March 28, 2024, 04:05:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 251416 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: May 25, 2009, 07:13:29 PM »

May 25, 11:36 AM EDT

Dying bulldog saves owner from Grand Rapids fire

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) -- A Michigan man's decision not to end his terminally ill bulldog's life has ended up saving his own.

Scott Seymour said his dog, Brittney, awakened him with her barking early Saturday in time for both of them to escape from his burning house in Grand Rapids.

The fire came two weeks after a veterinarian discovered the 9-year-old American bulldog had several cancerous tumors.

The vet said the dog might not survive surgery, and Seymour ruled out chemotherapy, believing it would be too hard on Brittney.

Seymour said he could have had Brittney put down, but instead decided to give her medication to blunt her pain until death comes naturally, probably within a few weeks.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_DYING_HERO_DOG?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: May 26, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »

After 16 years of companionship and playing with 4 kids, our beloved dog passed yesterday.  I have not chatted about him as we have been struggling with his heath and the fine line between being compassionate and not letting go.  We finally had to take him in yesterday as he could no longer walk and he was gently put to sleep in my arms.  16 is an amazing age to reach for a husky and I am sure he can finally chase rabbits and caribou with no pain, something he has not been able to do for a few years now.

Here is a puppy picture of him guarding one of the holes he dug, as well as a picture from a few years ago.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #482 on: May 26, 2009, 01:44:12 PM »

Northern Rose, what a beautiful animal, I'm crying, and I know there aren't any words I can say to help you, but please believe me, I know. My Zoe's tumor is bigger, and nothing can really be done, new medicine may help not to let it grow anymore. I feel like I'm dying a little everyday with worry, she is my best friend, I will pray for you and your family. Please take care  an angelic monkey
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: May 26, 2009, 01:45:27 PM »

Northern Rose, I am so sorry for the loss of your companion.  I have been there & know that pain.  Thank you for sharing the beautiful pics of him.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:58:40 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: May 26, 2009, 01:48:04 PM »

Norther Rose, I am so sorry about my post above!  I tried to give you a hug & the wrong pic went in.  (I should have previewed it!)  I am so, so sorry.  I'll try again.  Please forgive me.   an angelic monkey

It's fixed.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:59:13 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2009, 01:54:12 PM »

Norther Rose, I am so sorry about my post above!  I tried to give you a hug & the wrong pic went in.  (I should have previewed it!)  I am so, so sorry.  I'll try again.  Please forgive me.   an angelic monkey

CeCe no offense taken.  It actually made me giggle which is nice as I have done my share of crying and still am.  I love silly emoticons.  The hugs are very much appreciated as well.  I am really having a hard time today especially going out in the back yard and seeing his toys etc.  We have another dog that was his buddy.  He woke me almost every hour throughout the night last night wanting to go out as he is so confused right now.  Your picture made me giggle as that was him every hour trying to tell me he wanted out.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: May 26, 2009, 01:54:13 PM »

Awws...I am so sorry for your loss, I know this has had to be very difficult for you.   My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family at this sorrowful time, remember your furbaby fondly.  He's looking down smiling with gratitude for the love he received & will always be with you in spirit & in your hearts.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: May 26, 2009, 01:57:03 PM »

Northern Rose, what a beautiful animal, I'm crying, and I know there aren't any words I can say to help you, but please believe me, I know. My Zoe's tumor is bigger, and nothing can really be done, new medicine may help not to let it grow anymore. I feel like I'm dying a little everyday with worry, she is my best friend, I will pray for you and your family. Please take care  an angelic monkey

Thank you  no rose.  They are like our children and I have been praying for your Zoe.  I feel so bad as I read your post about him but because of what was going on with our dog felt my pain would overtake my compassion for you if I posted.  Please know I have been thinking of you and Zoe know what you are going through.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: May 26, 2009, 02:01:02 PM »

CeCe no offense taken.  It actually made me giggle which is nice as I have done my share of crying and still am.  I love silly emoticons.  The hugs are very much appreciated as well.  I am really having a hard time today especially going out in the back yard and seeing his toys etc.  We have another dog that was his buddy.  He woke me almost every hour throughout the night last night wanting to go out as he is so confused right now.  Your picture made me giggle as that was him every hour trying to tell me he wanted out.

Oh Northern Rose, you are such a classy person.  Thank you for being so kind.  I'm just mortified that the wrong pic went up.

I'm sure his buddy is lost without him & will grieve along with you.  Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #489 on: May 26, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »

Thank you  no rose.  They are like our children and I have been praying for your Zoe.  I feel so bad as I read your post about him but because of what was going on with our dog felt my pain would overtake my compassion for you if I posted.  Please know I have been thinking of you and Zoe know what you are going through.
Thank-you so much, that is one reason why I don't visit this thread very often, but again I'm thinking of you and your family during this terrible time. I always think of you as the Queen of Links, you are always there with a link and article which I very much appreciate  an angelic monkey
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: May 26, 2009, 03:20:59 PM »

Northern Rose, my heart hurts for you more than I can say.  My beloved Chance died a year ago.  He was 14.  We had scheduled the euthanasia because he had pancreatitis and while my husband and I were in the waiting room at the vet's, he died in my older son's arms as he carried him in.  I know that you did the right thing, but it still hurts.  We still walk around the spot where he laid, (which of course is right in the center of our house traffic!)  My prayers are with you.  He was so beautiful.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: May 26, 2009, 03:24:00 PM »

Could a mod help me?  I can't edit this post and my picture is gargantuan!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #492 on: May 26, 2009, 03:40:26 PM »

Northern Rose - I am so sorry about your dog. 16 is a long time to love and enjoy - you were blessed

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: May 26, 2009, 04:06:49 PM »

Northern Rose,

I, too am terribly saddened by your loss. I hope some day, looking at this image I made for you and Max will bring good feelings of the wonderful experiences you and he shared.

With sadness and hugs,
~Brandi

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #494 on: May 26, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »

Dear Northern Rose,

My heart is just breaking for you.  Some people don't understand the love between our pets and us but I can feel your pain from here.  My beloved Poohfur died in my arms, due to a stroke from diabetes at age 13.  We now have an 8 yr old named Casper and there is still not too many days that I don't think of Pooh and miss him.  Time will help and Max is no longer in pain but playing beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

Hugs, Magic  an angelic monkey

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #495 on: May 26, 2009, 04:58:37 PM »

Northern Rose my heart goes out for you, the pain is tremendous not to mention the sadness when your companion dog is gone, no doubt even more difficult having to finally make that decision.  Having just lost our dog to a sudden death in April I understand what you are going thru right now - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I want to share this poem with you.....

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,

Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad I understand,
Don't let grief then stay your hand.

For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears,

You'd not want me to suffer so,
The time has come to let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me until the end.

Hold me firm and speak to me.
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see,
The kindness that you did for me.

Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve it must be you,
Who has this painful thing to do,

We've been so close, we two, these years
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

For I am now in a better place,
And will be waiting to see your happy face.

So when you cross that final bridge,
Look for me...
I'll be standing at the fridge.

Author Unknown

[/b]

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: May 26, 2009, 05:08:06 PM »

Northern Rose,

I, too am terribly saddened by your loss. I hope some day, looking at this image I made for you and Max will bring good feelings of the wonderful experiences you and he shared.

With sadness and hugs,
~Brandi

Brani... This picture you made is absolutely beautiful.  I was holding up pretty well reading till I saw this.  Thank you.

NorthernRose...My heart breaks for you.  How wonderful that you had 16 blessed years to enjoy and accumulate your beautiful memories of Max.  He was gorgeous.   Wonder if he can catch the caribou now?  Hugs.

twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #497 on: May 26, 2009, 05:21:58 PM »

Northern Rose - I am so sorry to hear about your Max. Just believe that you did the right thing for him by not allowing him to suffer. I too had to have my yorkie put down. It was one of the worst days of my life. I still think of her every day and keep her picture on my desk. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: May 26, 2009, 05:25:28 PM »

Awws...I am so sorry for your loss, I know this has had to be very difficult for you.   My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family at this sorrowful time, remember your furbaby fondly.  He's looking down smiling with gratitude for the love he received & will always be with you in spirit & in your hearts.

capp thank you for your touching words and heartfelt thoughts.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: May 26, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »

Northern Rose, my heart hurts for you more than I can say.  My beloved Chance died a year ago.  He was 14.  We had scheduled the euthanasia because he had pancreatitis and while my husband and I were in the waiting room at the vet's, he died in my older son's arms as he carried him in.  I know that you did the right thing, but it still hurts.  We still walk around the spot where he laid, (which of course is right in the center of our house traffic!)  My prayers are with you.  He was so beautiful.

Thank you for sharing your story of your companion and your warm thoughts.  I caught myself today walking around where he used to lay in the yard just as you mentioned you still do. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.