March 28, 2024, 11:43:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 251469 times)
memphis
Monkey Junky

« on: November 20, 2006, 12:21:24 PM »

Just thought I would start a thread for all of the animal lovers here.
This is the first time I have ever started a thread, so I hope it works.  Wink

To start, I thought I would post a link to the new website for the Rabies Challenge Fund. This group is trying to establish scientific proof that the rabies vaccine is not needed every 3 years, and certainly not every year.

The rabies vaccine can have serious adverse reactions. I believe that my sweet little Hannah was such a case. She had severe muscle wasting and neurological problems in the year after her last rabies vac. She also developed a malignant tumor at the site of her vaccine.

Here is the link to the new website: http://www.rabieschallengefund.org/
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 12:29:04 PM »

Here is a very interesting website.

It lists the known genetic diseases associated with 148 purebred dog breeds.

http://www.dogbiz.com/dogbiz-genetic-disease-guide.html#86
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:34:13 PM »

Post your fur-kid pictures here.  Very Happy
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »

oh golly memphis, you and my daughter need to get together, and Anna has some great thoughts too regarding what's truly necessary as it relates to vaccinations.

These are the adults, please note there are two of Big Red the dog, NOT two dogs  Laughing

I need to get new photos of the kittens Sophie and Wiggles, but here's the last one I did for primetime  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 08:54:59 PM »

What cute kids!  Razz

Does that make seven?

Love that smiling face of Big Red's.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 08:57:50 PM »

Laughing

It's an old picture. Both of mine are in heaven now.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 09:08:03 PM »

more...

This is Holly and a baby Hannah....

and this is Hannah...

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 09:15:05 PM »

My vet told me since my "boys" are all indoors that they don't need the vaccines as frequently as other kids... I think they are at a 3 year interval...

unless it's Dobee, and he has to get shaved every year.... for whatever reason, he doesn't like having his long hair, he thinks he is a stud muffin when he gets his lion cut...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 10:07:52 PM »

Hi Memphis, Did you ever get the chicken soup for your cold? I love all the pics that have been posted, especially pics of your beautiful Hannah.

Mrs. Red, I've never had any of my cats vaccinated. They do not go outdoors. Of course, they are always spayed and neutered and tested for feline diseases.

Whew, Nonesuche, you have a lot of pets!  

Here are mine:

My Romeo, age 13 1/2 ... weighs 13 lbs.

My Guinevere, age 7 months ... weighs 10 lbs.
She is growing up. Compare pic at bottom.

My Guinevere, age 2 months ... weighed 2 lbs.

Klass pointed out that Guinevere looks like an Egyptian Mau. My Vet says she's a grey tabby. I looked up the characteristics of the Mau and Guinevere has the Mau voice, which is more of a murmur that sounds like "mau." Of course when I've taken her to the Vet, she says MEOWWWWWW!!!!!!

Thanks, Memphis, I'm enjoying this thread.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 10:19:46 PM »

Memphis- Hannah and Holly are or were so pretty, are they both gone now? Daughter's first puppy was a collie, we named him Lucky but he was dognapped from our backyard. I love collies so much !

Actually it's six, one dog and five cats - daughter and mr none are responsible for four of that six too! Two is about all I can handle ! Daughter graduates soon and I expect Red and several of the kitties will go with her  Sad

Louise - such pretty pretty kitties you have! Guinevere looks like a starlet !

I continue to stand with the girl.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 11:22:13 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
My vet told me since my "boys" are all indoors that they don't need the vaccines as frequently as other kids... I think they are at a 3 year interval...

unless it's Dobee, and he has to get shaved every year.... for whatever reason, he doesn't like having his long hair, he thinks he is a stud muffin when he gets his lion cut...

I'm glad to hear your vet doesn't insist on the yearly vacs.

Vaccines have saved lives, but there has been vaccine overkill (no pun intended). Experts believe there is prolly lifetime immunity after the first yearly vaccines. We don't get vaccinated every year for the rest of our lives, why should our pets?
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 11:27:02 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Hi Memphis, Did you ever get the chicken soup for your cold? I love all the pics that have been posted, especially pics of your beautiful Hannah.

Mrs. Red, I've never had any of my cats vaccinated. They do not go outdoors. Of course, they are always spayed and neutered and tested for feline diseases.

SNIP

Klass pointed out that Guinevere looks like an Egyptian Mau. My Vet says she's a grey tabby. I looked up the characteristics of the Mau and Guinevere has the Mau voice, which is more of a murmur that sounds like "mau." Of course when I've taken her to the Vet, she says MEOWWWWWW!!!!!!

Thanks, Memphis, I'm enjoying this thread.

The soup didn't make it.  Sad  I think someone intercepted it and ate it.  Wink  

Guinevere has grown! She definately has a beautiful exotic look. Thanks for posting and I bet yours are perfectly fine since they are indoors.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 11:32:59 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Memphis- Hannah and Holly are or were so pretty, are they both gone now? Daughter's first puppy was a collie, we named him Lucky but he was dognapped from our backyard. I love collies so much !

Actually it's six, one dog and five cats - daughter and mr none are responsible for four of that six too! Two is about all I can handle ! Daughter graduates soon and I expect Red and several of the kitties will go with her  Sad

Louise - such pretty pretty kitties you have! Guinevere looks like a starlet !

Thanks None. Yours are all beautiful and healthy looking. Yes, both of mine are gone. I hope it's not morose that I posted them.  Wink  I am starting to put out feelers for another. Maybe after winter. I don't relish the thought of trying to housebreak a puppy when it is really cold outside.  Laughing  I did that twice.

Holly was a little genious and my soul mate. I lost her at age 7 to the hideous c-monster. Hannah was just a sweet, gentle soul. I lost her this past June at age 15.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 11:34:32 AM »

Post your fur-kids pics here!

SunFreak? Anna?  Very Happy
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 02:22:30 PM »

Ok, here's my very camera shy Shadow:

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 03:40:37 PM »

Hopefully I can do this without blowing margins too bad!  It is so much fun to see everyone's lovely furry babies...

Here are mine... Haley will be 13 in a few weeks... Annie is 10.  They are schnauzers and they rule the roost!   Laughing

Annie is on guard at all times.  

Life is rough....

This is nice but I'd rather have some food (Haley's 12th birthday)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 10:01:06 PM »

Oh Wow, I'm so enthralled with your pet pics.

Carnut, your shy Shadow is absolutely beautiful. How old is she/he? Looks like a young one because there are a lot of toys to play with.

Friole, I love your Schnauzers.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 10:03:52 PM »

Memphis,

I'm sorry about the chicken soup not reaching you. If you could send your email address to Klaas and authorize her to forward it to me, I can send you chicken soup directly.

With love, Louise

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 11:25:37 PM »

Carnut, your shy Shadow is absolutely beautiful. How old is she/he? Looks like a young one because there are a lot of toys to play with.

Shadow was 1 or 2 in that pic, that last good pic I've ever been able to get of her.

Shadow is about 12 1/2 now.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 09:34:04 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Shadow was 1 or 2 in that pic, that last good pic I've ever been able to get of her.

Shadow is about 12 1/2 now.

Laughing  Laughing
Well she is very pretty I am sure.  Best wishes to you and Shadow for a great Thanksgiving Carnut.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.