March 28, 2024, 09:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 251457 times)
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« Reply #360 on: April 03, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »

I posted my guy in musings but I am so proud I had to drop by and post here too!

I just rescued a new cavalier king charles - his name is Caramel Macchiato or "Mac".  He is 11 weeks old and soooooo sweet!  Even our 9 year maltese Theo thinks he's pretty fun!  I am so happy we found him when we did!

IMG]http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq99/rlmawhite/210.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq99/rlmawhite/221.jpg[/IMG]

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #361 on: April 03, 2009, 02:42:16 PM »

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #362 on: April 03, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »

perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #363 on: April 03, 2009, 02:44:50 PM »

Sorry about the huge pictures.  In a way I was practicing here since it is not as busy as in the missing forums.  SOrry about all the "tries".  I just have begun using the photo bucket accounts so there you have it.  I am still learning.  Thanks for understanding!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #364 on: April 03, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »

Sorry about the huge pictures.  In a way I was practicing here since it is not as busy as in the missing forums.  SOrry about all the "tries".  I just have begun using the photo bucket accounts so there you have it.  I am still learning.  Thanks for understanding!
Sweet puppies.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #365 on: April 03, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »

Thanks JSM!

k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #366 on: April 09, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »

What a great thread, thanks muffy bee for posting the link!
We have 3 dogs and two rescue dogs currently. We run a rescue out in CA that specializes in Rat Terriers. Any who....here are our dogs:
This is Goose, our 2 yo Lab 

This is Charlie AKA Charlie the wondermutt who is a 15 year old mutt:

and Monty our 3 year old Boston Terrier / Rat Terrier mix:

Last but not least our two fosters and their back stories:
Jordie is a 4 year old sweet heart. She was rescue today 3/5/09 out of a breeding situation where she has been bred for the past 4 years.

Troop AKA Super Trooper On 4/5/09 we drove out to the middle of know where to meet with a "breeder" and I use the term loosely to pick up two dogs.
The first dog we brought home is Troop. He is a 7 year old Rat Terrier who has been used as a stud dog for the past 7 years. As a stud dog he was confined to a kennel for most of his life. He was not let in as part of the family he was a money maker. As Troop aged he was challenged from time to time on the rare occasion that he was out of the kennel and as a result he has many scars from battle past trying to maintain his stature in the "pack".
Recently when he was let out to roam the property he was housed on he was attacked by a much younger and more dominant dog who tore open his ear and wounded his leg leaving it swollen and useless to him.
Troops "owner" unwilling to take him to the vet decided to staple his ear up with an office stapler (generally used to staple paper together) causing even more pain and harm to an already ugly, infected wound.
The leg appears to have gone wholly untreated save a penicillin shot he was given just today. He is unable to bear weight on the leg and is no doubt in constant pain.
In his hay day Troop was a sight to behold, majestic and simply stunning. Today he looks like a broken old man with little fight left in him. We aim to change that for him.

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
So which is it, solution or problem?
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #367 on: April 09, 2009, 01:41:33 PM »

Aw what precious little babies!!!  I love fur babies!!

I am happy to report that our 3 dogs have not tramatized our fish to death.  My 5 y/o brother decided he wanted a fish so he took Rufus aka Willy Wonka home with him, leaving my husband fishless again.....so he went out and got himself a very cute bug eyed black and gold goldfish, which I named Hamlet.  He is a cute little guy and the dogs enjoy watching him swim around.  Now if I could just get my husband to stop calling him Sushi all will be alright!

Keep posting the pics of the fur babies!!

Boo I want to see doggie hotel updates!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: April 09, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »

k9ohana ~  Great pics and posts.  Thank you so much for coming on over here and showing us your dogs.  You do a great service rescuing, fostering  and homing dogs.  Thank you! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #369 on: April 09, 2009, 02:22:36 PM »

k9ohana ~  Great pics and posts.  Thank you so much for coming on over here and showing us your dogs.  You do a great service rescuing, fostering  and homing dogs.  Thank you! 

Thanks Muffy Bee. It can be very challenging at times dealing with fosters BUT it is so rewarding. Thankfully I have a husband who supports my dreams and rescues right along side me.

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #370 on: April 09, 2009, 10:03:40 PM »

k9ohana - Love your pics!  And what a sad story...i'll never understand how people can treat animals so bad.    

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2009, 05:10:58 PM »

k9ohana - Love your pics!  And what a sad story...i'll never understand how people can treat animals so bad.    
Neither will I Leroy, neither will I.
Troop is on the mend now and I suppose that is the most important thing. Though I would love to go put a staple or two in his previous owners ear just for good measure.

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #372 on: April 14, 2009, 10:20:34 PM »

Neither will I Leroy, neither will I.
Troop is on the mend now and I suppose that is the most important thing. Though I would love to go put a staple or two in his previous owners ear just for good measure.

Bless you K9ohana for the work you do!! I'm in the pet resort business and we are putting on events to raise money for all local rescues. You guys are all that and a bag of chips!!   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #373 on: April 14, 2009, 10:22:07 PM »

Dolce, updated resort photos will be coming soon. The finishing touches are being done within the next week or two. I would hate to show you pics of painters with ciggies hanging out of their mouths, empty taco bell cups and butt cracks of electricians!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #374 on: April 15, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #375 on: April 20, 2009, 08:08:42 AM »

aww perri and k9, what great pics.  Guess what I scored tonight?
From the pet store owner who is sweet on me a lil 
nah only cos he loves my son and he knows Im taken, just j/k wif yas    Anyway, he brought around 30 kilograms(which is equal to 66.14 pounds) of human grade turkey mince, and he had it flat frozen in 30 individual bags.  Im going to make loafs out of it and freeze for my fur baby Jade, and my mums dog Jack.  The poor guy ordered 100 kgs, and they sent him a tonne by mistake, so he had amples to spare.   

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #376 on: April 20, 2009, 08:22:06 AM »

Dolce, updated resort photos will be coming soon. The finishing touches are being done within the next week or two. I would hate to show you pics of painters with ciggies hanging out of their mouths, empty taco bell cups and butt cracks of electricians!! 

LMFAO  Boo, you crack me up 

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #377 on: April 20, 2009, 08:42:36 AM »

Hello to all my Monkey Friends,

This past weekend we lost our beloved German Shepherd Zee to a condition that has completely turned our lives upside down. I want to share with you some information about this deadly condition that afflicts larger dogs and seemingly German Shepherds are hit hard. This condition is has several names but in laymen's terms it is called Torsion or Bloat, Intestinal twist or stomach twist.  The symptoms of this condition are rather ambiguous as dogs will develop them and they aren't symptoms you would think require a visit to the vet but if this ever happens to your loved one act fast and without reservation....trust me every single minute is crucial and could save your pets life.

On Thursday evening we noticed our Zee was not himself - rather lethargic and quiet.  He was constipated (which has happened before but quickly passed) of course we watched over him and thought it would be ok. On Friday afternoon he was not better - still quiet but was drooling so we wisked him to the vet - they ran tests and xrays - he had a fever but blood work was negative for anything - they did notice his small intestine was enlarged and instructed us to get to the pet hospital 30 miles away that he would need surgery.  They called ahead and they were waiting for us unfortunately our boy died minutes from arriving at the hospital - needless to say we were and still are devastated. 

He was a happy healthy dog one day and the next he was dead, this condition is life threatening and takes your dog FAST.  We have shed tears for days now and can't seem to wrap our arms around this loss - we are in terrible pain and our hearts are broke.  I encourage you to read up on this and be aware as knowledge is power.  I have listed a few links for you and pray this will never happen to anyone.

http://leerburg.com/bloat.htm
http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/bloat.htm

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #378 on: April 20, 2009, 09:26:22 AM »

This past weekend we lost our beloved German Shepherd Zee to a condition that has completely turned our lives upside down. I want to share with you some information about this deadly condition that afflicts larger dogs and seemingly German Shepherds are hit hard. This condition is has several names but in laymen's terms it is called Torsion or Bloat, Intestinal twist or stomach twist.  The symptoms of this condition are rather ambiguous as dogs will develop them and they aren't symptoms you would think require a visit to the vet but if this ever happens to your loved one act fast and without reservation....trust me every single minute is crucial and could save your pets life.

On Thursday evening we noticed our Zee was not himself - rather lethargic and quiet.  He was constipated (which has happened before but quickly passed) of course we watched over him and thought it would be ok. On Friday afternoon he was not better - still quiet but was drooling so we wisked him to the vet - they ran tests and xrays - he had a fever but blood work was negative for anything - they did notice his small intestine was enlarged and instructed us to get to the pet hospital 30 miles away that he would need surgery.  They called ahead and they were waiting for us unfortunately our boy died minutes from arriving at the hospital - needless to say we were and still are devastated. 

He was a happy healthy dog one day and the next he was dead, this condition is life threatening and takes your dog FAST.  We have shed tears for days now and can't seem to wrap our arms around this loss - we are in terrible pain and our hearts are broke.  I encourage you to read up on this and be aware as knowledge is power.  I have listed a few links for you and pray this will never happen to anyone.

Oh Missiontoconvict, I am so so very sorry for your loss.  I am crying here, what a tragic awful thing to happen to your precious and beautiful, and beloved Zee. 
You are very brave to post this info so soon after his death, god bless you, you just want to warn people, and I never heard of this before either.  Oh, you poor hurting monkey, that is such sad and tragic events you have been thru, no words can I say to make you feel better, but I will say a prayer for you, your family and also for your Zee.  That is so sad, and so very brave of you to be posting this warning, god less you sweety.  You will be with Zee again in heaven, as animals have souls, and they are waiting for us.  (((Hugs))))

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #379 on: April 20, 2009, 04:31:42 PM »

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I fear the day that my 4 legged babies will have to say goodbye.  I can not fathom what you are going through, but please know that I will keep you in my prayers.  I thank you for this information as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.