March 28, 2024, 04:34:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 251500 times)
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »

None,
 I am so lucky my cats have never had mats.
 my himalayan loves to be brushed, which is a good thing.

except  outside,  My kitties are indoors because of the wild animals out in the woods up here.

Maine, born and raised!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2006, 07:38:36 PM »

Quote from: "Bobo2"
Quote from: "nonesuche"

Bobo2 - my brother and SIL just got a havanese also, but between you and me, your Teddi looks cuter  Wink

Thanks nonesuche.  Warn your brother and SIL they can get matts in their fur really quickly.  My dog likes to rub her face on the carpet and I just had to have her partially shaved. Crying or Very sad

Don't you just hate that?! Puddy (the loghair we had) hated to be brushed, and had matted fur at times that required buzzing off.  Mad She always looked so bizarre that way. One of my neices was even more askeered of her then.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2006, 08:37:04 PM »

MsDarthVada- I LOVE your big tabby, he's so handsome !  Very Happy

Justins - we had to take the clippers to Sophie tonight, she yowled too, her chest matts just won't go away  Confused

Bobo2 - My daughter wanted me to post a link for you, along with some advice. She says Havanese are very bright and particularly agile dogs, that they do well with agility training? She said to ask your vet for some referrals for trainers, that there are good quality programs that you can invest in for like $100 for 6 - 8 week training tracks? You go with your puppy one night a week, that you will learn a lot as will your puppy!

This link is for grooming supplies and she says it's the source for all at Pet Smart too, but that you can find the best you need here cheaper:
http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/default.asp?

I continue to stand with the girl.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2006, 08:48:53 PM »

Justins ~ I understand how you feel about Emily. Sad

They just don't live long enough - that's the hard part.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2006, 08:55:02 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
This is my 13 1/2 yr old dog Liza.  She is a springer spaniel, who is the most loving"high needs" gal, I've had the pleasure of being "owned" by....She was diagnosed with cancerin February, so has had it a bit rough, but she's still hanging in there Wink

MsVada, I'm so sorry. What a sweet face. Is she getting any treatment?
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2006, 11:24:55 PM »

Bobo2 - My daughter wanted me to post a link for you, along with some advice. She says Havanese are very bright and particularly agile dogs, that they do well with agility training? She said to ask your vet for some referrals for trainers, that there are good quality programs that you can invest in for like $100 for 6 - 8 week training tracks? You go with your puppy one night a week, that you will learn a lot as will your puppy!

This link is for grooming supplies and she says it's the source for all at Pet Smart too, but that you can find the best you need here cheaper:

None, thank you (and your daughter) so very much!   I'm sure that link will be very useful.  Our community is opening a dog park in the spring which will include an agility course.  I'm so happy to hear Havanese are good candidates for agility training.

Its off to the vet for us tomorrow.  Ever since getting her ears shaved Saturday, Teddi has been shaking her head and I could not get her to stop.  Now she has apparently broken blood vessels in her ears and is getting hematomas.  This whole ear matt problem started after wearing the e-collar when she was spayed.  I'm hoping this won't require more surgery - and another e-collar.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2006, 03:06:04 PM »

Memphis

Thank you,  This type of fibrosarcoma stays in the same area.  Meaning she has hers on her back leg.  They have removed about75% of the muscle but if the tumors keep coming back (and they will) they create spider legs that attach itself to more tissue,  they have to remove them and eventually will amputate her leg.  Sad Iknow.  There is no real treatment we can do.

She's too old and too much of a "high needs baby" to put her through the trauma of amputation  The loss of muscle on her hind end also makes it harder for her to hold in heat, and it gets cold up here in Maine.  It also makes it harder for her to come up the stairs outside and inside our home.  

We just try to make her comfy, as long as she's not in pain, she'll be here with us.

Maine, born and raised!
hubbylove
Scared Monkey

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2006, 04:44:36 PM »

Hi Monkeys
you can check out my puppies on the link in my sig line.  those pics are from 3 weeks ago and they are so much bigger now!  I'll try and post some new ones soon.  We are starting puppy preschool tonight with Ace and Jazmin will be going on Saturdays.  They are getting pretty close to conquering potty training and we are so proud!!  They are so much fun and we just love them to death!
It's great seeing all the other monkey's pets!
Take care all and I'll post more pics in this thread soon!

Check out my SUPER cute puppies!  Go here: http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?p=71518#71518

What kind of day is today going to be?  Today is going to be a wonderful day...   Thanks for that lesson Dad!
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2006, 10:23:37 PM »

I have been seeking another kitten to add to my family of Romeo (13) and Guinevere (7 1/2 months). I went to a shelter near my Vet and picked up an orange kitten who clawed my arm to death. I have been monitoring the kitten adoptions at the local pet store where I found Guinnie. Sunday I found a very cute teensy orange kitten named Harvey. I liked him but he didn't like me. So I'm continuing the search.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2006, 09:35:23 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Ok, here's my very camera shy Shadow:

Carnut, where's Shadow?  Shocked
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2006, 09:44:17 PM »

This is Teddi, my 8 month old Havanese pup.  First dog I've ever had, and boy do I have a lot to learn about dog care and training!  I could sure use advice from all the doggy experts here.  

Bobo, Teddi is so cute!  Very Happy  

What do you need help with? I think you can teach a dog just about anything. Someone was complaining to me that they hate that their dog licks them constantly. I told her that I taught mine "no lick" from puppyhood. Neither licked me. Of course, some people like to be licked. That's just an example. I also have a fail proof method for stopping jumping up. Then again, that is not usually a big concern if you have little doglets.

I'm rambling now, but if you need help with something, post it here
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2006, 09:45:12 PM »

Quote from: memphis
Quote from: "Carnut"
Ok, here's my very camera shy Shadow:

Carnut, where's Shadow?  Shocked

Never mind. Was getting a little red x and thought you removed her picture.  Embarassed
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2006, 10:06:58 PM »

None, thank you (and your daughter) so very much!   I'm sure that link will be very useful.  Our community is opening a dog park in the spring which will include an agility course.  I'm so happy to hear Havanese are good candidates for agility training.

Its off to the vet for us tomorrow.  Ever since getting her ears shaved Saturday, Teddi has been shaking her head and I could not get her to stop.  Now she has apparently broken blood vessels in her ears and is getting hematomas.  This whole ear matt problem started after wearing the e-collar when she was spayed.  I'm hoping this won't require more surgery - and another e-collar.

Here are a few links for e-collar alternatives:

Soft-e-collar

Bite Not

Inflatible collar
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2006, 10:12:30 PM »

Yup, memphis, they do do not live long enough to suit us. I was so heartbroken after she died that I swore I would never have another pet again. Because, after all, they just die and break your heart down the road. It hurt so badly and for so long that I did not want to experience that depth of pain again. Well, got Milo now. And I did have 15 wonderful years of love and companionship with Emmers. That snot nosed brat Milo chewed on me this weekend, and I now have abrasions on both lower legs and one arm. Grrrr.

Memphis~ You are so cute, how about if you be our next pet?! Wink

memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2006, 10:17:43 PM »

Hi Justins!  Very Happy

It's worth the pain.  

More monkey's pets needed....
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2006, 01:01:28 PM »

katy-did-it (a.k.a. Katy)

Way-to-go-Sherlock (a.k.a. Sherklock, Sherk, Bubba)

Straight-Shooter (a.k.a. Shooter)

Little Bit (a.k.a Bit, Bitster)

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2006, 12:54:18 AM »

katysmom-

they are so cute !!!!! So is Katy ! what a precious family you have !!

Daughter took this photo of Sophie this week, this one could be avatar material  Laughing  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2006, 07:33:11 AM »

Katydidit looks just like an Ewok!

LOL @ nonesy kitty!

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2006, 09:17:20 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
I have been seeking another kitten to add to my family of Romeo (13) and Guinevere (7 1/2 months). I went to a shelter near my Vet and picked up an orange kitten who clawed my arm to death. I have been monitoring the kitten adoptions at the local pet store where I found Guinnie. Sunday I found a very cute teensy orange kitten named Harvey. I liked him but he didn't like me. So I'm continuing the search.

Hi Louise

Kitten hunting huh?  I don't know if you knew this or not, but Orange Tiger kitty's tend to have "attitudes" they can be very loving, but on their terms only, and a bit fiesty.  I love my orange cat but the rest of my family, well thats another story.  He has claimed me, and is only affectionate towards me, not my husband.  My Mom comes by for visits, and "Makai" will hiss and spit at her and swat at her if my Mother goes anywhere near him.  Its the weirdest thing.

Best of luck on your kitten hunt.

MsDV

Maine, born and raised!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2006, 04:49:27 PM »

OMG, too funny!  She's beautiful and so much personality!  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.