest little gray fur ball you have ever seen. I should have known it was not a dog when my horse kept going nuts after I put him on the horse with me. 

I put him in the truck to go home and he threw up berries which should have been my second clue. LOL  Anyway, she was a strange animal, and living in the mountains one night I heard howling of a wolf on the hill behind the house. Went running up there to see it and it was my Smokey. Still I dismissed it, but when I took her to the vet to get her rabies shots he being a country vet, said " no need to give this one rabies shots as it is a wolf and they don't get rabies."  He gave her the shot at my insistance, but some to find out rabies vaccine is toxic to wolf kidneys and she has had kidney trouble ever since.

She and my Basenji have the same temperment. They are loving and wonderful animals but are never truly tamed. They have their own will and will do anything you ask as long as it does not interfere with their will.  She has had  3 litters and it is so interesting how they train their pups.

I went back to see the old man at the store a couple of years later, and he just laughed and laughed.  He said " I knew you had a wild streak and you and her would get along just fine, as it takes a certain type of person to raise a wolf and I had been praying for that person to come along."

OMG Turbo, that is the most amazing story I have heard.  Thanks so much for posting it.  It was meant to be, you were meant to have Smokey, but the old man shoulda told you, maybe he thought you wouldnt take her if he did tell you tho.  I hope her kidneys will be alright.  I love wolves, they are the most awesome wild animal.  I loved the movie "Dances with Wolves" too. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: February 06, 2009, 07:51:47 AM »

Boo,I love Grissom. 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: February 06, 2009, 05:17:34 PM »

This is my angel baby "Bama".He lived to be 14 yrs old.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: February 06, 2009, 05:21:09 PM »

This is Digger.(20lbs of trouble)

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: February 06, 2009, 05:26:37 PM »

This is my angel baby "Bama".He lived to be 14 yrs old.

Awww.  What a great lookin' weinie dog Trimm.  Have you heard about the Buda Weiner dog races?  http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D90ci8lWZ82M 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: February 06, 2009, 09:12:35 PM »

Thanks for the link Muffy.I would have a house full of Doxies if I could. 

~ Peter Frampton
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2009, 09:44:09 PM »

I have not heard of bleach water, but I looked it up on the web and it seems a lot of people swear by it. But I'm a little leary of putting bleach on my dog, he has sensitive skin.

For fleas, I would recommend washing your dog with Dawn dish soap, it's made with animals in mind (they washed the animals from the Exxon oil spill in this) and it doesn't strip the oil out of their coats. Start by washing the head first, make a ring of soap around their necks and up behind their ears. The fleas, once they figure out a bath is coming will run to the head and the butt area to "hide", then come back later. Dawn will soften their shells and kill them. I also recommend doing a final rinse with a 1/3 water, 1/3 baby oil and 1/3 Listerine. Listerine kills fleas and is an antiseptic for any itchy skin. This mixture is awesome to use on Hot Spots too. Spray the mixture on his bedding too.

You can buy a very cheap flea collar, snap it to activate, cut it into pieces and put it in your vacuum bag. That way, when you vacuum the fleas up, they will die in the bag.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #298 on: February 08, 2009, 07:09:53 AM »

I've used this on Grissom with great results!! Much cheaper than the constant trips to the vet. Follow directions EXACTLY.

Dog Ear Cleaner Recipe

White vinegar
Powdered boric acid
Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
Betadine antiseptic (or the generic version, known as Povidone-Iodine Solution)

Please note:  do not use "Betadine Scrub", use "Betadine Solution"

Directions for mixing the solution together:

Pour 6 ounces of isopropyl alcohol in to a plastic applicator bottle.
Add 1/2 tablespoon of boric acid powder.  Be careful not to get any boric acid on your skin or clothes.  If you do, wash it off immediately.
Add 2 ounces of white vinegar.

Shake the solution extremely well, until the boric acid powder is fully dissolved.

Once the powder is dissolved, add one teaspoon of the Betadine antiseptic, and shake it up some more.  Be careful not to get any Betadine on your skin or clothes.  If you do, wash it off immediately.

Squirt the solution inside your dog's ear until the ear canal is completely full.

Massage the outside of the ear to help slosh the cleaning solution around inside.
Hold the dog still for about a minute. 

If you get any of the ear cleaning solution on your skin, wash it off as soon as possible.

Be sure to shake the solution up really well before each and every time you use it.
The boric acid has a tendency to settle at the bottom of the bottle.
Store at room temperature.

Use the cleaning solution daily until you start to see some improvement.

Gradually cut back to once per week when you are happy with the condition of the ear.
When the ear seems completely free of infection, you can go two weeks between treatments.

Warning:  Do not use this ear cleaning solution on dogs with ruptured ear drums, or on dogs with open sores or wounds in the ear area.
An ear exam by a veterinarian is recommended prior to beginning treatment with this ear cleaning solution.

This recipe came to you from Jim & Kellyn Zimmerlin

www.zimfamilycockers.com

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2009, 10:32:19 AM »

WOW had been away on vacation and I loved coming back and seeing all the fur babies. 

I think the bleach solution is probably safe.  Restaurants use a weak bleach solution of lettuce to keep it from turning brown and you eat that. 

My fur coat spent a week at what we told him was winter camp.  He got to spend the day in day care with the other dogs.  When we picked him up, he was glad to see us but not overly so.  He came home, sniffed everything out and then proceeded to go to his room away from us.  I was so glad that he was not upset by the experience. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.