April 19, 2024, 10:44:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 253464 times)
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #440 on: May 04, 2009, 09:05:47 AM »

Boo monkey ... aww I'm tearing up. That was lovely. Thanks for posting it.

I remember you, Caylee.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: May 05, 2009, 03:52:10 AM »

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: May 05, 2009, 03:55:51 AM »

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: May 05, 2009, 09:24:38 AM »

How cute Shell!  One of our neighbors has 2 poms and they are so cute and smart!  I love both your puppies!
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #444 on: May 05, 2009, 10:24:58 AM »

Aww Shell -- both cutie pies 

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #445 on: May 05, 2009, 02:21:54 PM »

Reminding us of good days ... hope you have a good day today friends.

I remember you, Caylee.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: May 06, 2009, 08:26:09 PM »

I am here JSM. I about broke a fingernail getting here! Are you ok?? Is it Josef??

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #447 on: May 06, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »

My Josef had blood work done today. I don't know if I should be worried, the vet said one of the liver tests came back higher than it was before. He thinks it may be Cushing's disease, but wants to check his blood in 6 months. He said Joe has no other signs of the disease. Mom mom's scotty has atypical Cushings and now that I have heard my mom's dog's symptoms I am thinking Josef has it too. I know I am being a dog hypochondriac, but if you can, please keep my JoJo in your prayers. It is probably me just freaking out about things, but he is my life. TIA JSM 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #448 on: May 06, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »

My Josef had blood work done today. I don't know if I should be worried, the vet said one of the liver tests came back higher than it was before. He thinks it may be Cushing's disease, but wants to check his blood in 6 months. He said Joe has no other signs of the disease. Mom mom's scotty has atypical Cushings and now that I have heard my mom's dog's symptoms I am thinking Josef has it too. I know I am being a dog hypochondriac, but if you can, please keep my JoJo in your prayers. It is probably me just freaking out about things, but he is my life. TIA JSM 
I will say a prayer for Joe, I'm sure he will be fine, try to relax and have a good evening.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: May 06, 2009, 08:35:26 PM »

Oh, JSM. I know you love Josef so much and he is lucky to have you. Just keep on trying to be positive and give you worries to God. Josef is God's precious, precious creature. I know you take care of him better than you take care of yourself. We will all be here for you and I feel that if Josef isn't having any symtoms now, It may not be Cushings at all. I will pray for you both. Please don't be sad. I just knew there was something the matter with you. I don't like to see JSM sad.
Your friend,
Fanny Mae

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: May 06, 2009, 08:59:27 PM »

JSM,I am going say a prayer for Joseff right now.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: May 06, 2009, 09:03:20 PM »

I will say a prayer for Joe, I'm sure he will be fine, try to relax and have a good evening.
Thanks No Rose, is Zoe doing well. I don't think it is anything big with Joe, I just got worried. I emailed Boo, she is like the Dear Abby of Animals. I think Josef will be fine. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: May 06, 2009, 09:07:48 PM »

Oh, JSM. I know you love Josef so much and he is lucky to have you. Just keep on trying to be positive and give you worries to God. Josef is God's precious, precious creature. I know you take care of him better than you take care of yourself. We will all be here for you and I feel that if Josef isn't having any symtoms now, It may not be Cushings at all. I will pray for you both. Please don't be sad. I just knew there was something the matter with you. I don't like to see JSM sad.
Your friend,
Fanny Mae
Thank you Fanny, this dog has been through hell and back. I have probably spent over the years at least $10k on him(about $5k was with a discount) and I wouldn't ask for a dime back in return for the love he has given me. Thanks for your prayers. Funny story, I can't take him to the Blessing of the Animals on St Francis day at church, he tries to eat the ferrets and cats.  Monkey Devil! Thanks for your prayers Fanny.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: May 06, 2009, 09:09:30 PM »

JSM,I am going say a prayer for Joseff right now.
Thanks Trimm, tell Digger Josef says hey! Has he gotten any dove yet? I think there is a dove nest or opposums in my roof. Some kind of critter is crawling up in there. Bring the digger to my rescue! 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: May 06, 2009, 09:15:01 PM »

Your friend,
Fanny Mae
Thank you Fanny, this dog has been through hell and back. I have probably spent over the years at least $10k on him(about $5k was with a discount) and I wouldn't ask for a dime back in return for the love he has given me. Thanks for your prayers. Funny story, I can't take him to the Blessing of the Animals on St Francis day at church, he tries to eat the ferrets and cats.  Monkey Devil! Thanks for your prayers Fanny.

You snuggle up with Josef tonight and don't let those bad thought keep you from sleeping. I have told my cranky old cat about Josef and how lucky she is to be an indoor cat and not living in Texas. She is staring me down right now. She wants me to go to bed so she can snuggle up with me.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: May 06, 2009, 09:19:28 PM »

Your friend,
Fanny Mae

You snuggle up with Josef tonight and don't let those bad thought keep you from sleeping. I have told my cranky old cat about Josef and how lucky she is to be an indoor cat and not living in Texas. She is staring me down right now. She wants me to go to bed so she can snuggle up with me.

I will snuggle with him, except he doesn't snuggle anymore. He lays his fat arse at the end of the bed like he is the Polka King. I think his crown has gone to his head.  Your cat is lucky to have you and doesn't live in Texas. I swear if the wind blows cat smell his direction he will find it. Go to bed. Thanks for listening to me be a crazy dog lady!  And also thanks for being my Fanny Mae friend. Monkeys are WONDERFUL!!!

Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #456 on: May 07, 2009, 06:49:42 AM »

This sucks. I can't beleive this Vet would say such things like he THINKS? it may be Cushings!!  AND we will see him in 6 months??!!     So nice of him to allow you to worry for 6 months and I just KNOW you will worry to pieces.

Has Josef ever been on prednisone??  Does he drink water like a mad dog?? Does he NEED to urinate frequently??

Wait...This link is good and it tells you way more than I can.   And like people do; Josef can get a second opinion. I wouldn't fool with this and how old is Josef?

BTW..Never got your e-mail addy.  If Klaas is listening would you please give JSM my e-mail.   
Thank you.

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #457 on: May 07, 2009, 06:53:14 AM »

Might help to include the link...You think??

http://www.kateconnick.com/library/cushingsdisease.html

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: May 07, 2009, 09:02:39 AM »

This sucks. I can't beleive this Vet would say such things like he THINKS? it may be Cushings!!  AND we will see him in 6 months??!!     So nice of him to allow you to worry for 6 months and I just KNOW you will worry to pieces.

Has Josef ever been on prednisone??  Does he drink water like a mad dog?? Does he NEED to urinate frequently??

Wait...This link is good and it tells you way more than I can.   And like people do; Josef can get a second opinion. I wouldn't fool with this and how old is Josef?

BTW..Never got your e-mail addy.  If Klaas is listening would you please give JSM my e-mail.   
Thank you.
Scarlett, his test came back really high once before and he was on prednisone at that time. He hasn't been on any type of steriod since last summer I believe. He doesn't drink water like he did when he was on the steriods and he doesn't really urinate like he did when he was on the steriods. Back then we would be up four or five times a night.

Josef is either 10 or 11, no one really can remember. I was just shocked and I didn't know what questions to ask, but I trust this vet more than any other Josef has ever seen. He loves old Joe as much as I do. I will check out the link and talk to the vet again on Friday.

Oh and Scarlett I asked Klaas to give my email to you a while back, too.

Thanks again JSM

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: May 07, 2009, 09:08:53 AM »

Might help to include the link...You think??

http://www.kateconnick.com/library/cushingsdisease.html
  an angelic monkey Scarlett, thanks for the link. That helped me a lot! After reading the symptoms, Josef has none of them. Maybe that is why the vet is wanting to wait 6 months to check again.  an angelic monkey You are truly a blessing for this info.  an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.